3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

You can have your Strawberry Shortcake & chew it, too

**Wrigley's Extra Dessert Delights Sugarfree Gum, Strawberry Shortcake **tastes like Strawberry Shortcake but only has 5 calories. That's pretty awesome, if you like Strawberry Shortcake, chew gum, and are watching your calories and your cavities.

I don't chew gum very often, but my sons do, and I would much rather them chew this than gum that isn't sugarfree. I got a 15 stick sample pack of this gum and 3 of my sons and I all chewed a piece. My 14 year old had already tried it before and knew he liked it and asked me if he could please have the rest of the pack. I gave it to him. My 12 year old son had no idea that it was sugarfree until I told him, which is super. I asked my 18 year old son if he wanted to try a piece of gum and he did. After a few seconds I asked him if he could tell what the flavor was. I expected him to say strawberry, but he said "Strawberry Shortcake" without hesitation and without seeing anything other than the silver wrapped pink stick of gum with 'Wrigley's' written on the outside. I thought it tasted like Strawberry Shortcake, but wasn't sure if my opinion was a little biased because I knew what it was supposed to taste like. My son's immediate and correct response convinced me that the gum's taste lives up to it's Strawberry Shortcake name.

The ingredients are: *"SORBITOL, GUM BASE, GLYCEROL, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS; LESS THAN 2% OF: HYDROGENATED STARCH HYDROLYSATE, ASPARTAME, SOY LECITHIN, ASPARTAME-ACESULFAME, MANNITOL, CITRIC ACID, MALIC ACID, SUCRALOSE, FUMARIC ACID, COLORS (RED 40 LAKE, RED 40), and BHT(TO MAINTAIN FRESHNESS). **PHENYLKETONURICS: CONTAINS PHENYLALANINE.**"*

Wrigley's Extra Dessert Delights Sugarfree Gum is also available in Key Lime Pie and Mint Chocolate Chip, neither of which I have tried, yet, but am willing to bet that they both taste great, too.

The only thing I don't like a lot about this gum is that it leaves a slight after taste, as many sugarfree products do. It's not bad enough that I wouldn't chew it again, but it was noticeable to me.

If you like to chew gum and you like Strawberry Shortcake, then you'll enjoy this product. It gives you that taste that your sweet tooth craves but it won't give that tooth any cavities and it will only give you 5 calories. Sounds like a win-win to me.

This kind of Extra Dessert Delights is not really a delight.

I was so excited to get this free sample in the mail. When I saw it was a strawberry shortcake flavor I thought now they hit it as a winner! But in all honesty, Wrigleys it is not as good as it sounds. Sure, you can really smell those strawberries when the package and taste strawberry flavor when you first start to chew it. But then amazingly enough, something changes. The flavor  goes away within just under five minuets. Then you get more of a bitter sensation with every chew. It makes your mouth feel alarmed. I do not recommend this to the average gum chewer. I believe that Wrigleys is on a good thing, but it  needs a bit more tweeking to get it better for the consumer. Which is too bad, because I usually love the Wrigleys flavors of gum. I am going to be sure not to buy this product as I believe it would be a waste of my money. Sure, it is only 5 calories which is great, has no sodium in it,only 2 carbs,0 fat,and has no sugar, but does have sugar alcohol in it, but perhaps it is what takes away from the flavor lasting when so much is removed from it. Hard to say. Reguardless, I am not fond of this product and I am a big strawberry lover.

Interesting

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Wrigleys Extra Dessert Delights Sugarfree Gum, Strawberry Shortcake:

I have tried other flavor varieties of this particular type of gum. This variety was very interesting. There is much to like about this gum. For one, it has a very desirable flavor. As hard as it might be to believe, I could actually taste each element in the gum. The clear taste of strawberry, the mellow flavor of cake and an essence of whipped cream. The gum's overall flavor lacks nothing. The texture of the gum changes after about 5 minutes. The flavor does as well. The gum does become stiff and difficult to chew but, all gum does. I have used this gum and other flavor varieties as well to dampen cravings for sweets. It has been effective for me. I would recommend this product to m family, friends and coworkers alike. It is a high quality product with a pleasant taste and fair price.

Super craving stopper.

I absolutely love wrigleys extra dessert delights sugarfree gum, strawberry shortcake. It tastes great and helps stop the afternoon cravings when I am at work. It is healthier choice then the junk that is in vending machines at work. It is sugar free so I don't have to worry about my teeth rotting with other heavily sugared gums. I always keep a pack on hand.

Doesn't taste like shortcake but is still pretty good.

My mind nearly exploded when I saw this. I grew up in California, so I love few things more than fresh strawberries. You throw in whipped cream and shortcake, and I am in my own personal glutton's paradise. The idea that I could indulge in that taste without taking on all the additional calories is very attractive to me. I was initially a little disappointed in the taste, because it wasn't what I was expecting. It tastes more like strawberries and cream than strawberry shortcake. Ultimately, I decided, even though it wasn't what I was expecting, it was still a pretty good flavor.

This does disappoint as a dessert replacement, however. I find myself missing the textures and temperatures that I associate with this dessert, so it isn't an entirely satisfying experience.

Such a lovely treat

from TN

I love Extra Dessert Delights, Strawberry Shortcake, sugar-free gum, it taste just like the real thing, minus the extra calories and sugar. I have been an avid gum chewer every since I gave up smoking and this gum satisfies both my sweet tooth and my nicotine cravings.

Actually tastes like strawberry shortcake!

I was absolutely undecided about trying the Wrigley's extra dessert delights strawberry shortcake sugar free gum. I decided to give it a try after my daughter left a pack on the kitchen counter. I will admit that this gum tastes great and is also sugar free.

Delicious but short-lived

from Port Orchard, WA

I LOVED the taste of this gum (it really does taste similar to strawberry short cake, amazingly!) and for once in my life I finished an entire pack of gum by myself! This would be my favorite gum in the world, except for one small thing: the flavor lasts all of a minute. This really bummed me out, because when you first put it in your mouth, it is absolutely delicious! A sweet, creamy, strawberry taste (how do they do that?!). But after about a minute of chewing, the flavor almost instantly vanishes, and you're left with gum that just vaguely tastes generically sweet and somewhat like strawberries.
I really like this line of gum from Wriggleys, having something sweet in my purse is great for when I'm feeling nibbly but have no food or snacks around. But it'd be nice to work on making the flavor last longer than just a few bites.

Great mid day treat if you like strawberries

from Tom Bean, Texas

I am a big fan of chewing gum so I don't know why it has taken me so darn long to do a couple of reviews on it but, better late than never so here I go. First stop, Wrigleys Extra Dessert Delights in Strawberry shortcake.

Holding the Wrigleys tradition of creating great chewing gums, this one is at that standard, too. If you like the flavor of strawberries then this may be just the right thing you need during the day to keep you rolling along through that day. It has a great flavor that does seem to last longer than most gums but it does tend to fade. I guess that is inherent of all things that stay in the mouth and are chewed so I guess I cannot complain. The only thing that I don't necessarily care for is the complete softness of the sticks. Every pack that I have purchased is so incredibly soft that I have a desire to swallow it instead of to chew it at first. After I get it moving, it's fine but it is really soft. To many, that may be an attractive thing.

Bottom line...I like it alot!

Sandy

delightfully yummy!! Extra sugarless gum

from Bakersfield, CA

I recieved wrigleys sugarless gum,as a sample product to try.I thought it would taste like sugar taste that you would get in other gums.But to my amazement,it was really good.And I also tried the mint and chocolate chip flavor. I have seen on The Biggest Loser,they chew this gum.I really didn't think at first that it was going to taste good.But it is,for a sugarless gum.I love all those great samples that I recieve.I just wanted to share my opionon.

Hey me again have you all tried the Extra flavors???

they are great(apple pie/key lime pie/orange taste like a 50/50 bar yummy flavors and they are sugar free) Wow I can sit all day and chew them,I'm a bubble blower love that gum!!

Wrigley's Extra Dessert Delights Sugarfree Gum

from Rosamond,CA

Wow, this gum is awesome. The flavor last a very long time and feels a bit tingly in your mouth as well as having a real tasting dessert flavor, taste like strawberry shortcake, it is very pleasant to chew, does not stick to your teeth and is soft to chew, it seems like you never get tired of this gum, you could even get addicted to the flavor of this gum it's that good, I plan on trying all the other flavors of this gum and will recommend this brand of gum to all. Don't believe I will ever go back to the usual mint gums after trying this gum, it has me spoiled. Wrigley's put the fun and flavor back into chewing gum, I am happy I tried this gum.

Yummy Strawberry shortcake gum!

from Maryland Heights, MO

This Wrigleys Extra Dessert Delights sugarfree gum is great!  I like to always have something in my mouth and this seems to be a good choice.  Because its sugarfree, its alot better for me than something that is loaded with sugar.  I really think it tastes like strawberry shortcake!  I do love desserts so when i saw this flavor I was excited.  I definatly was not disappointed.  I have also tried the other flavors and they are really good too!  When you are craving something sweet and dont want to spoil your diet, this really works. I think that I would recomend this Wrigleys Extra, sugarfree strawberry shortcake dessert delights flavored gum to anyone who likes strawberry shortcake.  My husband is on a diet and can not eat desserts so i bought some for him and he loves it.  I think that wrigleys needs to also come out with a Chocolate flavored dessert delights gum!  That would be yummy.  I think everyone shoud try this!