3.3
Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:
Zeno

3.3

Zeno is better than the ccreams!

This device works fairly well for me. I have noticed a lot of reviews mentioning that it doesn't work for them and wonder what kind of pimples they might be using it on. This thing works ONLY on mild to moderate acne pimples, the kind that eventually come to a head and you are dying to pop (pustules). It will NOT work on blackheads or whiteheads (open and closed comedones) as these type of acne aren't caused by bacterial infection but rather by completely clogged pores. It also wont do any good on severe forms of acne such as nodular or cystic pimples (those deep, hard, painful pimples that never come to a head) or papules (shallow, red, hard bumps that you'll never pop in a million years). If you notice the pimple early on when its just a little bump, the better off you'll be using this thing. I have had a few pimples that this device actually eliminated completely after one or two uses, but most of the time it just reduces their severity and helps them shrink down and heal faster. What's nice about it, is that it doesnt irritate your poor skin, dry it out or make it flake like so many acne creams will. Its no miracle worker, but if you are like me and find that salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide are more irritating than helpful in the treatment of occasional pimples, this is definitely a nifty little machine.

I find the Zeno Hot Spot Blemish Clearing Device is hit or miss.

I have a friend who swears by this thing, so I thought I'd give it a try. It seems simple enough and I figured it couldn't hurt to try it. I don't get extreme breakouts, but I think we all have the occasional blemish that we'd like to "zap". My friend has never had a spot that it didn't show fairly instant results on and the product claim is that you should start seeing results within an hour. That was not my experience on most of the blemishes that I used it on.

The first time I used it I really couldn't tell much of a difference. It was a spot that I had noticed a couple of days before though, so I thought maybe it was just going to be a little harder to clear up than one that I caught at the very start. The next time I used it I saw improvement almost instantly. Within a few minutes I could barely see the blemish, and within a couple of hours I couldn't even see where it had been. The third time I used it I had a totally different experience. I had a red ring where I had applied the slight pressure that it requires. I have also had issues with it making the blemished spot red, though no worse than blemish products that you apply topically.

Overall I would recommend this, as long as you realize that it doesn't last forever (approximately 80 uses) and that it can be hit or miss. When it works it's great. When it doesn't it's no worse than any other blemish product and doesn't dry or irritate your skin.

Comments about Zeno Hot Spot Blemish Clearing Device:

The Zeno Hot Spot did not work, and it's annoying! I had high hopes for this little device. I get the occasional giant pimple on my forehead, and I thought this would be perfect for me. When I first opened it, I was shocked at the size. The device is tiny, but the silver part that goes on the pimple is even smaller! I started reading the directions before using it. It said I must leave it on the pimple for two and a half minutes. That seems like a long time for just one pimple. If someone had multiple pimples, it could take thirty minutes to use this thing! I waited a few days after getting it before I used it. I had to wait for a pimple to show up. When it did, I immediately put the Zeno Hot Spot on it. I repeated it three times the same day. I woke up the next morning, and the pimple had doubled in size! I've heard a few people say they have had success with the Zeno, but it didn't work for me.

• Ease of Application:
  • Convenience:
  • Side Effects:
  • Immediacy:

Don't like it

from Arlington, TX

Comments about Zeno Hot Spot Blemish Clearing Device:

I think that the idea for this product is very cute. It is compact and easy to apply the treatment to your face. I had one huge pimple on my chin so I decided to give this a try. It's a spot treatment and you apply it where you need it. The heat did not bother me that much. It was a little uncomfortable but bearable at the same time. When I was done with the treatment, my chin was really red. I thought that it was just the heat and that it would wear off after a while, but it didn't. I was freaking out because I did it in the morning and I had to go school in an hour. Well, the redness was still there and I couldn't even try to cover it up with foundation. Needless to say, that was a bad day at school. I would not buy this again. My pimple did get a little better though. It's very expensive and there are products out there that do the same job. I don't like that it leaves redness on your face either. Overall, I would not recommend this product.

• Ease of Application:
  • Convenience:
  • Side Effects:
  • Immediacy:

It's alright but annoying at times.

Comments about Zeno Hot Spot Blemish Clearing Device:

Well I seen this on tv & at the time I use to have mild breakouts and wanted to give it a try. I noticed when I did use it it helped with some of my breakouts. But its cheap material. The battery runs out so quickly. When you turn the thing on it vibrates then it would stop and you'd have to keep pressing the button which is annoying. The heat to the face was uncomfortable in my opinion. Thought it was a waste after awhile. Only bought it once & never will again lol.
I have been on birth control now for over a year and omg that was my cure for acne. It made all my breakouts disappear. Now I just wash my face with a acne wash & moisturize when I go out and definitley at night.
But it depends on the type of acne you have. If I had the patience with this product i'm sure I would have seen better results.

Love it but Hate it

from Staten Island, NY

Comments about Zeno Hot Spot Blemish Clearing Device:

I did love this product and it does work rather well but the problem is that it left my skin very red for hours after I used it....my sister used it and it didn't work at all for her....and she was quite upset by this.....but it did work for me very well and I am happy that I tried it.....but I probably won't use it again do to the redness and fact that I can't share it with my sister.

Zeno Hot Spot To The Rescue - no more pimples here

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Zeno Hot Spot Blemish Clearing Device:

Nothing can be worse for a teenager  than when those  blemishes appears. My 15 year old granddaughter recently began experiencing some blemishes and began trying different cover ups products to keep them from showing. I had heard about the Zeno Hot Spot Blemish Clearing Device and decided to check it out.   It is described rightly so as the the new secret weapon in the war against pimples.No creams or smelly ointments.  Zeno Hot Spot uses a gentle heat to destroy the bacteria that causes acne. It has a indicator light and a beap to signal that the treatment is ready to begin. You hold the treatment tip on the blemish for the cycle time. About 2 - 3 minutes when a signal beep sound every 30 seconds. Remove the Zeno Hot Spot from the blemish when the multi tone sounds indicated that the treatment is over. Just repeat wherever you have a blemish and clean your Hot Spot by wiping the treatment tip with soap and water. What a modern approach.  A clinically proven portable hand held recharable medical device designed for at home use. Pimples disappear.  Teen happy and grandma grateful to be of help.

A Really Good Value

from Hudsonville, MI

Comments about Zeno Hot Spot Blemish Clearing Device:

**I purchased the Zeno Hot Spot Blemish Clearing Device six months ago and so far I've been pretty happy with it. I'm 25 years old and have had moderate acne for about ten years. I feel like I've tried everything and I'm to the point were I just feel like I needed something for a few minor breakouts and a friend recommended this product to me. While it's not a magic device and my pimple will not disappear as soon as this is used I do feel like it shortens the length of time to clear my skin up. And I have found that using the device at the first moment I notice I'm going to breakout works the best and sometimes the pimple will go away before it's even noticeable. Overall I think it's a great product for minor acne.**

Zeno is not a miracle product

from Edmond, OK

Comments about Zeno Hot Spot Blemish Clearing Device:

I have been wanting a Zeno for years after hearing all about how well it clears pimples. I am adult who suffers from occasional acne, especially on my chin. I finally purchased the Hot Spot as it was a cheaper version that from other reviews worked just as well. Unfortunately, I have not had the same results or as good of luck as other reviewers. The Zeno just simply has not worked for me. I have had it now for a couple of months and have used it about 5-6 times on all different kinds of pimples, (the directions tell you which types it works for). I have never noticed a big difference or reduced healing time with the Zeno.

The heat is bearable, nothing too painful and it takes 2 1/2 minutes which isn't bad. Now if I could just get it to work! I have followed the directions perfectly and still nothing. This a product that I really wanted to love, but until it starts helping my acne, then I cannot recommend it. I will keep trying it though and if I figure out that it is 'user error', then I will change my review.

It's ok.

from Glen Lyon, PA

Comments about Zeno Hot Spot Blemish Clearing Device:

This is what I have to say about the seno hot spot. It is ok for getting your acne away but not good for the long time. I remeber when I saw whitney port on the commerials. Her skin looked so flawless and when she said that it was all thanks to the zeno hot spot I was like wow, if thjat product can do that for her, what can it do for me, the same thing perhaps. So that's when I decided to buy the zeno hot spot. It was a little pricey but no all that bad. The first couple of day I put it on, it helped out my skin a lot. My skin became less red and it emilmiated a lot of my acmne or pimples whatever you want to call it. Anway, that feeling goodness and results ended soon after that. My skin started to become more red. I looked like porky about to be fired up, that is not good. It stoped doing all the stuff  people said it can do very soon. I am disappoineted and this product is not for the long run.

Um, I'm not sure if this is working. But I feel better! = )

from Carrboro, NC

Comments about Zeno Hot Spot Blemish Clearing Device:

Honestly, I'm not sure if this is working.  But I feel better!  = )  That's not a great endorsement of a product, but many reviewers swear by it.  It's hard for me to tell if it's effective.  I do not see a sudden change in healing or acne reduction, but over the course of a few days my skin looks better.  Is it because of this prodcut or because of time?  Or something else I'm doing? I honestly don't know.  So, for that, I can't recommend it. However, I feel the heat and I get the concept.  I like the idea of the heat zapping the bacteria to kill it.  I like the feeling of using it, which gives me the impression that it's working.  I think it may be worth tryingg, but if you don't see an improvement through it's use after trying it out for the life of the product (it only has 80 "zaps" and then you toss it and buy a new one, not sure why) then I would forget about it.  For me, I have about 20 more "zaps" for it to prove to me otherwise, but at this point, I'm not buying it again.

Zeno Hot Spot Treatment Worth a Try

from Bloomington, CA

Comments about Zeno Hot Spot Blemish Clearing Device:

So as someone who has suffered from those annoying pimples that accompany your period, I think this product is pretty decent. Yes, it is very pricy, but what wouldn't anyone give for clear skin right? I've only used this product for a month and of all the 4 pimples I have used this on, it has managed to make 3 of them disappear within 24 hrs. The last one was just not the type of pimple mean for this device. Though this device has gotten to clear up my pimples quick, it doesn't magically make them disappear over night. The heat from this machine actually does reduce the size of my pimple, but to make it completely go away, you do have to squeeze the pus out. The heat does a good job at drawing out the bacteria so it is much easier for you to pop, but this machine doesn not just make them go poof. I have re-broken out on the same places that I used the machine on, but that could just mean that that area is acne prone for my skin. The bad things about this machine is that it does leave a noticeable red mark on your face of wherever you applied it, so I would recommend only using it when you are at home or about to sleep. Doesn't leave any acne-scarring from the heat, but if you popped your pimple afterwards then that may leave a mark.