3.1

Xpress Redi Set Go

3.1

Pros

Cons

Good things come in small packages!

This grill is really amazing. At first glance you wouldn't think that much about it, but for those of you that do not have the time nor the energy to deal with the fuss of trying to make dinner with a busy and stressful life, you will absolutely love this compact grill. It takes the guesswork and effort out of cooking. If you have fussy eaters at home, you could make different meals on one grill. You can make anything from appetizers, dinner, to snacks and desserts. Yes, that is right, I said desserts. You can make cake.

Easy clean up, affordable, no hassle, the list goes on. If you are looking for something small for a dorm room, then this is perfect. It is so easy to use. I hate doing dishes, that is why I love this, there is no effort to clean it.

They make great gifts, whether you have never cooked a day in your life or if you are a full fledged cook. It doesn't matter, this is for everyone. I recommend this to anyone that likes food.

Xpress is poor quality

After watching the infomercial for the Xpress Redi Set Go I was ready and set to get going! Unfortunately this product didn't live up to my expectations. The worst part is the "non-stick". The unit itself seems to have a different non-stick than is on the insert pans. Even after following the directions and seasoning the unit, the interior of the unit started flaking off after the first use. And many things seem to stick to it even when I have sprayed it or used oil or butter. The insert pans are even worse. Everything sticks to these no matter what I do. The coating hasn't flaked off like the non-stick coating in the unit did, but I truly question if this is actually non-stick. It seems to be only black paint. Unfortunately I waited too long to return this piece of junk. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Please save your money.

Versatile little cooking gadget.

Comments about Xpress Redi Set Go:

The Xpress Redi Set Go is a nice little cooking gadget for making something quick. I think it is better suited for either a single person, a young couple or even a college student in a dorm. This probably wouldn't be great for a family, unless you bought at least two of them. It's just me and my boyfriend so it works well enough for us. I have used it fairly regularly. It's great for a quick fried egg, grilling a sandwich or cooking up some frozen hash browns. You can also reheat a slice of pizza, which is great because you don't have to heat up the oven and pizza from the microwave is not good. It comes with a booklet that includes some recipes and you can get additional inspiration from that. Really, the possibilities are endless. But like I said, if you are cooking for more than one or two people then there are better options on the market. The unit heats up quickly, it does get hot to the touch on the outside so parents be warned and watch your kids with it. In fact, I learned that if you keep resetting the timer to cook something longer (like the frozen hash browns) it gets so hot that the black plastic timer knob will melt so that is one draw back. But it still works, I just have to time things myself now. The spatula tool works well. The non-stick coating is good but scratches easily so do not use any metal or sharp utensils on it. It cleans easily, just let it cool a bit and wipe it out with a damp paper towel.

Heats quickly and evenly.

My timer knob melted so I have no knob but it still works. The non-stick coating scratches easily.

Just wipe it out with a damp paper towel.

Turn it on, put something in it and set the timer. Pretty easy.

Garbage Garbage Garbage

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Xpress Redi Set Go:

Sometimes I think I might have s touch of insomnia. Late at night when a bout hits me I often end up getting sucked into infomercials. I've watched them all, Shark, Wen, the set it and forget it rotisserie, And this piece of junk: the Xpress Redi Set Go.
I'm not s kitchen whiz. I really wish I was, but let's be honest here I'm not winning any awards for my cooking. I have a few things I make well and frankly, that's about it. I like to try, but cooking is hard! When I see kitchen gadgets like this I'm often skeptical, but this seemed so easy even I could do it well! The infomercial makes it look like a well made and invaluable piece of kitchen equipment. I should have know better.
This thing basically fell apart the first time I used it. I tried to follow the directions about "seasoning" it, which frankly always sounds kind of gross to me. The non-stick coating began to flake off the first time I used the thing.
Gross. I don't know what chemicals go into making that coating but I do know I don't want my family ingesting them. This went in the trash. My loss. Buyer beware.

not worth the money

from MA

Comments about Xpress Redi Set Go:

I got suckered into buying one of these after watching their very appealing infomercials non stop on tv when I was laid up with a broken ankle . The food really looked good and appetizing and it seemed like it was super easy to use . SO , I pulled out the credit card and ordered one .
When it arrived ,I dived right in and decided to make an omelet . I was less than impressed . The surface was not really nonstick as it appeared to glide right out of the pan on tv - I had a more difficult time and some of the eggs stuck to the surface .
The omelet did not taste as good as if I had cooked it in a plan old non stick frying pan .

I tried several other recipes included with the set and they were ok but nothing special .The sandwiches did not have a grilled taste - it reminded me of an old donut maker I once bought . The texture and crispness were " off" cooking with this little appliance .

I am not usually one to buy an " as seen on tv " product " but this one really called my name .It is not a horrible product - it cooks decently though not as well at all as it appeared on tv.
It was not really worth the money and I rarely have used it after the first few times being disappointed in the results .

Stay away

Terrible Item

I only have this item because it was gifted to me by a friend who loves the As Seen on TV commericials. The problem with this one is that it works horribly and I had to double check the infomericial myself to see what all the fuss was.

The reason why this is a terrible item is that the quality of the material is quite poor. If you use this yourself, you will notice that the coating itself will wear off and start to peel, even after 5 uses. Aside from that, the red coating itself also flakes off, so you know that this item is terrible. The non stick coating also comes off when you try to wash it yourself.

Everything sticks while you cook, which is strange because the coating should be non stick. It doesn't do what it claims to do, cooking meats is terrible as well because it would not cook evenly and the meat gets stuck to the grill.

What can I say. This item is junk, customer service does not offer a refund at all. Unit stops working after several uses, everything else is a negative.

cute little thing, but not worth buying

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Xpress Redi Set Go:

I admit it, I am a sucker for those "as seen on tv" items, but I am still skeptical and only order the ones that I think really look like a good investment. They always make them look so nice and want you to think you can't live without it. When I saw the Xpress Redi Set Go infomercial, I really wanted to try it. So my husband ordered it for me. It was not expensive at all and I thought we were getting a bargain. It is a cute little machine, but I was very disappointed in the quality. Although it is supposed to have a non stick coating, everything stuck to it. And the non stick coating started peeling off after just a couple of uses. And although the spatula that came with it is designed to not scratch the surface of the unit, it really doesn't matter because of the coating peeling off. And it is really hard to clean because everything sticks to it. The creators of this had some great ideas for an extremely versatile little grill, but the actual design of the finished product was completed very badly. I am thankful that it came with a money back guarantee. We returned it and had out money refunded. I do not recommend this product.

do not buy this.

from hastings, FL

Comments about Xpress Redi Set Go:

When I first received this as a gift it looked very neat. I was excited to try it out. Seemed to work well for heating small amounts of soup, eggs or anything with liquid in it. I honestly really hoped this would be a great addition to my kitchen items. You can buy different burner grates for different foods and utensils. It also has a timer on the knob. I noticed right away it seemed very light and probably not very durable. the teflon started chipping off the grates after just a few simple washes and that right there told me I wouldn't be using it again. The concept is great but the end result did not work out well. Please do not buy this item as consuming teflon can be very dangerous. I would not spend my money or time on this info commercial scam. You have to also pay extra to get the extra grates that the non stick material also starts chipping off of right way. My advice save your money do not buy this garbage.

Great idea but design is poor

Comments about Xpress Redi Set Go:

When I first saw this I thought the idea was wonderful and I instantly wanted one, but the price tag made me avoid it (when I saw it, it was about 100.00. I rarely give above 70 for anything). When I found it on sale at a shop, I snatched it up. While the setup works wonderfully, it cooks as it says it does, there are more reasons you should not buy it than you should.

First of all, the unit gets hot on the outside. Not hot like a waffle iron or a grill. Obviously if it cooks it's going to get hot. I mean a good 200+ degrees hot.

After three uses, the timer broke. After one use the unit started to stick. The machine itself is flimsy and definitely nothing like what is shown on the commercial. In fact, it reminds me of something that would go right along with the easy bake oven. You're like a kid using it. One or two recipes then it just sits around gathering dust until you donate it or throw it away.

I do not recommend buying this. Overall it's a piece of junk.

Works good the first few times but then everythign sticks.

Timer broke after a few uses.

Even very poor doesn't begin to talk about the troubles cleaning this unit. You can't submerge the unit in water, and washing it by hand scrapes the poorly made pans.

It is easy to use. I can give it that much.

Xpress Redi Set Go doesn't always cook food thoroughly

from Arlington, TX

Comments about Xpress Redi Set Go:

I can't be the only who think that Xpress Redi Set Go is a dumb name. I remember years ago, I would see this infomercial just about everywhere on TV and my mom caved in and bought one. I have always had a dislike for this 'press'. I don't even know what to call this device. Anyway, the Redi Set Go says that it can replace many of the kitchen appliances, which is not true in my opinion. However, it is very versatile and if you don't care that all your food looks like a semi circle, then it works fine. I would not try to cook raw meat on the Redi Set Go because for instance, chicken breast, will not be cooked thoroughly like omelets will. This is because it sears the outside while leaving the inside raw. There are just some things that will simply not work on this device. I have made pancakes, pizzas, and brownies on the Redi Set go and they turned out fine. I would say that you can cook a variety of things, but it's also kind of limited. Personally, I think that it is easy to clean because it's non-stick. I usually just wash it with a little soap and water and I'm done. It's no hassle and great for when I'm feeling lazy. If you are an experienced cook, stay away from the Xpress Redi Set Go.

Xpress Redi Set Go Is Good If You Like Gadgets

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Xpress Redi Set Go:

My husband knows that I love kitchen gadgets so he decided to buy me the Xpress Redi Set Go for a present. I had seen the infomercials and was interested in trying it out. All in all I would say that I was pleased with the products, though I did have a few issues.

One of the things I liked best about this product was the fact that it didn't heat up my kitchen. We don't have air conditioning and our part of the country can get brutally hot during the summer months. This was a great product to use if I wanted to make a quick lunch or dinner without having to use the oven. Also I liked the fact that the plates come out, making this relatively easy to use.

The one thing I really didn't like however is the fact that things took a lot longer to cook then it said in the recipe book. Things would get nice and brown on the outside, but the inside would still be raw.

I would say this is a fun little cooker to get if you enjoy trying out gadgets or if you cook a lot for yourself and nobody else (it really doesn't make enough at a time to feed more than 2 people). It is pretty inexpensive too and doesn't take up a lot of room if space is an issue for you as well.

Surprisingly Great!

Comments about Xpress Redi Set Go:

My dad is big on watching infomercials. He got me this Xpress Redi a few years ago for Christmas and at first I didn't know what to think. I really did not think it was going to be that great, but I was definitely wrong!

I use this thing ALL the time! Any time I want a quick (and non-greasy!) quesadilla, all I have to do in pop in a tortilla and cheese! It also crispens the tortilla! I've made tuna "puffs" (just tuna, instant mashed potatoes, and an egg!), huevos rancheros, small cakes- all sorts of things! And the little recipe book it comes with is actually quite helpful.
The other fantastic thing about this product is how easy it is to clean. It's nonstick and seriously, nothing sticks to it. Pretty much one soapy wipe gets it clean.

The only thing that kept this from being a 5-star product is that the durability is not that great. After less than a year the nonstick coating started getting scratched up.