Other Detergents:

Cons

A Real Necessity For Cloth Diapers

from Sonora, CA

Comments about bumGenius Cloth Diaper and Laundry Detergent:

bumGenius Cloth Diaper and Laundry Detergent is a great product. I've been cloth diapering for several years and can personally attest to the benefits of a cloth diapering-specific detergent. Typical detergents fail to remove the amonia smell that is often associated with cloth diapers, leaves a film on the diapers that reduces the diaper's absorbancy and irritates the baby's skin, causing rashes and they contain harsh chemicals that break down the fabric prematurely. Cloth diapers are an investment and should be cared for as such. Would you wash a Lamborghini with dish soap? No! bumGenius Cloth Diaper and Laundry Detergent leaves the diapers clean and scentless with no amonia buildup, no obnoxious film and helps preserve the life of the cloth diapers. Plus I love that it's affordable and I can find it at many major stores, which is extremely unusual for cloth diapering products. Love it.

A staple if you cloth diaper.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about bumGenius Cloth Diaper and Laundry Detergent:

I cloth diapered all of my children and had used a diaper service that would wash the diapers for me, but then we moved to an area that had no services for cloth diapering so I had to do it myself. A friend recommended that I bought this detergent and I have been very satisfied with it. When you do cloth diapering, you need to make sure that you wash the diapers out very well before you put them in the washing machine. Cloth diapers are very easy to get stained up and hold a lot of bad smells, so when washing them this detergent has been great at removing all of the stains and making sure that the diapers no longer have any bad smells and are very clean. I also love that this makes my washer smell really good too, I was really worried that my washer would end up smelling bad, but this detergent cleans everything very well. This works great on all baby clothes too, it gets rid of odors that are hard to get rid of and makes all of the stains disappearing without ruining any of the bright colors on the clothes.

Lots of Suds

Comments about bumGenius Cloth Diaper and Laundry Detergent:

I have received several samples from various online purchases and decided to give it a try. I have extremely hard water which causes all detergents to react differently. It did clean the diapers but I had to add another rinse cycle to remove the soap residue from the diapers.

Just okay.

Comments about bumGenius Cloth Diaper and Laundry Detergent:

I recieved a sample when I ordered from cottonbabies.com and was really excited to try it. I followed the instructions as posted on the package, which was similar to my routine already with Tide free & gentle, but it needed multiple rinses to get out of my inserts. Also I noticed a little fade in my Flip covers. Bummer, because I love bumgenius diapers.

Gentle laundry detergent for cloth diapers

Comments about bumGenius Cloth Diaper and Laundry Detergent:

I bought a bag of this to try when I ran out of my usual detergent. I liked it, but didn't like it as much as my usual Rockin' Green.

I felt as though it didn't clean as effectively as my preferred detergent. This detergent didn't cause rash, and didn't cause buildup. I was pleased with it, but didn't love it enough to switch.

No scent.