View more bread machines

Zojirushi Home Bakery Supreme Bread Maker

Pros

Cons

• Stability While in Use:

Great Bread Machine!! The Best There Is!!!

WHAT'S THE 411 ON THIS PRODUCT?

WHAT'S THE 411 ON THIS PRODUCT?

I've heard a lot of good things about Zojiroushi. So it's no wonder that I decided to try the Zojiroushi BBCC-X20 Home Bakery Supreme Bread Machine! This unit, in my opinion, is the best bread machine out there!!

It's very phenomenal and can handle a wide variety of baking  and cooking tasks. It can make bread, bake the bread after a series of kneadings and risings, bake meat loaf and make jam, as well as make & bake box cake mixes!!

This amazing machine has everything there is to offer! It's digitall computerized settings help take all the guestwork out of making bread! Put simply, you can pretty much set it and forget it. Then come back to a hot freshly baked loaf of your favorite bread!

WHAT ELSE?

You can also program three of your favorite bread recipes into the machine's memory so that it will adapt itself to them and you just set the unit to one of the recipes! Quick guide recipes for white and whole wheat breads posted on the side of the machine.

If disired, you can program the machine to just make and knead the dough, giving you the option to make things like a pizza crust, dinner rolls, bread sticks, etc.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

To see this unit in action is just amazing! After putting the two short kneading arms in the bottom of the pan and adding the ingredients are added to the removable loaf pan, the pan is put back into the oven cavity and locked in place. The controls are set and the machine waits for about 18 minutes. It then starts to stir the flour / yeast mixer.

Then the powerful 100-watt motor kicks into high gear - furiously beating and manipulating the dough for about 20 minutes. It stops and then revereses direction several times. Then the dough rises, is stirred down, is allowed to rise again, and then the heating element turs on to bake the bread. The whole process takes about 3 hours from staert to finish!

Comes with double-end measuring spoon and measuring cup.

No more of the back-breaking drudgery or the annoying mess involved with making bread! No bowls, no spoons, no need to flour a surface for kneading and no more taking eight hours or more just to get a loaf of bread made!! No use of your stove's oven which would otherwise heat up the kitchen in the summer! Unless you want to finish the dough manually.

There's even a see-through window which allows you to view the action in progress. Loaf pan has two kneading arms, has non-stick interior and makes one good-size loaf of bread!

But I must warn you that the pan can't be allowed to get wet on the outside. The mechanism under the bottom will be ruined from the water!

IN SHORT:

This is a great machine and it does away with just about all of the usual drudgery involved with making bread!!

~Daquan13.

The Zojirushi....It's not all it's cracked up to be.....

After lots of research I thought the Zojirushi BBCC-X20 was going to be great.....  Well... it is and it isn't!   The horizontal loaf is a nice change from my old Hitachi's vertical one, but the BAKING SUCKS!   Every loaf so far (even those from the Zo cookbook) has been over-baked on the bottom and sides and way underdone on top.   Apparently there's no convection feature or air movement in this machine, so the bread closest to the heat coils gets way too much heat and the rest doesn't get enough.

Even more frustrating was the response I got when I called customer service.   I got repeated suggestions that I'd done something wrong-- "did you spoon the flour?"  "did you measure carefully?" etc.   but no real help or offer for assistance.   They sent a picture of their breads with nice golden crusts and continued to insist that I'm doing something wrong.

This machine is a disappointment and is going back to the store and I'm getting my old machine back out.

Is it possible to fall in love with a bread machine?

Comments about Zojirushi Home Bakery Supreme Bread Maker:

I seriously love this thing. I have been using it for the past 3 + months to make all of my family's bread. ALL of it, averaging a loaf a day. I debated long & hard about which bread maker to purchase and I am so glad I went with the Zojirushi. It has not disappointed! My kids & hubby have even given it a name - Bread2D2. This thing is so reliable. I love that I can put in the ingredients, turn it on, and have fresh bread less than 4 hrs later. I love that it has regular shaped loaves instead of those funny upright loaves like some bread makers make. I love that it is easy to use and easy to clean. I have mostly used it for basic wheat sandwich loaves, but have done a few fancy breads like jalapeno cheddar. It's also great for making things like buns, biscuits, or rolls. I let Bread2D2 do the dirty work and then take the dough out, shape it, and stick it in the oven. I also love the timer feature. It's so nice to be able to start it before bed and wake up to the smell of freshly baked bread in the morning! When I was first starting, I did go through several bread recipes before finding one that is perfect. I use this one: http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/100-whole-wheat-bread-for-the-bread-machine-recipe with Great River Organic Whole Wheat Bread Flour. Yum!

Stability While in Use
It is built solidly, doesn't scootch around on the counter the way I imagine some bread machines would do.

Always perfect, never a problem. In the past 3+ months, I have probably made 90 loaves of bread. If any of them have ever come out not just right, I know it is my fault and not Bread2D2's.

So far, so good!

• Stability While in Use:

Bread doesn't turn out that well.

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Zojirushi Home Bakery Supreme Bread Maker:

This bread maker is supposed to be good, but maybe I'm just using it wrong, or making the bread wrong - which in that case makes it not so easy to use. The bread comes out hard as a rock and there are holes on the bottom of the bread where the mixer on the machine is. I was hoping to have freshly made bread easily made at home, but sadly I don't use it so often.

• Stability While in Use:

Bread machine does all the work for you

from Bridgewater, NJ

Comments about Zojirushi Home Bakery Supreme Bread Maker:

I needed a new bread machine to replace my old one that got caught in a flood. My sister in law had this and the bread she brings is awesome. This machine does all the work for you, it even has a preheat setting so you don't need to let the ingredients come to room temperature. The dough setting works great, I make my own bread sticks and rolls. It was a little more expensive than most but it is definitely worth the price. You will not be disappointed. The only thing I don't like is that it takes up a lot of room on the counter.

Stability While in Use
Does not rock when in use.

consistent loaves of bread

Just throw in all the ingredients, it even has a preheat and a quick dough setting

Sturdy and good quality

• Stability While in Use:

This bread machine is great!

from Ogden, UT

Comments about Zojirushi Home Bakery Supreme Bread Maker:

I had another brand of bread machine for years and liked it but it created the loaf sidewards and I didn't like that.  I wanted a machine that would make a bread that actually looked like a loaf of bread.  When I began researching bread machines I was a little turned off by the price of this one.  It's expensive compared to many that are on the market, especially since this brand rarely (that I have seen) goes on sale.

After researching a lot and reading many reviews, I decided to take the plunge and give this machine a try.  It was very easy to use and so far I haven't gotten a bad loaf of bread from it.  I love using it.  I really like the crust this produces, many are almost crunchy in texture but this produces a nice firm but not hard crust.  On my first use, however, the mixer blade came out inside the bread and I didn't notice it at first so as I was cutting the bread I sliced into it. No harm done since it's made with a heavy duty metal but that's definitely something to watch for.

a fine bread machine

from Wooster, OH

Comments about Zojirushi Home Bakery Supreme Bread Maker:

I purchased this bread machine approximately one year ago, and I have been quite pleased with my purchase thus far. The reason as to why I bought this particular bread machine was because of the 12 hour delay timer and the programmable settings. I have only baked a loaf to completion one or two times. What I use the machine mostly for is preparing my whole grain doughs to then shape into cinnamon rolls or to then shape into my own loaf pans and bake in my oven. There is nothing wrong with baking the loaf in the machine, just that with kitchen temperature variances, etc the loaf height can be a little unpredictable. My only problem that I have experienced is that programming the machine can be a little tricky, but the dvd instructional that comes with the product is helpful.The big advantage is that the Zojurushi Bread Machie offers convenience and allows you to put the dough in, and in a few hours allows you to pull out a fragrant warm loaf of bread. For this purpose, the product does a decent job.

Zojirushi Bread Machine Home Bakery Supreme - Model: BBCC-X20

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about Zojirushi Home Bakery Supreme Bread Maker:

I asked for a bread machine for Christmas and my husband really out did himself. He researched, asked family for their input and finally settled on the **Zojirushi. ** What a great choice!! I absolutely love it! This machine is so easy to use. The instruction booklet is very informative...step by step instructions with diagrams so that you know what they are talking about. It came with a 1 cup measuring cup and a measuring spoon with tablespoon on one end and teaspoon on the other.

There are a lot of settings on this machine...Basic, Basic Wheat, Basic Dough, Quick, Quick Wheat, Quick Dough, Jam, Cake, Sour Dough Starter and Home Made. I have used all but the Jam, Sour Dough and Home Made settings. It also has a programmable timer and a crust control function that lets you choose light, medium or dark. It comes with several recipes...even one for meatloaf!

I have had this machine for 2 years now and never had a problem with it! It gets used at least once a week...usually every couple of days. You can't go wrong with the **Zojirushi - Home Bakery Supreme!**

Best Bread

from Geneva, NY

Comments about Zojirushi Home Bakery Supreme Bread Maker:

I am reviewing the Zojirushi Bread Machine, it is a great machine to make bread with. This machine is top quality and I believe will last a long time. Simple and easy to use, the controls are easy to read and use. I love the crust control option, light, medium, and dark, always works great. Selecting the course for making your bread is great, Basic bread is used alot, Basic wheat if your going to make wheat bread, Basic dough, for cinnamon buns or pizza dough, Quick option is used for quickly baking a basic bread with rapid rise yeast, Quick wheat, quickly makes whole grain bread with rapid rise yeast, Quick dough, makes dough quickly with rapid rise yeast, Jam, to make jam, Cake, for baking a cake, Sour Dough Starter and Homemade which allows you to program 3 settings. This bread machine does it all, no dislikes and would recommend Zojirushi Bread Machine.

The Zojirushi Supreme BBCC-X20 is worth every penny

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Zojirushi Home Bakery Supreme Bread Maker:

With bread machines so inexpensive now you might have a tendency for the price tag of this Zojirushi Supreme Bread Machine to turn you off.  Well this is one time that I would say that if you are serious about making beautiful loaves of bread and want them to be perfect this is the machine for you.  The supreme Zojirushi has 10 pre-programed settings, 3 shades of crust, a LCD control panel and a 13 hour delay timer.  The large viewing window is great to have a peek to see how your bread is coming along and the removable brad pan has a nonstick service for easy clean up.  The dual blade machine makes beautiful rectangular-shaped 2 pound loaves of bread which I love and the pre-programed setting for rolls is just right for perfect dinner rolls as well as great  cinnamon rolls. The special settings allows you to add whole grains and make different types of bread.  This machine is so easy to use that my 10 year old granddaughter uses it and  even ask for one so she could make bread at home.  I am so glad my hubby surprised me with this machine and the best part, it wasn't even a holiday or special occasion.

One of the best: Zojirushi Bread Machine Model BBCC-X20

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Zojirushi Home Bakery Supreme Bread Maker:

The build quality and thought behind this Zojirushi BBCC-X20 place it highly on the pantheon of bread machines. It is capable of producing consistent results among a wide variety of recipes, thanks to its design and engineering: you can't really say that with too many bread machines.

The Zojirushi is a pricey unit, and it is actually among the most expensive on the market. However, having tried out several other models, the price reflects the quality of what you get. This is capable of producing fantastic bread, and those who are die-hard bread fanatics will even be surprised at loaves that come out of this machine.

This machine is highly recommended, and if you can get it used to cut the price a little, it is an excellent buy.

Wow! The Zojirushi BBCC-X20 makes delicious bread!

from Bumpass, VA

Comments about Zojirushi Home Bakery Supreme Bread Maker:

My mother-in-law bought this for me as a Christmas gift last year, and I was so immediately impressed! I knew that Zojirushi made quality products (a Japanese friend says it's considered top-of-the-line in Japan), but this thing really blows me away. Unlike many products that are manufactured abroad, the bread machine came with directions that were written clearly and thoroughly. It also came with many, many recipes, and all that I've tried have come out great! It's so welcoming to wake up in a house that smells like bread, which is why it's nice to have the delayed timer. I can put everything in before bed and wake up to a warm loaf of fresh bread! I had an old, VERY cheap bread maker before, and I refused to use it because it was SO loud. It would wake me up in the middle of the night while it was kneading! This baby kneads pretty quietly, and I have had zero problems with it since I've owned it (a little over a year). Every once in a while the kneading paddles get stuck in the loaf, but that's not a big deal. If you have to money to spare and want a great bread machine, get this one! You won't be disappointed.