Other Cooking Tools & Gadgets:
Zac Designs

It's handy and it works

Comments about Zac Designs E-Z-Rol Garlic Peeler:

This product really works, it peels the skin off garlic quite easily and quickly. You just put the clove in, press with your hand, and roll it. You don't have to get your hands sticky and smelly doing it by hand and if you aren't that good with knives this is a lot safer.

It sure peels garlic, all right!

from Pleasanton, CA

Comments about Zac Designs E-Z-Rol Garlic Peeler:

I love garlic.  It's probably my favorite herb; not even parsley comes close to the love I have for garlic.  But, like many people in the world of black-and-white TV infomercials, I have trouble peeling the cloves.  Doing it by hand is too slow and sticky, crushing it under the flat of a knife is a bad idea if you're trying to keep the clove whole (not to mention an inexperienced crusher may just end up with a big knife gash - owie).  So an item like this peeler is just what I've been needing.

Pretty simple use: garlic goes in, peeler gets rolled on a counter under your hand a few times, garlic comes out sans skin.  And for the most part, this works well; although sometimes an especially-sticky piece of garlic will keep a few skin pieces stuck on itself.

Luckily, the peeler is made of flexible silicone, so it can be rinsed and put in the dishwasher quite easily.  It may get crushed in your kitchen drawer, though: be careful!  But for peeling garlic, unless you know how to do the knife-smash technique, this is the best method there is!

Rinse it, and then throw it in the dishwasher. Quite simple, but I imagine cleaning it by hand would prove a bit difficult.

Keep it from getting crushed and it'll last a while. Don't keep it from getting crushed...and, well, there could be problems.

It's just a very basic silicone tube; not much to it at all as far as design goes.

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Zac Designs E-Z-Rol Garlic Peeler:

I found this product at local cooking supply store and purchased it right away as I had been looking for effective way to peel garlic skin for a quite some time. I once bought the already-peeled garlics but never felt like they were fresh enough and immidietely went back to buying regular garlics.

I did not realize until the next day when I actually used it that I had bought the solution to the problem! I did not need any practice to use this little tube to effectively peel off the garlic skin. I like that it takes a very little space for storage and drys very fast after washing.

I gave 4 stars because sometimes it's difficult to clean the inside (using a small head brush will solve this problem). Make sure you roll the tube back and forth on a dry surface otherwise the tube would just keep slipping and will not work. Otherwise, it's super easy to use.

I will be buying more for gifts in the future.