3.3
Other Wines:
Shiraz

3.3

Nice medium everyday wine.

Yellow Tail makes a very consistant product.  The Shiraz is a very drinkable everyday type of wine perfect with heavy pasta, roast, or just some cheese and fruit. I think it would go well with anything except a light meal such as soup, salad or chicken (unless you are a complete red wine lover that drinks red with anything - I am).  But, I would not recommend this wine with chicken or fish to the average person.  It is light on tannins, with a desirnable blackberry and oak nose.  Taste stays with you somewhat although I like a longer finish.  In all, very affordable and well worth the price.  This wine should be drunk in the next two years for optimum taste and enjoyment.  This wine is not meant to be stored for future use.

Sweet , overly manipulated , artificialy flavoured critter wine

This is probably the biggest selling wine in America and typifies the "Talk dry but drink sweet" winedrinker.Yellowtail has about 1% resdidual sugar and noticable additives such as Tannin Plus and other artificialy added vanillian character . These are added to many budget wines to give them oak aged character with out the expence of barrel ageing . Only Yellow tail takes it too far.So the varietal character of their red wines are lost behind the mask of sweetness and vanillia. If you are a dry wine drinker who spluges from time to time on a nice Napa Cabernet or Oregon Pinot Noir you will not like yellowtail.If you want a freindly label "critter wine" that will be a hit at your next BBQ with your friends with a less developed pallet , this is probably the best wine out there for that.Zac

I read the reviews, half are right

from Jacksonville, Florida

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Balanced
  • Big
  • Long Finish

Cons

• Entertaining
    • Everyday
    • Weeknight

Comments about Yellow Tail Shiraz:

The negative reviews are out of line. (Maybe they got a bad bottle?) The taste of the YellowTail Shriaz is mild but flavorfull. Nicely balanced. Even my snooty wine drinking friends (won't buy anything under $20/bottle), they come back for 2nds when we serve it as one of the wines at family/friends get togethers. In my view, it is the best priced wine for a daily glass. A real value !

• Pairs Well With:
    • Beef

Terrible

Comments about Yellow Tail Shiraz:

This wine felt like drinking crest toothpaste fermented in beer. It was absolutely terrible and ruined the evening. Do yourself a favor and avoid this one. I consider myself a wine aficionado but this shouldn't be considered a wine. Worst I've EVER had.

One star only because I can't choose zero

from Fort Riley, KS

Comments about Yellow Tail Shiraz:

I bought this based on reviews, but I have NO idea what must have happened to the taste buds of those poor folks. Many reviews listed it as "tasty", but I didn't realize the taste that they were referring to was "cross between cardboard and dirty feet". I drank half of one glass and decided that was enough. My wife took only one drink (after telling me that the bouquet itself was offensive) and told me you're going to drink that garbage by yourself. I declined and poured it down the sink.

Nice medium everyday wine.

from Chicago, IL

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Yellow Tail Shiraz:

So  I have tasted a lot of different wines with my dinners but this is the worst tasting wine ever!  My husband refers to wine as "smelly feet" and for once I would have to agree.  I would have been better off drinking out of his shoe then drinking this wine. It is just plain gross! Stick with what you know and skip this nasty so called wine!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

from Canton, MI

Comments about Yellow Tail Shiraz:

We love this wine! It's so mellow, goes with most food and affordable.  Unlike other cheaper wine, this one does not taste like vinager.

My advice for other yellow tail's like Saug. and merlot is to open it for a little bit so it has a chance to mellow out a bit.

Full bodied and easy on the palate . . . exactly

from Kennesaw, GA

Comments about Yellow Tail Shiraz:

Tonight I'm preparing a casual meal at home and decided to open a bottle of wine. I chose this bottle because it's new to me and let's face it the Kangaroo on the bottle got my attention. The review provided on the shelf where I shop frequently for a new experience left me wanting more. The [yellow tail] Shiraz '08's reasonable price was the clincher. Traditionally I am a loyal Cab customer, Hess being my favorite blend. When I opened the bottle I was skeptical that it would live up to the reviews, but this Shiraz is mild and spicy at the same time, smooth but full of flavor. I love it!

[yellow tail] Shiraz 2008: Full bodied and easy on the palate . . . exactly.

Not another jammy Australian?!

from Clifton, VA

Comments about Yellow Tail Shiraz:

Yellow Tail Shiraz is very jammy. By that, I mean that it is heavy, a bit sweet, and packs a lot of fruit and tannin. Of course, that is typical for many Australian wines, but Yellow Tail is a bit more so than others. I wold recommend this with very spicy and savory dishes since it will undoubtedly overwhelm your meal.

Full bodied and really well balanced wine!

from Lancaster, CA

Comments about Yellow Tail Shiraz:

Yellow Tail Shiraz is quiet a wine, it is full bodied, fruity, oaky and very well balanced, yummy with a nice big juicey piece of steak!! enjoy!

I would get this wine if I was throwing a party or have a nice night out with friends and loved ones.

This is a shiraz that I think would be a great starter wine for someone who has never tried a shiraz/syrah type wine.

Great full body

from Worcester, MA

Comments about Yellow Tail Shiraz:

Yellow Tail Shiraz is by far one of the better tasting wines I have found. It is not bitter, nor too dry. I have never experience a vinagery taste either.This is a full bodied wine that accompanies many types of food without taking away from or masking the foods pallet.

I would recommend this to any avid wine drinker.