4.9

Cons

i love the IKON

from Damascus, MD

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Comfortable Grip
  • Dishwasher Safe
  • Easy To Clean
  • Quality Construction
  • Stays Sharp

Cons

• Gifts
    • Meat

the IKON is the best knife you can get for under $150
    it is very comfortable, and gives u nice control

Love them

Comments about Wusthof Knives:

I would call myself a curious home cook, with way too much stuff in the kitchen, who really wants clean countertops. My Wusthof Grand Prix II knife set is possibly the only thing in the kitchen that has a constant spot on the countertop - and I wouldn't have it any other way.
    I bought the set maybe 5-6 years ago, after trying several knives out at Williams-Sonoma. I picked the Grand Prix II collection because it was slightly lighter than the Classic line, and that felt better in my hand (small bonus that it was a bit cheaper, but five years later it doesn't matter as much). The chef's knife and the paring knives see almost daily use, and they are holding really well. I have in-between invested in a knife sharpener and a couple of trips for professional sharpening - well worth it.
    Hand wash and dry immediately, and keep the sharpener handy - those knives slice with ease through a lot (including fingers, so beware). They have certainly made my life in the kitchen way easier.
    The set did not come with steak knives, and I ended up buying them from the cheaper Gourmet line - still very happy!

Comfort
    Sharp and lighter than other lines.

Really durable, but they need their care - hand wash, dry, sharpen.

• Comfort:

High quality knife set, with some durability concerns.

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Wusthof Knives:

I recently received the Wustoff Grand Prix II knife set through a wedding registry and so far am fairly pleased. The handles are forged, so you don't have to worry about that falling off over time, and most of the knives have some serious, yet balanced heft to them. The chef's knife feels like a broad sword. I only have two complaints: 1) The steak-knives that accompany the set do not really live up to the level of quality that you'd expect from the other knives, they're significantly lighter and the handles feel plasticky. 2) A few knives have started to show some slight rusting. This is after a few months only, so it's definitely a concern. Going forward, I will only hand wash and hopefully this helps. All in all a good set.

Best Quality, Best of Wusthof

from Thousand Oaks, CA

Comments about Wusthof Knives:

Wusthof CLASSIC line of knives are excellent. The knives are an investment that will last a LIFETIME.

Comfort
    The grip is comfortable, solid - these are one piece, you will not have a problem with handles breaking. These are extremely made well and worth the investment. These are the most comfortable and best of the Wusthof line of knives.

As long as you take care of them, sharpen them properly with a honing steel every so often - these knives will do the job. The serious chef will be very happy to receive these.

I've owned my set for over 25 years, they look like new. They do not bend.

I like the design, comfortable grip. Only wish Rachel would design a grip to slide over the handle, then it would be AMAZING, albeit not as classy looking but very comfy.

Simply the best.

from McCloud, CA

Comments about Wusthof Knives:

My husband bought me my first Wusthoff knife for Christmas several years ago. I had a bunch of knives at the time; a hodge-podge of different brands that I'd acquire here and there over the years. After that first Wusthoff, I've slowly been on a mission to replace all the others with Wusthoff. To put it simply, once you've tried them, nothing else will do.

I LOVE to cook and cook everyday. Knives are most definitely the most important tool in the kitchen and skimping on quality here is not something I'd reccomend.  I like these knives becasue they are well-balanced and maintain their edge better than the others I've had. I also like the weight of them. I know that some cooks prefer a lighter knife, but for me the fact that these are a bit weightier than others is a plus.

Yes. These are expensive! Unless you are independently wealthy or manage to inherit a set of these, buying a set will put you back a bit. I reccomend buying them one at a time. Also, I've discovered that if you keep your "eyes peeled" you can sometimes find a good deal on these right before Christmas.

love these knives

from Anaheim, CA

Comments about Wusthof Knives:

I have two Wusthof knives: the five inch hollow santoku knife, and the three inch paring knife. They are both Classic Ikon. No matter what I cut with them, it is like slicing through warm butter. They are, by far the best knives, I have ever used.

I have been coveting these knives for years, and received them as a gift. I was not disappointed; they were completely worth the wait. I plan to slowly save and replace every knife I own with a Wusthof. Although I love these knives, they are pricey. I have found consistently good prices available on Amazon. I think the price is completely justified though. I have been using them for 2 months and have not seen their sharp edge dull at all.

The 3 inch paring knife is the perfect size to use for peeling fruit or dicing veggies. The five inch santoku is great for cutting potatoes.

The handles are smooth and very comfortable in the hand. They are lightweight and easy to wield.

Update: I have now added a small serrated knife, a panini knife, and a 7 in santoku. Other than the 5 in santoku which is perfect for everything, I would recommend the small serrated knife as a must have. I look forward to having a reason to use it. It is lightweight and so super sharp. You will take pleasure in slicing that baguette.

Wusthof Knifes are Like the Cashmere Sweater of Cutlery

from Eugene, OR

Comments about Wusthof Knives:

The Wüstof knives are a great all around kitchen knife.  They are priced a more than the average knife, but you get all the features you find on the most expensive kitchen knifes.  It has a nicely balanced full tang, a very comfortable handle and a good steel blade that holds an edge well.  The chef's knife we have in our house is abused and it is nearly as sharp as ever after a few swipes on a steel.

The handle is a nice round shape and large enough for all but the largest hands.  The handle has some texture to maintain a good grip while wet and it is effective but not perfect.  The blade is sensitive to scratches and is easily marred by scouring pads, but I've had the same problem with every knife I've owned.

Even at their slightly higher price it's hard to find anything else that will be as well balanced, have a comfortable handle, and hold an edge for anywhere close to as long.

Buy this if you want the best value in your knife

Buy something else if price is a major limiting factor

• Comfort:

Wusthof is the way to go!

from Stevenson, WA

Comments about Wusthof Knives:

My fiance is a chef and while going to school his parents bought him some wustof knives. He absolutely loves them. He has had them for almost four years and they are still going strong. Wustof knives can be very expensive however you can usually find some good sales and even buy them in a block which happens to be cheaper. The quality is excellent and they are durable. My hubby to be has dripped his countless times and nothing has ever happened to them. I have heard of other knives losing the tip if dropped and this is definately not the case. Wustof knives are definately worth the money and i reccomend them to anyone who loves to cook. If youre still having trouble getting over the price put yourself in my shoes, my fiance now wants a Ken Onion Shun and just for the 10 inche Chef knive it is 299.

Pricey but worth every penny

from Cookeville, TN

Comments about Wusthof Knives:

Being someone who loves to be in the kitchen, I have used my share of knives. Growing up I had only been exposed to Chicago cutlery, but after moving out of my parents house I knew I wanted something superior. I bought my first Wusthof, a carving knife, but I used it for everything because it had such a sharp edge. I have since added to my Wusthof, and would never look back. Wusthof knives have an increadible sharp edge, making cutting a breeze. Chopping vegetables was no longer a chore and did not take near the amount of time to complete. Cutting steaks was no longer ripping or sawing a steak, the Wusthof cut through even the toughest steak like butter. I love my Wusthof knives and would not hesitate to recommend them to any one in search of knives. They may seem a little pricey, but are worth the money and will save you time in the kitchen.

Wusthof Knives truly are outstanding.

from Salem, OR

Comments about Wusthof Knives:

W?stof knives truly are an absolutly outstanding kitchen knife. The price is a more than the average knife, but they still represent a great value.

Wusthoff knives have a nicely balanced full tang, a very comfortable handle and a good steel blade that stays sharp. The chef's knife I have in my house is used everyday and it is nearly as sharp as ever after a few swipes on a steel.The handle is a round-oval shape that is sized well for all but the largest or smallest of hands. The handle has some reasonably effective texture to help maintain a good grip while wet.

I have noticed that the blade is sensitive to scratches and is easily marred by scouring pads or hard abrasives, but I have the same problem with scratching on every knife that I have ever owned.The price is more than budget knives, but you get a high quality knife with great grip. Even at the higher price Wusthof knives still represent an excellent value.