View more cloth diapers

bumGenius Organic One-Size All-in-One Cloth Diapers

Pros

Cons

• Absorbency:

Great! Need some hacking, but great!

We love these diapers. Our son just turned a year yesterday and they work great! The amount of money that we have saved is awesome. I also like that our son almost never had any rash of any sort while using these diapers. We bought both new and used cloth diapers of this brand and couldn’t be happier.
There are a few notes to consider, however. We avoided the Velcro ones due to the reviews on the Velcro wearing out. The diapers don’t mention that you need a fleece liner to keep his junk from getting chapped (we like the paper liners for when he poos). He was peeing through the inserts within a couple of months. They are pretty worthless. I found better and cheaper cotton inserts on Ebay that were the size in-between the short and long ones that came with the diaper. And, the cotton itself doesn’t cut it. From doing some extensive research after he peed out the diaper for the fifth time, I discovered that hemp inserts were the answer to that problem. Here’s the idea – cotton goes on top for fast absorption but hemp goes under it to hold the bulk of the pee. Cotton absorbs fast but doesn’t hold as much as hemp, while help absorbs very slowly so it isn’t ideal by itself. So, I went onto the hemptraders website, bought some bulk misc. hemp pieces as a discount (about twenty bucks for a huge box in which most of the material could be used), cut them down to strips to fit under the cotton liner, and no more leaks until recently. Well, now he just pees like a gallon and a half, so we just keep adding in strips of hemp.

My only other gripe with the diaper is that the butt pouch doesn’t seem to be big enough to hold large poos. But, that could just be my kid who eats like the horde and poos sometimes only every other day. It tends to come out the thigh area almost every time no matter how we adjust the snaps. But, he’s got skinny thighs now that he’s just about walking.

Overall, I recommend these. But, they aren’t without their own issues.

Easy to use and clean. We just put them through our washer on the sanitize cycle and they come out spotless every time.

Leak Prevention
They work fine once you add in hemp inserts under the cotton insert.

Comfort
He knows when he is wet but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Absorbency
The original set SUCKS. See my comments for the hack.

There are better cloth diapers out there

I have been cloth diapering since my nearly 4 year old was only about a month old, and I have gone through many, many brands and types of cloth diapers.  I normally love the bumGenius brand, and the one-size pocket diapers and sized all-in-one diapers are great!  However, I have not been as happy with the organic one-size all-in-one diapers.  First off, these diapers are very expensive, however, the quality is somewhat lacking.  I have purchased 4 of these diapers, 3 with velcro and one with snaps, and all have had issues with developing holes on the inside and at the seams, they tend to hold on to stains more so than other diapers, and the velcro (aplix) is horrible (although this is an issue across the board with many of the bumgenius diapers), ours is to the point where it hardly sticks anymore.  The laundry tabs are pretty much useless.  Bumgenius used to send fix-it kits for free, however, recently they have begun charging for them, so I kind of feel like these issues need to be addressed instead of anticipating that the flaw to become problematic and then expecting the customer to not only pay for the repair, but also to do the work themselves.  Initially, when my daughter was younger, these diapers worked much better, however, they are sized MUCH smaller than the one-size pockets, and the rise is also much lower so my 23 month old does not fit in them as well as she used to.  Also, we have had a problem with these diapers wicking and becoming saturated and leaking as my daughter has gotten older, and I just do not think that these are as absorbent as they should be (a problem with ALL bumgenius all-in-ones!).  I do think that these diapers are very much overpriced for what you get, and I think that there are other bumgenius diapers (such as their one-size pockets), that are a much better value and a much better product.

Great Cloth Diaper

from Lubbock, TX

Comments about bumGenius Organic One-Size All-in-One Cloth Diapers:

We cloth-diapered my daughter from about 2 months old to around 20 months old. Bumgenius One-Size All-in-One diaper was one of my favorites. I loved all-in-ones because they were easier to use and there weren't a lot of extra pieces to hunt for after the laundry was finished. The one-size is nice because it grows with your baby. BumGenius also has a ton of cute colors and prints. The snap closures are very nice. We had a couple of this particular diaper and they worked great. My daughter was always a heavy wetter, so not all diapers could hold up to her bladder, but bumGenius could! I would say it is a good day-time diaper, but probably not for night-time use. I highly recommend this diaper to any cloth-diapering parents out there.

Leak Prevention
Worked great for our super-soaker baby!

Absorbency
They absorb a lot of fluid. You can also add extra inserts or doublers underneath the inserts that come with the diaper if you needed to.

easy to use

Comments about bumGenius Organic One-Size All-in-One Cloth Diapers:

bumgenius organic one size all in one cloth diapers are amazing. i wish i could afford to have more. they come in all kinds of cute colors. i also do g diapers and i would have to say i like bum genius one size all in one diapers better. they are so convient. you dont have to worry about covers, or inserts, or making sure snaps are shut before washing them. you just put them on your baby, take them off when they are dirty, and throw them in the wash. i think these diapers are great for people who are new to cloth diapering because theres not alot of fuss with these. the only thing that is negative is the cost. they are a little spendy, but if you think about how much money you will save by just buying a set of these babies, you end up winning in the end. they do end up adding a little bit more to the bum than regular disposable diapers. i love that these are one size also because you dont have to buy a set and then another when they grow into the next size. you just adjust the snaps to what fit your baby. they are fairly easy to clean. i just follow the instructions and do a cold rinse, then a hot wash with bum genius detergent, then two hot rinses. i havent really had much problems with leaking except maybe a few times in the morning when he has slept a little longer than normal. i really love these diapers!

Love the BumGenius Organic One-Size All-in-One Cloth Diapers

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about bumGenius Organic One-Size All-in-One Cloth Diapers:

I really like the BumGenius Organic One-Size All-in-One Cloth Diapers. I have the organic elemental ones in two different colors. I did notice that they changed the style of the snaps and the old style is more desirable. I am not sure what the deal with that is, but I have the old style and really do like them. The all-in-one nature of the diaper is nice so that you don't have to stuff pockets. The down side is that they do take longer to dry. It could take a good two or three hours to get halfway dry, so if these are all you have then plan on having a lot or not washing them all at once. A lot of moms like the organic nature, and I do too but never had a problem with the regular BumGenius diapers.

These are really easy to use! Probably the easiest of cloth diapers especially to send with daycare.

Leak Prevention
These work really well to prevent leaks.

Comfort
These seem very comfortable for my baby.

Absorbency
These work really well but at night a double stuffed pocket diaper is better.

Great Diaper

Comments about bumGenius Organic One-Size All-in-One Cloth Diapers:

When I decided to cloth diaper, I agonized over what to buy. I knew I wanted organic and I thought the all-in-one would be super easy to use. I would caution though on the number that you buy. I bought 12 thinking that we'd just wash them every day, but not only is that exhausting, but it does create a LOT of wear and tear on the diapers themselves. She is not 18 months and they are really ratty. Thankfully we are transitioning to potty training because they will not last much longer. But if you think that they got washed every day for almost a year and a half, that's pretty darn good.

I found them very easy to use and even my husband got the hang of it quickly. The all-in-ones are also more similar to disposable diapers, so handing them off to grandma or daycare is easy as well.

Leak Prevention
As long as the diaper is all tucked in, it holds leaks very well. After you put the diaper on, you have to check around the legs to make sure no "white" or diaper is sticking out. Just tuck it in, and you'll have no problems. I did have a few blow-outs when my daughter was really young, but the diaper was a bit loose on her at that point.

Comfort
Until they became really ratty, my daughter never seemed to complain about how they felt on her.

Absorbency
I feel like they absorbed pretty well. We used them as overnights until she was about 8 months old and she started really wetting at night. We had to switch after that because she was leaking through every night (they are not really night time diapers anyways).

Great diaper

from North Wales, PA

Comments about bumGenius Organic One-Size All-in-One Cloth Diapers:

I began cloth diapering my second child 8 months ago. In the beginning, I tried all the cheap brands and didn't have much success. I found one brand that I liked, but I didn't always get the best fit. Then I tried these about 2 months ago. Since then, I've converted my entire stash to the BG Elemental. There are some negatives--drying time and that there's no "stay dry" layer, but those can easily be remedied. I use a fleece liner to keep the moisture off baby and for drying, I actually use the dryer on the lowest setting. I like that these are cotton, made in USA/Egypt, are a higher quality diaper, and it has a great resale value. I've purchased both used and new. The diaper is soft and I would imagine comfortable on the bum. Plus, they're super cute to boot!

Absorbency
As long as they are fully prepped and washed correctly, there shouldn't be any absorbency problems.

• Absorbency:

Great! Need some hacking, but great!

Comments about bumGenius Organic One-Size All-in-One Cloth Diapers:

Overall, I recommend these. But, they aren’t without their own issues.

Leak Prevention
They work fine once you add in hemp inserts under the cotton insert.

Comfort
He knows when he is wet but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Absorbency
The original set SUCKS. See my comments for the hack.

• Absorbency:

Great daytime diaper! Trim and absorbant. Just a few drawbacks.

from North Bergen, NJ

Comments about bumGenius Organic One-Size All-in-One Cloth Diapers:

These diapers are very trim, comfortable for my baby/toddler, easy to put on, and all around pretty great. They do tend to stain a bit easier than other diapers, but that is largely true of the natural fibers from my experience. Their dryer time is also greater than other diapers. This is common of AIO diapers though and the ease of use balances it out in my opinion. They also tend to get small holes in the cotton from extended use regardless of washing routine. This does not impact the function, but paying this much for a diaper it would be nice not to see that. Other natural fiber diapers also have the same issue though. One benefit is that these diapers are daddy-proof. Easiest ones we have to adjust and put on. They are as trim as disposables and fit well under clothing. Elastic has lasted and poop stays in.

Very easy to adjust and fits well. Love that it is AIO. Makes things simple.

Leak Prevention
Great daytime diaper! Zero daytime leaks and zero poop blow-outs. It works for naps, but overnight I would use a different diaper like a organic Flip.

Comfort
My son is able to move around easily in these diapers and they are not at all bulky. They adjust trim and stay on well.

Absorbency
For how trim they are, they are very absorbant! We don't have leak issues with them. I have used them occasionally at nights and they get a bit too soaked so I do prefer daytime. No need to have such a trim diaper at night in my opinion.

• Absorbency:

Easy peasy on the go diaper

from Cliff Island, ME

Comments about bumGenius Organic One-Size All-in-One Cloth Diapers:

This diaper is daycare and daddy ready. Very easy to put on and change. It is very asorbant and contains leaks very well. however I rarely use it, except for on the go because it takes such along time to dry. Turning it insidemout does help. The grasshopper color is really cute!

Love our Bumgenius Elemental Diapers!

from Glen Carbon, IL

Comments about bumGenius Organic One-Size All-in-One Cloth Diapers:

LOVE our onesize Elemental Dipes. They work great for our little one. They are little tough to get stains out of but the sun helps a lot with that. Not sure they are going to fit him all the way till he potty trains but love them anyway!

Great Diaper

from Prairie Village, KS

Comments about bumGenius Organic One-Size All-in-One Cloth Diapers:

This is one of the many different cloth diaper brands I have tried. These are great for many stages but especially the toddlers who are going through a sstage of ripping off diapers. The snaps on these are super strong in fact Ive never know any diaper to have some as strong, some may think may be to hard to but them on and off, but my toddler could rip off anything and these worked. They do pretty well with leakage but they are not the best choice for overnight diaper. The only other complaint is that they take for ever to dry I usually try to air dry for this very reason. Another thing I like about this diaper the fact that is organic, they are a little pricey but they wear very well and absorb leakage pretty well.