Zagg / ShieldZone - Invisible Shield

Zagg / ShieldZone - Invisible Shield

If it ever scratches, they'll replace it!

The InvisibleShield is made and sold by ZAGG, which used to be ShieldZone, at [http://www.ShieldZone.com][1] . It is a thin plastic-like screen protector that is available in pretty much any size. There are pre-made versions to fit a myriad of electronic devices, or you can have them make a custom size. I've got one on my:

- iPod
- cell phone
- GPS receiver
- Palm
- portable DVD player

The best thing about these is that they are 100% guaranteed never to scratch and, if they do, the company will replace them if you return the scratched one. The material and technology behind these screen protectors was originally developed to protect the leading edges of helicopter rotor blades from sand and other debris. If it can protect a metal blade from sand hitting it at well over 100 mph, it can protect your stuff from everyday dirt and dust. Short of cutting it with a knife, I have not been able to scratch it.

When you buy an InvisibleShield, it comes with the "application solution," which may be nothing more than water, but I'm not sure. They only guarantee the product if the installation is done according to their directions, so I always use the stuff. Basically, you clean the device, then spray this solution on the shield and place it on the device. Smooth out any bubbles that are trapped, and let it set for 24 hours. Some models require fairly simple "molding" to fit corners; this is accomplished by pressing the corner into the palm of your hand for a minute or so. One bit of advice: spend some time getting the installation right, because it's almost impossible to remove the shield without stretching it out of shape.

If you've ever had an iPod or cell phone or DVD player that got a big scratch on its screen, you know how frustrating it is. Buy one of these, get it in place, and add yourself to the ranks of the scratch-free!

[1]: http://www.shieldzone.com/

Pass on this product

I applied my shield, let it cure overnight (36 hours actually) and ended up with scratches from my key within a few days. After contacting their support they said that it's not uncommon to have to replace the shield often!! And then proceeded to tell me that I couldn't get a replacement because I was out of my 30-day warranty. I purchased on 12/9 and contacted them 12/30. I bought 3 shields and gave them as gifts, however, I'll be warning my friends and family to continue using their regular cases as the Zagg product does not cut it.

Amazing screen protector that will outlast your device!

Comments about Zagg / ShieldZone - Invisible Shield:

I have been using the Invisible Shield on all of my touch screen devices for several years now. It just lasts and lasts. It will almost certainly outlast any device you put it on! The screen itself is also great. It reduces glare and fingerprints are completely unnoticeable unless you're actually looking for them. I still have the original Shield I purchased on my old 2nd Gen iPod Touch. It's still going strong! It is well worth the extra money. Don't waste your money on cheap screen protectors that you will end up having to replace over and over. Get the Invisible Shield and just enjoy your device!

quality for a small price

from Port Orchard, WA

Comments about Zagg / ShieldZone - Invisible Shield:

A great screen protector that will last a lifetime. You pay once and get free unlimited protectors for the rest of the screens life. It's very reasonable and whenever you need a new one, just head to the mall and switch it for a new one.

Protect your Touch Screen with the best, Zagg's InvisibleShield.

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Zagg / ShieldZone - Invisible Shield:

Every touch screen device deserves a great screen protector and body protector and there is non better than the Zagg InvisibleShield. Available for almost every touch screen device from smartphones to pdas to the ipad and most tablets. Takes a minute to install but then it's there and comes with a lifetime replacement warranty!

Zagg Best Protection for phones/computers/ebooks

from Palmdale, CA

Comments about Zagg / ShieldZone - Invisible Shield:

I tried a few brands of screen protectors and was not happy with the results and was given a Zagg invisible shield as a promotion with my new phone. What a difference. It is truly invisible and durable. I have a habit of dropping my phone when getting it out of my purse and had damaged my previous phone's screen. Not anymore. The Zagg is so durable I ordered one for my ebook reader and for my laptop. They are great. No scratches, no damage, the best.

I recommend the Zagg brand for everything that has a screen - phones, ebooks, laptops/netbooks. They have all been easy to apply and no air bubbles. Each one comes with a squeege and application liquid which makes positioning them easy and removes any air bubbles. I even ordered a customized laptop cover from the Zagg website for my laptop.

Works really well, but flawed if not applied correctly

from Fremont, CA

Comments about Zagg / ShieldZone - Invisible Shield:

Seems sort of obvious that this product relies on a a well executed application, but I thought I had done a fairly good job is applying Invisible Shield to my LG Dare.  Turns out, not so much.  I had gotten rid of the bubbles,  but the edges weren't perfectly sealed, so dust slowly began to build up underneath.  After about a year, most of the side panels were covered in dust build-up.  I had also gotten tired of the rubbery sticky feeling of the material, so I eventually removed the Invisible Shield.

I noticed that the touch sensitivity and accuracy of my phone had decreased slightly with the Zagg Shield on.  This was probably due to a low quality touch screen, but perhaps something to think about if you own a budget phone and are thinking of wrapping it in Zagg.

Overall though, I was really happy with my purchase.  The issues I've brought up are very minor, and in the end, Zagg made my phone scratch-proof for the year I left it on.  If you like to resell your phones often, make sure you wrap in Zagg.  And on another note, make sure to get Zagg stuff when they are on sale, they run 50% off quite often.

Love the Zagg Invisible Shields!

from Semmes, AL

Comments about Zagg / ShieldZone - Invisible Shield:

I absolutely love the Invisble Shield screen protectors!  I bought one of these for my iPhone after trying several of the "cheaper" brands and none of them even compare to Zagg's.  The others were a hard plastic that just clung to the screen and were very easy to pop off, so they constantly got air bubbles in them and were almost impossible to put on.  Zagg's Invisible Shield goes on much easier.  They come with a liquid that you spray on the shield and this gives you a little bit more maneuverability when trying to put them on than the dry protectors.  Granted, it is a bit difficult to get everything lined up correctly, but that is the case with any of the screen protectors that I've tried.  If you use the "applicator" that comes with them (either a rubber squeegee or a plastic card), you can smooth out the bubbles as you put it on.  Any remaining bubbles can be rubbed out (this can take a while to do, but it is worth it).  The shield stays on and doesn't develop air bubbles and you can barely tell it's there.  It does change the texture of the screen (it has a more rubbery feel to it), but I don't have to worry about scratching my screen at all).  I have bought these for coworkers and have had no problems sending them in for replacements.  Only once did I have to send in one because it was damaged.  The rest were when we had to replace a phone and needed a replacement for it (once you remove the shield after the initial installation, it cannot be reused).  I love these and highly recommend them!

Very Good

from Harrison, NJ

Comments about Zagg / ShieldZone - Invisible Shield:

I own two sets of invisible shields from zagg. One for my cell phone, Pantech Impact P7000, and the other for my iPod Touch 4th Generation. The cutout for them were pretty accurate compared to other shield protecting brands such as skinomi's techskin. The installation process is easier than it sounds. It might freak you out that it is a wet install, but it actually helps position the shield easier than dry installs. For a dry install, you can get all sorts of dust/debris in while trying to position it accurately, but for a wet install, it can be placed completely off, and you can still position it without having to lift it off the device and attract surrounding dust. As for the protection it offers, I always drop my phone, and it is still scratchless. They are serious when they say that the shield heals scratches/scraps on its own. It really did heal and didn't damage my phone at all. This is great protection against scratches, but I wouldn't trust it with falls. It's not meant for that. You need a case to protect against falls/spills. Still, I recommend it over other brands, probably not for the price they retail it at, but if it's 50% off, well worth it.

Invisible Shield Dry - Too complicated for Apple iPod 4th Gen

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Zagg / ShieldZone - Invisible Shield:

You may have trouble applying this if you don't realize that the screen can get stuck to the Logo backing, which is exactly what happened to me. I read and read the instructions and squeegeed the heck out of the thing as the shield did not want to stick. Then realized that the actual shield/screen was still on the paper that it had asked me to remove in the first place. So then I removed it from there but it was too late as it was separated from the piece of plastic that it should have stayed with, and attempting to put it on while halfway sticking to my fingers did not go so well. Needless to say I ended up ruining the shield, so to the trash it went. If this is your first experience with this, then you have to be extremely careful to not just read the instructions but to also ensure that the shield does not get stuck where it shouldn't. So attempting to protect my first apple product did not work so well for me. Maybe a second attempt will work.

Works great. Easy to install, if you follow directions.

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Zagg / ShieldZone - Invisible Shield:

The Zagg Invisible Shield is an exceptionally clear and virtually indestructible film that will protect most cell phones from unsightly scratches. Zagg uses a patented plastic which covers and shields your device, keeping it as pristine as the day you purchased it. The precision pre-cut Invisible Shield applies directly to your specific model cell phone, providing the toughest, most durable protection you will find. The Zagg website states that the Invisible Shield has its origins in the military, where it was used to protect high-speed helicopter blades from dust, dirt and debris. They use that same technology to protect your cell phone. The Invisible Shield is super thin,only .2 millimeters thick making it the slimmest. It comes backed with a lifetime guarantee. So, if it ever does wear or scratch, Zagg will replace it for free, for the life of your device. If you ever need to remove the Invisible Shield, no problem; it comes off clean and leaves no sticky residue.

I was skeptical when I first bought the product.  My new Blackberry Bold 9700 screen got scratched the first week I had it.  Needless to say, I was a little bummed.  I sought out to find a thin screen protector that protected my screen without looking like it had a protector.  Needless to say, I wish I had bought the Zagg Invisible Shield when I bought my phone!  Works great.

Don't know what I did before this?

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Zagg / ShieldZone - Invisible Shield:

Absolutely incredible.  I use the Invisible Shield on my Palm Pre, laptop, digital camera and would wrap it around my car if I could.  This cover actually makes my phone better as it helps control the touch screen better.  I highly recommend this product for everything mentioned above!