4.8
Other Mascaras:
YSL Mascara Effet Faux Cils Luxurious Mascara 1 Black black (Yves . Laurent)

YSL Mascara Effet Faux Cils Luxurious Mascara 1 Black black (Yves . Laurent)

4.8

YSL Effet Faux Cils Mascara is good but dries out quickly.

from Livonia, MI

Comments about YSL Mascara Effet Faux Cils Luxurious Mascara 1 Black black (Yves . Laurent):

I am a mascara junkie, I have tried most all brands and am super hard to please when it comes to my lashes; because my lashes are skimpy, tiny and light in color. A sales clerk at the store recommended I try a select made by Yves Saint Laurent. I actually have never tried a YSL brand but was excited to try it.

Yves Saint Laurent Effet Faux Cils Luxurious Mascara is very expensive and I'm not sure that I would purchase this again because the formula was on the dryer side which caused the tube to be used up very quickly. All in all I feel that this Yves Saint Laurent Effet Faux Cils Luxurious Mascara is a nice product but I have had other products over the years that work just as well (or better) for a lot less money.

This Yves Saint Laurent Effet Faux Cils Luxurious Mascara is a great product to define my skimpy lashes and it builds a nice length after just 2 coats. The color is very black and it didn't flake, crumble, fall out or irritate my eyes. I feel like this did alright for volumizing, but if the brush was a bit thicker it would add much more volume.

Ease of Application
So the first thing I noticed is the great lash brush/wand. The wand is nice and long and the brush has a nice set of bristles that aren't to thick and long OR to short and thin. Actually the brush really is a plus for me for lengthening, but I wasn't thrilled with the dry consistency of the formula; although it applied great (no splash out) but the tube loss it's usefulness after about 3 weeks.

• Ease of Application:

Love this mascara!

from Chino Hills, CA

Even though it is a bit pricey, I think this product is soooooooo worth it! I bought this from sephora using a 10off30 coupon which made it a little better but oh my! It looks like im wearing false lashes! My lashes become insanely long after just 1 coat and sometimes for a more dramatic affect, I will layer more coats on and wow oh wow my lashes look amazing! I would definitely reccomend this product and I have to many friends and family members. The color is also very rich black so it stands out so well. The one thing I didn't really like was how fast this dried out. I barely had mine for maybe a month (without regular daily use) it was already drying up! I would repurchase this in a heartbeat though!

The Best.

from Portland, OR

As someone who has sold high-end cosmetics, I have tried so many different mascaras. Without a doubt, YSL's Effets Faux Cils is THE BEST. It is buildable: the first coat is smooth and defining, and each subsequent coat builds incredible volume without any clumps! I have very thin and short eyelashes and always despaired of getting that dramatic look that I love. But it is very customizable and therefore very good for every type of look. Also, it stays soft enough that if you wanted an easy day look with 1-2 coats to change into a more dramatic look for the evening, you can just add right on to the top of your day look without any difficulty. While many think it dries out rather quickly, it is very important to change your mascara every 60-90 days or so (to minimize the bacteria and eyelash mites that build up with contact from the eye and breed in the tube) and it is meant to only last that long.

YSL Mascara makes my lashes look so long

from Compton, CA

This YSL mascara is one of the best mascaras that I have used.  I just recently purchased it a couple of months ago and I use it everyday.  I am about to purchase another one soon since it is so great.  This product not only looks great but it works and it smells fantastic.  This is the only mascara that I have ever stumbled upon that smells sooooo good.  I've tried at least over 50+ mascaras varying in cost and this one gives the best results.  Even though it is a bit costly, it is worth it.  I am asian and have short eyelashes, but with YSL, my lashed look 3 times longer then it really is.  People ask me if i'm using lattise or other types of enhancers, but it is all YSL that gives me this great look.  It doesnt clump up and it comes off easily with water without pulling off the rest of your eyelashes.  It is a definitely must try for every woman out there that wants to have nice, long, full lashes!