Other Yogurts:

Yoplait Light Thick & Creamy Yogurt

Pros

Cons

Yummy Yogurt

If you are looking for a way to indulge in something sweet and creamy, but don't want the fat or the calories, Yoplait Thick and Creamy is a decadent blend of flavors and tastes so good.  I am a big fan of Yoplait varieties, but this line of yogurts tastes more like custard than normal yogurt.  Every spoonful is thick and creamy, and you will swear you are eating a bowl of custard.  It comes in decadent flavors like Creme Caramel and Raspberry Cheesecake and tastes great.  If heaven could be tasted on a spoon, this would be it.  The fruit varieties contain real fruit pieces and unlike other brands, you don't have to search for the fruit, iit is stirred in so well that you will swear you get a piece in every bite.  My favorite is the Strawberries N' Creme because it is light and sweet with chunks of strawberries.  There is no need to mix the fruit and yogurt because it comes well stirred.  Not only does this yogurt taste great, it is healthy too.  It contains vitamin D and is low in fat!  It only has about 3 grams per serving and makes a perfect dessert or snack in the day.  It is a little higher in calories than other Yoplait blends, but the taste is so worth it.  So next time you want to indulge in some key lime pie, you can eat it on a spoon with Yoplait Thick and Creamy and not feel guilty.

Yoplait Light Thick & Creamy Yogurt - just tastes okay

Every once in a while, I go on a slight healthier kick and stock up on a bunch of yogurt on sale at the supermarket. Yoplait has always been one of my favorites - the thick and creamy style has a thickness that I like, and each little container only has 100-110 calories. I usually go for the Fat-Free flavors, but since the yogurt itself is very creamy I don't really miss the fat (so I can still get that from french fries, but just feel a little less guilty if I've also had some yogurt that day).

My only disappointment is that the flavors are advertised as being like their namesake desserts (raspberry cheesecake, key lime pie, boston cream pie, etc.). However, you don't get the texture of those desserts, and the flavors are somewhat muted. To me, Black Forest Cake tastes mostly like cherry yogurt, Strawberry Shortcake is basically strawberry yogurt, Boston Cream Pie just tastes like vanilla custard, and Key Lime Pie tastes like a light citrus pudding. It's definitely not a replacement for an indulgent dessert, but it is a nice guilt-free snack for the middle of the afternoon.

Not my favorite

Comments about Yoplait Light Thick & Creamy Yogurt:

I love the Yoplait brand and try out their new products and flavors often. I tried this Yoplait light thick and creamy yogurt a very long time ago and I have not seen it on the shelves in a long time. I was not the biggest fan of the thick and creamy yogurt. I love the consistency of the original yogurt and always wished it was just a little more thick, but apparently I was wrong. The thick and creamy yogurt was just too thick for me. I felt like I had a huge mouthful when I really did not. I just felt like since it was so thick it was almost too much of a taste too it. I could never eat a whole container of it because I felt full faster, which I guess is not a bad thing. I would not purchase the thick and creamy yogurt again. I would rather just stick to the light or original yogurt. The taste was okay, but it was a little too strong for me. The thick consistency was too much for me. I felt like I always had a mouthful even if I did not. It may be perfect for others, but it just was not my favorite.

I love this yogurt.

Comments about Yoplait Light Thick & Creamy Yogurt:

Please do not discontinue this product. It is the only yogurt I can eat. It has the best consistency and I love the taste of it. It so much better than any of that greek yogurt.

Flavor/Taste
It is the best tasting yogurt I have ever eaten.

Variety
I would love to see more flavors

It was okay

Flavor/Taste
The taste was okay, but it was a little too strong for me.

• Convenience:

Yoplait light thick and creamy yogurt

Profile Image

Comments about Yoplait Light Thick & Creamy Yogurt:

I personally like the thick and creamy yogurts offered from Yolpait much better than the normal yogurts. They are less watery so my kids can eat these without having yogurt drip off the spoon all over the place. Since it's so thick it also seems to fill me up for longer periods of time. Of course being light it is low in calories and fat. The thick and creamy yogurts come in a huge variety of flavors and are great for a snack or you can add fresh fruit and make it a breakfast meal.

Flavor/Taste
I love the taste of these yogurts. They are a lot creamier than the regular yogurt and it seems like the taste stays in your mouth longer.

Variety
While they do not have as many flavors as the regular yogurts, they do have quite a large variety to choose from.

Consistency
They are nice and thick and creamy. I love these yogurts, they are less messy to eat and fill me up for longer. Great to give to young kids since the thicker consistency stays on the spoon better.

Convenience
Very convenient for an at home snack and also great for on the go lunches for work or school.

So Delicious You Won't Think It's A Light Yogurt

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Yoplait Light Thick & Creamy Yogurt:

There are some flavors of Yoplait that I know are going to disappear fast when I buy them but the Light versions never seem to have the same appeal. That changed when I got some hard-to-resist flavors like Black Forest Cake, Apple Fritter and Cherry Cobbler. I think the names were just too tempting for my boys to not try them out and once they did, they got hooked on them.

Since they are all pretty active they don't need to eat a light or low calorie yogurt but if it is something that they like then I will buy it regardless. Some of the flavors are hard to find and if you want the exotic ones like Apricot Mango Sorbet, Cinnamon Roll and Blackberry Pomegranate you are going to have to go to a larger grocery store.

In my area the only place to get the Thick & Creamy Light yogurts is Giant Eagle and if they aren't on sale you are paying about .75 cents a piece for them When I get them I do wait for them to go on sale and usually have a stack of coupons that I use too.

When I had the Boston Cream Pie the first time I was blown away at the taste of it and that it wasn't something that left a fake taste in my mouth when I was done with it. When I have friends over for dinner and know that they are going to be hard to serve dessert to because of dietary issues I grabbed a couple of the French Vanilla and Strawberry Shortcake yogurts and they really appreciate being able to have something sweet after dinner.

Funny aftertaste

Comments about Yoplait Light Thick & Creamy Yogurt:

I am a huge fan of Yoplait yogurt products and thought I would try to the light line of the Yoplait products when I was trying to lose a little weight. I was very disappointed with Yoplait Light Thick & Creamy Yogurt. I found that it was difficult to eat this yogurt because of the funny aftertaste it leaves in your mouth. I tried several different flavors and found that the aftertaste was present with each of the different flavors I tried. I would not recommend this yogurt to my friends or family. While you will "save calories" the aftertaste makes this yogurt very unappealing.

Flavor/Taste
The flavor of this yogurt is masked by the noticeable aftertaste.

Variety
There are many flavor choices for this yogurt. Unfortunately, none of the flavors mask the aftertaste.

Consistency
I did enjoy the consistency. It is thick and creamy.

Convenience
Yogurt is definitely a convenient snack! It is my "go to snack" when we take car trips.

I love the taste

Comments about Yoplait Light Thick & Creamy Yogurt:

The Yoplait Light Thick and Creamy Yogurt is very satisfying. During my lunch break, I like to eat light, but satisfying. Fast food can be heavy at times and salad takes longer to finish. Therefore, I like to grab me a cup of yummy Yoplait Yogurt. Not just any kind during my lunch break, I enjoy the Light Thick and Creamy blend. It goes down easy and keeps me going until my next break. Not only am I able to eat something sweet, I am also getting much needed calcium. I love it and will continue to use it.

Flavor/Taste
The taste is great. The flavor is definitely original.

Variety
There are so many flavors to choose from. It took me nearly a month to eat almost every flavor ever made.

Consistency
Yoplait has always been consistent with this particular product and its ingredients.

Convenience
You can buy this item anywhere. I like only but it from the grocery stores because it is always fully stocked and undamaged. It is rarely out of stock.

Too good to be light

from Nesconset, NY

Comments about Yoplait Light Thick & Creamy Yogurt:

Yoplait light thick and creamy yogurt is so delicious. I'm not even kidding, it's so good I was doing double takes to make sure the calories and fat were low. After my kids and I was dieting, there was only so much stuff I could eat and barely tolerate because it had no taste. I was always dying for something sweet. I try everything from tofu ice cream to other yogurts that were claiming to be creamy and fat free, they were not. Other brands of light or low fat yogurt have hardly any taste or any variety, this is the only brand I've come across that is low in fat and calories, taste like it is full of calories, is so delicious, cheap, and it comes in varieties I've never heard of before until I've tried these. This is definitely one of the best out there and I'm a loyal customer and will be for a long time to come. I would definitely recommend trying, especially if you're watching your weight or you just want a healthy alternative to your current yogurt.

• Convenience:

These are good but best if you add a little honey.

Profile Image

from West Virginia

Comments about Yoplait Light Thick & Creamy Yogurt:

Overall these have a good texture. They're thick but not chunky like some yogurt. They're sweet and tart at the same time but in my experience I like to add honey. I think these are sweetened with an artificial sweetener that leaves a little bite in the yogurt so I always add some honey or turbine spun cane sugar to spruce it up. I love the fruits in these but on occasion they are a little too mushy. Always be sure to check the dates on your yogurt to make sure you get the best value for your money. It isn't the companies fault but sometimes I see expired product left on shelves and it ruins the yogurt experience. This brand has a good taste, a good smell, and a lot of variety without being too expensive.

Flavor/Taste
This can really depend on the particular variety you buy. I like more fruity flavors usually but the peach in this was not a winner for me. It had kind of mushy fruit in the peach that didn't taste quite right. The real winners in flavor and taste for me with this brand were the blueberry, the regular, and the strawberry.

Variety
There is plenty of flavors to choose from with this yogurt. They have natural flavors, fruit flavors, nuts, and different types of flavors such as sweet and tart. It has a good variety to choose from and there's something for everyone who likes yogurt.

Consistency
The consistency of the yogurt is good but sometimes the fruit is a bit too mushy or syrup-like for my taste. It really depends on the cup of yogurt too because sometimes the consistency in the same case is a little different from cup to cup.

Convenience
These are very convenient for me. I can buy as little as one or as many as a case of these at a time.

Great Dessert Option

Comments about Yoplait Light Thick & Creamy Yogurt:

Yoplait has discontinued many of the light variety of Thick & Creamy yogurts as the product is no longer listed on the website with the other varieties but it is searchable. It is difficult to search for using the product search and it's not available in many areas.

Yoplait always made excellent yogurts and Yoplait Light Thick & Creamy Yogurt is no exception. This yogurt is an excellent option for a healthy dessert after dinner or for a quick snack. It has the creaminess of Greek yogurt without the bitterness that sometimes accompanies it. When you spook the yogurt out onto your spoon it has a custard thickness. Even though it's light, there's no artificial sweet taste to it and it's just as good as the original Thick and Creamy yogurt .

Yoplait Light Thick and Creamy yogurt is a great tasting and reasonable snack at 100 calories each cup. The original Thick and Creamy yogurt is 180 calories. It comes in several flavors. Vanilla and Key Lime have been the easiest to find for consumers. There is a large demand for this yogurt and for good reason, it is one of the best Yoplait yogurts and will appeal to those who dislike yogurt.