Other Misc. Vitamins:
Zone Perfect: Chocolate Caramel Cluster

Zone Perfect: Chocolate Caramel Cluster

Great Taste but has too much sugar

Comments about Zone Perfect: Chocolate Caramel Cluster:

I love zone perfect nutrition bars. They make several different flavors. I think that I have tried them all. In my opinion, the chocolate caramel cluster bars actually taste the best. So if taste is an important factor to you in a nutrition bar, this flavor may be the one for you. But it is not my favorite. I will tell you why. It has too much sugar and tastes too good. It tastes more like candy or a dessert to me than a nutrition bar. While the other zone perfect nutrition bars contain between 12g and 14g of sugar, this flavor contains a whopping 18g of sugar. I think the biggest drawback to the other flavors, is that they have too much sugar. But this flavor has way too much sugar and more than I can tolerate in a nutrition bar. On the positive side this flavor (like the other zone perfect bars) contains 19 essential vitamins and minerals. This flavor also has 14g of protein and 3g of fiber. You really can't go wrong with any of the zone perfect nutrition bars, they all taste great and they all contain lots of good nutrition. I would just suggest you pick one of the other flavors and pass up the high sugar content of the chocolate caramel cluster bars.

Zone Perfect Chocolate Caramel Cluster: The Craving Killer

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Zone Perfect: Chocolate Caramel Cluster:

There are some amazing flavor combinations in the Zone Perfect series of nutrition bars and the Chocolate Caramel Cluster is a tasty treat but it's not always easy to find in stores. I asked at a couple of stores and was given different stories; one said that it wasn't a popular flavor and another said that it was something that was cleared off the shelf the same day it gets stocked. When I see it in a store I always grab five or six of them because they are a little sweeter than some of the other bars.

This is one of the regular bars so it's 1.76 ounces and one bar is considered one serving but this is sweet enough that most of the time I can have half and be satisfied. Each bar contains 210 calories, 6 grams of fat, 25 grams of carbohydrates and 14 grams of protein.

Like the other bars this has a chocolate coating to it but the inside of it is a little smoother and instead of soy nuggets being the first thing listed in the ingredients, its caramel. There are still soy nuggets in it but this doesn't have the same mouthfeel as most of the other bars. This is something that's nice when you are having a craving for something sweet but want something with a little less chocolate. It's comparable to eating a piece of chocolate and a caramel square.

Oddly enough, this is the least requested flavor in the house. I think the boys like the combo flavors that stack chocolate with something else like peanut butter or almonds rather than something that's more on the plain side. As mentioned, this is sweet enough that I can usual eat half a bar and save the rest for later because of the creamy sweet taste that it ihas.