Other Food Storages:
Ziploc
Ziploc Freezer Bags

Ziploc Freezer Bags

Bags are superior!!

I try to choose wisely when purchasing items such as baggies. I did not think there was that much of a difference so I get the generic bags. Several months ago, I won the Glad giftbag giveaway which included the gallon Ziploc bags, two disposable large containers and a Ziploc vacuum starter kit. There really is a difference in the quality of these bags. They are sturdy and have a double zipper. Most of the generic baggies don't have this feature. As expensive as food is, it makes sense to me that I should pay a little extra for the bags that will protect my purchases from freezer burn more effectively. Most times, there are coupons in the Sunday insert that make this product more economical to use. I am a believer and a loyal fan of this product. I will purchase not only the gallon ziploc bags from now on, but the quart size as well. I am so appreciative that I was able to try these products. Highly recommended.

Won't hold water from melting ice...

One Gallon ZIPLOK Freezer Bags with double seal.  I use them to ice my sore knees but when the ice melts the bags leak most of the water out.  This seems to be a recent phenomena - don't recall it from years ago.  And this is leaking from the bottom - I have checked this with the bags totally upright (seal at the top)

Always great.

from Kansas

Comments about Ziploc Freezer Bags:

I love Ziploc bags. They're always great quality. The Ziploc Freezer Bags are awesome and not too small. They seal very well and are great for leftovers! They are worth making the switch over from off-brand freezer bags, honestly.

Pro's of Ziploc Freezer Bags:

-Much higher quality than off-brand baggies. Try comparing an off- brand to the Ziploc. Ziploc has much thicker plastic and has a better and thicker seal.
-Large enough to fit quite a bit of food in [or whatever else you're putting in them]
-The seal stays sealed and is easy to seal. Sometimes with other brands the seal comes unsealed if they aren't upright and I end up getting a mess.
-They don't rip!

Con's for the Ziploc Freezer Bags:

-They cost a little more than I would like

Overall, I highly recommend the Ziploc freezer bags, they are such good quality! When you compare them to off-brand baggies you can really tell the difference.

Freshness sealed!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Ziploc Freezer Bags:

I really like the Ziploc brand! They have so many good products out there that don't let you down like some of the other brands have or do. I like the Johnson Ziploc Gallon Freezer Bags. These hold a lot and seal well. Ziploc bags seem to be a lot stronger than other bags. They won't rip or puncture easily. I love making freezer meals and being able to just pull out something to make in a hurry. These work great for freezer meals. I don't find much frost burn on my frozen food, which is very important to me. I went blackberry picking this past summer and had bowls of blackberries. These backs worked great for freezing them in. I also like the seal. It seals tight and clicks together. It shouldn't come open easily. I will continue to use Ziploc bags of all sizes. They are a great brand and a great quality product. I would recommend switching your baggie purchases over to them. It's a brand that you can trust.

Reusable and well sealing

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Ziploc Freezer Bags:

This entirely reusable product is worth the price over generic bags that fold or need ties. These are stronger, leak less, and the zip closure works wonders. The seal makes me quite confident that the food inside is being protected. I wash and reuse these bags after I remove the food, even after freezing them for weeks. Being kept in the freezer does not damage them. I make and freeze vegetables and noodles to portion out later, and I store the portions in these bags. This is a great convenience to be able to grab one bag and to reheat for the basis of a whole meal for my family.

A Very Safe and Strong Bag

from TN

Comments about Ziploc Freezer Bags:

The SC Johnson Ziploc company are extremely concerned with their customers safety and well-being. All of their bags and containers are completely (B.P.A) free and are routinely inspected to make sure the meet all safety regulations. Their bags are also extremely sturdy and freezable. You can even freeze soups and sauces in these bags, it is pretty hard to top the Ziploc brand.

Ziploc Is The Way To Go For Freezer Food Storage.

Comments about Ziploc Freezer Bags:

Ziploc is a great company for freezer bags. They never fail me. I use a few different sized bags but for the Gallon sized Ziploc Freezer bags, I use those as storage for about 10 pieces of pork that I have cut off the fat and bone from. Just throw the pieces in a smaller freezer bag that Ziploc makes for raw meat, fold the bag up, slide the piece of pork into the gallon bag and wrap up another to store. This is only for someone who has at least an entire pork loin or two to cut up and store. I never have problems with the bags opening on their own. I also never have an issue with freezer burnt meat...because I do not have freezer burnt meat. The bags are a thicker plastic than the normal Ziploc bags. They do not rip as easily or as fast. I would definitely recommend you all start using Ziploc for your freezer bag needs. You will no longer have to deal with the problems of poor packaging.

Bags are superior!!

from SmallTown, TX

Ziploc One Gallon Freezer Bags work great

from Skokie, IL

Comments about Ziploc Freezer Bags:

As the family shopper and cook, I am always on the lookout for the best value. Also, we tend to buy somewhat in bulk, for making meat or fist a few times when there is a good sale.

We use the Ziploc One Gallon Double Zipper Freezer Bags to store items for multiple use in our freezer when needed. The Ziploc One Gallon Double Zipper Freezer Bags are made with a heavier plastic than the house brand freezer bags. Also, havig the second Ziploc strip helps the seal to last and prevent freezer burn. Their current product, with "fresh shield" on the label, has been remade to be tougher on the outside while preserving the seal.

I've found these bags are most effective when I carefully take out as much air as possible before sealing the bags. That minimizes the freezer burn.

The Ziploc One Gallon Double Zipper Freezer Bags are also great for storing and protecting collectibles, including paper collectibles, such as books and magazines.

I recommend the Ziploc One Gallon Double Zipper Freezer Bags. As a branded product, I recommend buying several when they are on sale.

Good Freezer Bag

from Eubank, KY

Comments about Ziploc Freezer Bags:

I cook a lot and like to put prepared meals in the freezer to heat up at a later time. I also make freezer corn every summer. I like using SC Johnson Ziploc 1 Gallon Freezer bags when I store my premade foods in the freezer. These bags are easy to use, they open up easily and close just as well. I really like that there is a double zipper that changes color when I close it so that I can know for sure that it is completely zipped and my foods will not spill out. This is very important when I place my freezer corn in it because if it doesn't close, I have a mess in my freezer. Another great feature is that I can write on the front of the bag. This is important because I put the date that I placed my food in it. Not only is this bag great to use in the freezer, it's also great to use for other things. I often use this bag when going on vacation to place my liquid products so that I don't have to worry about spillage in my luggage. With all the various ways I can use them, I love these bags.

I love Ziploc 1 Gallon Freezer Bags

from Covington, LA

Comments about Ziploc Freezer Bags:

I could not cook without ziploc.  I am the chef of the family and like to prep or make meals every Sunday night.  Ziploc gallon freezer bags help keep all my leftovers and preparation ingredients fresh.  Ziploc gallon freezer bags are big enough for me to store most meals I cook in Sunday to use the rest of the week.  They stay closed and I don't have to worry about double checking the seal.  I have tried the non-name brand bags or store brands and they simply do not work as well.  Actually, they are horrible when compared to Ziploc.  They are very difficult to get on track to close and they have a tendency to open or come unlocked (so to speak).  They are not as sturdy as ziploc either.  Although Ziploc brand bags are more expensive than off name brands, my wife has had success finding coupons for Ziploc bags.  When combined with a sale, there are ways to get Ziploc brand bags at cheaper prices than even the store brands.

Great!

from Elmhurst, NY

Comments about Ziploc Freezer Bags:

I use both ziploc and glad brands, like ziploc better. It's durable and dependable. I feel the ziploc brand bags are thicker so they not easily broken and the double zip really keeps the food fresh. Highly recommended!