3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

I've found many unique clothes for my kids here.

I had been seeing advertisements for Zulily on a couple different places. I thought it would be all boutique-type places with a price tag to match. I hate spending a lot on clothes that my kids will outgrow quickly, but I when I saw it was up to 70% off, I decided to check it out. Each day there will be several new offers from different retailers on the site for discounted items. Mostly it's infant, toddler, child or women's clothing. Though there are also shoes, gifts, books, decor, and other miscellaneous items. Some retailers have only a few items up - maybe a half-dozen, while others will have quite a few.

Zulily offers the convenience of being able to order from several different places with one check-out. I have picked up a few nice items that I would never have paid the full price for on Zulily. I've also found a bunch of unique and unusual items here that I would have never seen otherwise.

While overall I like Zulily, there are a couple of cons to the site. First, the quantities are limited, so you can't delay if you see something you really like since it could sell out quickly. The shipping is also very slow. It's takes over a week for me to even get a shipping confirmation. Most places I've shopped online the order is shipped within 48 hours. Most items I've seen cannot be returned, either, so you have to make sure to double-check the size charts before ordering.

great deals but expensive shipping

A friend on Facebook introduced me to Zulily, and I thought that it looked great at first. I get their daily emails, which contain deals on generally high quality, desirable baby and kid items. For example, they had Halo Sleep sacks for 70% off retail price, and they often have brands like Kushies and other clothiers at deep discounts too. However, the shipping charges are outrageous compared to a lot of other shopping sites, and they make the deals less of a steal. I don't know how many times I've gone into the site, filled my shopping cart with a few things, only to abandon the whole thing once I've seen how much it's going to cost to actually ship the stuff. Many times, if you're only buying one item, especially kids clothes which tend to be really cheap anyway, the shipping can be significantly more expensive than the actual item. I think Zulily would do really well to lower their shipping charges, and they would probably attract a lot more business.

Shop Carefully, don't Turn to for Good Deals

from Boston, MA

Comments about Zulily | Zulily.com:

Here's the thing with Zulily - shop it as an opportunity to find brands and styles you might not otherwise be able to find at your local mall for your kiddos, but don't think you're getting some fabulous deal. The "retail prices" they use are really rather exaggerated, so you'll think you're getting 50% off, but it's maybe 5% off, and then you're paying shipping. But, they do have really cute things you can't always find elsewhere. Oh, AND, the Toms sale is awesome. Lastly, this site takes forever to ship. I've ordered things early November that didn't make it by Christmas. It's an odd site - you have to shop it right.

Zulily has the ugliest merchandise & repetitive commercials

from Earth

Comments about Zulily | Zulily.com:

i have no affiliation with this company but i keep getting bombarded with the same ugly dress with really ugly crazy patterned and ugly color scheme dress over and over and over ...i keep reporting it and they keep sending the same ugly dress over and over & i have reported it and changed my settings & have asked to not show the same commerical and they keep bombarding me with things i have no interest in and would never buy & i don't want to keep seeing the same trash over and over ..make our clothing in america..i am sick of you sending our work everywhere else, and you don't even pay the hard working factory workers from other countries even minimum wage for all their efforts in substandard working conditions while you keep getting richer ..spare me your endless greed & gluttony & lack of concern for anyone but yourselves

Really like shopping here

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Zulily | Zulily.com:

I really like the range of womens' clothes offered; able to find all types any time, including selected items from some brands with a page outside of their "sale events". Prices vary, it's a mix, depends on brands and features. They started out more focused on moms and kids and have expanded for everyone, though not with as many products. Specific sales for maternity, nursing, plus, junior sizing, mommy-and-me.

Also find "stuff" for use around the house - decor, kitchen anything, furniture, bedding, linens, storage, plants/gardens. All kinds of things. And lots of things for babies and children. Gifts, books, sport/exercise equipment, crafting materials, camping. Licensed clothes and things, have seen: Avengers, Despicable Me, Star Wars, Disney Princesses, Grumpy Cat

Customer service? I emailed when I had clothes with defects or that didn't fit even though I'd followed the sizing chart. They refunded the items (credits for use on Zulily) and told me to keep or donate the items. Could give away to someone who sews...

Only real downside is shipping, it seems pricier than some other sites, but it might have to do with how things ship. A single order can have products sent from multiple locations - I think some come from Zulily while others come from source/distributor, so the order may have multiple shipping costs to be sent. Tends to be around $7-something. Large objects have additional fees - like furniture, vacuum cleaners.

I don't get the hype

from Eustis, FL

Comments about Zulily | Zulily.com:

I was introduced to Zulily through hearing a few mommy channels on youtube talk about them and I definitely do not understand the hype. While I have never actually shopped on zulily I have browsed the site more than a couple of times to see if I could find anything decent that I liked. I was thoroughly unimpressed. Yes, they do have very cute clothing but they are more than a little bit overpriced even with some of the "sales" they have, if you could even call them that. On more than one occasion I've seen items on there that I have seen elsewhere for much cheaper which stopped me in my tracks from buying on there because I felt like I was about to spend more than I needed to for no reason. I will say I do like the fact that they always have some cute little knick knacks such as toys and decorations that are vintage looking and reminds me of my childhood. The site almost gives me a 60s or 70s feel with some of the things they post. But again, even with the toys and stuff, they are too pricey for no apparent reason at all.

Can score some amazing savings if you put in research!

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Zulily | Zulily.com:

This is a great website if you are looking to save money on gifts for others or even if you are looking for that hard to find item. They call it like a "treasure chest", where you never know what you'll find.

They change what they sell daily and call their discounts "events", as they only are sold at that price for a certain amount of time. You can get some great deals on great brand names, for example Rachel Ray cookware was up to 65% off, but only for a certain amount of time.

You can search by category, by size (on what they have available), by trending items, or by last day items. I find it a bit overwhelming, so if I'm in a rush, I don't spend a lot of time on the website. But if I have time, I can find some great deals.

They have a great email subscription you can get apart of, so you can keep updated on what events they have. Although I found most of the daily emails I got not really helpful, so I had to change my subscription. Also they have a great referral plan, where once you friend's items are shipped you will get a $20 credit towards Zulily.

Unwearable and unreturnable

Comments about Zulily | Zulily.com:

Don't try to save money with Zulily. They don't do returns, and if the product is unwearable, you can't return it. I have a top and dress waiting to be sent to Goodwill.

Product Selection
The cute thing used as a lure does will be buried in tons of ugly stuff.

Product Pricing
They do not stand behind products. If the item is unwearable, then all the money is gone. Plus shipping.

Customer Service
They do not stand behind products

Shipping and Returns
Takes forever for items to arrive, and they do not do returns.

• Shipping and Returns:

Quality selections at excellent value pricing.

Comments about Zulily | Zulily.com:

Zulily presents collections that are varied and does a lot of the primary shopping for you. They present categories for you to search through.

Piece of cake to order.

Shipping and Returns
Although it states in the order process items that may not be returnable the process is a little complicated.

Cute Kids Clothes

Comments about Zulily | Zulily.com:

I originally signed up for Zulily after seeing many internet advertisements for cute kids clothes at huge discount prices. I thought I would be able to find those exact clothes on the advertisements on the website but have since learned that is not the case. There are many different shops with a few style choices and sizes and once they are gone they are out. The shops will only be open a few days so if you see something you want you have to grab it fast since there is no guarantee it will be there later. Zulily mostly contains children's clothing but they will also occasionally sell baby products and some maternity clothes. The prices are okay if you are looking for something specific but I find them to be a bit much for unique clothing items that you could find elsewhere for cheaper. One other aspect about this site is that if you sign up you will receive emails daily which can clutter your inbox. Since the deals will open at a specific time every day the daily emails are required to keep you in the know of what the shops have.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is slow with the confirmation order not usually coming until a week after you have ordered. This is not a site I would order from if you need an item fast.

• Shipping and Returns:

I would not recommend shopping this site

Comments about Zulily | Zulily.com:

Overall, I find this site completely overwhelming. There are too many categories of items to choose from. When you do find something you like it is made in such a low quantity you miss out. I do not like receiving an email with specials. Why not just allow the user to go and have specials across the board.

Overwhelming to say the least. I get a headache trying to search for items.

Product Selection
It seems that anything I try to buy never has any sizes available or the quantity is limited an I do not make it to purchase in time. It becomes frustrating when you receive an email and hop on the site to purchase something you like and it is gone.

Product Pricing
The pricing is ok. It is comparable to other places. Its difficult to purchase items for low prices when they only have some many deals per item.

Customer Service
I have never used the customer service feature so I am not sure how to rate this,

Shipping and Returns
I have never purchased anything from the website so I am not familiar with the shipping and returning.

• Shipping and Returns:

Cute products, but not my favorite site.

from TN

Comments about Zulily | Zulily.com:

I like a lot of the products offered on zulily.com but I am very rarely able to order from them. I do not have the funds to just order things anytime I want to so I miss out on some of the deals. I do not like that the products for sale are only on there for a few days. I think it makes it harder to shop because the products are constantly changing. I guess that is a good thing for people who like to see a lot of different products. Also a lot of the toddler clothing items I see on there are way over priced. I have been able to buy things advertised on zulily on a different website for a significantly lower price.

The website is pretty easy to use, I just wish it were set up a little differently.

Product Selection
The wesite definitely has a huge variety to choose from because products are constantly being taken down and replaced by new things.

Product Pricing
Some things on the website are very reasonable but some others are very overpriced.