4.1
Other E-commerce Websites:
Appliance Websites, Clothing Websites, Home and Garden Websites, Leisure Websites
Cabelas.com

Cabelas.com

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

Anything you Possibly would need could be found here

Anything that you could possibly need for the outdoors you could find o cabelas.com. I absolutely love shopping on the site. I have a hard time finding my ammo and when I do find it, it is usually out of stock. Not on this website, it is always available. I have found such a great selection for my outdoor camping equipment to stuff for my home. It is a bit more on the expensive side, but I have always been happy with my orders. The quality of the items is great along with the shipping options.

Everything is in a nice order and easy to find.

Product Selection
I have found so much that I needed and more on this website.

Product Pricing
The pricing is a bit high, but the service you are getting and a high quality product it is worth it. I have not had a product that came that I was unhappy with, it is not cheap flimsy items.

Customer Service
Awesome, very helpful. I have called a few times to purchase something that seemed like it was out of stock or just could not seem to find for some reason but the customer service reps have always been so helpful. Very calm and most important very knowledgeable about the products that they sell.

Shipping and Returns
If you don't meet the shipping requirements for the price for free shipping, it can be a bit high. Usually I meet the free shipping because I save all my items until I can qualify for free shipping. It is fast and everything is packaged well for shipping. Nothing has ever come broken. Returns are easy because you are able to return to your local store.

DON'T BUY ROSSI GUNS

I bought a NEW Rossi 44Mag mod.92 level action rifle, from Bob's gun shop in Richmond VA. This was nearly 2 years ago. The rifle had a bent feed tube and barrel which was sent back and repaired. When it came back it was missing the front sight! I have been trying along with Bobs gun shop to get it replaced for over 16 mts.!( 2 hunting seasons,again this is a NEW not used rifle). Still no front sight just every month they tell me they do Not have a front sight yet they continue to make these rifles? They Have No Customer Service! No Matter What the Language!!!

Incredibly Inept Service

from Lacy, Washington

Comments about Cabelas.com:

I've made the mistake of stopping in the Lacy WA store three times. I could not find anyone who knew what they were doing other than tell stories among themselves. My last trip, figuratively and actual (never again) I was looking for a new fishfinder/chartplotter. Give that this is a multi-thousand $$ product, one would expect to be able to talk to someone - anyone - but no, nobody home. well, there are other stores that could probably use my business so I started out and was waylaid by a "special" at the door. good deal for a headlanp, I thought, so I grabbed two and went to check out. Good luck.... there were 3 active registers and not one was able to close a transaction (the lines never moved!) in over 12 minutes. So I left, never to return.

Fun to Shop

from Utah

Comments about Cabelas.com:

I love to shop on Cabelas.com, especially since the closest Cabelas store is almost two hours from where we live. The site is easy to navigate, and the search bar brings back very relevant results for the keywords given. One downside is that you cannot buy guns and ammunition on the website, although that is hard on any website. But I do enjoy doing research on guns on their website. It's very easy to see the guns that they sell in store, and it's easy to group the results by caliber, make, etc. They often run deals on shipping that make it cheaper (whether free shipping, $5 flat rate shipping, etc). Occasionally I have bought clothes on the website that didn't fit right or didn't work for some other reason. When this has happened, it is extremely easy to return things in store with no hassle and no cost for return shipping. Gift cards are also easy to use online.

DON'T BUY ROSSI GUNS

from Richmond,VA.

Unsatisfied, cabelas in Scarborough ME

from Scarborough ME

Comments about Cabelas.com:

My wife recently went to cabelas in Scarborough, ME to purchase me a good bird gun. Not knowing much about shot guns or any firearm in general she was very excited to buy me a new bird gun. When I opened the box I saw that it was a 20 gauge Remington and the ammo that was with it was 12 gauge bird shot which she says was giving to her by the same person that sold her the gun. She was under the impression that she was buying me a 12 gauge which she originally asked for and seeing that she knows nothing about firearms she thought nothing of it. when I called about the issue they made no attempt to correct the issue just simply said nothing could be done. My wife was devastated because she thought I was unhappy with the 20 gauge, knowing that I asked for a 12. I will no longer purchases any of my firearms or ammo from cabelas on the simple fact that my wife spent large amount of money and relied on cabala's employees to steer her in the right direction and when they failed to do so they simply said that they could do nothing for her!
Brandon

Great website!

from Florida

Comments about Cabelas.com:

I just placed an order with Cabela's website, and was pleased by how the whole process.

The website is designed to be attractive, and attention grabbing. Even so, it isn't messy and it easy to navigate and use. The product selection was great, and found some really good deals on Christmas presents without having to drive to the closest actual store.

Shipping was quick, even though I waited a little longer than I should have to order them. They were shipped expertly and quickly. Within a few days of when I placed my order.

I had a few questions about a product and since I couldn't physically see or touch the product before ordering it, I reached out to a customer service agent for assistance, and they were more than helpful regarding my questions and concerns about the product.

I would recommend shopping on the Cabela's website if you're looking for a great selection of sport and outdoors stuff for good prices.

Huge Outdoor Needs Site

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Cabelas.com:

This company has turned into one of the premier outdoor needs retailers. Everything from camping gear to fishing rods, warm weather clothing in camouflage for hunting to high end running apparel, there's very little that has to do with the great outdoors that you can't find with Cabelas.

The online selection mimics what you find in the stores, but considering that the retailer hasn't become mainstream in all cities just yet, it's a great way to shop their offerings. You obviously can't buy firearms online, but just about everything else is there. There's also a lot of great specialty goods for outdoors-people, it's fun to see what you can find just browsing the site.

This isn't a cheap retailer, sometimes things are pricier that you'd probably expect, but the brands are high quality and the selection is vast. They do offer free shipping with a $50 purchase, and there are sales and online coupons frequently. I tend to find more of these during the change of seasons, as well as the holidays, which is when I shop this site the most. They also have a rewards program/card if you do a lot of shopping with them. The site's east to navigate but if you don't know exactly what you're looking for you could spend a lot of time clicking through the products. You can even purchase their gift cards online, which I love because I get them most years for my family but hate the holiday parking and lines! Great shopping site for those not near a store to get all your outdoor needs.

• Shipping and Returns:

Great Site for the Outdoorsy Person!

from MI

Comments about Cabelas.com:

My husband is a huge hunter, and we live in a very rural area that doesn't have much local shopping. We used to travel for hours to get to the nearest Cabela's - and then we got on board with the perks of online shopping.

Cabela's is an online store that has nearly anything you could want when it comes to hunting, archery, camping, ammunition, fishing, even clothing, etc..

While my husband is a big hunter, we also love to camp, and Cabela's is a great source to find cool camping gadgets. We have probably ordered from Cabela's.com nearly a dozen times, and we have always been very pleased with the outcome.

We have really never had to deal with customer service, because the ordering process is very simply, shipping is fast, and we have always received exactly what was ordered.

I am not really a fan of hunting, but I will say, Cabela's.com is a pretty cool website. There is a lot to offer even the non-hunting types!

Product Selection
They really just have it all.

Product Pricing
Very competitive to any other retailer of this type. We also often receive coupons in the mail for having shopped here in the past, which does help!

• Shipping and Returns:

An amazing site for outdoor lovers

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Cabelas.com:

Whether you are a casual camper or an extreme outdoorsman, this site has something for you. I've even made a purchase for my mom whose idea of camping would be to stay in a hotel without room service. I love how easy it is to find products on this site. You can browse by category or use search terms. They also have featured items and a lot of seasonal specifc items features. The prices are usually very good and a lot of times there are additional coupons or discounts offered as well. Make sure you sign up for their email or mobile deal alerts so you don't miss out on a sale.
Overall, a fantastic place to shop for anything outdoor related. It has become my go to online destination.

Product Selection
If it is related to the outdoors, you will find it here. Even if it isn't, you may still find it! The selection on this site is incredible. Not only is there something in every category (camping, hiking, fishing, boating, hunting, etc) there are a lot of subcategories with a huge variety as well. I never knew there were so many different options for camping gear! It can almost get overwhelming if you are just starting off because there is SO MUCH STUFF.

Product Pricing
Prices are very fair. A lot of times you can get an additional discount through coupon codes.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is always efficient.

Great website!

from Kansas

Comments about Cabelas.com:

I order from cabelas.com when I am shopping for gifts for my dad. I have no interest in outdoor type stuff and dread having to actually go to that store. I am so glad they have a website I can order from in the convenience of my own home. The website is helpful, easy to use, and their customer service is great.

My dad likes outdoor things like fishing and boating. I am clueless about that type of stuff. Cabelas.com has excellent descriptions, provides a buyers guide, and product research information. Since I am so clueless about many of these items this helps me SO much when I am ordering gifts for my dad. The website runs extremely well and is easy to navigate. There are usually promo codes at the top of the page and they have $5 shipping on orders over $99. I have always received my items quickly and in perfect condition.

I have only had to contact customer service one time and they were so nice and helpful. I barely had any wait time and was connected to a very nice woman.

This is an excellent website. I do not have to reluctantly go into the store anymore! The information they provide about each item is extremely detailed and helpful.

Good Website

from Utah

Comments about Cabelas.com:

I enjoy shopping on this site.

The website is easy to navigate and search. One complaint is that the search bar often brings up several options that don't fit what you're looking for. I've noticed this most when looking for ammunition. Even if I type in a specific caliber into a search, it will return some results that don't even come in the caliber I was looking for. But it still takes longer to sift through them, since you need to click on each one to find out that it doesn't come in the caliber you specifically searched for (or you need to go through the added step of narrowing selections on the side even if your search was already narrow).

Product Selection
The website offers a somewhat wider variety of selection than can be found in any one particular store.

Product Pricing
The pricing on products is pretty comparable to the store. You might be able to find some things cheaper on a place like Amazon, but many things are pretty competitive.

Customer Service
I've had good experiences with their customer service.

Shipping and Returns
Free shipping to store is a very convenient feature for someone who lives close to a store that doesn't have a particular product in stock. $5.00 flat shipping when using a Club Visa card is also a nice option, particular if buying something bigger or several things at once. We've never returned anything to the website, so I can't comment on that aspect.