Other Yogurts:

Yoplait Whips! Yogurt

Pros

Cons

• Convenience:

Yoplait Whips! A Healthy Tasty Snack!

I like different kinds of yogurt, but I'll have to say that Yoplait Whips yogurt is my all time favorite!  I love the Chocolate Mousse, and the Key Lime flavor whips.  This type of yogurt is so tasty you wouldn't think it would be good for you but it is.  My whole family loves this type of yogurt and it's low in calories.  This is a fun way to eat something that is extremely good for your digestion.  For chocolate lovers like me, the Chocolate Mousse variety is a great way to curb my chocolate craving.  This is a light snack that won't make you feel too full which is nice if you just needed a quick pick up or some extra energy.  This is also a good source of calcium which is good for everyone.  There are some people who just don't like yogurt at all.  I would dare them to try Yoplait Whips and see if they would at least like this variety of yogurt.  I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a healthy alternative to a tasty treat!

Used to be a big fan of Yoplait but I did not like the Whips

I used to eat Yoplait Yogurts all the time before I discovered the wonderful world of Greek yogurts. I used to only eat the original flavors like the Boston cream pie, strawberry banana, strawberry cheese cake, and orange cream. But one day I was at the grocery store and saw the Yoplait Whips Yogurt. I decided to give it a try because it looked delicious, so I picked out the chocolate mousse flavor.

Although I really did like the other Yoplait yogurts I've tried, I absolutely did not like the chocolate mousse whips yogurt. I felt like it has a very weak and almost non-existent chocolate flavor. The consistency f this yogurt was not like mousse at all. It has a weird airy foam consistency that was not appealing at all. Maybe it was just the chocolate flavor that didn't taste good. Maybe the other flavors taste much better, who knows.

I just know that there are better tasting and more nutritious yogurts out there besides this one.

The Yoplait Whips in the Chocolate Mousse flavor has 160 calories, 105 mg. of sodium, 22 grams of sugar, and only 5 grams of protein. So it is not a very healthy yogurt. You aren't getting a huge source of protein and are loading your body up with a lot of unnecessary amount of sodium and sugar.

Flavor/Taste
I didn't like the flavor, taste, or consistency of this yogurt at all. I tried the chocolate mousse flavor, and it didn't have much of a chocolate flavor at all. It was too light and had a weird foamy consistency that really threw me off.

Variety
They have several different flavors of the whips yogurt. For example, they have orange cream, peaches and cream, cherry cheesecake, chocolate mousse, mango, and vanilla just to name a few.

Consistency
This was supposed to be a whipped yogurt with a mousse consistency. I thought the consistency of this yogurt was gross, and tasted more like a light foam. It has a weird consistency for a yogurt. It reminded me a lot of that foam paint that kids like.

Convenience
The only good thing about this yogurt is that it's convenient. It's small enough to fit in your bag or a lunch box to take with you. But i do have to agree with everyone else as well. I do not like the shape of the Yoplait yogurts container. It is hard to fit a bigger spoon into the container to get all the yogurt out. I know it's a signature shape they have but they should either change it or make it a little bit bigger.

Love the Whips

from Lancaster PA

Comments about Yoplait Whips! Yogurt:

I do not like yogurt. I thought I would try to start eating it again because it is supposed to be "good for you" until my doctor told me to stay away from it. well.. I still eat it and I LOVE the whips ! it is great for a light snack.

Used to be a big fan of Yoplait but I did not like the Whips

from Stroudsburg, PA

• Convenience:

Such a different texture!

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Yoplait Whips! Yogurt:

I really like to have yogurt throughout my day and when I saw the Yoplait Whips I had to go ahead and try them out, but when I opened it I was really shocked at how weird they looked! They have all of these little holes in it all over and you can see how light and fluffy that it is. Taking a bite of this was so weird in my mouth, the texture is a lot more like whipped cream but heavier than it is like any yogurt that I have ever tasted, it is very interesting. They make an orange dream flavor that taste just like you are eating an orange Popsicle, it is delicious. They have a large variety of flavors and they even include chocolate in there, it makes it like you are getting to have a great desert while still keeping it healthy and low in calories. They make these in the light variety and the regular so you can find the ones that you like the best. These are also great to freeze and have as a frozen yogurt snack.

Yoplait Whips

Comments about Yoplait Whips! Yogurt:

I really like the idea of this yogurt, but the consistency not so much. Unlike normal thicker yogurt, this is whipped so it's more like the cream that comes out of a can. They do have a ton of flavors and I really like the flavors but the consistency needs work. Whenever I take a bite of this yogurt it makes me think of watered down undercooked eggs. It's not super creamy like regular yogurt but somewhat bubbly. I do like that it's low calorie and low fat, I just wish they can make it feel less gross in my mouth.

Flavor/Taste
The actual flavor of this yogurt is really good. It has a strong fruit taste, not chemically tasting at all.

Variety
Comes in many different flavors and flavor combos.

Consistency
The consistency is way off in my opinion. It's almost like a watered down version of normal yogurt. It's not light and airy like you would think something whipped would be. I do not like how this stuff feels in my mouth.

Convenience
Just peel the lid off and eat. Very convenient.

• Convenience:

Very good and unique product!

Comments about Yoplait Whips! Yogurt:

Yoplait Whips Yogurt is by far the most unique taste and texture of any yogurt you will find on the market. If you would like the health benefits of yogurt but dislike the texture of traditional yogurts and the newer Greek yogurts, Yoplait Whips Yogurt is worth trying.

It's light and airy like mousse, and doesn't have the heavy feel on your tongue that other yogurts have. There is also no aftertaste, which tends to turn a lot of people off from certain yogurts.

It contains 160 calories a cup so it's perfect for that after dinner dessert without the risk of a calorie bomb.

Flavor/Taste
The Chocolate Mousse flavor has an excellent blend of chocolate, but the taste isn't strong like traditional mousse. There is the sourness of typical yogurt but it's not as strong as most yogurts.

Variety
Unfortunately, in every store I've looked, they've only carried the Chocolate Mousse version of Yoplait Whips. I know there are other varieties such as strawberry but I haven't been able to find them.

Consistency
The texture at first bite seemed odd, like I was eating stiff egg whites, and it was slightly sour. After the third bite, I grew used to the texture and found it quite pleasant.

Convenience
Very convenient if you have a mini fridge around to store it in or a dependable ice pack in your lunch box. This is not the type of product you'd want to keep in a brown bag for lunch.

• Convenience:

Yoplait Whips - the best yogurt on the market!

from Dittmer, MO

Comments about Yoplait Whips! Yogurt:

I am not a really big yogurt eater; but when it comes to Yoplaint Whips - I have to admit that it is my favorite. I love the texture, the flavor, and the taste. I love the texture - the way it feels when I eat it. It is like ice cream melting in your mouth. I really enjoy eating this product. The one thing that I dislike about the product is: when it is in my lunchbox for an extended period of time - the whipped texture kind of fades away. It doesn't taste the same as when you first take it out of the refrigerator. Regardless of this one fault - I Love this product. I buy this product about 95% of the time. The only other yogurt that I purchase is the Muller Fruit Yogurt. I do wish that there was a larger selection of the whipped yogurts. There are not as many flavors as the regular yogurts. I really can not eat an entire container of regular yogurt; but the whips I could eat two at a time. An excellent choice. It is convenient, packed in recycle-able containers, and delictable.

Consistency
Is rthe yogurt is not kept cold enough - it shrinks and the texture changes. It doesn't taste as good.

Entirely too much sugar

Comments about Yoplait Whips! Yogurt:

Although they are deliciously odd, I don't think I'll be buying any more. The high amount of sugar is astounding and way too much for my tastebuds. I'd definitely recommend this to people with a big sweet tooth. The texture is strange but not bad by any means.

Flavor/Taste
Though the flavors are quite good, the shocking sweetness is almost unbearable.

Variety
There is a great deal to choose from!

Convenience
They really should redesign the shape of the cup. I found it awkward to use a larger spoon.

A "sometimes" food

from IL, USA

Comments about Yoplait Whips! Yogurt:

I used to be addicted to these, they were the only yogurt I would buy. I would read articles online that praised yogurt as a health food that would help me lose weight, so I started eating 3-4 of these a day as "healthy snacks". Did I lose weight? Nope. Kinda hard to when you are eating 2-3 times the daily recommended sugar in just your snacks. I finally flipped one of these over and took a good look at the nutrition label and immediately decided to cut them out of my diet altogether. I'm glad I did. I have switched to eating plain, greek-style yogurts and I am much happier with them. I will occasionally have a Whip as a treat (they are killer awesome frozen, a great substitute for ice cream), but they are no longer stocked in my fridge.

Flavor/Taste
Love the chocolate or strawberry for a frozen treat.

Variety
Not as many flavors as the regular Yoplait, but a decent variety.

Consistency
DON'T STIR! The fluffiness is fun to eat, but if you stir them they just kinda melt into thin, drippy yogurt.

Convenience
Easy to find, easy to open. They'd be easier to eat if the carton wasn't a cone shape, but I don't see Yoplait changing their iconic shape just to convenience me.

Not the best consistency

Comments about Yoplait Whips! Yogurt:

I had mixed feelings after trying this whipped yogurt. I bought it to try and use it as a replacement for dessert. I have been watching what I eat and they offered a lot of dessert type flavors in this yogurt. I purchased the chocolate and strawberry flavors. The taste was awesome. The flavors were really good and definitely served as a good replacement for dessert. They definitely satisfied my sweet tooth in a healthier way. However, I was not crazy about the consistency of them. I did not like the whipped consistency. It just did not sit well. I am big on texture in food and I did not like the texture of the whipped yogurt. The taste is great though.

Flavor/Taste
The flavor is awesome. I thought that they taste great. They are a really good substitute for dessert. I just did not like the texture of them.

Variety
The variety is awesome. They offer a wide variety of flavors. That way it does not get old or boring.

Consistency
I did not like the texture of this. It was the down fall of this yogurt for me.

Convenience
It is super easy to eat as a snack or a dessert.

Go try this now

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Yoplait Whips! Yogurt:

I love yogurt, I think I've mentioned that in other reviews, but this one is too good. I already love Yoplait and so does the rest of my house so when I seen a commercial for this I was like I need to go get this. So when I went food shopping I grabbed a few flavors and of course a chocolate mousse one. I tried it first and it was as delicious as I thought it would be. It's not heavy, it's literally like a light airy yogurt. My kids who are extremely picky wanted another one after I let them try the first one and of course my fiancé loved the chocolate mousse. They really did a great job with this yogurt. I am definitely a loyal customer for the Yoplait whips. If you love yogurt, go try this. I've had whipped yogurts before that were very heavy and made my stomach feel like I just ate a pudding which sort of defeats the purpose. This is by far the best in you opinion. Thanks Yoplait for making a smart delicious snack.