3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

Overnight pore reduction

I don't consider myself to have 'acne' but I do get small breakouts about once a month (you can guess when that happens) and I do have enlarged pores on my t-zone. I did, however, have pretty bad acne as a teenager so I have used it all. The drugstore cleansers, the prescription medications and creams, even ProActive did nothing for me. As my hormones have evened out I have thankfully gotten past the acne stage, but the enlarged pores remained. I tried the painful strips, creams, I wash my face excessively, nothing helped until I found this stuff. Just overnight I can tell a huge difference in the size of my pores and it even helps even out the redness I have in this area. I only use it once a day, in the evening after washing my face and it seems to be sufficient for me. I do think using it twice a day would probably cause problems with drying the skin but I haven't had a problem with this routine yet.

It is the only thing that has worked to reduce my enlarged pores. Just overnight they are significantly smaller in size. It doesn't seem to help as much with my hormonal breakout each month, though.

Ease of Application
A very small amount goes a long way. It is slightly gritty but absorbs well and dries pretty quickly. I do not apply near my eyes.

Convenience
The product itself is very convenient and easy to use. No steps to follow, just apply and you are done. I reserved 10 stars because it isn't available in stores near me. I have to order it online and sometimes forget to do so before I run out.

Side Effects
My skin gets pretty 'tight' after applying, so I can imagine it could cause problems for people with dry or sensitive skin but it hasn't given me any problems yet.

Immediacy
I didn't expect any results from this product since I hadn't seen any yet from other more expensive products, so I was amazed when I woke up the next morning after my first use and saw how great my pores looked.

Zapzyt didn't zap my zits!

Even though I am very much an adult, I do still occassionaly break out with one or two annoying pimples.  When I was at our local state fair, they were providing free samples of **Zapzyt Maximum Strength Acne Treatment Gel**. I figured it was something that I could use from time to time and was happy to accept it.  After trying it, I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

**The Facts **

- Contains 10% Benzoyl Peroxide
- Maximum Strength Formula
- Breaks through the oil to treat acne at its source

**My Experience**

I had a couple of pimples when I received the sample of Zapzyt so that night after washing my face, I applied the medicated gel directly to them.  I noticed that after the gel dried, it left a white residue on my skin.  At night, that isn't a problem but according to the directions, Zapzyt should be applied twice a day. That would mean if I applied it in the morning before leaving the house, I would be walking around with white marks on my face.  Luckily when I tried this, it was the weekend and I did as directed.  I first began applying the gel on Friday night and by Monday morning, I still had the pimples.  I didn't notice they were reduced by much either.  I figured I would give it another couple of days and try to hide the white marks during the day.  By Wednesday, I gave up.  I think I gave the product sufficient time to work.

**My Final Viewpoint**

After going to the website I learned that this product seems to be geared more towards teenagers.  Possibly it is just not effective on adults.  I don't recommend **Zapzyt Maximum Strength Acne Treatment Gel **for adults but cannot say about teenagers.  Since this product was not effective on me, I am only giving it a ***2 star rating***.

Overnight pore reduction

Use with EXTREME Caution

Comments about Zapzyt Maximum Strength Acne Treatment Gel:

I purchased Zapzyt Maximum Strength Acne Treatment Gel after borrowing a dab or two from my sister and seeing the great results. I applied it directly to an emerging zit in hopes to make it vanish before its ugly head popped out of my skin. And guess what?! It worked! So I went on to purchase my own tube of this miracle gel. On the box and tube it says you can apply it directly to your pimple or onto your black heads. Well, I decided to put it on the bridge of my nose because that is where black heads like to appear for me. It was fine that night but the next day my entire nose and cheeks were extremely dried it and flakey. Unfortunately, this nasty dryness lasted a few days. I would only recommend Zapzyt for spot treating pimples directly. Do not put the Zapzyt anywhere that doesn't have extreme oil and pimple gunk.

When applied directly to pimple it decreases the size, swelling & redness in just a few hours. After a few applications the zit is completely gone!

• Immediacy:

One heck of a great and effective treatment

Comments about Zapzyt Maximum Strength Acne Treatment Gel:

I have had acne since I was about eleven years old. I am now thirty three and still suffer. I'm not talking about the occasional little blemish. In my teens it was so bad that I got on accutane! These days, this product is in my TOP PICKS for treating acne. It's fast working, very effective and inexpensive! I absolutely love this stuff! I never let myself run out of it, I would be lost without it. I highly recommend Zapzyt. It's one if the best acne spot treatments I have ever used. If you have unsightly blemishes that are embarrassing and socially isolating, you have got to have this in your skin care regimen!

Side Effects
The only side effects I've had with this product is a little bit of drying. If you have dry skin already, you may want to have extra moisturizer on hand. I have very oily skin so the drying effects are minimal!

Immediacy
Depending on what kind of acne you have, pretty much determines how quickly it will act. I get lots of different types but the worse are the cystic pimples. These are very deep, painful and large. If you use Zapzyt 2-3 times a day on these types, it could take a few days to clear up. But it does happen!

• Immediacy:

Okay for spot treatment, really dries out skin.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Zapzyt Maximum Strength Acne Treatment Gel:

I have used this on and off for spot treatment for blemishes. I really only buy it if my regular brand is out. This is for two reasons. I am not a big fan of how it smells. It has a very medicinal smell to it, like a hospital, and I hate that very much. I can smell it on my face for the rest of the night after I used it. I also hate how it dries out my skin on the spots that I used it. I know the drying is supposed to dry out the blemish, but once it is gone there is a big dry skin spot where the blemish used to be. That is a little too much for me. All that being said, it is an acceptable alternative to my regular spot treatment. The price is acceptable and I think this product is well worth the cost. I just wish they would give the darn cream a better scent!

It gets rid of on the spot blemishes, but it takes a bit longer than I would expect a spot treatment to take.

Ease of Application
It comes in a tube, so it is easy to put it on the tip of your finger to apply or on a cotton swab.

Didn't Work For Me AT ALL

Comments about Zapzyt Maximum Strength Acne Treatment Gel:

I was not satisfied with the Zapzyt Acne Treatment Gel. I used this when I had horrible acne and it just didn't work at all for me. It only dried out my skin and still left the acne! I recommend to anyone who is going to use this product to pair it with a face wash (which I did) because if not then it definitely won't work for most people. This product is meant to be a spot treatment, so definitely use another acne product with the Zapzyt Acne Treatment Gel.

Quick Acne Gel.

Comments about Zapzyt Maximum Strength Acne Treatment Gel:

I would recommend this for super oily prone skin. I don't personally suffer from an overly oily face so this was a little bit harsh on my acne so although it was a bit more painful than I would've guessed it did indeed get rid of my zits.

It's pretty good if you only use it for those occasional surprise pop up zits. If you use it long term your face will be very noticeably dry. I would say you won't find a moisturizer that can keep up daily with this kind of treatment since it's highly concentrated.

Ease of Application
I like that it's a small tube that I can keep in my purse or stick in my pocket. It gives you a sense of confidence knowing you can simply go into the bathroom and dab it on and your problem spot and then within a few hours there's considerably less redness and swelling.

Convenience
Very convenient. Perfect for an on the go lifestyle which just about everyone needs these days.

Side Effects
Excessive dryness if you prolong the use of it.

• Immediacy:

very good product for acne

Comments about Zapzyt Maximum Strength Acne Treatment Gel:

This product actually does work not only will it get rid of most blemish and all acne it will leave your skin feeling very refreshed and clean. This product is very simple to use just place it on each blemish then let it work. There is no burning or irritation which is unlike most acne products. This is one of the most effective products I have ever used in only a week of use I could already see improvement.

The perfect pimple eraser

Comments about Zapzyt Maximum Strength Acne Treatment Gel:

This product has the same ingredient as most spot treatments but for some reason this one works differently. I noticed a difference when I woke up. My pimples were pretty much gone! It doesn't dry your face out that bad like most other products do and it's easy to use. I wear it over night after I scrub my face with the poor scrub by the company and it works wonder together!

Results the following morning.

Very easy to apply.

Convenience
You can bring it anywhere!

Side Effects
Besides making your face feel a little dry (which every product with this ingredient will) I have had no side effects.

• Immediacy:

Zapzyt works well for being so reasonable

Comments about Zapzyt Maximum Strength Acne Treatment Gel:

I have tried numerous acne preventing and acne treating scrubs and creams over the years. I have struggled with acne for a good many years, and of all of them, zapzyt might be my favorite. It really seems to start to work quicker than many other topical medications, without drying my face as much as some. I would say it might not be as good as Proactive which I have also tried, but also is not anywhere near as expensive, and doesn't dry out and potentially damage my skin as much. I think that Zapzyt Maximum strength acne treatment gel is a great value. I definitely plan on buying it again, and would recommend it to anyone.

Pretty good effectiveness....probably are more effective products out there, but most are worse.

Ease of Application
Easy to dab on and smooth onto breakouts.

Convenience
no problems with convenience!

Side Effects
I do experience some dryness, but very mild and no flaking.

Immediacy
I feel like Zapzyt starts working right away, definitely within a few hours of application.

• Immediacy:

This works better for teens not adults.

from Hummelstown, PA

Comments about Zapzyt Maximum Strength Acne Treatment Gel:

I am a 30 year old woman who still suffers from adult acne breakouts. My niece is 16 and had recommended this to me. It works wonders for her. Me, not at all.

Depending on your age it can work great or not at all. My teenage niece uses it with amazing results. I saw no difference in the acne I already had nor did it prevent any from forming.

Ease of Application
Its very easy to use. Just open the cap, take a tiny dab an put it right on the pimple. As with any acne treatment I suggest washing your face first before application.

Convenience
It is a smaller tube of the cream so the convenience score is high. Fits just about anywhere including your purse.

Side Effects
As I said, my niece uses this and had recommended it to me. She has had no side effects what so ever. Me on the other hand, I have suffered redness on and around the pimple sites. I know pimples can be red but this was definitely caused by the cream. The soreness takes a good 24 hours to go away from the irritation.

Immediacy
While this product does not work for me with clearing up acne, my niece reports that it takes a few days of application before she sees the results.