4.9

Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy NS-ZCC18 10-Cup Rice Cooker

4.9

Pros

Cons

Makes the best rice ever!!!!

I grew up eating rice that was made from the Zojirushi brand! But during college and grad school when I was on a tight budget, I was stuck with a cheap, low quality rice cooker. Let me tell you that you can definitely tell the difference between rice made in a Zojirushi cooker and rice made in a low-quality rice cooker! Rice is cooked so magically perfect! The rice cooker also provides automatic keep-warm and extended keep-warm cycles that maintain an ideal serving temperature, and its reheat cycle allows cooked rice to be reheated without overcooking. (No more dried, crusty bottoms on rice!) One of the best things is that there are numerous menu selection buttons on the machine. You can cook many different types of rice including white, sushi, mixed, porridge, sweet, semi-brown, brown, rinse-free, and quick cooking! Also, there's a timer, clock, and it plays a little song each time you press the "Start" button or when the rice is done cooking (Of course you can change it and make it beep instead) There's a removable washable lid, a retractable power cord to keep countertops looking tidy, and a contemporary white exterior, which makes for an attractive addition to any kitchen countertop. Accessories include two measuring cups (one for regular rice and one for rinse-free rice), a nonstick rice spoon/scooper, a rice spoon holder that attaches to the side of the machine, and easy-to-follow recipes for getting started. The rice cooker measures approximately 14 by 8 by 9 inches and carries a one-year limited warranty! Yes, it may be a bit pricey but trust me it is well worth it. Rice is a staple in my diet, and I am so thankful that I am able to eat the best quality rice out there because of my beautiful machine!

Good for rice! But not congee?

After my 20 year-old rice cooker finally died, I decided to splurge on a Zojirushi rice cooker. This product is a little spendy, but the quality of the rice it makes is excellent. It is perfectly cooked each time and each piece of rice is cooked tender.

However, it has an option for congee but after trying multiple times, it has been a disappointment in this area. For some reason, the cooker registers that its too hot and ends up turning off after 20 minutes of it cooking. Each time, I followed the instructions carefully but still end up with the same results. I'm not exactly sure why it keeps doing it, especially since they have the option for the machine to make the congee.

Overall, I would still recommend the product but deducted the extra stars for malfunctioning.

Perfect rice every time I use it.

Comments about Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy NS-ZCC18 10-Cup Rice Cooker:

I find brown rice difficult to steam; it either comes out too sticky, or it comes out to dry with traditional crock pots. Since I don't make white rice, I was looking for a cooker/ rice steamer that would make brown rice as fluffy and tasty as white rice. I found this machine, and although it was extremely pricey, it works wonders, and it makes my rice perfect each time I use it.

You simply press a button, and you set the type of cook you want. You can also preset the rice steamer by selecting the desired amount of time to steam the rice. I usually set it for 8 to 10 minutes at a time when steaming rice.

Although I own a couple of crock pots, none of them steam brown rice the way I like it cooked. This device perfectly steams brown rice, it doesn't come out sticky, and the rice can still be eaten a few days after it is initially made.

If you want an all in one cooker and steamer, this is the ideal choice. You will pay more for it, but it should last several years, and it has yet to give me any problems.

Great for Any Rice Lover!

Comments about Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy NS-ZCC18 10-Cup Rice Cooker:

This rice cooker is very easy to use and with perfectly cooked rice! I recently returned two other rice cookers because they didn't have as many options in terms of cooking the rice. I eat brown rice, basmati rice, and regular long-grain rice often and there weren't any different buttons to cook the rice.

That's why I found this rice cooker great for an avid rice maker today! It's definitely easy to use- my teenage daughter has used it on multiple location and was still able to use it perfectly. In addition, it's held up way better than the other ones that I've used in the past.

I've used this product at least once daily for the last year and a half and it's still working like it's brand new. The outer construction of the rice cooker is very sturdy and holds up, but it's gotten quite scratched which is a negative because it doesn't look as good anymore.

The cooker is otherwise very large in capacity and easily feeds my family of 6 for more than one meal! It's great for any household that consumes rice and I highly recommend for college students, families, and businesses! Definitely better than some of the other rice cookers out there.

Expensive, but it makes the best rice!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy NS-ZCC18 10-Cup Rice Cooker:

I purchased this rice cooker last year on an Asian food grocery website. I chose this one because it is authentic and made in Japan. I love how it can make ten cups of rice at once. It's perfect for large families.

This machine cooks the perfect rice every single time. I love the different settings; especially the "keep warm" one. It keeps the rice warm for hours and hours.

Very easy to clean. You just need to hand-wash the pot with warm water and a soapy sponge.

This rice cooker is really easy to use. There are several different options and modes which makes it easy to make the rice exactly how you want it. The quick cooking option is especially nice for when you're in a rush.

I have used this machine multiple times per week for over a year now. I have had no problems with it at all, and I expect this rice cooker to last a very long time.

The design of this rice cooker is so retro. I love it.

Worth every penny that I paid for this rice cooker

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy NS-ZCC18 10-Cup Rice Cooker:

I bought this rice cooker because I was looking for something that would make enough rice in one setting for my whole family. This rice cooker makes ten cups of rice at a time, which was a huge selling point for me.
I went back and forth about buying it because of the price, but I am so glad that I did. I use this cooker at least three times a week and it always makes the perfect rice. It is always fluffy and never soggy.
I like the modern look and the size is perfect to store in the cabinet or even leave on the counter. The controls are very easy to use and very user friendly.
This is one of my favorite items to use when cooking, and I would highly recommend this product if you are looking for the perfect rice cooker.

This cooker is very easy to clean, and rice never sticks to the inside at all.

I have owned this cooker for over a year now and have never had any problems with it.

I love the modern look of the machine, and it isn't too big or bulky.

Very Easy to Operate

Comments about Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy NS-ZCC18 10-Cup Rice Cooker:

I am a Chinese person and I eat rice almost every single day. After I came across this rice cooker and about the good reviews that people have been giving it, I went out and bought the rice cooker. I did not know how to operate it at first but I got to familiarize it after a few days. I have been using the rice cooker for almost about 3 years and it has it broke down on me. I mainly use the rice cooker to cook porridge and white rice and I got to admit that it cooks rice relatively fast. It takes about an hour for it to finish. Some of the cool features about this rice cooker is the little song that it plays when you start cooking the rice and when it is done cooking. Another cool feature that I like is the little holder where you put the spoon. Now, I do not need to scavenge around the drawer just to try to find the spoon. Overall, I find that the Zojirushi Rice cooker is a good price to pay for whenyou get all of these cool features and many settings to cook your rice at.

Perfect rice every time

from New York, NY

Comments about Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy NS-ZCC18 10-Cup Rice Cooker:

My family and I eat a lot of rice and so this rice cooker is worth its weight in gold to me. It is extremely easy to use, add rice, water, set it and let it cook. This device saves me a ton of time and effort and makes perfect restaurant quality rice every time. The 10 cup size was a big selling point to me. This is perfect for my family as we will usually eat this over the course of a few days.

This rice cooker is very versatile in the variety of rice that can be made. Though I typically use it for sushi, it also makes perfect long grain rice, brown rice and basmati rice.

The look and design is very attractive. It is modern and futuristic. I have received a number of compliments on its design by guests. The timer is very convenient and it does a great job of keeping the rice warm and fluffy. It is very easy to clean and due to its size it can either be stored away in a cupboard or left out on the counter.

Yes, it is more expensive than most other rice cookers, it is extremely good value for money. It blows away other rice cookers I have used in the past and feel that it is absolutely worth the extra money. I would highly recommend the Zojirushi Nero Fuzzy NS-ZCC18 rice cooker.

After more than a year of heavy use, this rice cooker is still making perfect rice every time.

Makes All Rice Delicious

Comments about Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy NS-ZCC18 10-Cup Rice Cooker:

This rice cooker may seem like a fairly complex machine, but it is very easy and convenient to use once you get used to it. There are many settings for any type of rice you want, and the pot is very easy to clean as the inner lid snaps off for no-hassle washing.

The only problem I found is with the confusing cup sizes. The appliance is labelled as a 5 cup rice cooker, but this is not in standard U.S. size proportions. As Asia uses the metric system, their idea of a cup is much smaller than American cups. So this rice cooker can handle approximately 4 American sized cups, not 5. This machine should be used exclusively with the measuring cups that come with it. Most people probably eat about 3/4 of a cup, so one use of this machine should be able to provide enough for 5 people. If more rice is needed, I would consider the NS-ZAC18 10 cup (8 cup) model.

Overall, this is a great rice cooker for any type of rice.

Best digital cooker out there.

Comments about Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy NS-ZCC18 10-Cup Rice Cooker:

If you're looking into buying a rice cooker that has many options this is the cooker for you. This Neuro Fuzzy model allows you to pick many different ways to make the rice. If you like your rice harder, great! There's an option for that. Not into hard rice? Fine, there's a option for soft rice! This rice cooker is so versatile. You can make porridge in it, and you can even bake a cake and make chicken wings in it. This rice cooker cooks a lot of rice and it is very easy to clean. You only clean the removable rice container and the rice kind of dries up, so there's no scrubbing needed. Rice never sticks to the pot, so don't worry about that. I bought this rice cooker after getting rid of my simple cooker, which only has one switch to cook. I'm glad that this rice cooker is here because I don't know how I would cook rice without it! Even though the price is a tad steep, the quality of rice it produces certainly makes up for it!

An excellent "Made in Japan" rice cooker!

Comments about Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy NS-ZCC18 10-Cup Rice Cooker:

This excellent "Made in Japan" rice cooker by Zojirushi is well-built, reliable and cooks rice perfectly every time.

I like the variety of cooking modes and features of this rice cooker. The keep warm mode works very well, without any noticeable discoloration or flavor change of the rice after 24 hours of use.

This is quite easy to clean. All you need to do is wash the pot, and occasionally the metal part below the lid. Be sure to not use a sponge that is too abrasive on the pot.

The variety of modes make this easy to use, and the quick cooking mode is good when you are in a hurry. The key factor (for this and any rice cooker) is getting the right balance of rice and water to suit your taste.

I have used this unit several times a week for over a year with no problems. I expect it to last for many more years to come.

I like the design of buttons on the front and the retracting cord. The neutral color of this rice cooker should match well with almost any kitchen.

Great for everyday use.

Comments about Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy NS-ZCC18 10-Cup Rice Cooker:

As a part of an Asian family, I eat rice every single day without fail. A good rice cooker is essential in my house hold. This Zojirushi rice cooker has been extremely dependable, as with all other Zojirushi appliances. I've had this rice cooker for a long time and it still work exactly like new, making great rice every time. The rice cooker is simple and straightforward enough for my elderly grandmother and my youngest brother to use. The rice cooker has different options for rice. You are able to make rice softer or harder depending on your own taste, and you can also make porridge in this rice cooker. Although it does take longer than the old rice cookers that cook with the flip of one switch, the rice that comes out of the rice cooker is far superior. The price may seem a little steep for a mere rice cooker, but to a family that eats rice everyday a Zojirushi rice cooker is a must have.