Other Baby Wipes:

bumGenius Cotton Babies Flannel Wipes

Great for newborns

from Sycamore, IL

Comments about bumGenius Cotton Babies Flannel Wipes:

This is our third child and while we cloth diapered our previous two, this is the first time we cloth diapered a newborn.   Since newborn bottoms are so sensitive and tiny, my husband insisted that we buy some new wipes (we also have a stash of terry cloth wipes we used with our older children).  We bought two packages of these flannel wipes (so 24 in total) and I love them!  They are thin enough to get inside creases and not too stiff.  They do get all wrinkly in the dryer, but that is no big deal.  We just pile them in a shoebox and then squirt them as needed with a spray bottle filled with homemade solution (half a capful of tea tree oil, a squirt of liquid baby wash, a little olive oil, and the rest water).  We have been using them almost eight weeks and so far they have held up quite well. We are big fans of BumGenius (we have a tone of their one-size pocket diapers and a handful of their All-In-One diapers), and were not disappointed in their wipes.

We use these a lot

from Maricopa, AZ

Comments about bumGenius Cotton Babies Flannel Wipes:

We picked up a couple packs of these when Cotton Babies had them on sale, and they've seen countless uses and washes since then, with little visible wear.  These are just squares of natural colored cotton with bound edges, and they're great for wiping sticky hands, or cleaning up pee diapers.  They're also nice to use to dry a baby's bottom after a serious cleanup.  Ours haven't stained in any way, which surprises me, though leaving them to dry in the sun would probably take out any stains.  The wipes are fairly thin, so it's easy to stuff a bunch in your diaper bag.

Even at regular price, these are reasonably priced for how useful they are, and for remaining in good condition, and soft.  If you use cloth diapers, you'd wash the wipes with them, but they also clean up well when washed with normal laundry.  I'd recommend buying at least two packs, since these get used a lot, and can get stuck in other clothes, and temporarily lost, since they're quite small and neutral colored.

Durable Bum Genius Cloth wipes

from Greer, SC

Comments about bumGenius Cotton Babies Flannel Wipes:

I received a pack of twelve Bum Genius flannel wipes for free when I ordered a pack of Bum Genius 3.0 cloth diapers from Cotton Babies.  They were my first try at cloth wipes and I have been using them for nearly two years.  They are very thick and have maintained their stitching the entire time.  The set wasn't enough to keep up with, so I bought some organic egyptian cotton fabric and used them as a pattern to have more.  The Bum Genius wipes are thicker and I'm sure will out-last my homemade ones, but both work well. I don't use a wipes warmer as I read you "have to have" and mix up a soap, water, olive oil solution to use with them.  I have never had trouble with rashes from it on either of my children.  Using cloth diapers I'm able to wash the soiled wipes with the diapers, so it is little additional extra work and has saved a ton of money.  I expect these wipes to last for several more years (at least) and many more diaper changes.