Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
Yardley of London Lemon Verbena Soap with Shea Butter

Yardley of London Lemon Verbena Soap with Shea Butter

Pros

Cons

Yardley of london's savory lemon soap

from Georgia

Comments about Yardley of London Lemon Verbena Soap with Shea Butter:

Let me begin this review by saying that the smell of this soap is unbelievable. It smells absolutely delicious and it makes you want to eat the soap. This soap works well to even out the skin tone while ridding imperfections. The Shea butter component of the soap was the best because lemon products are usually very drying so using the shea butter in the soap actually balanced out the dryness, causing a very effective moisterizing effect. This soap definitely cleaned my skin really well and evened out my skin tone. I don't use this soap daily but I do occasionally when I know I wont have to be in a lot of sun. I would recommend this product to any of my friends and if you do use this soap be sure to apply sunblock to your skin so that the Shea butter component in yardley's lemon soap doesn't tan or darken your skin. This product is worth the purchase and I recommend it to anyone. It is very effective.

Yardley Lemon Verbena Soap smells great, but dries my skin.

Comments about Yardley of London Lemon Verbena Soap with Shea Butter:

Yardley of London Lemon Verbena Soap with Shea Butter smells great, but dries my skin. I bought this soap because of its smell. I used to use a Lemon Vebena body wash available at Bath and Body works. But that product was discontinued. So I have been looking for a Lemon Verbena soap.

This soap really does smell good. Great! Some lemon products smell so SHARP. But this lemon verbena combination has a very mild fragrance. It's bright, but doesn't "attack" your sense of smell.

So the first time I tried it, I was very pleased. It lathers well. It makes a full, rich, creamy lather when used with a loofah or bath sponge. So I was covered with a great smell and luxurious lather! That sounds great! But when I rinsed off the lather, I didn't feel lime my skin was soft and silky. It felt clean, but not smooth.

The best example I could give is the difference between a newly waxed car and one that has not been waxed. When you rub against the waxed car, your hand glides. But on a car without wax, it kind of "sticks". That's what my skin felt like when I rinsed off this soap.

I do like the smell and lather, so when I use this soap, I just have to moisturize more than if I use some other body washes.

I like this soap, but I'm not completely satisfied. I think there is probably a product out there that will work better for me. I'm still looking.

Another winner from Yardley!

Comments about Yardley of London Lemon Verbena Soap with Shea Butter:

Another Perfect Ten for Yardley. This soap is super moisturizing and rich. I really like the clean it gives and the genuine scents involved. I highly recommend this soap for any kind of skin, but I found it really took care of some of my dry spots. A great soap indeed! I always have a Yardley bar handy.

This soap cleans very nicely. No film, no grease, no yucky after-feel. Just clean and pure.

I really like the combination scents here. You have the refreshing, lemony verbena combined with the gentle, moisturizing shea butter and it smells great!

Lovely Smell But Dried Me Out Some

from Podunk, NY

Comments about Yardley of London Lemon Verbena Soap with Shea Butter:

Although not quite as drying as other soaps I have used, this soap is not something I can use on a continuous basis as it tends to dry my skin out a bit and cause itching.

This soap is quite rich and smells rather nice. It is a light yellow color similar to the color of butter. The label says that it is made with shea butter and citrus oils. I found a few more ingredients in it that I am rather surprised at such as talc. Using this soap is nice at first due to the fragrance and the rich feel, but when I am done, my skin feels too tight and it feels a bit dry and itchy. It is not as bad as some soaps, but I prefer to use soap that does not affect me this way at all. I have used Yardley soaps on and off through the years, but lately I am finding that they are not quite as nice as they used to be. These particular bars tend to melt more quickly in the shower than they used to. Maybe it is just the lemon verbena bars, or maybe I just got a couple of bad bars. INGREDIENTS FOR SENSITIVE PEOPLE WHO WANT THE INFORMATION: Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Water, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Cocos Nucifera Acid (Coconut), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Shea Butter), Petrolatum, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Silicate, Pentasodium Pentatate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Talc, Yellow 11 (CI 47000), Iron Oxides, Titanium Di

I used two bars of this and the first one was delightfully fragrant with lemon verbena smell that I loved to be around. The second bar I used was not quite as fragrant as the first one, but was still nice. I love the lemon verbena smell. It does not smell overly artificial like some do.

Yardley of London (made in the USA) dries and itches my skin.

from Northern, FL

Comments about Yardley of London Lemon Verbena Soap with Shea Butter:

Yardley of London's Lemon Verbena with Shea Butter soap is part of the Yardley of London's botanical soaps collection. The soap is made with citrus oils and moisturizing shea butter for what should be a nice cleansing experience. Mine was not.

The name might imply that this is an exotic imported soap from England. William Yardley started making natural Lavender soaps for all of London in the 17th century. Somewhere, in time, Yardley of London crossed the sea to be made in the United States. (Perhaps the name should be changed.)

I gave up using soap years ago, but, when a friend gave me a bar of Yardley of London Lemon Verbena with Shea Butter soap I thought I would give it a try. I liked the way it smelled but after using it for the very first time, my skin itched and felt taut and dry.

Investigating the ingredients of the Yardley soap I found the first ingredient to be Sodium Tallowate. Sodium Tallowate is made by combining tallow and lye. Tallow is made by extracting the fatty deposits of animals, especially from suet (the fat of cattle and sheep). It is often used in soaps because it cleanses and moisturizes and is cheap. It may also irritate existing skin problems and/or cause clogged pores, leading to increased blackheads.

I have fond memories of the way Yardley's Oatmeal Almond soap smelled and really wanted to like this soap. I am putting the bar in the workroom for washing hands and going back to my all natural goat's milk soap.

Lovely lemon scent!

good lather without drying

from Staten Island, NY

Comments about Yardley of London Lemon Verbena Soap with Shea Butter:

as i've been searching for all-natural, or mostly natural body, hair and skin products i finally came across this one and i really like it. i've tried many, many others and this is one that is soft on my skin and cleans well at the same time. when i come out of the shower my skin doesn't feel dry at all. i like the scent ALOT. it is very refreshing and calming at the same time, actually reminds me of some expensive perfumes, or even candles that are out there! i like that yardly has a trusted reputation and when i look at the ingredients, they are either all natural, or mostly natural, no harsh chemicals, which i like even more. i also love the price, it's always inexpensive, which held me off from buying it for a while because i though a cheap soap like that wouldn't be worth anything, but i was definitely wrong. for me it works really well and cleans really well and i don't leave the shower feeling like i have to instantly apply lotion.