Other Yogurts:

Yoplait Go-Gurt

Pros

Cons

• Convenience:

Is that a Go-Gurt in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

Recently, I enjoyed dinner at a friend's home and they sent me home with an interesting treat -- the legendary ***Yoplait Go-Gurt Portable Lowfat Yogurt***. I had heard about this before but I have had mixed feelings about other yogurt novelties that I have tried and so wasn't sure about this. In fact, if my friends hadn't offered me one, I probably wouldn't have tried it at all. I must say that ***Yoplait Go-Gurt Portable Lowfat ***Yogurt was very enjoyable.

**WHAT THIS IS:**

***Yoplait Go-Gurt Portable Lowfat Yogurt ***consists of a 2.25 oz. plastic tube filled with smooth, pleasant tasting yogurt which can be frozen in its tube for including in lunches, picnic baskets, or just carried in a pocket. By lunch or snack time (so the theory goes), ***Go-Gurt ***will be thawed enough to eat, yet still chilled enough to enhance the flavor and render this dairy food safe.

This product is packaged in boxes containing two different varieties each including: ***Banana Split ***and*** Strawberry Milkshake, Cool Cotton Candy ***and*** Burstin' Melon Berry, Red Raspberry*** and ***Paradise Punch, Strawberry Banana Burst ***and*** Waltermelon Meltdown, Strawberry Kiwi-Kick ***and*** Chill-Out Cherry, Ro-Gurt Special Edition Shaggy's Like Cool Punch*** and ***Rawberry, SpongeBob Special Edition Strawberry Riptide*** and ***Bikini Bottom Berry***, in addition to what my friends had bought: ***Strawberry Splash ***and the one I tried, which was ***Berry Blue Blast***. This combination of Cultured Pasteurized Grade A Low Fat Milk, Sugar, Modified Corn Starch, Kosher Gelatin, Tricalcium Phosphate, Potassium Sorbate added to main freshness, Carrageenan, natural and artificial flavors, Blue # 1 and Red # 40 dyes, Vitamin A Acetate and Vitamin D3 produced a taste which would be sweet enough to be kid-friendly yet still refreshingly simple enough for an adult. The stats aren't bad either.

**STATS:**

Each tube contains a single serving packing 70 calories with 5 calories from fat. There is a half a gram Total Fat, zero each Saturated and Trans Fats, less than 5 mg. Cholesterol, 30 mg. Sodium, 90 mg. Potassium, 13 grams Total Carbs, zero Dietary Fiber, 10 grams Sugars and 2 grams Protein. Toss into that mix 8% (D.V.) Vitamin A, 10% each Calcium and Vitamin D, 4% Riboflavin, and 6% Phosphorus and you have a pretty nice, nutritious snack. (***Yoplait Go-Gurt Portable Lowfat Yogurt ***contains no corn syrup.)

**TASTE TIP:**

I will pass along the good advice of my generous friends, which is that ***Yoplait Go-Gurt Portable Lowfat Yogurt*** is best eaten when it is only partially thawed and of "smoothie" consistency. Alas, unless you work in a very cool room or can keep your lunch refrigerated, that meltdown point will come long before lunchtime.

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

I really enjoyed ***Yoplait Go-Gurt Portable Lowfat Yogurt ***and can recommend it with some reservations. As I mentioned above, the meltdown happens a little faster than I would have liked so that within three or four hours time, the product may have warmed up past optimal flavor or food safety precautions. I feel that the concept of the plastic tube is rather messy and wonder if just the regular Yoplait eaten with a plastic spoon might not be more convenient after all. (If you will have to refrigerate it after all, you might as well go with the regular stuff.) My final point is that I have a problem with any packaging meant for children or adults which can't be easily opened. ***Yoplait Go-Gurt Portable Lowfat Yogurt ***might be the perfect take-along snack for a hiker to carry in his or her pocket but when that person hikes for miles, sits down to enjoy the view, and takes out a tube of ***Yoplait Go-Gurt, ***he or she is going to need a pair of** scissors **to open it -- at least that was my own experience.

I have learned that these really aren't that great for kids!

I used to be a huge fan of Yoplait's yogurt tubes. It's just yogurt in a package so I didn't think that there could be much wrong with this snack. I was wrong. Although these are yogurt and give some protein and calcium they are filled with other junk. There is sugar, high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors, dyes and who knows what else. They have since made these in a Yoplait version called simply that are much better for you and your kids. I'm sorry but this snack is not healthy at all. I used to think these were great. I would freeze them like a popsicle and bring them to the park. Now I will go with another brand or at least the one that's called simply. I hate when companies put cartoon characters on products and add a bunch of dye to the product to make it stand out so that kids will be begging for them. These may be handy and good on the go, but they are not that great for you. I would not recommend these! They are just a healthy looking junk food.

It's part of the weekly shopping list

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Yoplait Go-Gurt:

We have been buying Yoplait go-gurt for as long as I can remember. Probably as long as they've been selling them. Since my kids could eat yogurt when they were small, they loved all the flavors, especially the cotton candy one and the characters that came on the package. It was also nice because it made them feel more independent before they were able to use a spoon good and a lot less messy. As they got older, they always asked for it and still love it. In the summer it is really cool because we freeze them and they have their yogurt Popsicles. Also since school season has started back up it's one of the easiest snacks to send them in with and has a good source of calcium. The only downside I would say is probably the sugar content. Obviously cotton candy isn't a real fruit flavor and not as nutritious as a regular low fat yogurt, but I limit the amount they have and it's not an issue. They're also good on the go when we have a lot of errands to run and instead of grabbing a bag of chips and making a giant mess in the back of the car, they can just grab a coouple of go-gurts and it is a lot easier. I am a big fan of these, have been buying them forever and continue to buy them. They're delicious and come in a lot of flavors not just the cotton candy. That just happens to be a family favorite, but there are plenty of flavors and characters to choose from. They're fun, quick, easy on the go, and my kids love them. I would definitely recommend. Just watch the sugar content. Great brand and great product.

My daughter loves Go-Gurt!

from TN

Comments about Yoplait Go-Gurt:

Yoplait Go-Gurt is an amazing product. My household loves to eat different kinds of yogurt for breakfast and for snacks. My daughter is three years old and makes messes with cups of yogurt, so we tried Go-Gurt for her and it was definitely a success. She loves it! She loves every flavor that she has tried. It is nice that they come in different flavors to keep a good variety. My favorite thing about this yogurt is the packaging. They are so easy to just grab and snack on. It is also nice that you do not need a spoon! I also love that when my daughter eats these for snacks, I know that she is eating something that is a healthy option compared to other snack foods. I would absolutely recommend Yoplait Go-Gurt to anyone with small children. They are easy to handle without making a mess and affordable too.

Yo plait is our go to snack!

from Stoughton, Wi

Comments about Yoplait Go-Gurt:

This yogurt is a staple in our household! Yoplait hit the jackpot when they came up with this brilliant way to package yogurt! I always feel good about buying snack foods for my kids when I can offer them something healthy!

Flavor/Taste
My kids really enjoy some of the Yoplait Go-Gurt flavors but they do not care for a few of the flavors. My major complaint about the packaging of this yogurt is that it comes with two different flavors per package, and of course my kids usually like one of the flavors but not the other. I wish Yoplait sold the tubes individually or at least with just one flavor per box. I am somewhat reluctant to purchase this yogurt because inevitably we end up throwing some of it away!

Convenience
The best thing about Go-Gurt is how convenient it is. It is extremely easy to take this product absolutely anywhere and it is virtually mess free! I love to freeze these tubes of yogurt and then simply throw them into my children's lunch boxes. It works well because by lunch time the yogurt is no longer frozen but it is still cold. It truly is the perfect on the go snack and I love that my kids are getting the benefit of a probiotic to help with digestion.

• Convenience:

I used to love this as a kid, and I still do as an adult.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Yoplait Go-Gurt:

I used to eat the Yoplait Go-Gurts all the time when I was a kid. I remember when they cam out, and I was about nine or ten at the time, and I used to have to beg my mom to buy them for me. I absolutely loved them. I have ate them since then, but instead of just eating them like the regular squeeze yogurt in a tube, I like to freeze them, and have them like a frozen yogurt pop. It's like a dessert but it's healthy for me, and barely has any calories. I like that they come in a variety of different flavors, but the cotton candy flavor was always my favorite. I've always loved the kids yogurts because they have better tasting and more creatve flavors.

The only problem with the Go-Gurt is that it's really messy to eat. If you squeeze it too hard it squeezes out quickly, and gets everywhere.

Other thn that they are a great on the go snack, and taste really good. When I have my own kids I will definitely buy this for them, because it's a great way to get kids to eat yogurt and start eating healthy young.

They aren't even bad for you either. They only have 60 calories, 30 MG sodium, 0.5 g fat, 90 MG potassium, 9 g sugar, and 2 g protein.

Flavor/Taste
Even thgouh the Go-Gurt is a thin yogurt, and can get pretty messy they are still decliious. I still find myself eating them as an adult. I like to freeze them and make a frozen yogur pop out of them. It tastes really good. They have a whole bunch of delcious flavors.

Variety
The Go-Gurts come in a bunch of different flavors like cotton candy, banana split, straw berry banana, strawberry kiwi, strawberry milkshake, and there are a whole bunch more to choose from. They have a wide variety of different flavors that even adults would think taste good.

Consistency
The Go-Gurt is very thin and runny. It can get pretty messy when you are squeezing it out of the tube because it comes out of the tube quickly.

Convenience
It's easy to pack in a lunch box or take on the go. You odn't even need to pack a spoon which is great because it's in a squeeze tube, and it's very portable.

Love these

from TN

Comments about Yoplait Go-Gurt:

I can honestly remember when these first came into stores. I begged my mom to buy them because they just looked so cool! Now years and years later my two year old daughter eats them all the time. She loves to eat yogurt, but these containers are perfect for her. It is much easier for her to eat these. When she has a cup of yogurt she tends to make a mess, but with these tubes she really never makes a mess. I love that they have a variety of flavors to choose from. I would have to say her favorite is the cotton candy or strawberry. I love the concept of these because they are so easy to take on the go with you. Also during the hot summer we like to freeze them and have them as a frozen treat. As a mom, my favorite thing about Go-Gurt is it is a more healthy alternative to other junk food snacks that kids love. My daughter chooses these over cookies and such. That is awesome to me! As silly as it sounds, the smell of the yogurt is just as good as the taste of it. I can smell it from across the room when my daughter is eating these.

Go-Gurt

Comments about Yoplait Go-Gurt:

Go-gurts from Yoplait is simply yogurt in a tube that you can eat on the go since it requires no spoon. I started buying these for my kids mainly for snacks and school lunches, but find myself eating them as well. They are surprisingly good, not super sugary, and very convenient. They come in many different flavors and quantities and some have characters on them, which my kids just love. I like that my kids are getting a healthy snack and they very willingly eat them. These have the same vitamins and benefits of regular yogurt, they are just in a squeezable tube.

Flavor/Taste
They come in many different flavors, from fruits to cotton candy. The taste is very smooth and yummy, full of flavor.

Variety
They have ones with different characters on them to make them more appealing to kids. They have boxes that come with different flavors so you can have variety and not get bored.

Consistency
Smooth and creamy, very good consistency.

Convenience
No spoon needed so very convenient.

So good Frozen.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Yoplait Go-Gurt:

Yoplait Go-Gurts have made it to where it is super easy to be able to have a yogurt and be able to carry it with you and take it with you on the go! They are so portable and convenient, you do not need a spoon and there is no mess with these. They are great for adults and for kids, my kids take them to school in their lunch all of the time and I eat them a lot in the car when I am in a rush and running late, they make it so nice to be able to have something like this that taste great and is so easy to eat. I love to freeze these for my kids lunch, it is nice because not only does it helps keep their lunch cold, it keeps everything good and lasts all day. They are very good frozen and it is like eating a frozen yogurt Popsicle. They make a lot of different flavors of Go-Gurts so you are sure to find something that everyone likes, they even have weird flavors like Cotton Candy. These are the best go to foods for something that is very healthy for you and also tastes great.

Good but messy!

Comments about Yoplait Go-Gurt:

This yogurt has some really good things about it. I started purchasing it for kids that I nanny for. One of the best things about it is how convenient it is. You just have to cut off the top of it and they can squeeze the rest in their mouth. However, I found it tends to get really messy. The yogurt can come out pretty fast and it leaves a mess on the table. It also leaves kids really sticky. Sometimes the convenience did not outweigh the mess I had to clean up. They do taste really good though. They taste like normal yogurt and are easy to pack in a lunch or on the go. I would recommend them. Just be ready to clean up some sticky fingers.

Flavor/Taste
The flavor is great. They come in multiple flavors and all taste really good.

Variety
There is a good variety of flavors. I am able to buy enough to keep the kids happy and not bored with them.

Consistency
The consistency is the same as normal yogurt. It is a little thin so it comes out of the packet pretty quickly.

Convenience
This is the best part about these. They are really convenient to pack for lunch or use as a quick snack for kids.

Great kids snack

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Yoplait Go-Gurt:

I have to say that Yoplait Go-Gurt is a staple in my household. My two daughters love these and have not disliked a single flavor yet. They are very easy to open and eat, even in the car. It is in a tube that the kids can eat very easily with minimal mess. My daughters have one in the morning and one in the evening for dinner or a snack.
I like to put these in the freezer as well. They pack very well for school lunches when they are frozen since they thaw out and are still cold once it is time for lunch. My girls like to eat them frozen as well on a hot summer day. They are are great healthy snack and tastes like ice cream.
This is one of our favorite snacks at home, and my daughters always make sure they are included in the weekly grocery shopping. They are very reasonably priced and coupons are always available to make them even cheaper. Yoplait makes a quality yogurt that I will continue to buy in the future. All of the flavors are great and you can even add them to a smoothie for a nice healthy drink.

Some Good, Some Bad

from Utah

Comments about Yoplait Go-Gurt:

Yoplait Go-Gurt initially seemed like a great idea, but since starting to use it, we have noticed some downsides as well. On the plus side, it provides a convenient and nutritious snack, especially when on the go (as the name implies). The tubes are big enough to provide a solid snack that usually satisfies me and holds me over until the next meal, especially since it is pretty high in protein and iron for a smaller sized snack. The squeeze tubes are also convenient because they do not require a spoon to eat them, as a regular yogurt cup needs. But on the downside, it can be difficult to get the last bit of yogurt out of the tube. On top of this, our younger children struggle with these tubes. They usually end up making quite a mess. So I would say that they are good snacks for adults and somewhat older kids, but younger kids would be better off (and less messy) having a regular yogurt cup or something else for a snack.