Other Allergy & Sinus Medicines:
Zyrtec
Zyrtec Allergy Tablets

Zyrtec Allergy Tablets

Zyrtec Keeps Me Going When Allergies Try To Knock Me Down

Allergies are nothing new to me. I've dealt with them for as long as I can remember. I was tested as a teen but my doctor didn't recommend allergy shots at that time and left me to try prescription after prescription to get results. I had pretty much given up on finding any medication either over the counter or prescription that would give me full relief by the time I was 30. I had been retested for allergies and found to be allergic to several things but the one thing that bothered me the most was environmental....cigarette smoke. Some brands set me off worse than others. I am not a smoker and neither is my husband. But, when you are in public you can't help but get a whiff of cigarette smoke in the air. Thank goodness our city passed the no smoking law in restaurants. My allergist prescribed Zyrtec to take care of the cigarette smoke which is a year round thing and also seasonal allergies.**Zyrtec**Zyrtec is available by prescription only. The scientific name for Zyrtec is cetirizine hydrochloride. It is available in a tablet form, chewable and also a liquid. The tablet form is prescribed in 5 and 10 mg. doses and is a small white coated tablet. The chewable comes in a small purple colored tablet that are grape flavored, also available in 5 and 10 mg. doses. The liquid formula is a light yellow color that contains both banana and grape flavor. The dose is 1 mg/mL for children. You should consult your private pediatrician before administering any over the counter drugs. **Inactive Ingredients (tablet form)**Lactose monohydrate; microcrystalline cellulose; colloidal silicon dioxide; croscarmellose sodium; magnesium stearate; titanium dioxide; hypromellose; and polyethylene glycol.**Zyrtec and Me!**As I said in my opening paragraph, I've tried many prescription drugs for allergies and over the counter medications. Zyrtec has been the one drug that takes care of my symptoms. It opens up my nasal passabes to where I can breath freely. It takes care of itching eyes and also gives relief when the ragweed blooms here. This is probably the time I'm most miserable with allergies. I get terrible headaches, stuffy nose, watery and itchy eyes. Zyrtec gives me more relief than anything else I've taken. I've also had episodes of allergic reactions that cause my eyelids and/or mouth to swell. Zyrtec has helped keep these symtoms under control and I have had very few episodes while taking Zyrtec. **My ViewPoint**Zyrtec has been a medication that I can count on to keep me free of allergies and the annoying symptoms caused by allergies. I like the fact that I can take one tablet a day and have relief for the whole day and night. It doesn't cause drowsiness like other allergy medicines can do either. I have been able to carry on regular functions during the day at work without feeling miserable when taking Zyrtec. The only drawback I have found is the cost. However, since it is so effective for me--it is totally worth it! I give Zyrtec 5 VP's

Works really, really well. Until it doesn't.

As a major year-round allergy sufferer for as long as I can remember, I've tried practically everything to stop the itchy watery eyes, the itchy nose, and the sneezing and sinus problems that sometimes plague me. I've also been on almost every OTC and prescription allergy med out there. Then about 4 years ago I was given a prescription for Zyrtec 10mg (prior to it going OTC), and at the time it was the answer to my prayers - I even nicknamed it the 'Little Miracle'.

Initially Zyrtec worked better than anything else I'd taken including Claritin, Flonase, Nasonex, Allegra, Benadryl, Sudafed, and even Nyquil (on a few desperate nights - it has a different anti-hystamine than the others), and at least one or two more I can't remember. I also tried some natural remedies, but Zyrtec was the only thing that completely took away the itchiness, redness, and almost all the stuffy-mucous-ness. It allowed me to breath, and it was a minor miracle.

The miracle of Zyrtec lasted for along time - almost 4 full years. I took it daily and I was happy. Then about a month ago it just kind of stopped working. Now maybe I developed a resistance to it? I'm not sure. What I do know is that even while taking it, the itchiness has recently come back and it seems to do nothing.

Now, don't let my most recent experience disuade you from trying it. I would still definitely recommend it to anyone who has full time or seasonal allergies. Unlike some of the meds from the list above, Zyrtec neither made me overly tired nor hyper, and like I said, it worked great. In fact I don't recall ever suffering from any of the side effects that it mentions were possible on the box.

Again, I highly recommend it. Take it, see if it works, and keep taking it....until it doesn't. I'll try again after I'm off of it for a while. Hopefully I'll be able to call it 'the miracle' once again, but hopefully it can be 'the miracle' for you.

Works really well but makes me drowsy...:(

from Los Angeles, CA

Pros

• Acts Quickly
  • Effective

Cons

• Causes Side Effects

Comments about Zyrtec Allergy Tablets:

Works really well but it makes me incredibly drowsy for a day.

great

from Lawrence, MA

About Me Have Medical Condition

Pros

• Clears Breathing
    • Easy To Administer
    • No Side Effects
    • Relieves Symptoms Fast

• Congestion
      • Everyday
      • Itchy Eyes

Comments about Zyrtec Allergy Tablets:

is a great product for most symptoms but does not help with the sneezing

Zyrtec is the best for allergies

Comments about Zyrtec Allergy Tablets:

My allergy symptoms continued to get worse and worse into adulthood for me. By the time I reached my mid-30s they were at their worst. Sneezing, runny eyes and nose was something I thought I would just have to live with pretty much all year long. That is until Zyrtec came along. Zyrtec has been a great reliever of these symptoms and I can take it every day during the worst allergy seasons. My doctor recommended that I take this product when I was having really bad allergy symptoms on a regular basis. It did not take long at all for Zyrtec to start to tackle my problems. I highly recommend this product!

Zyrtec is very effective at clearing up my watering eyes, sneezing and the general effects of season allergy symptoms.

The fact that you can take one pill a day as often as you need to is a huge plus for me. There are no side effects and Zyrtec works wonderfully! I keep it in stock all year long.

Daily allergy relief

Comments about Zyrtec Allergy Tablets:

I have been taking Zyrtec as my primary allergy medication since it required a perscription, and to be honest I take it in conjunction with another perscription allergy medication. It has done a great job of controlling many of my symptoms such as congestion, itchy eyes, headache and sore throat. The only thing it has not helped to relieve is my allergy related asthma (which is the primary reason I take two medications). I find that with Zyrtec I have to take the medication essentially everyday to maintain relief. If I stop taking it, it takes a few days to get relief after I resume. (My daughter however is able to get very quick relief from her hives in just one dose). I highly recommend taking this medication at night as it can make some people (such as myself) quite drowsy, although for my four year old it does have an empirical effect. (She gets wild). Overall I would recommend this to all allergy sufferers!

Great allergy relief.

Comments about Zyrtec Allergy Tablets:

Zyrtec is a great product that alleviates my allergy symptoms. I take it at night since it does cause some drowsiness, however not enough that I am groggy in the morning. I don't experience any bad side effects like dry mouth or dry nose while taking it. Without this medication I experience bad headaches, itchy and watery eyes and sneezing especially during the height of allergy season.

Disappointing

from Sandwich, IL

Comments about Zyrtec Allergy Tablets:

Very disappointed. The genetic brand works just as well or better for a HUGE difference in price! Not sure what else you can say when a product doesn't measure up to the hype. Pretty frustrating too! My eyes continued to itch, my nose remained stuffed up and I got a headache AFTER taking the Zyrtec!

• Immediacy:

Zyrtec works great but is expensive

from Port Lavaca, TX

Comments about Zyrtec Allergy Tablets:

I have terrible allergies and have tried Claritin but got no relief so moved on to Zyrtec and couldn't be happier with the results. The one problem I have is that it is so expensive. I would rather pay a lot then deal with my allergies though. Zyrtec takes care of my sneezing, itchy and watery eyes, sore scratchy throat, cough and constant phlegm that I normally have. I have even noticed less sinus infectious due to the decrease in mucus. Even though it is expensive, I suppose I get what I pay for. I also like that the pill is pretty small and easy to swallow

Zyrtec takes care of all my allergy symptons.

Zyrtec comes in a small and easy to swallow tablet. I usually have problems swallowing pills but have yet to have any issues with them. They don't start to dissolve quickly in my mouth either.

Immediacy
      When I take Zyrtec I start to notice relief about 45 minutes after I take it, with full results taking a couple of hours.

Great Option for Seasonal Allergies

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Zyrtec Allergy Tablets:

I have terrible seasonal allergies and need to take allergy medication all through the spring and into the summer so it's important to me to have on that is effective with the fewest side effects possible. Zyrtec Allergy Tablets are that for me.

I used Zyrtec for a while when it was still a prescription medicine and really liked it but it was so expensive that I eventually switched to another brand. When it became available as an over the counter medication I started buying it again.

I'm not sure if this is the same strength as it was when it was available as a prescription only, but it's very effective. I need to take only a single pill every day and I'm allergy free. The single dose is great compared to other brands that have you taking four or more per day. I've found that taking it at night with dinner lessens the sleepy feeling and by the time I've gotten up I'm refreshed and not at all groggy feeling.

This works very well for itchy eyes and scratchy throats. It's one of my favorite brands and I definitely recommend it for seasonal allergy sufferers.

Zyrtec gets my vote

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Zyrtec Allergy Tablets:

Great product that lets me enjoy being outside again, It hasn't helped my swing or golf score yet but at least I can be on the greens without sneezing and my eyes feeling like they are swelling closed.

Allergies and all that goes along with them are now controlled thanks to this product. What I really appreciate is no side effects like some of the other medications that I had taken.

Zyrtec is effective, easy to swallow and the end result -is no more red swollen eyes or sinus headaches. Now, I don't find myself hiding inside when things begin to bloom.

Immediacy
      Preventative works much better for me, I take Zyrtec each morning during the spring and fall, Since I have been doing that I actually enjoy working in the yard. . Unlike other allergy medication that I have taken there is no side effects. I would certainly recommend giving Zyrtec a try if seasonal allergies are keeping you from enjoying and doing the things that you enjoy. No one wants to miss out on their kids ball games but I can tell you from experience when allergies strike, it's hard to enjoy life.

• Immediacy:

Ahhh, finally no more itchy ears!

Comments about Zyrtec Allergy Tablets:

We moved to Florida about a year and a half ago. Before the move, I never had issues but here my allergies had a field day! I was in the urgent care about twice a year and it was getting worse. A nurse suggested Zyrtec to me. I purchased a small package the first go around as I have had drug allergies to some over the counter medications.
      I found out not only did Zyrtec help me with my allergies but I had no side effects from the medication.

I was breathing better, no itchy ears or eyes, relief, finally. The medication did not make me sleepy as many other allergy medications do. The one thing I would change, if I could, would be the packaging of the smaller quantities. Those blister packs are horrible when you try to get the pill out, even with a pair of scissors. For this reason we purchase the large qualities in the bottle. However, when you travel, in the airports I have found the smaller blister packs are the only thing available.

Works great in about 45 minutes.

Immediacy
      This medication is effective within about 45 minutes to 1 hour.