3.5
e.l.f. Shimmering Facial Whip - All Shades

e.l.f. Shimmering Facial Whip - All Shades

3.5

Great for travel - Great Price

Before I wrote this review, I made sure to try this product several different ways. I wanted to be objective and give a good overview. This makeup does do about what you'd expect from a product like this at this price point: it gives quick, light coverage, but it isn't going to knock your socks off.

I would recommend this product for the following situations:

- you're travelling and need something small, quick, and easy (it's great for your carry-on liquids when flying)

- you want a good liquid eyeshadow on a budget (this stuff is better than estee lauder's!)

- you need to do your makeup in a hurry

I would not recommend this product in the following situations:

- you want a cute lipwear (this stuff looks a little funky on your lips--maybe if you were going for a teenage girl glam look it might work--but it rubs off pretty immediately)

- you want it primarily for a blusher. I put this on my cheeks using natural light, and it might just be that I was using the pink one and that I'm very fair, but I could barely see it. And then when I went inside, it was very obvious and lopsided.

- you want to just throw on this and maybe a little bit of mascara. I'm telling you right now, it will not look good. You will need at least a foundation/moisturizer, a little eyeliner, mascara, and an eyeshadow that matches your skintone (use the eyeshadow over/under your eyes to blend, set the shadow, and hide dark circles).

For the person(s) who state that it looks clownish when applied: I could see that, but I have two things to say. First, make sure to choose a color that will look good with your skintone. Second; blend, blend, blend, blend! You can't expect to just throw this on with nothing else. It will cut down on time, but it is not a cure-all. You really have to blend it!

I don't understand this product

I understand that this product is supposed to highlight the skin, yet it contains too much water. I received a free sample from elf with my online purchase and it was very watery when it came out. I was lost in what a "facial whip" was, as it provided no information on the tube about what the product is. I attempted to put it on my face but only clear-liquid water comes out. Eventually I see the product, which was like glittery cream. I placed it on my face and see no difference in highlighting. I don't understand how others see the greatness of this product! I threw it out after three occasions of "giving it another chance". Perhaps mine was defective to begin with due to the clear liquid I saw, but even with the real product that comes out, I still stand-by my poor review: it does nothing for me. The cheap price is what keeps many people from coming back, but after using better quality products, it's certainly not the hassle and risk of clogging pores.

I don't understand this product

Not a great product

Comments about e.l.f. Shimmering Facial Whip - All Shades:

I do not recommend this product because of it's formula. People say to shake it, I have done that, it still comes out liquidy. There is a white liquid substance that only comes out of it even if you get a colored one. When you apply it to your face, it is so shimmery. I know that this is a shimmering facial whip, but this is VERY shimmery.

Adds a great glow--good dupe for Benefit HIgh Beam

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about e.l.f. Shimmering Facial Whip - All Shades:

I am always on the lookout for great dupes for high end cosmetics. While Elf Shimmering Facial Whip has a different consistency, the look is a great dupe for Benefit's highbeam. I have very oily skin, and need to use a long-wearing oil-suppressing foundation, which can look flat. I put a little bit of this Elf Shimmering Facial Whip on the top of my cheekbones and under my brow bone and it ads just enough of a glow. Word of warning: a TEENY TINY BIT GOES A LONG WAY!

Beautiful shine, and a good quality high lighter!

Comments about e.l.f. Shimmering Facial Whip - All Shades:

I love this stuff! At first I was a little skeptical when I ordered it, but to my surprise I love it! You barely need any because it spreads very well, so the product lasts a long time. For being so cheap, it actually feels like a pretty high quality makeup! It makes me skin look luminous wherever I put it, and I use it almost every day. It highlights the cheekbones and the high arc of the eyebrow. I also use it whenever I contour my face to give it a better structured look. Completely satisfied with the product. I love the tiny bottle it comes in, because it makes the storage of it so much easier. I will definitely being buying this again when I run out!

Great for travel - Great Price

from Newnan, GA

I would recommend this product for the following situations:

- you need to do your makeup in a hurry

I would not recommend this product in the following situations:

Frosty, sticky, unwearable

from La Jolla, CA

Comments about e.l.f. Shimmering Facial Whip - All Shades:

I received this e.l.f. Shimmering Facial Whip in Toasty as a free gift for referring three friends. The color looks nice in the packaging, and I was expecting a warm brown color I could use on my cheeks and lips, since according to the packaging it could work for eyes, lips, and cheeks. Instead, when I tried it on my lips, it ended up totally frosty. My lips didn't even have any color other than a terrible, whitish layer that looked kind of purple. The consistency was also really watery, so it didn't even go on my lips very well because it kept sliding around (which I guess was good because it wiped off pretty easily).

I tried it on my cheeks; it didn't blend in at all, and was again a disgusting layer of whitish sheen. I didn't even bother trying it on my eyelids because the consistency was such a watery, sticky mess. Maybe I just didn't get the right color, but I really dislike this whip and I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

The e.l.f whip is a great additive!

from El Dorado Hills, CA

Comments about e.l.f. Shimmering Facial Whip - All Shades:

The E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip is a great highlighting additive to any moisturizer or liquid foundation.  This whip provides great color to any face, as long as it is applied correctly.  If it is not, it can make your face look to shiny.  By itself, it can also be sticky.  I like to mix it with my facial moisturizer after I have applied my foundation, but before I apply bronzer or blush.

This facial highlighter is great for any skin tone, texture or color.  It provides enough highlight to give the skin a nice glow, without leaving it shiny.  It leaves the face looking fresh and healthy.  If you do not have enough time in the mornings to apply foundation, moisturizer, bronzer and a highlighter, I recommend mixing a 2:5 ratio of your liquid foundation and this facial whip to accommodate all of the above.  Even if you do have time to spare, I recommend combining this product with something, to avoid stickyness.

Decent for the Money

from Mira Loma, CA

Comments about e.l.f. Shimmering Facial Whip - All Shades:

ELF products are great for people on a tight budget but they wear off quickly and if you have ever used department store make-up you notice the difference immediately. This particular product is one of the better ones.

Beautifully Simple

from Battle Creek, MI

Comments about e.l.f. Shimmering Facial Whip - All Shades:

This product not only makes you look radient and fresh all day long.  The elf shimmering whip is literally the most affordable GOOD FOR YOUR SKIN makeup.  It has all of the same ingredients as nutrigena's tinited oil free mosturizer but for nearly 1/7 of the cost.  It is easy to use and fun to use as well.  It comes in various shades to match your mood or time of year.  It is a great product!

one of my favourites

from Evans, GA

Comments about e.l.f. Shimmering Facial Whip - All Shades:

I use it on my eyes, as a base. I really like it, brightens my eyes really nice, and makes me look rested .

Just a very small amount is needed, and it goes a long way.

I would definitely buy this again