View more laptops

E725-4520
eMachines Notebook PC

eMachines Notebook PC

4.1

The EMachine E725 is a great system.

I purchased my EMachine E 725 in March of this year.  I work in the technical support field and have seen many different styles of laptop, desktop, tablet and even hand-held devices.  I have worked on machines from the large computer corporations to the no-name machines that have little to know service plan.  In my experience, there is a difference between cheap and a good value.  The EMachine E725 qualifies as a great value in my determination.

First, let's discuss asthetics of the EMachine E725.  It has a great textured case that is easily cleanable.  It has large keys and a built-in number pad.  The button for disabling the wireless is located inside the fold, which deters accidental shutoff during storage.  Next the processing power of the system is top of the line.  I run several applications all at the same time, and some are memory hogs. My EMachine E725 has never hesitated in the time that I have had it.

My EMachine E725 runs Windows 7 Home Edition which has also been a great advantage.  It has tools and is stable enough to work on most any problem with no errors.  For the Techies like myself out there, I have also ran Linux on this system and it ran superbly.

disappointment comes with emachine E725

I have been a pc and laptop user for many years  i have always used a toshiba of some sort . This last year I purchased an emachine as it was on sale for a fabulous price ,now I know why within in one year of use the battery is completely a mess always having to be on a charge only last 20-30 minutes when off charge. The most annoying thing however is that both usb ports have broken or came loose to the point that they are unusable. This really henders what you can do as I need them for my printer , camera ,phone etc. This is not a problem  that can be repaired without replacing the motherboard,Hello I will pay more for repairs that the system.

I do like many things however the resolution on the screen is great the colors are bright bold and beautiful. The speaker volume is much more than any of the Toshibas I haveever had. I always had to use external speakers but with my emachine there are times I even have to turn it down. Thats very important to me as we watch movies and play games all the time. I guess over all for the money I would give this system an average rating.   This would be a great machine for children to use without breaking you.

The EMachine E725 is a great system.

from Winterville, GA

Perfect For Everyday Use

Comments about eMachines Notebook PC:

I bought this laptop back in February of this year to replace my outdated desktop computer and I have to say that I am impressed with it. I use it for browsing, movies, music, and other computer activities and it performs it all very well. If you are a gamer or are looking for a laptop that plays games, dont buy this one because the video card is a weak integrated one and can only play games with low graphics. The screen resolution makes it great for watching movies and although you don't get a lot of vertical information, you learn to get used to it and love it. My only complaints are that it does not have a webcam built in and the touchpad can be very sensitive (sometimes when i place my hand next to the touchpad but not actually on it, it will move the cursor). Also, the sound quality is very poor. The construction of this is quite solid except for the usb ports one of which I have already broken. Compared to other laptops I've seen, it is fairly thin but a bit on the heavier side.

eMachines E725 is a great laptop!

from Hanover, PA

Comments about eMachines Notebook PC:

I love the eMachines E725! The quality of the computer is really great, and the graphics are really nice! Compared to my old laptop, this is faster than light! When I download something, I can't believe how short of wait it is! And 3GB memory is plenty enough for me. The only thing I don't really like is how the mouse sometimes jumps. I'll be getting ready to click something, and the next thing I know, the mouse is up in the corner. But besides that, it's a really great computer!

Emachines is very good for the price

from Fremont, CA

Comments about eMachines Notebook PC:

I have 2 emachines laptops at my home, the one which recently bought is this laptop, one thing is why one should look for only the brand when you have the best features inthe local made laptops which also last for long time and are very lo priced than other laptops . this laptops has an HDscreen in it along with intel dual core processor which is very good , the only thing is these do no thave mirophones in built which should have bene better, hence I rated fourinstead of five , but  thats not a veyr negative thing as you get micrphoes for  very low price outside and can be used along with this laptop, the emachnes brand s now growing very well and is increasing hte durability cmpared to other laptps with a lower price which i amazing ! th battery life is good, the screen is very good , its light weught and the key pad is toooo good touse along ith the mouse touchpad . when you use it you will defineately satisfy with it .it asl o has memory card reader in it

Great Laptop, Glad I purchased it.

from Fresno, CA

Comments about eMachines Notebook PC:

I purchased the Emachine E725 laptop in February 2010 and I can truely say that purchasing the Emachine E725 laptop was a great investment. I love that the E725 screen size is 15.6" because I hate little laptops with little screens. The E725 has 3gb memory and its just enough space for my memory needs. The DVD player/CD burner on the E725 is great because I am always on the go and I constantly watch movies to entertain mysef. The multi card reader on the E725 is a plus because I travel alot and I love to take pictures and the E725 makes it very easy to rip my pictures from the memory card to my laptop.The E725 also is Wi-Fi ready and I can connect to the world wide web at home, work, and anywhere else I want to.  The E725 also comes with windows 7 pre-installed which is perfect for all my needs as a student and my needs as a business woman. I have owned the E725 for about eight months and I have no complaints. Great Product!

disappointment comes with emachine E725

from Charleston, IL

Emachines E725 Laptop, Great price and suits all my needs

from Saint Peters, MO

Comments about eMachines Notebook PC:

This laptop is great, you can't beat the price for everyday use. May not have enough space for someone who does more than surf the web and play games on the computer, but for basic compujter needs this computer is great!

I love my emachine laptop!!!

from Lexington, KY

Comments about eMachines Notebook PC:

I love my laptop! This is my first laptop and I have had a great experience with it. I am able to search the internet and do the things I need to do.  I have only gotten one virus but it was easy to clean-up and fix.  I am looking forward to continuing to own this laptop!

A computer for the every day user.

from Erin, NY

Comments about eMachines Notebook PC:

The E725 is an excellent buy for the average pc user.  With a fast processor, and good wireless capability, it is a consumer good buy.  I highly recommend it, and best of all it is affordable for most budgets. I have very little negative to say about it.  With a long battery life, and lots of cool features, it is good for everyday users.

emachine E725 very bad.

from Lawrenceville, GA

Comments about eMachines Notebook PC:

I'd purchased this loptop as a birthday gift for my husband. As soon as I got it out of the box, it did not work, it shows "disk error", of course i called customer service (after a 1 hour search on the internet for that #), no, they don't have that # on their website. and to my surprise they said it was a hard drive problem. How can that be...out of the box?, and yes, I've to pay for shipping, isn't that funny? I couldn't return it to the store because I had it 2 months prior to my husband's birthday, it was "on sale", big misstake, as you all know the store policy for return is 15 days for computers. I'll never again buy emachine, and I hope that I can help you save your money and your time. Don't buy it