Other Misc. Grocery Items:
Wrigley's Extra Dessert Delights
Wrigley's Extra Dessert Delights Sugarfree Gum - Mint Chocolate Chip

Wrigley's Extra Dessert Delights Sugarfree Gum - Mint Chocolate Chip

A Great Dessert At Just 5 Calories!

I received a pack of this gum by 'liking' Wrigley's Extra on Facebook.  I liked it so much that I had to buy a few packs right away.

If you...Read complete review

If you like mint chocolate, you will love chewing this gum.  The scent alone will have your mouth watering before you even put a stick of gum in your mouth.  In fact, I could smell it before I even opened the package.  For me, it conjures up visions of mint chocolate truffles.  Once you start chewing this gum, you will think you just ate a mint chocolate chip ice cream sundae.  I especially enjoy chewing it after a meal.  It satisfies that craving you have for a little something sweet, and it really fills you up.

There are many benefits to chewing gum, besides satisfying a sweet tooth.  For one thing, it is a great stress reliever.  When I am nervous or anxious, I find that gum calms me.  It also keeps me from grinding my teeth.  I also discovered recently that chewing gum stimulates blood flow to the brain, which makes us more alert and increases concentration.  I will have to keep this in mind the next time I have to take an exam.

Gum is also great for keeping your teeth clean after a meal, and helps to make teeth strong.

Besides the Mint Chocolate Chip variety, the Dessert Delights line also includes Key Lime Pie and Strawberry Shortcake.  They are all just 5 calories and sugarfree.

Flavor depletes fast

I'm a sucker for gum. I chew probably 3-5 pieces a day so certainly new flavors intrigue me. I saw the dessert series that has the Mint Chip, Root Beer Float, and Orange Creamsicle so decided on buying them. The mint chip has a pretty good mint chip flavor though seemed a little chalky taste. The flavor also did run out pretty quick and wasn't on par in terms of other "Extra" gum. Once the flavor ran out the gum still stayed chewable (one of my pet peeves is how hard gum can get after chewing a bit). I also noticed that the pack I had left in my car became super soft (because of the heat) and stayed that way even once I brought it inside in a cool environment. I also noticed the flavor dissipated even quicker than before....So my recommendation is to not keep/store it in a hot environment.

Wrigley's Mint Chocolate Chip (Sugarfree)

from Georgia

Comments about Wrigley's Extra Dessert Delights Sugarfree Gum - Mint Chocolate Chip:

I do not like Wrigley's Extra Dessert Delights Sugarfree Gum - Mint Chocolate Chip because it has a terrible taste and smell. It leaves a
bitter taste in my mouth and the scent is more sour than sweet. I don't like this gum because it doesn't leave a minty, fresh smell in my mouth nor does it leave my breathe smelling like chocolate chips. I would not recommend Wrigley's Extra Dessert Delights Sugarfree Gum - Mint Chocolate Chip to anyone wanting their breath to smell fresh and sweet. It does not work. I love that this gum is sugar-free but I hate the taste and smell of it.

Commercials and bright ideas

from Syracuse, New York

I has to be only me. I saw the commercials for the gum when they first came out. Gum that can help stifle your cravings for dessert. Hey, why not try it? So I did. The mint chocolate chip delights was very pleasant. It tasted very similar to Andi's mints. The chocolate was the dominant flavor and the mint mingled in with it's modest hints of refreshingly crisp flavor. The gum did not lose it's flavor right away although, the flavor did not last as long as I had hoped. Generally it lasted about 6 minutes. The gum also got tougher to chew right around the same time it lost it's flavor. However, it was somewhat effective in helping to curb cravings and replace a higher fat snack.

A curious flavor

Extra Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream flavored gum finds a way to incorporate quite an interesting flavor profile into a chewable experience. While not what I typically expected, it really was a good gum and did a great job. The gum maintains flavor very well and was great all around.

Really good

As I wrote in my review of the Strawberry Shortcake "Dessert Delights" Sugarfree Gum, I really love this line, and I'm not even much of a gum chewer. They really taste like the desserts for which they are named. The Mint Chocolate Chip isn't my favorite, but it's still really good. It definitely has both a mint and chocolate flavor to it, and is reminiscent of the ice cream. It also seems to hold on to it's flavor a little bit longer than the other "Dessert Delights" varieties for some reason.

Is absolutely delicious but seems to lose flavor so quickly.

I definitely like this gum. I've tried every kind of the 'Dessert Delight' gum flavors, and this one is probably my favorite out of all of them. It truly tastes just like mint chocolate chip, it's like a very sweet, creamy spearmint flavor, not as strong as regular mint gum but it can actually freshen your breath a little bit. The only thing I didn't really like about this gum was that it lost flavor so quickly.

Tastes like dessert but not as satisfying.

I was excited when I saw all the new dessert varieties of Extra Sugarless Gum. Since mint chocolate chip is my favorite ice cream, I tried this one first. First of all, the taste is right on. It tastes just like mint chocolate chips. However, I find myself missing the other elements of the ice cream: the temperature, the creamy texture, and the tummy satisfaction. The taste without the rest really isn't that good.

Lastly, I'm used to mint chewing gum leaving my mouth feeling refreshed, and this gum leaves my mouth feeling a little muddy and not as fresh as I'd like. After chewing sugarless gum, I don't like feeling that I need to brush my teeth in order to freshen up.

It made me want the real stuff.

I must admit, I tried this gum in an attempt to satisfy my craving for mint chocolate chip ice cream but unfortunately it just made me want ice cream that much more. The gum itself is good, and I still buy it occasionally. It was around the same price as the other gum options, and is definitely good if you are tired of the traditional mint and cinnamon options. I would definitely recommend trying it, but only if you like mint chocolate chip ice cream of course.

Different

When I first tried this Mint Chocolate Chip sugarfree gum it was okay. It kind of tasted like coffee for the first few minutes but it eventually is pretty good. The positive thing is that the flavor isn't very sweet and yet is still good. The flavor also lasts for a long time.

Good while it lasts

It does taste eerily like mint chocolate chip ice cream! Yum! They can definitely fill a dessert craving for a little bit. The gum is big and takes longer than most gums to get too hard too chew. The taste doesn't last very long, which is kind of disappointing, but it's nice while it lasts.

Another Great Product from Wrigley's

I was very skeptical at first about a gum that tastes like mint chocolate chip but decided to give it a try after looking at it in the checkout lane. I was really surprised by this gum it did have a mint ice cream taste. If you love chewing gum then you must try Wrigley's Mint Chocolate Chip.