3.8
Yard Machines 21" 158 CC 2-in-1 Push Mower

Yard Machines 21" 158 CC 2-in-1 Push Mower

3.8

Great Mower Yard man

This is a fantastic mower! Mine has the Large wheels in the back for easy rolling . The Honda engine is very powerful and starts first time every-time even if the mower has been sitting up fro months.You can Mulch cut  bag ( in rear)or throw it out the side.The much works fantastic and you cannot even see a blade of grass when you do this because, it cuts so small.

It has great gas mileage If I could say anything about this mower in the Con heading it would be . 1) THE  bag is hard to get off because,its in the rear 2) When you connect the side shute it comes off in higher grass . The best way I have found to clean it after use is let it cool then spray it with a water hose.

As said always check the oil and gas before starting. And change the air filter about every 2-3 months. After the first month tap the air filter out and get a stiff brush to clean it all out. Works fantastic!!!!

Worst lawnmower ever - and terrible customer service.

I was so happy to have a riding lawnmower. OK. Fine. It was the cheapie at Lowe's. The Yard Machine. Still, it was so much better than push mowing - to...Read complete review

I was so happy to have a riding lawnmower. OK. Fine. It was the cheapie at Lowe's. The Yard Machine. Still, it was so much better than push mowing - to start with anyway.

My Yard Machine lawnmower worked like a lawnmower to start with. I cranked it up. I drove it around. It cut the grass. I'm not hard to please.

The first problem I had was that the hood went crooked. It wasn't like I was bushhogging mountain land. I live in town. There are some uneven spots on my lawn, but I would not think my yard would make the hood get all warped.

That first year, the starter went out. I called customer service at the advice of some randon guy who said to get a starter. Somehow I managed to get the wrong one for my model (with the help of the customer service rep who was obviously not so helpful). The restocking fee was so high, it was not worth sending back. And, no one around here stocks Yard Machine parts. When I asked, guys just laughed. Someone said, "When it breaks down, you might as well just buy a new mower."

I had the Yard Machine for about five years before I pushed it to the curb on Big Trash pick up. After that first year, it was in the shop (which is big deal with a riding mower) at least every year and sometimes more than that.

Now I'm push mowing. I hate that. It takes me about 7 hours to mow my yard with an electric mower with a cord. Yes. I need to get something else. I know that. I'm still glad I trashed the Yard Machine mower. It was so unreliable and the customer service was so bad (on more than one call) that I'd still rather bust a gutt than look at the offending mower in my garage where it stayed usually due to not cranking for one reason or another.

This mower gets the job done and is reliable

from Brookfield, IL

Comments about Yard Machines 21" 158 CC 2-in-1 Push Mower:

I bought this machine at our local home improvement super store last year at the start of the mowing season. I shopped around and for the price this mower had as many features as the more expensive brands but about a third less cost. The mower started up by the 3rd pull all season last year. I think it only started with as many as three pulls only twice. The rest of the time first or second pull. You do need to sufficiently prime the carburator hence three pulls. Bag holds a lot of cutting. I have a corner lot and only have to empty bag 4 times. I wish I would have spent the extra to get a self propelled model, but this mower is easy to maneuver and is not super heavy. When I took it out of garage to start up for spring it started on 2nd pull. I am going to give it a mild tune up none the less. Parts for mower are cheaper than counterparts.

Super easy to start. Never more than three pulls.

Handling
If you have a lot of grass go with self propelled version.

Started right up after sitting for a long Chicago winter.. I hadn't even added stabile to gas and it fired right up.

Safety
Has a gas cut off bar that my older unit didn't have, but lawn mower safety is basically common sense.

my ten year old nephew has used mine no problems

• Handling:
  • Safety:
  • Engine Power:

Impressed

from Summerfield, FL

Comments about Yard Machines 21" 158 CC 2-in-1 Push Mower:

My last lawn mower sat too long over the winter. No matter what I tried, could not get it started. That left me with the task of choosing a nwe lawn mower; a chore I really hate.

I looked at a wide selection and decided that the Yard machines push mower had a lot of the features I was looking for and also had the best price for the amount of features.

Once I got it home and tried it out, I was very happy with my choice. I have a very large yard and a full tank of gas covers almost the entire yard. I had to stop multiple times with my old mower. The start up is super easy. I don't feel like I'm yanking my shoulder out of it's joint. It is very easy to push. I have a large section of grass that grows like wildfire compared to the rest of the lawn. By the time I got this mower, it had grown quite tall. My old mower would have to go over it slowly and a couple of time. The Yard Machine cut through it like butter. I would absolutely recommend.

Yard Machines 21 In mower is OK

from North Adams, MA

Comments about Yard Machines 21" 158 CC 2-in-1 Push Mower:

For the price, this is a good mower. Unless you can repair your mower yourself, buying a more expensive mower is probably not worth it as repairs and preventative maintenance will cost more than  just replacing it. But cheapness results in lower quality. This mower is less powerful than old 3 HP Craftsman mower it was replacing. Construction is in general good, but in places it is flimsy. I'm not a fan of the plastic carburetor that needed to be cleaned before it would start at the beginning of the second season. But an advantage of this carb is that it is simple to clean, though there are flimsy diaphragms that might need to be replaced. Maybe it is the ethanol added to gas, but my older lawnmower went for years without any problems. This mower also started throwing pieces off of the flywheel screen during the second season, which is an ominous sign. In use the mower feels heavier than it should be and the large rear wheels make is more difficult for me to maneuver.

You get what you pay, cheap!!

from Denton, TX

Comments about Yard Machines 21" 158 CC 2-in-1 Push Mower:

This lawn mower was the first lawn mower I bought in my life. I recently purchased my first time home and I wasnt sure what the standards where for lawn mowers but now I know. This lawn mower is extremely cheap compared to higher quality lawn mowers and because it's extremely cheap so if the parts and making of this lawn mower. I have had it less than a year and it the pull cord snapped and now has locked up. All less than a year. The cord was taken care by an authorized dealer which took a week to get it back and the recent lock up the lawn mower well it just hit its one year anniversary and its not covered under manufacture warranty :(  All in all this lawn mower machine sucks for a homeower who will be using a lawn mower for a while.

This Female Chooses YARD MACHINE Over Treadmill!

from Fort Gratiot, MI

Comments about Yard Machines 21" 158 CC 2-in-1 Push Mower:

We may live on a few acres and my husband owns a riding lawn mower but I insist on cutting the lawn every week.  I've always loved being outdoors and  doing yard work.  When I was a little girl my mom gave me a list of chores and my brother got stuck with the outdoor chores.  Never liked doing the dishes so my older bro and I would exchange jobs and I would actually sing while using the push mower.  I had a cute little figure to prove it too!  Near 40 years later, I still Love cutting the lawn for two reasons.  Because it's a job that you can do and the results stay nice for a few days and I get some much needed exercise in at the same time.  There's something more exciting about being out in the fresh air with the sweet scent of flowers blooming rather than being stuck in the house on a treadmill.  So I beg my husband to let me do it myself.  That's another story because I have a spinal cord problem but I assure him that it is just like walking anyways~Just don't tell my mom.   This is where the **YARD MACHINE 675 **comes in.  I love that I can handle this lawn mower all by myself and don't have to ask for any assistance.  I can fill it up with gasoline.  Pull the cord and every single time it starts up so easily.  The last few years I've never had a problem.  Howbeit, over the years I nearly spun a fit starting other brands of lawn mowers.  I consider the **YARD MACHINE**  my mower.  With this mower, all I do is guide  where it goes...the YARD MACHINE does the hard part.  The job takes me about 45 minutes to get the front done and the next day, I'll do the backyard.  So I am multi-tasking with the YARD MACHINE by making our yard beautiful and keeping my heart healthy.  Yes, I would definitely recommend the Yard Machine!  It's Tremendous!  Ladies~this is one sure way that we can excel at a man's job!!!!

You get what you pay for!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Yard Machines 21" 158 CC 2-in-1 Push Mower:

I have had three yard machine lawn mowers within the last five years.  The problem seems to be in the plastic parts.  These plastic parts seem to wear out within two to three years and they are very hard to get fix.  When I take them to the shop to get fix, they almost want more that I paid for it.  The rubber primer buttons not good for a long period of time either.  Under the motor casing, seem to have these springs that warp or get bent when debris hit them.

YARD MACHINES, ABOVE ITS TIME

from Erlanger, KY

Comments about Yard Machines 21" 158 CC 2-in-1 Push Mower:

YARD MACHINES ARE A LITTLE PRICEY COMPARED TO SOME ON THE MARKET BUT AS FAR A PERFORMANCE, THEY RANK RGHT UP THERE WITH THE MOST POPULAR NAME BRANDS ON THE MARKET. EASY TO HANDLE, GOOD AS FAR FAR AS SOUNG DECIBALS AND RELIABLE.I WOULD RECOMMEND THESE MOWERS TO EVRYONE.

yard machines are decent and dependable

from Griffin, GA

Comments about Yard Machines 21" 158 CC 2-in-1 Push Mower:

the yrard machine walk behind mower is not a bad mower for jobs that are to big or small they have good power and are adjustable in cutting height so you can cut rough grass and weeds or trim around little lawns or if you live in town and have a small yard also if you are a young kid trying to make money on your summer vacation to buy some you  really want ! they are priced nice too! your neighboors wiil envy you for having the perfectlawn mower to do the nice little jobs you and your family to do ,espeialy the kid in your family trying to make him or herselfsome extra money to buy something special for themselves or someone special .they have a good emissions control so they are good if you are trying to be a more green person they are also light so they are not so heavy to lug around and wear you out before your lawn or small job is done and the kids cutting lawns in the summer don't wear themselves out and do n't give up on  their suumer jobs that some people might depend on them to do

This lawnmower is great for the yard and your heart!

from Coweta, OK

Comments about Yard Machines 21" 158 CC 2-in-1 Push Mower:

As a woman, I am not crazy about mowing but having a push mower not only cuts my grass the way I want it, but I am also getting great exercise so I accomplish two things at once.  The riding mowers are okay but push mowers allow you to get closer to those little areas in your yard that the riding mowers do not allow you to do.  They are very easy to start, never break down, and work just as they should.  I have never had any problems with my mower and it has lasted nearly seven years so far.  I would definitely recommend it to others!

efficient walk behind lawn mower

from Franklin, TN

Comments about Yard Machines 21" 158 CC 2-in-1 Push Mower:

Our **Yard Machines Walk Behind Lawn Mower is really efficient in doing the work done. My husband uses it twice a month and it really makes our lawn neat and clean. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who likes having a walk behind mower.**