3.7

e.l.f. Nail Polish - All Shades

3.7

Pros

Cons

Cheap pricetag makes it possible to try every color!

e.l.f.  nail polish is fun, bright and, best of all, cheap. Yes, the quality of this brand is not quite up there with the more expensive products, but it is sufficient. Because the polishes are so inexpensive, you can try any color you want. And, they have plenty to choose from.

For me, making a nail polish selection is normally challenging, because of the cost of many polishes. I usually have to limit myself to one bottle. However, I can buy several of the e.l.f. brand polishes for the price of one bottle of another brand, so I don't have to make those tough decision.

There are a few drawbacks, such as the smaller size of e.l.f. brand bottles, but overall this is a great product for the price. It takes more coats to get a good cover, and it chips pretty badly without a topcoat, but, for me, these are minor issues that can be remedied with a little extra time and a good layer of topcoat as a finisher.

These little bottles make great stocking stuffers, and are a great way to treat yourself, especially if you want to try something a little out there, but don't want to commit to a pricey bottle of nail polish you may get sick of in a week.

e.l.f Nail Polish is cheap and pretty, but chips too easily.

I have a few shades of nail polish from e.l.f. that I ordered off their website, www.eyeslipsface.com.  I have Bubble Gum Pink, Moonlight, Nude, Fire Coral, Mango Madness, Passion Pink,and a brown one I can't tell you the name of now.  My favorite is Bubble Gum Pink.  The color is bright and super-girly.  It's not glittery, shimmery or iridescent, it's just a nice classic matte pink.  Fire Coral is my second favorite, it's very gold with pink tones in it.  I just love this shade.  It's metallic but has the pink in it also, which is beautiful. It seemed a little thick, but was a great shade for summer. Moonlight or the brown shades are probably my third favorites, they're both an iridescent color, the Moonlight is gray/silver, and is different from most nail polish colors but still very pretty.  Next, I'd have to say is Passion Pink.  With a close Mango Madness after the Passion Pink.  The reason for the close rankings is because they are almost exactly the same color.  Mango Madness looks like a bright orange on the website, but is a darker pink when it arrives.  I double-checked the tag on the bottom of the bottle just to be sure.  After you put it on and it dries, it turns more orange, but still not what was pictured on the website.  Same with the Passion Pink.  But on the website, Passion Pink looks like a deep pink.  Certainly not a funky orange with a pinkish tint.  I had Mango Madness on all of my fingers, and the Pink Passion on all of my toes, and asked my sister if she could tell a difference, and she couldn't.  I expected the Nude nail polish to be more pigmented, but I actually now use it as a clear top coat, ha!  Even two coats of this still appears just about invisible.  So beware of what the bottle itself OR the picture on the website looks like, you could be in for a surprise. And the nail polish usually chips within the day and **for sure** the next day or so after that.  But for the price and color options, I can't complain. They certainly don't look cheap, and when the color is on your nails, it looks beautiful.  It just starts to chip a little bit. I still use my Bubble Gum Pink and Moonlight, and I'll probably buy some more shades in the future! Oh, and a PS, I feel like the colors do strengthen my nails which is a huge bonus.

Cheap price, so it wears cheap.

Comments about e.l.f. Nail Polish - All Shades:

I am all for a bargain and I love great steals. However, I've only found one brand of nail polish (Pure Ice) that's cheap and has a great quality. Last time I bought my makeup from E.L.F I gave this a try. I found that the color looked awesome and they had a big selection, but it chipped fast. Within the first day I already had to repaint my nails. If you don't mind constantly fixing your nails, this is a great cheap alternative to other nail polishes.

Potent formula but some good colors

Comments about e.l.f. Nail Polish - All Shades:

The formula isn't all that great, and most of them that I own really stink when you're using them. I expect a polish smell, but ELF polishes are more on the potent side.

Crappy formula, but some of the colors are fairly unique and pretty. I got a couple of Christmas sets last year, in total about 30-40 ELF polish bottles so I've experimented with them quite a bit. The polish bottles are pretty small as well so you don't get much product.

However, I think this would make a good set for cheap colors to use for nail art. To dip a paint brush in and dotting tools. This would also make a nice gift for teenagers, I think.

With a good base and top coat you can get decent wear out of them. There is a dark green ELF polish that is probably one of my favorite colors. I just with they didn't stink so bad. All in all, I probably wouldn't request the large holiday packages again, nor would I go out of my way to buy them. But they're not the worst cheap polish out there.

Cheap price but GREAT product!

from Chattanooga, TN

Comments about e.l.f. Nail Polish - All Shades:

I really like this brand of nail polish! This year I have been wearing more bold and bright colors of polish and I'm having a blast! My husband wasn't sure what to think when he saw my nails in yellows, greens, bright pinks, and my newest favorite is navy! I don't know how many bottles of "navy" I bought this year until I found elf's dark navy & it's perfect! It only takes 1 coat to do the trick, lasts for days without wearing off, & my nails have stopped peeling! You won't be disappointed!

e.l.f. nail polish is affordable, but not perfect

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about e.l.f. Nail Polish - All Shades:

I love the colors of the nail polish and how cheap it is- but i do have a problem. No matter how long i let it dry it always ends up clumpy/messed up when i do more than one coat. Not a perfect product but worth it for the price!

e.l.f. polish is great for the price!

from Austin, TX

Comments about e.l.f. Nail Polish - All Shades:

I own a variety shades of e.l.f. nail polish. The best part about them is the price, of course! It allows you to try many different tones without breaking the bank! The color goes on smooth, and I have found, with some shades I only need one coat, while others need two coats for best coverage. If I really want the color to last, I use a top coat and sometimes a bottom coat, because the color does chip easily, although the same goes for other similarly priced brands of nail polish. These are not fast drying polishes, so take your time when painting your nails and allow plenty of time for them to dry to avoid smudges. Also, the e.l.f. nail polish bottles are smaller than other brands, but personally, I have never finished a full bottle of nail polish, so that is not a problem for me. I would definitely recommend these nail polishes for someone who does not want to spend alot to try many new nail colors!

Cheap polish but chips easily

from Alameda, CA

Comments about e.l.f. Nail Polish - All Shades:

I really like these polishes because there is a wide selection of colors and it is very affordable, however the quality is not up to par.

One time I used this polish underneath some mattifying polish and the result was very good, at first. However, as a couple days went by the polish started to look weird. I thought that it my have been the mattifying polish (by Essie), but when I tried the Essie with some Sally Hansen it worked great and looked great.

As for regular use, this polish chips very very easily. It can go MAYBE one day without chipping. I much prefer my Sally Hansen now....even though it is a bit more expensive than E.L.F. because I appreciate the quality of the polish.

If you want to get a fun color polish that you are only gonna have for one night, then this is fine. But, for me, it takes me a long time to do my nails. If I am going to spend that much time on my nails I want them to be able to last!

Cheap nice shades

from Flushing, NY

Comments about e.l.f. Nail Polish - All Shades:

I really like e.l.f. nail polish. At first I went safe by only purchasing the clear, white, nude and other natural shades for french manicure. I actually liked it and went on venturing with other colors. They have little of all shades and they are very very cheap that you can't help but pick up the colors that catches your eyes. They also have many promotions that will lower the cost even more. Considering you can pick up five and even nine e.l.f. nail polish for the one sold by other companies, I end up picking up more colors. Nail polishes harden over time anyway so its not like its going to last you for years and years so I feel like this is a good way to purchases the colors you like each season without thinking of expense. They seem to come up with new shades of color which makes it fun. Light or dark their colors are very nice and I have nothing to complain about their quality when it comes to the nail polishes.

e.l.f. nail polish is inexpensive but works just fine.

from Chino, CA

Comments about e.l.f. Nail Polish - All Shades:

Buying a lot of nail polish colors is the same as buying so many pairs of shoes. It's just a girl thing and I'm so glad that I came across e.l.f. nail polishes because it's so inexpensive and won't break the bank. I can buy so many different colors without feeling guilty! They have a large variety of colors that look great on your nails, but I do agree with other users that the color chips easily. However, just paint on several coats to keep that from happening. It's not a big deal because nail polish always chips a lot faster than toe polish since you use your hands all the time. It's also very convenient to buy because they even sell this at my local food4less grocery store. I always pick up a new color whenever I go grocery shopping. The bad part is that you can't store it for a long time like other more expensive brands. After a while, the color clumps up and you could tell the brush is definitely not as good quality as other brands.

Good results, great value.

from Encinitas, CA

Comments about e.l.f. Nail Polish - All Shades:

I am a big fan of this nail polish. I currently only own one shade, but I hope to collect more because they are a great value and look good on my nails. The shade I have is a dark burgandy red, unlike others I have seen in other collections because it is just the right balance between too bright red and too dark brown or purplish. My favorite part about the nail polish has to be the speed with which it dries. Now I am not sure if this applies to all of the shades or just the one that I own, but if you put it on one coat at a time it will dry within a minute! They don't even advertise this as one of the benefits of the polish but it is certainly a deciding factor for me. I have a very hard time sitting still and am constantly ruining my nails by accidently touching them to something before they dry. Therefore, this polish is perfect for someone who does not have the patience to sit around all day waiting for their nails to dry. I also find the wear time to be good and I don't use a base or a top coat. And, what a value!

Good Color and lggong wearing

from Camp Hill, PA

Comments about e.l.f. Nail Polish - All Shades:

1. ***I absolutly love this nail polish!!! They have lots of shades to choose from. It goes on the nails very good. ***

2. ***I ecspecially love the cotton candy color. It is a pink but very  LIGHT.. It comes in a nice size bottle so it goes far***

3. ***I love ELF makeup and totally adore the nail polish.  It is a low shipping fee but they always offer coupon codes and free shipping.***

4. ***Thw only thing I dont like about the nail polish is it is shipped to you,   ***

5. ***The red colrs of this polish are very dark. Thier is no metallic or sparkle shades..***