Other Detergents:
Laundry Detergent
Xtra
Xtra Sparkling Fresh Laundry Detergent

Xtra Sparkling Fresh Laundry Detergent

Pros

• Easy to use (4)
  • Effective (3)
  • Gets stains out (3)
  • Great scent (3)
  • Safe for delicate clothes/skin (3)

• Laundry room (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Parent (3)

Xtra Laundry Detergent: Super Budget Priced Brand that Works

Laundry detergent is a household essential, but some products, while certainly effective, are very overpriced. Today’s economic climate has made it difficult to manage finances and laundry care is one area where money can be saved. A good choice if savings is your goal is **Xtra Sparkling Fresh Laundry Detergent.**

**Detergent Commentary:**

Xtra Sparkling Fresh Laundry Detergent is a very fresh smelling liquid detergent sold in multiple bottle sizes up to 300 ounces. The product can be used for any water temperature and in high efficiency as well as regular washing machines.

Xtra Sparkling Fresh Laundry Detergent is a popular budget priced brand and of all its qualities, the price is going to be the one that draws consumers closer and convinces them to buy. The price per load is very cheap- one of the cheapest on the market- and this reason alone makes it a good choice for those on a tight budget.

As for its cleaning ability, I find it good, even if not excellent. I love the clean, fresh scent and I like its lathering ability. It doesn’t take very much to work up a good amount of soap suds and that means the product will last a long time. It can be a little irritating to those with sensitive skin, but as long as your household has no babies, there shouldn’t be any problem.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Laundry doesn’t have to cost a fortune to perform its job and Xtra Sparkling Fresh Laundry Detergent is a good example of this principle. It smells great, cleans well, and performs very nicely overall for a small outlay of cash that is sure to fit into most any household budget.

A cheap detergent that gives cheap results

I was disappointed with this detergent. I was looking to save money on my laundry care needs so I opted to purchase this detergent as it was a good buy. It seemed too good to be true that the price of this was so significantly less than a leading detergent in the same size container.

The smell of this detergent at first scent seemed okay. It smelled fresh and decent, however, once I used it in my laundry and poured it out of the container, it had a chemically scent to it. The detergents perfume scent is heavy.

The detergent itself is certainly nothing to write home about. The detergent seems as if it's going to suds up really well, but once the wash cycle starts to agitate, the suds disappear and the detergent doesn't give much oomph. After using this, I realized that I paid a little and got even less. The detergent doesn't leave the clothes soft, it doesn't offer much cleaning power, and it leaves the clothes with a light scent that isn't pleasant and doesn't last after a session in the dryer. My clothes came out of the dryer with just the smell of the heat from the dryer. I was disappointed. You do get what you pay for.

Highly recommended this product

from Elizabeth WV

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
  • Simple Instructions

Comments about Xtra Sparkling Fresh Laundry Detergent:

I use this product on a daily basis. We live in the country and raise animals. The worse smell is when we are around the hogs because everything starts to smell. It is not a pleasant smell. Clothes go in the washer flithy and stinks bad. When the clothes are finished they smell as if no clothes were around animals at all which makes me very happy.

A cheap detergent that gives cheap results

from West Virginia

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Heavy
    • Strong/Bad Scent
    • Weak Function

Xtra good for washing

from Edina, MN

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
      • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Nothing

• Cleaning

Comments about Xtra Sparkling Fresh Laundry Detergent:

Xtra Sparkling Fresh Laundry Detergent is a great product and I love the big presentation it comes in. It saves money and lasts longer. It is a great detergent for towels, sheets, blankets, clothing, shoes, shirts, socks, pretty much anything. Fabrics are left soft, fresh, clean and with a nice soft scent that is not overwhelming. It is also great for cleaning, whether you use it in the bathrooms, kitchen or floors. A bit of this detergent and scrub brush can go a long way and help to remove unwanted stains and dirt. Its a great buy and a good bargain for bigger families and you can buy it just about anywhere. It comes at a good price and lasts a long time. I would recommend it to anyone who does a lot of washing.

Xtra Laundry Detergent Beat The Best

from WATERSMEET, MI., 49969

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
      • Simple Instructions

Comments about Xtra Sparkling Fresh Laundry Detergent:

I helped my oldest grandson with his science project one year.
        We made sample stain cloths. We used various stain making products we found in the fridge and around the house. Then we took four different detergents and Xtra. We soaked one of the stained clothes in each detergent. Xtra by far removed the most stains. I was sold on Xtra. The proof was in the experiment. I have been using it for more than five years now. I still will try something new that comes on the market. But I always go back to Xtra. I really like the 166 load container with the built in pump.

Sometimes You Get More Than What You Pay For!

from Virginia

Comments about Xtra Sparkling Fresh Laundry Detergent:

Over the years I have tried a variety of brands when it comes to laundry detergent. I know the expensive name brand detergents works but sometimes it's not in my budget. When my husband was out I called and asked him to grab laundry detergent, but I wasn't specific on what I wanted. He comes home with this huge green container with Xtra written in bold letters, I rolled my eyes thinking why did you buy this cheap detergent? But I was wiling to give it a chance. I added it to a load, and surprisingly enough it wasn't watered down but a rather thick liquid. Of course I washed play clothes that belonged to my kids, not wanting to fade items that are worn often. After the cycle ended I pulled an item out that was soiled with mud and grass stains and 99 percent of the stain was gone. Wow, even my toddlers shirts which comainly have juice and food stains were clean. This detergent cost less than half of what I'm used to paying and cleans almost as good. Surprising as it is this detergent actually works!

Xtra is the best value laundry detergent

Comments about Xtra Sparkling Fresh Laundry Detergent:

I started buying Xtra laundry detergent when I was in college and on a very tight budget. I prefer Xtra over the other value brands. It is very inexpensive and the price is consistent. I like that I don't feel like I need to wait for a sale to buy this laundry detergent. While I would still prefer Tide or Gain over Xtra, Xtra is a fraction of the price of those leading brands.

The scent is okay. It is not my favorite, but it smells nice. The scent does not last very long. I prefer my clothes to be lightly scented even after being put away.

It does a good job at getting out stains for the price. My clothes always feel clean after using this laundry detergent, but I still need to use a stain remover on tough stains. It seems to keep my clothes looking new and does not fade the colors even after many washes.

I would recommend Xtra Sparkling Fresh laundry detergent to people that do not have a lot of money to spend on laundry detergent.

X-TRA money saved works for me.

Comments about Xtra Sparkling Fresh Laundry Detergent:

I gave this detergent a try recently. I liked it better than expected. X-TRA Sparkling fresh cleans and freshens for less money that pricier brands. The size is good. The consistency is not very thick. The smell is nice. I didn't expect the smell to be so pleasant. I purchased this several times.

This products cleans adequately. The lather wasn't very foamy. I prefer more lather but I will buy this again, This has worked well for me. I have experienced a good scented clothes washing with this and am happy I didn't spend too much money. I recommend this to anyone who is on a budget. Why spend more than you have to.

This detergent is highly recommended. If you have family and a lot of clothing to wash this could help you. The scent is not too strong. Overall my experience with X-TRA laundry detergent has been a good one. I am happy with this you can get more washing done for the buck.

Not so Concentrated

from Scranton, PA

Comments about Xtra Sparkling Fresh Laundry Detergent:

I thought that I would try this laundry detergent, since I got it on a good sale at a local drugstore. I'm open to trying new brands to see how they work in the hopes of maybe finding a good off-brand that will save our family some money. I would have to say that I'm a little disappointed in this one. Granted, it wasn't really horrible and it did do keep our clothes clean. But I was disappointed at how watery the detergent was when I poured it out of the container. It was much more watered down than other detergents I have bought in the past. It made me feel like I had to add more detergent to a load in order to get my clothes clean. Really, I just added the standard size cap full, but it made me wonder if I paid more for water rather than laundry detergent. Maybe it's just something I'd need to get used to. However, it did make me feel a little like I got ripped off. I haven't bought any more...although I can't really say that it didn't keep my clothes clean.

Xtra laundry detergent

Comments about Xtra Sparkling Fresh Laundry Detergent:

Xtra was always my go to laundry detergent before I had kids. I loves the scent, the performance always worked for the lower level of stains, and it always seem to do the job for a great price compared to some of the other brands on the shelves. I have used this product on and off over the last couple of years since I have had my son. I cannot use it with his skin condition; however, still buy it for my cloths alone once in a while.

Xtra seems to fair well for mild stains. I would not recommend it for grease stains, grass stains, or marker. I have not seen it work well with those types of stains, or in combination with stain removers like shout. However, for my clothes, it works well.

This is one of my favorite scents if I buy a laundry detergent with a scent. It does not seem to overpower me when I smell my cloths or towels or sheets when I lay down at night. I have had some laundry detergents what make you want to veer away from the laundry once it is complete; however, this is not one of them. I prefer this once over others on the shelves in the average store.

Not bad for the awesome price

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Xtra Sparkling Fresh Laundry Detergent:

I have used many versions of Xtra Laundry Detergent. I think they all smell good, not only in the bottle but on my clothes. Xtra Sparkling Fresh Laundry Detergent spells nice and makes my clothes smell fresh and clean. When I have large or heavily soiled loads, I use a little bit extra. The price is so budget friendly I can use a little more here and there and it's still a great bargain. I rotate between laundry detergents because I get used to the scents and can't smell them anymore. I do use the more expensive brands sometimes especially if I have coupons. However, it's nice to have Xtra as a choice when I need to save every penny.

Gets my clothes clean. I always pretreat stains with Shout or Spray and Wash before washing.

This smells good. It's crisp, fresh and clean. This leaves a soft, light nice scent on my clothes after washing and drying. The scent seems to linger on my laundry a while.