3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

My honey liked her valentine gift!

Prior to a few weeks ago, I had been aware of Cafepress.com as a nice source for logo or proprietary printed clothes, mugs, kick-knacks, etc. Essentially, the seller designs a log, joins the site and then when a buyer comes along, cafepress prints and fulfills the item and pays the seller.In my case, I was looking for an all-cotton tank top with a particular romantic expression printed. I did a google search No, I am not going to list the expression here. use your imagination.Anyhow, the item was an all-cotton tank top for $17.99 plus $5 shipping. I ordered it on January 30, it shipped on January 31 and arrived on February 4. They shipped using UPS so it was trackable.It was very easy to determine my wife's size. The garment fit really well and my wife thought it was quality material and was very, very soft and comfortable.The site worked pretty well and checkout was great. I didn't like the fact that the order receipt page will not link back to the particular storefront (of the sponsor within cafepress). You have to get the storefront name and then go look for it. I can recommend this store.

CafePress Screws Shopkeeper/Artists. Please Boycott CafePress!

CafePress USED to be a great company.  Their production department is still pretty good, but the powers that be, the decision makers, are unethical, uncaring, unsympathetic and greedy.  CafePress really treats the artists that contribute their designs to the site horribly!

Several years ago, my health came to the point that I could no longer print my own products, travel and do fairs, nor run a store any more.  I'm a single parent, so I had to find an alternative way to produce my designs on products as well as ship them before we lost our home.  I ran across CafePress.  I saw that they were a perfect fit to what I was looking for, so I dug deeper.  CafePress charges you for a storefront online, and we, the artists would upload our images, place them on products, decide the mark-up, etc.

So, I open a store. Then 2 more.  I even tried to be a consultant with my 3 decades of experience.

These WERE the terms.

- We got to mark up the prices to whatever was appropriate for our designs.

- We were included in the search and marketplace on the site.

- We received tiered bonuses depending on how many products we sold.

- We received referral bonuses for referring new store owners (and customers I think)

- The relationship was mutually beneficial and respectful.

Then, the COLD winds of change began to blow about 12 - 18 months ago.  I went from feeling like a friend to feeling like a pimped-out whore.  Just in a little over a year:

- They took away all volume bonuses, so those artists that sell well get as much as a novice that just threw a couple of words on a product in block lettering and sold one.

- They took away all of our referral bonuses, so all of the people that I recommended and opened shops was free advertising for CafePress.

- They took away the right to price our own products in the marketplace.  They 'claim' that they would 'experiment' by changing percentages which was never done.  They stripped it to a minimum and that was that.

- They 'claim' that we can set prices in our own shops, but I have yet to see that translate into royalties.  I also find it ironic that orders that I know for a fact were generated through my sites (I even know a couple personally) were all dubbed 'marketplace' sales at the minimum markup.

- They have blocked me from talking to other shopkeepers so I don't blow their pricing secrets and to talk about what's bothering us.

- My **income has dropped over 60%** and my li'l girl & I are now in financial hell.  It has really affected what I can do for her.

- Now, **without my permission/authorization**, CafePress is now pimping out MY designs to other websites, including Amazon, at the same minimum rate!

They think that they can do whatever the hell they want with what they do not own!  They treat the designers like crap, rip off the customers by overcharging, and from experience, I feel sorry for anyone who has a problem with their order.  I'm a shop owner and went through hell trying to get some items replaced that were misprinted.  Also, their BASE PRICE is what I've always sold as RETAIL prices in my stores and at fair stands. I've been in the business over 32 years, owned 3 stores, ran a few print shops and I know what things cost!  They are ripping off the shopkeepers AND customers BIG TIME!

I hate to think about deleting the last store.  It took me two years to build with hundreds of designs and I have hundreds waiting in the wings.  But I stopped posting new designs once the bullcrap started.

So, on behalf of all of the other designers that CafePress has mistreated, please **boycott CafePress**!!!

pop ups

from Farrmngdale, Maine

Comments about cafepress.com:

i am trying to figure out what I want to buy & 0n the right hand side of the screen you have things popping up all the time & the goggle one is there the whole time in the Fix this and your sight will be excellent. Thank you very much.

My go to place for unique designs

from Seattle, WA

Comments about cafepress.com:

For personalized and unique gifts to friends and myself, I go to CafePress. The quality of the printing is always good. I order two woven blankets, and the colors came out bright and beautiful. The quality of the blankets were good also. I don't know how they will hold up to washing, but the shirts I've ordered in the past have held up to many washings. The website is not the easiest to navigate, however, I had no trouble with uploading images and creating my own designs for shirts and mugs.

Expensive!

from Florida

Comments about cafepress.com:

Cafepress has been around for a long time, and they haven't really changed or improved at all during that time.

The website lets you make your own t-shirts, sweatshirts, mugs and other stuff and buy or sell them or buy other people's personalized items.

The downside to this is the website is confusing, it's a pain to upload your graphics or pictures. They add all kinds of additional fees.

It's a good idea, follow through needs some more work.

I have made a few orders through them, and they are okay for magnets and stuff like that but I would rather go other places for the clothing items.

I find the website actually really confusing. It's hard to navigate and often had a lot of loading issues.

Product Selection
They do have what sometimes seems like an endless amount of things to choose from.

Product Pricing
The product pricing gets a little ridiculous.

Customer Service
Customer service can be a pain to get A hold of, but when you do they are pretty helpful.

My New Favorite Clothing Store Online

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about cafepress.com:

CafePress has became my new favorite online clothing store. The selection and quality of their items is excellent and they have a huge selection of funny graphic t-shirts and novelty clothing. They actually sell quite a variety of items such as mugs and posters, but I've only bought clothing from this site.

It's very easy to find your way around this site. You can find different categories by seller, just click on the seller and find everything that particular seller has on CafePress. I don't usually buy my clothing from any particular seller and don't have a favorite. There are so many things on this site that I spend ours just browsing what they have for sell. It seems a lot of artists sell items through this site and that's why it has such a great selection of unique items. I highly recommend this site.

Product Selection
CafePress has a huge selection of unique merchandise. You will definitely find something for everyone in your household at CafePress.

Product Pricing
Some of their things are inexpensive, and then some things are really expensive. Sellers are probably able to choose their own price they sell their items for because prices really vary on this site.

Customer Service
I haven't had any problems and the only time I've emailed them I got a prompt reply back by the next day.

Shipping and Returns
The shipping is reasonably priced. I can't really say anything about their return service because I haven't had to use it yet.

Horrible!!!!

Comments about cafepress.com:

Ordered 2 items for Christmas and I got niether of them. Called C.S. and was given the run around after emailing and it taking 2 days to get back with me. So now here I sit on the 22nd of Dec with no gift for my son or grand daughter and all they could do is say we can get you a new order in and it will be delivered on the 29th. Not only is this after Christmas and not the expedited rush service I paid for, but if they couldn't get either of the orders I placed correct and on time, why would I think they could this time. Sounds like they don't know how to handle a Christmas rush.

Product Pricing
really high pricing on what you get.

Customer Service
I can't even explain all the trouble I have had with their customer service. It would take up way too much time. All I can say is I had one guy who seemed to know what he was doing. All the others I spoke with were just aweful.

Shipping and Returns
The worst I have ever experienced in all my years of shopping online.

Fun novelty store

from Utah

Comments about cafepress.com:

Cafepress.com is a store that provides custom clothes, drinkware, phone cases, etc. I enjoy shopping on here both for gifts for others as well as to personalize some of my own things. I enjoy this site and I would recommend it to others.

It's very simple to upload your own pictures and design your own products. Searching through their regular products takes a little bit of time, but it is pretty easy to find what you are looking for.

Product Selection
They have a great selection of pre-designed products (that I wouldn't have thought of, but that look great). I also greatly enjoy being able to design my own things (such as photo mugs through uploading my own pictures).

Product Pricing
Because many of these things are custom made, it is a little more expensive than finding a product with a generic design at a store. But to me, it can be worth it to have something personalized, and the prices are reasonable compared to other stores that offer this type of personalized products.

Cool gifts for everyone

Comments about cafepress.com:

Whenever I'm looking for a cool or unique gift for someone, I always browse Cafepress.com. This site has a huge selection of shirts, sweatshirts, baby clothes, all with cool designs or characters or your favorite sayings. You can search for merchandise with your favorite television show or cartoon character, and have those shows or characters put on shirts, mugs, mouse pads, or pretty much whatever you want. I have bought clothes, Christmas ornaments, a really cool jewelry box with a neuron design on it, and so much more. I could go on and on telling you all the cool things you can find on this site, but it's better if you just check it out yourself. The prices aren't bad either, and if you subscribe to their emails, you will often find good deals and discounts.

Their search function makes it really easy to find exactly what you want.

Shipping and Returns
I've never had to return anything, but items are usually shipped in a timely fashion and arrive in good shape.

• Shipping and Returns:

A great place for unique products or design your own!

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about cafepress.com:

Whether you sing barbershop and want a part shirt or you are looking for a way to make the shirt for your family reunion, this site will be a great resource for you. I first discovered this site when my chorus was competing in Hawaii and another chorus made shirts for the competition on this site. I bought two shirts and loved how quickly they came and the great quality. I love that even when there is a specific design, you will most likely have multiple options

Product Selection
There is a huge selection of items that can be purchased (hats, shirts, even thong underwear) and within that selection, you can find almost anything you would want on a product. And, if you can't find what you want, you can even design your own!

Product Pricing
The prices are a little high, but I suppose that is to be expected with custom pieces. The plus side is that there are almost always coupons that help bring the price down.

Customer Service
I had an issue on one of my orders, and customer service was efficient in addressing the issue and sending me a replacement order.

Shipping and Returns
Considering these are customized to your order, shipping is very fast. Don't pay for the expedited shipping, though, because for the most part, you will have your order within a week without paying extra.

Great to buy and sell

Comments about cafepress.com:

If you like custom products such as t-shirts, pictures, and mugs, you will really like CafePress. You pretty much type in any keyword that you want and you can find items featuring that keyword. I really enjoy having customized items, so that's why I shop here a lot. I like the wide selection of sports posters that they have. I order those a lot, and they are high quality and delivered without any problems. I also like to take things that I have designed and upload to their website and look at the different products I can order. I enjoy taking photos as a hobby, so I can turn that into a one of a kind mug for a present for someone. CafePress has also given me an opportunity to earn some bonus money. You can post your pictures/ideas to their site and other people can order products featuring them; you then receive some of the profit from those sales. I like the wide selection offered. I have been greatly impressed with CafePress. I will continue to order from them.

Fun site for personalized items/gifts

Comments about cafepress.com:

I can only speak from the standpoint of a customer, but if you are looking for a t-shirt with a funny saying on it or a poster with a motivational quote, chances are you can find it at cafepress.com.

The site has tons of different types of items that you can order with lots of popular sayings and images. I have shopped at cafepress.com a few times when looking for gifts for my sister and friends. My sister works as a special education teacher, and she loves the "Embrace Small Differences" poster that I picked out for her and a tote bag I got her with the JFK quote "All of us do not have equal talent, but all of us should have an equal opportunity to develop our talents." You can find plenty of other similar items, items with pop culture references, jokes, etc. For the posters, I have several different mounting options and with the JFK quote, I could have gotten it on about 10 different types of items (beach bag, reusable lunch bag, laundry bag, etc).

For the negatives, shipping is pretty slow. The standard option is 7-10 days, and it took closer to 10 to get my items. Also, the quality is pretty cheap. But for a fun personalized gift, tshirt, or decoration (not fine art), you can find something "unique" at cafepress.com.