Other Dating Websites:

eHarmony.com

Pros

Cons

• Features:

Great for people who are seriously looking for a relationship

I purchase the eharmony dating site for approximately 6 months before I was just about to cancel my contract when I met the guy of my dreams we are due to be married in Wichita, Kansas.  The problem is you really have to be patient and research the people you are filtered out to be matches.  The other problem is people are not honest when answering the surveys and the end up matched to people who are not their dating preference.  Me and my fiance actually live over 250 miles away from each other.  But after the wedding we will be living either in KC-MO are in Wichita, KS we have not made up our minds yet.  Another thing that works for us is that we both have a relationship with God.  I am African-American and he is Caucasian neither of us were looking at our ethnic backgrounds.  He is a cowboy and I am a city girl who loves going to the country.  I am truly happy with the outcome I have received from E-harmony.  Keep up the good work!!!!!  And remember if you join you have to be patient!!!!

They'll Have You Dating Your Cousin

I have to admit that I don't remember all the details of their matching system.  I know it's a questionnaire with at least 60 questions.  When they first came on the scene several years ago, I signed on, completed the questionnaire, but did not pay to join.  It was something like $60 at that time.  Their system matched me right away with about eight guys.  The closest one lived in North Carolina.  Give me a break!  A lot of these members don't reveal their photos, or maybe you can't even see their photos until you join.  That's a big red flag.  I have to be relatively attracted to someone before I will agree to meet them.  I unsubscribed because I didn't like their methods.

Fast forward three years.  eHarmony e-mailed me a free weekend membership, so I tried again.  I got a few interesting matches, but there was no way I was going to pay the full membership fee.  After a little negotiating, I got them to give me a membership for $10 a month.  That's more like it.

The first guy sounded interesting, plus he looked familiar.  He was a doctor in my town.  I always do as much detective work as possible, to find out as much as I can about someone.  I Googled his medical specialty, along with his first name (which isn't a common one), and my town.  My jaw dropped at the first name that appeared on the list.  His last name was the same as my paternal grandmother's.  I was able to find a photo of this doctor online, and it was the same guy on the dating site.  HOLY COW, the guy turned out to be my second cousin whom I had never met.  I kid you not.  No wonder we were compatible.

I e-mailed this guy and told him.  He was floored.  We agreed to meet, not to date, of course, but to meet as cousins.  It was an okay meeting, more amusing than anything else.

Afterward, I continued to receive matches.  They sent a bunch of guys who didn't interest me, along with ones who lived a few hours away.  I came to the conclusion that the process is one big joke.  People try to hide their photos until you've responded to about 10 e-mails.  I don't know about you, but I don't have that kind of patience.  Why would I want to go through all this nonsense, then find out that I'm not attracted to them?  I canceled my membership and will never use them again.

Be warned!

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about eHarmony.com:

I tried using eHarmony as my first look at online dating. Somehow I ended up with payments of 3 installments. After being bombarded by creepers, I just wanted out. Their customer service flat out said no. I can't delete my profile until I'm done paying. So I offered to pay in full (for services I'm not even using.). They STILL won't delete my profile. Their "customer service" is truly unbelievable :( and now I'm trapped.

Meeting?

from Lakeland, FL

Comments about eHarmony.com:

I am 5'11, 185 and athletic. 64, retired and no money worries. Some consider me good looking.

I have been on eHarmony for nine months. My profile has been reviewed by less than 200 members, I have used eH icebreaker to chat with 10 members (those who replied to my over 350 ice-breakers) and got to the email on two of them. Two email exchanges then no replies.

Two members initiated discussions with me. One was 12 years older than me and 300 miles away, and one was nine inches shorter than me and weighted 40 pounds more than me. I actually met no one.

I consider the site a waste of money.

waste of time and money

from boston ma

Comments about eHarmony.com:

matches not within previously mentioned parameters
you are locked into a subscription for about 200 before you are able to cancel
Ineffective. matches are no longer subscribing no longer using site
awful

Beware

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about eHarmony.com:

There is a question which pops up at the beginning after signing up which asks, "Do you think President Obama is a Muslim?" If you answer "yes", you are permanently banned. Either e-harmony is racist against blacks, Muslims, or both. In any case, unless you are a white supremacist, racist, etc., I would not suggest this dating site to anyone.

Website is very slow

Comments about eHarmony.com:

Site needs to be seamless.

I regret signing up for eHarmony and giving them my money.

from philadelphia, pa

Comments about eHarmony.com:

I've read that it's estimated that 90% of the members are inactive or not subscribed. And they DON'T show you who is subscribed or when they've last logged in. So you could be writing a very thoughtful message to someone and there's a 90% chance they never even read it/can't respond to it. Basically they're using the subscribers as bait.

Waste of money

from TAMPA, FL

Comments about eHarmony.com:

I signed up for three months. Within 2 weeks all of the matches they sent me were inactive users. All of their profiles say "Active over a month ago." 100% of them. So it was good for about two weeks but I'm paying for three months of inactive matches. If someone's profile has not been active in more than a month they should not be sending them to me. TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY.

One of the worst dating sites

Comments about eHarmony.com:

This site is extremely over priced. You will be subject to hijacked profile on a daily basis. Dont bother trying to cancel for any reason. You can not even shut down your account until it has been paid in full.

Customer Service
Worst customer service. Very hard to find any way to contact.

Terrible results

Comments about eHarmony.com:

I am a professional with a bachelors degree. I was a member of eharmony for about a month with zero results. So for fun I sent requests to the first 25 women that popped up on my screen. Still zero results. This site is a joke. As soon as my membership is up I will cancel and never return. It has been 2 months and I have yet to even get to email with a single woman.

• Features:

How did I get set up with these guys?

Comments about eHarmony.com:

I won't comment on their fellonious billing practices. In the space of three months, I had dates with four men who were only looking for a one-night stand (one guy claimed he was 49 in his profile but admitted to being 63, lived with his ex-wife, their children and the ex-wife's boyfriend), I dated two months with a man who had a past that included defrauding seniors if their savings and whose license was revoked by the SEC, and another man who I dated two years who turned out to be a narcissistic sociopath who I trusted till he took all my savings. Gee.... I can't imagine eHarmony's algorithm could partner me with such scum.