3.3

3.3

Pros

Cons

• Battery Life:

Everything you want to hear!

Two years ago, my husband stopped to look at the satellite radio display in a local retail store. He read the information, and told me that it sounded like a good idea. We spoke to several of his friends who have XM radio, and they all recommended it highly. Since it was in the fall of the year, I said nothing more to my husband about it, but waited until I went to town without him and bought the Delphi Roady 2 Satellite Receiver. I then came home and contacted XM radio to activate my subscription. Christmas morning, my dear husband was overjoyed to unwrapped the Delphi reciever, and he set it up within minutes. He spent most of the day sitting at the computer, playing solitaire and listening to his satellite radio. My husband still tells everyone he meets about how great XM radio is, and how much he has enjoed it. This Christmas will be two years, and the joy of this particular present has never worn off.

WORST Customer Service Ever!!!!

So I'm on email number 5 of getting the SAME form letter every time to simply remove only 1 of the 3 radios on my account.  I live outside the US so I called in January to remove the one radio.  After a 20 minute phone call, I thought I was all set.  Nope.  I continue to email - to plead to have only one of the radios removed.  Instead the customer service people continue to send me the same form letter to tell me I have to call a US toll free number in their hours of business operation.

I am so thoroughly disguised with the service that I am now going to completely close my account.  And I'm going to use every and all available online media to let as many other consumers know what a complete rip off XM Radio is.  Total sham of customer service and their billing system is a complete and utter rip off.  STAY AWAY !!

Not exactly commercial-free but still good

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about XM Satellite Radio:

Sirius/XM satellite radio does the job well. There are dozens of channels to choose from if your terrestrial radio is getting annoying. But it's not exactly all commercial free.

Sound Quality
The sound is either great or not on. So many things can affect the sound such as antenna placement and FM transmission. If something is amiss, you hear nothing.

If my antenna is in the right place, I have very few performance issues. Every once in awhile there's a delay between channel changes or displaying the lineup. But it's not a continuous issue.

Battery Life
I don't use a battery for this satellite radio. My speaker unit has that option but I haven't needed it yet.

I've had Sirius XM for four years with no problems.

Depending on your radio model, this is pretty easy to use overall. However, you need to learn how to pull the menu categories to make channel selection go faster. Otherwise it can be annoying trying to pick the one you want. Also, the presets are handy- there are 10 of them available. I usually pick a different preset by category.

I have the Onyx version so it's design is a little tricky. There are so many different cars so it doesn't attach the same for each one. Mine is on an AC vent and there's no way to hide all the wires without drilling into my car b/c of how the outputs are layed out on the radio unit. However, there is so much wire available you can do some nifty tucking to avoid snags.

Good Alternative to Standard AM-FM Radio

Comments about XM Satellite Radio:

I bought a Chevrolet Cobalt four years ago and the XM Satellite radio was part of the car at time of purchase. XM Satellite offered a variety of good options with sports, music , talk, and advice shows. However, XM replayed programs and did not often offer various news programs. A major problem that I had with XM was the reception. Even if I drove under a short bridge or structure, the XM reception would fade out and return a short time later. Also, I had to pay for the XM service, which should have free for the warranty life of the car.

Sound Quality
The sound quality was very good and clear.

The performance was good but it tended to fizzle out and fade out with crossing underpasses and small structures.

Battery Life
The battery life was very lengthy and dependable. This was not an issue.

I used it for several years and had no technical issues with the radio.

Some of the corner buttons were confusing to use but in general, the face of the unit was self-explanatory.

A very clean and simple design. Most of the buttons were easy to use and program your favorite shows.

• Battery Life:

I like the product, but it needs improvement.

Comments about XM Satellite Radio:

There are a lot of pros to satellite radio. You can listen to your favorite stations anywhere. The price is reasonable, and there is a wide variety of stations. There are some cons. The website is not easy to use, and customer service is not great. They also juggle channels to fit all of their sports content. They cancelled book radio and made it some sot of farming channel. What's up with that?

Sound Quality
Good sound quality on the music stations. The sound on all other stations is compressed, but most people won't notice.

Works well 95% of the time.

N/A

This is one of my complaint areas. It would be great if Sirius/XM would make the radio manufaturers standardize the process. Each radio is different and has different features and drawbacks. that can be some what annoying.

• Battery Life:

Cannot Cancel, Double Bill, auto renew, surprise charges!

Comments about XM Satellite Radio:

Horrible company. Cannot cancel. Double bills, raises rates, autorenews without permission, etc etc.

Frighteningly long runaround on the phone. No cancellation confirmation despite requests and a billion excuses. Frequently a 1h+ phone call to get nowhere.

If you put a stop payment on the account (that you didn't authorize to begin with) they will send you to a collections agency.

Relentless telemarketers even when you are subscribed and payed up.

DO NOT GIVE THESE JERKS YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER. YOU WILL REGRET IT! If you don't believe me, read other reviews regarding XM radio. There is a class action suit in the US for the aforementioned issues.

They simply DO NOT let you cancel and charge whatever they want, sometimes twice.

• Battery Life:

Don't believe all the bad press...

Comments about XM Satellite Radio:

I have had XM radio for nearly three years. The quality is exceptional, and I love the variety it affords me.

The main reason I have opted to review the radio is in regards to some of the complaints leveled against their customer service. While I can certainly understand that some people have had difficult times, that is not always the case, nor has it been my particular case. Everyone I have spoken to over the phone has been remarkably pleasant, and is always willing to do whatever they can to help.

Please, do not miss out on being able to listen to a wide array of stations based on a few individuals experiences.

Battery Life
(I use XM via the built in functionality of my car's factory radio.)

See the previous comment.

• Battery Life:

Good product worst service!

WORST Service Ever!!

Unless you plan to always pay for it I do NOT recomend that you consider setting up an account with this company. If you can no longer afford to keep it they will bill you anyways. They make you jump through hoops just to talk to someone who will treat you like dirt if you need to have it cancelled! Do NOT give them your credit card info otherwise they will bill you at will! They will keep you info of of your checks and take from your account as well! I suggest gettin an ipod, it is way safer!

• Battery Life:

Buggy whip industry idea in a smartphone app-laden world.

Comments about XM Satellite Radio:

What a waste of money? Everything on XM is available on a smartphone for free and can be personalized to individual tastes. AUX jack in your car/ plug into earphone jack on phone/select app for music or anything else you want to listen to and then personalize it with your favorite music, talk, comedy, etc.
Want traffic? Fine! There is an app for that that also alerts drivers to red light cameras and police activity.
Why not put a buggy whip in new cars? Just as useful as sticking an XM radio in, adjusting the price and claiming it is free with the car.

Sound Quality
As good as your car sound system.

Like a genre of music? Find it and then have to listen to sounds and songs you dislike while waiting for something you do like. Same as AM/FM without commercials....sometimes.

Customer service non-existant

from Hamburg, NY

Comments about XM Satellite Radio:

Where do you begin listing all of the negatives with XM radio customer service?

Customer service people who do not speak English.

Being put on hold for nearly an hour while "waiting for the next available representative".

Person you're speaking with can't resolve the problem.

When issue can't be resolved, you're thrown back into the queue to wait another 30 minutes (if you're lucky) until someone hopefully answers your call......

Hiden fees.

I doubt that I'll ever see a refund for the unused portion of my subscription due to me after canceling my service.

XM customer service is the worse that I've ever dealt with.

XM sucks! Period!

Sound Quality
You can't beat the sound quality that XM provides, but if you have an issue, where do you go for assistance.

Taking into account the whole XM experience, the negatives with customer service defeat any positives of the rest of the XM service.

n/a

n/a

Ease of contacting customer service? What customer service????

If you consider the "design" of making customer service difficult, they hit a home run.

• Battery Life:

The best radio Iv'e ever heard

from Florence, AZ

Comments about XM Satellite Radio:

XM Radio is Great.  They Have Baseball all season long, and for a yankees fan, that is just awesome.  I am also still stuck in the 80's, so the xm bone yard, and 80's channel are great for me.  I was also very pleased to hear that they had a Chanukkah Channel.  The only one thing that I don't like is that there is only one Big East Channel, and I am a UCONN Fan, so it makes it kind of hard to listen to the basketball games.

one of the best radio programs on the market

from Finley, TN

Comments about XM Satellite Radio:

If you rlooking for a exciting alternative to your everyday radio use, try the xm radio, it has hundreds of channels to meet anyones media use, a great product to use if your going on a long trip or any other road trip, will keep you infromed on road conditions from a station in whatever city you may be located in .