3.5
Yes To Carrots

3.5

Pros

Cons

Overall great for someone that likes natural products

Due to my sensitivity to chemicals I have to find a natural product. My scalp gets irritated and painful when I use regular chemical brands. My scalp feels very clean and cools the irritation. My hair is full of body and shine. It makes my hair feel  so soft that I can run my fingers through it all day and by evening it still feels very silky.  This product has been a great find. The smell is wonderful but not overwhelming. The conditioner is also very clean and makes my hair very soft and full of body. I wish more companies would start getting the idea that we do not want so many chemical in our products. Thank you Say Yes to Carrots for making this product and sharing it with us. I will not go back to regular shampoos and conditioners and risk getting a painful scalp again. It makes you wonder if it can hurt the outside of our skin what is it doing to our insides when it is absorbed into our skin.

I was very disappointed in the results.

I've tried to start using more organic products and thought that I would try this shampoo. I was disappointed in the results. First of all, the smell is kind of odd. It's not unpleasant, but  it smells a little like baby products, soft and powdery. All right, but not at all what I was expecting.  It left my hair feeling like straw and very frizzy, even though I used the Yes to Carrots conditioner with it. My hair also tangled a lot easier than usual, and it just didn't feel clean. I have long, thick, slightly coarse hair to begin with, and this shampoo definitely did not do me any favors. My mom tried it as well, and she has thinner, finer hair. It did not work well for her either. She's tried other organic shampoos that worked better. One thing I am curious about though, is how this line would work for baby care. There are several products in this line, all with the same soft, powdery smell that would be awesome on a baby, and they're really healthy and all natural. It's just a thought.

This shampoo is very gentle!

Comments about Yes to Carrots Pampering Shampoo:

I really like this shampoo because it if gentle and does not damage my hair. I started using this because I have used other lotion products from this brand and I really liked them. This shampoo is also nice. It has good ingredients to it does not irritate the scalp. It also washes nicely in my opinion but doesn't overdue it. It does not foam as much as the other shampoos so it might feel like it is weak but I think that is just a misconception. And the scent is not anything like a carrot so you don't have to worry about smelling like a vegetable.

This might not be as effective for very oily hair but for normal hair the shampoo is fine. It will rinse thoroughly.

The scent is not very strong. It does not smell like carrots in case you are worried about that. Nothing about the shampoo actually reminds you about carrots except for maybe the color. The scent is not so strong and I cannot really explain it in words.

Carrots are a girl's best friend

Comments about Yes to Carrots Pampering Shampoo:

My hair always looks like a hurricane hit it. It's coarse, wavy, thick, and dry. When I use the wrong shampoo, my hair becomes frizzy and completely unmanageable. At the recommendation of one of my friends who has gorgeous hair, I decided to try Yes to Carrots Pampering Shampoo.

Despite the bright orange color, Yes to Carrots Pampering Shampoo is quite effective and has a pleasing scent. It managed to tame and moisturize my coarse, dry hair. It does not have a huge lather nor do you have to use a large amount to get the job done. My hair turned out moisturized and non-greasy. I was able to wear it immediately without a ton of extra product in it. I received several compliments right away.

I also like that the shampoo is cruelty free, petroleum, SLS, & paraben free. The bottles are also made of recyclable materials and the company (Yes To) devotes resourced to help the community. I feel better knowing that my hair product comes from a more socially responsible company.

If you want great hair and to feel great about where it comes from, just say Yes and buy Yes to's Carrots Pampering Shampoo.

Very effective for taming dry hair in the winter.

Comments about Yes to Carrots Pampering Shampoo:

I was excited to try the Yes to Carrots Pampering Shampoo, but it did not meet my expectations. I use products from the Yes To line on a daily basis, and I assumed the shampoo would be just as good as all the others. It smelled so good when I first opened it, but when I put it on my hair it would not lather up. I assumed that is because it is all natural. Shampoos lather because of the chemicals in them, so it was understandable that this shampoo wouldn't lather. It was difficult to get the shampoo evenly through my hair. I kept having to put more and more on my hair to get it through my entire head. By the time I was finished, I felt like I had use more than twice the amount of shampoo that I should have. The carrot shampoo did not clean my hair at all. When I got out of the shower, I couldn't even brush through my hair. My hair was full of knots, and it looked horrible. I gave the shampoo to a friend, but she didn't like it either.

I wouldn't buy again

Comments about Yes to Carrots Pampering Shampoo:

I really like using natural products, so I decided to try Yes to Carrots Pampering Shampoo since it is organic. I have very thick, frizzy, color treated, long hair, and I didn't feel like this shampoo worked the best for me. It seemed to make my hair have a lot more volume, which I do not need! It did keep my hair feeling clean, but there were no other good effects that other shampoos have, like moisturizing my hair and keeping it shiny. I felt like my hair was dull and lifeless when I used this shampoo.

The shampoo also didn't smell amazing. It didn't smell terrible either, but it wasn't the type of scent I would want my hair to smell like all day.

This shampoo is also very expensive. I will not be buying this again.

This seemed to keep my hair clean, but it made it frizzy (more than normal) and sort of lifeless. I think it would be a good product for someone who has thin hair and wants more volume.

The scent was just average. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't great.

gentle product

Comments about Yes to Carrots Pampering Shampoo:

I have very long hair and so am always looking for a gentle shampoo that cleans my scalp well. This shampoo, and its corresponding conditioner, are my newest favorites. My scalp gets clean and is itch free so it doesn't over strip, my hair feels silky smooth and it smells great.

I have been using it pretty faithfully for 3 months now~ through a bitterly cold winter which is drying and harsh~ and my hair is super shiny and manageable. I do suggest letting the shampoo sit on the scalp a few minutes instead of rinsing immediately. This is because it lacks damaging chemicals which cause other shampoos to clean faster but also strip your natural oils {which causes itchy scalps and over production of oils to correct} My scalp hasn't been this happy in years. It also works really well in hard water~ I have been able to do away with vinegar rinses and my hair is easily combed right out of shower so it doesn't cause tangles and other things like that. I strongly recommend this for any gal {or guy} with long hair, those with delicate hair, and those people who have dry scalps that get tight and itchy feeling.

Yes To Dry

Comments about Yes to Carrots Pampering Shampoo:

I really try to support green products, as well as small and up and coming business. But I have to say Yes To Carrots Shampoo was a bit of a flop. While it got my hair very clean, it also made it fall out! At first I just thought this is normal, but after two weeks of use I saw a dramatic difference in my hairs thickness. I have pretty oily hair naturally so I was glad that it seemed to combat that at the same time as keeping my dandruff problem at bay. But at the cost of losing my hair at a steady rate was not worth it. So I decided to try washing it less to see if that would give me the desired effect without the loss of hair. All that proved to do was give me stinky hair with dandruff. I ended up throwing away my remaining supply. I can't think of any one I would really recommend this product to. I have heard their skin products are good but I'm afraid to try.

Yes To Carrots made my hair very clean, but it also made it fall out!

The scent is okay but not remarkable.

Effective and safe but not so "pampering"

Comments about Yes to Carrots Pampering Shampoo:

I've used several "natural" or healthier shampoo brands, and this is one of my favorites as far as smell and appearance go -- the smell is mild (not offensive and doesn't smell like a natural food store), and I enjoy squeezing out the pearly orange shampoo. It also rinses out quickly and completely, which I love. What I don't like is the way my hair feels after I wash it -- the word "straw" comes to mind. If you're looking for effective cleaning and a healthy product, just make sure to follow up with a conditioner and you'll be fine.

Awesome product

Comments about Yes to Carrots Pampering Shampoo:

I purchased this product on sale and I absolutely loved this product immediately, I used it with their conditioner and it left my hair feeling soft and clean. I feel it is worth to pay a little bit more for a good product. All their yes to carrots line is great! I use it even for my daughter for 2 years now

A mediocre organic shampoo

Comments about Yes to Carrots Pampering Shampoo:

I found myself switching to organic skin products out of necessity, and took to trying Yes to Carrots shampoo upon recommendation of a friend. The positive things I can say about Yes to Carrots shampoo is that it did, in fact, eliminate the problems I was having with traditional shampoos full of chemicals - I found that my dandruff was increasing and my hair was getting oily quicker despite changing up my shampoo/conditioner routine repeatedly. After about a week or so of switching to Yes to Carrots shampoo, that problem began to clear up, which leads me to the conclusion that the chemicals in most mainstream shampoos were causing (aiding/abetting) it in the first place - and yay, thank you Yes to Carrots for helping with that. Organic is great! Aside from that, I can't say much in an incredibly glowing way. Do I walk away feeling clean? Yes. But one thing I did notice in the switch is that I lost that nice soft, silky feeling I got with those other shampoos - you don't (or at least I don't) get that same luxurious feeling with my hair with this product. I don't know if I could pinpoint the exact word I'm looking for - dry? brittle? completely unremarkable? That's generally how my hair feels after a shampoo. Regardless, I am extremely grateful to their product for removing the aforementioned problem and haven't found a better organic shampoo yet, so I'm still loyal.

I genuinely don't notice any scent, but I also have a bit of an impaired sense of smell.

simplicity at it's best

from Canonsburg, PA

Comments about Yes to Carrots Pampering Shampoo:

looking to get rid of toxins in your hair care, this may be the shampoo for you!

I did not know what to expect when it came to a natural shampoo. I found it did not lather like other non natural shampoos I had used in my past. I kept with it and found my hair took it's time getting used to this new product. Most folks want things to work over night, but I found this did take a week or so for my hair to adjust and work well for me. I also read a review that said they thought this product was too pricey and I agree. That is why I gave it a good rather then a very good review. I usually stock up during a sale and look for coupons to stay in budget.

I read comments where folks did not like the smell and I was amazed. I thought/think it has a pleasant smell without being over whelming. I understand some folks associate that flowery smell with clean, but you are really smelling chemicals and not clean hair folks.