Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:

Zeno Acne Treatment

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

It really works by the book!

I'm really shocked at the comments (and disappointed).  I've used Zeno happily for quite some time and it really does work.  My pimples disappear within a day. I have several friends and family members that use Zeno happily too.  Unfortunately, I have to admit that I have seen suspicious patterns on this site regarding negative Zeno ratings, and I'll just leave it at that.  So sad!   Regardless of this, you need to know that Zeno really works.  Decide for yourself.  Pick one up at your local store and try it.  You can always return it within 30 days (no problems) if it doesn't work for you.  Make sure you are using it correctly though.  Don't pick your pimples, touch your face, etc. and keep washing your face at least twice a day.  Zeno is not a substitute for good hygiene.  Use Zeno when the pimple first emerges, this is sooooooooooo important!  Use it for the full number of treatments for the entire 2 ½ minutes (after a while, you will be able to tell whether 1-3 treatments will work for the different types of pimples you get--it takes a while to learn because a new pimple doesn't just show up because you bought a Zeno--before the 30 days is up though, you will get a good feel for what works best for you).  I have some pimples that I use Zeno on only once and others that require more.  A good rule of thumb, if it is reducing the pimple size, use Zeno 2 or 3 times a day until it is gone.  But truly, most pimples don't require 3 treatments.  They key is to catch them early and you will need Zeno less.  Don't cheat Zeno and just use it for 30 seconds either.  Keep it on the pimple for the entire 2 ½ minutes (it beeps every 30 seconds, so you know it is working).  Also, if you don't press the timer button when it turns green, the unit turns off within about 30 seconds.  This can confuse people as they think the treatment is done, when they didn't even start it!   And, don't just get your Zeno and use it on an old pimple -- it might improve the healing time (for me it did), but the pimple has already damaged the skin and will require sufficient time to heal.

I'll give you a perfect example of my experience with Zeno.  I woke up the other morning with a monstrous, shiny pimple on the tip of my nose.  I used Zeno as soon as I saw it because thats what it says to do in the manual (I recommend to read the ENTIRE manual front to cover before you treat your first pimple).  It immediately reduced the swelling & didn't feel sore anymore.  I could cover it up with make-up right away too.  I used it once more before bed.  The next day the pimple was completely gone!  This has been my experience with this WONDERFUL product when it comes to my pimples.  It does leave a little bit of redness around the treated area every once in a while, but it goes away within about 15 minutes.  This is the only con I can think of, but it really is no big deal and it doesn't always happen either.  The Zeno is warm, but it doesn't hurt at all.  I read that it gets about 118 F, but don't worry because it isn't hot enough to damage your skin (I know!).  In my experience, there is no other acne product on the market that can do this & I have tried them ALL!  The pimple slowly gets smaller over about 24 hours until you can't see it anymore.  It's gradual, so don't expect it to immediately disappear.  Other such acne products just dry out and/or damage the skin, but Zeno doesn't.  If you have mild to moderate acne, Zeno is absolutely incredible.  I would definitely not recommend it if you have severe acne or are on any medications, etc. that create skin sensitivity (some antibiotics do, so be careful)!  I'd be surprised if Zeno doesn't work for you, but if it doesn't, you should probably see a dermatologist because there is something else going on.  Zeno only works on p.acnes bacteria, which it claims is the cause of 90% of pimples (NOT ALL).  Just be realistic and take your time to learn how this amazing product works on your skin type.   I highly recommend Zeno!  Again, if by chance you are one of the unlucky few that gets pimples caused by anything other than p.acnes bacteria, I strongly suggest you go to a dermatologist for alternate treatments.  If Zeno doesn't work, you'll know you are in the unlucky category unfortunately.  I don't really know anyone though that it hasn't worked for.  Good luck and I hope this helps.  (Sigh!) I think I covered everything!

The Zeno did Not Impress Me

I had used Zeno in the past to treat my acne. I had bought it on sale at Rite Aid for less than half the regular price. The Zeno system is easy to use, you apply the tip directly to the location of the pimple and the Zeno will apply heat for a couple of minutes. I really liked this concept because this is an acne treatment that does not involve any use of harsh chemicals. From my experiences with the Zeno, I can say it works ok, but it is definitely not with the price I paid for or even the regular retail price. I believe that it works best on small pimples and newly forming pimples. It did not work well on pimples that were already medium or large in size. I was surprised when I started getting new pimples popping up in the places where I had treated my face with the Zeno. I think this may be due to the either the bacteria or oil becoming trapped in the pores when the Zeno tip is placed on the skin or the Zeno is not becoming hot enough to sufficiently kill the bacteria. Overall, the idea of using heat to treat pimples is not new and I can get better results using warm water and cotton balls and applying it to my inflamed pimples.

The Zeno did Not Impress Me

from wilkes barre, PA

• Immediacy:

Zeno Acne Treatment Doesn't work!

Comments about Zeno Acne Treatment:

One day I was particularly frustrated with a really nasty breakout. I had tried everything I owned and I just wanted it gone! I went to the store and purchase the Zeno. This was the biggest waste of money I've ever spent on an acne product! It just pain doesn't work. I saw zero improvement and for the cost of the product I thought I'd see something! I have tried it off and on a few times over the years on especially annoying breakouts and it never does anything. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone! I should have returned mine after the first time I used it.

It doesn't work at all. I have never seen any kind of improvement on any acne breakouts.

Ease of Application
It's easy to hold this up to your face, but it's sort of annoying, even though you don't have to apply it to a breakout that long.

Side Effects
It can give a breakout a burning tingling sensation that doesn't feel good. It has always gave me a really nasty red spot where I used it,

Immediacy
For me it never worked. So I can't say I saw any improvement ever.

• Immediacy:

Don't think it's worth the money.

Comments about Zeno Acne Treatment:

Did very little for me and it is very expensive for the refills. Basically how it works is that it uses heat in a metal pad that you apply directly to your pimple. It's about 2 and a half minutes with two to three treatments in a 24 hour period. This is a as needed on the spot treatment for acne.

Sometimes I have troubles charging it, it does not appear to be able to retian its charge.

Because you need to use 3 times during a cycle, you won't get much from a 60 treatment cycle and so it can be very costly.

It's only for people with mild acne, with the occasional pimple, not people with chronic acne all over the face.

I suggest to see your physician regarding your acne about this as opposed to buying this. I'm not too sure if it will cost scar treatment because it never worked out for me. It did not burn my skin however.

Can't tell if it worked out for me because it never functioned properly

• Immediacy:

I wanted to like it, but it just didn't work for me.

from Middleton, WI

Comments about Zeno Acne Treatment:

I read both good & bad reviews about the Zeno before buying it, so I wasn't surprised when it didn't work, but I definitely was disappointed.  I was in the middle of a particularly bad break-out, brought upon by stress, and I was desparate to do anything to get it under control.  The whole idea of the Zeno is that if you catch the zits when they're starting (when you just have a little redness or a sore spot underneath the skin), it'll prevent them from coming to a head.  This did not work for me at all -- in fact, it seemed to make the zits even bigger & more inflamed once they came to a head than had I done nothing at all.That said, it really does seem to work for some people.  Given that it has a 30 day money back guarantee (Target took mine back after 29 days without a problem), it's worth a try.

HUGE waste of money

from Jeffersonville, IN

Comments about Zeno Acne Treatment:

I bought this after reading rave reviews on another web site and have been horribly disappointed in it.  I've used it at least a dozen times on all types of acne and it never works.  It's over-rated, over-priced, and over-hyped.  Don't waste your money on this product!

Literally a waste of time.

from West Union, OH

Comments about Zeno Acne Treatment:

I had never heard of the Zeno Acne Treatment until I saw it in the store.I thought it looked good and I was ready to buy it until I saw the price tag.I did not buy it that day.I figured I had better do some research on it before I spent that kind of money.The information I found was promising so I got one.My findings with the zeno is that it does work at reducing the size and healing time of a pimple.It does not produce results as fast or as good as it claims though.It is very easy to use but rather time consuming.You have to use it for a couple of minutes a few times a day and thats only for one pimple.The Zeno is to expensive to buy just for a couple pimples and to time consuming if you have alot of acne.You also have to waste at least a good 10 minutes waiting for the red spot it leaves to disappear.I also want to mention you will eventually have to buy replacement tip cartridges and they are very expensive.all in all it just wasnt for me.

Zeno Acne Treatment didn't work for me.

from Katy, TX

Comments about Zeno Acne Treatment:

Zeno Acne Treatment didn't work for me. I don't have patience to sit and hold that on all my blemishes. I would use it and I think it would burn my skin but I have very sensitive skin. I have found a product called Skin Organics by Ann Webb that does work. When I see a blemish forming I put a dab of Goji Azelaic exfoliating serum on and it starts to go away immediatly.

Great Zit Zapper!

from Dousman, WI

Comments about Zeno Acne Treatment:

My son (15) has been using Zeno for about a year. We started out with the less expensive one that had disposable heads. After about 6 months of it working really well for him, I bought the more expensive rechargeable unit and I buy the heads on Ebay for a reasonable price. I was very cautious when buying it, but with 30 day guarantee we gave it a try. I'm not one to spend money on a whim. This product is working for my son and his skin is looking pretty good!

it ok

from La Puente, CA

Comments about Zeno Acne Treatment:

First off, I was already skeptical about this product, but since I have dealt with acne prone skin for the better part of a decade, I figured I had to give this a try. I am now in my thirties, so you can imagine I have tried a lot of products out there to prevent and stop breakouts. I did find this product a bit expensive going in, but I figured as long as it does what it promised, who cares. Well, first off I found that the heat was a bit too much at times for my skin, maybe I am just more sensitive than others, but while it did not burn me, it often left red marks and felt uncomfortable. As far as my actual breakouts, here was the problem I had. It seem to reduce the size of smaller more mild pimples, but it didn't really do much for other difficult pimples. I wouldn't say all my pimples magically disappeared and for the price shouldn't that have been the case? So again this product is a bit hit and miss just like several other acne treatments out there.

Zeno Acne Treatment - impressed.

from Xenia, OH

Comments about Zeno Acne Treatment:

As a 32 year old, female who STILL experiences acne - I've tried just about everything.  It seems to be better currently but I would really love nice clear skin with no noticable pores... that's right, no pores.   While this product has it's limitations it certainly works well on those deep pimples that hurt.  I try to use it right away and my experience has been great!  As long as it's not a surface pimple or a white head - this product will not work for those.  I wish you didn't have to buy new tips as it seems like a waste... but I'm not savvy enough to know how the product actually works and why they tip needs to be replaced.   I'm sure it's not just a money making scheme, right?

This product probably isn't the best for severe acne.  Mine is mild to moderate but feels more like grotesque and embarassing.  Hope you don't have the same problems but if you do... nice product to have on hand - especially when you have pictures in the morning.