2.2

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Available Rates:

Trustworthy, helpful customer service and great rewards!

Cabela's VISA - World's Foremost Bank - has excellent customer service.  Although I've had few disputes (two or three?) in 7 years of use, each was handled with professionalism and care.  The problems were settled fairly - to my relief!  Bills are easy to read & understand; year-end summary booklets are handy; and online services are simple to navigate.  Best of all, my husband earns Cabela's spending money at a rate of 1% (spend $100 anywhere, earn $1 to spend at Cabela's; higher earnings for buying at Cabela's).  NO annual fee, no surprises, just a reliable credit card to use for everything!

This card sucks!

My husband has a Cabelas Club Visa and we have had nothing but problems with it. First, they decided that they were going to decrease his credit limit without telling him. When we called about it they said it had to do with a debt collection on his credit report. We checked it out and there was no such thing and my husband had a credit score of 727. The next thing they did was increase his intrest rate to 27%. Finally, we just recieved a notice saying that they closed his account. They don't have any apparent reason as my husband has made all payments on time and continues to have a good credit score. Also, everytime I called I recieved bad customer service. They were unwilling to explain anything to me and were very rude.

Customer Service is Horrible

from Reading, PA

Comments about World's Foremost Bank - Cabela's Club Visa Card:

Ive needed to contact Cabela's Visa customer service 3 or four times over the past 2 years. Each time I waited for over 30 minutes to speak to a human being. My main card is American Express and when I call their customer service, I speak to a human within 5 minutes. I am closing my Cabela's account and signing up for a Visa Card under another Bank,

Would not recommend.

from Concord, VA

Comments about World's Foremost Bank - Cabela's Club Visa Card:

I applied for this card about 2 years ago. I was approved and given a CL of $4000. I used this card for primarily business related expenses. I was carrying a balance but always made payments prior to the due date. When my balance was $2300 they lowered my credit limit to $2400 essentially showing that the card was maxed out. My credit score took a dip to the tune of about 30 points. Most recently I received a letter saying that my card would not be renewed and that were going to be closing my account and to destroy the card that I have. I expect my score to take another significant dip due to their cancellation. This change will affect my debt-to-credit ratio. I never missed one payment with them or any other account that I have open. I have ZERO derogatory remarks on my bureau. Every account is paid on time, every month.

Horrible customer service - Can't use this for international

from Denver, CO

Comments about World's Foremost Bank - Cabela's Club Visa Card:

They rejected an advance purchase of hotel rooms in London. 16 times!! Even after many, many calls where they swore it was a mistake, they kept rejecting the purchase. And they were rude when we wanted to know why. Every time we called, they had a different excuse, each equally ridiculous or an outright lie. Finally, a manager told us they have "problems" with processing international travel and if we were planning on using the card when we were in London, we would have to call (internationally, of course) the Cabela's card service dept EVERY SINGLE time we planned on using the card to get authorization. Given the fact that it took them almost two WEEKS to authorize the hotel charge, I don't see this as a viable card. Plus they were rude every time we called and asked for a supervisor. Avoid these guys like the plague.

Credit Line Reduced - NEVER MADE LATE PAYMENT

from Fort Worth, TX

Comments about World's Foremost Bank - Cabela's Club Visa Card:

Very upset. I initially received this card with a $2000 credit limit. After 8 months without a late payment, and paying the card off in full, I had a reduction in my credit line to $500. I called and the credit representative said my credit score was now too low for a $2000 credit limit. Credit scores can fluctuate with balances/purchases on other accounts. You issued me a card, I make payments on time. You should pay more attention to what your cardholder does with your account. Very, Very, disappointed in your institution.

Avoid Cabela's Credit Card

from Bradford, VT

Comments about World's Foremost Bank - Cabela's Club Visa Card:

Customer Service is absolutely horrible. I received an automated fraud alert call which required a callback by me. The automated alert information about the charge was unintelligible and there were no Fraud Alert Advisors available! Then I called Customer Service and sat on hold for a little over 30 minutes. That rep released the hold on my card but couldn't authorize the payment on the charge in question. She also couldn't (or wouldn't) connect me with a supervisor but promised me a callback from one. It has been over 24 hours and no callback. Unacceptable.

Quality card

from Utah

Comments about World's Foremost Bank - Cabela's Club Visa Card:

I signed up for this credit card when buying a rifle at Cabelas (for a $20 discount on the purchase). The approval process was very quick in store, and they offer a quality cash back program overall (1% on all purchases) as well as 2% on purchases at Cabelas. When I used the card a few times after first signing up, I also received an extra $10 back. The other nice thing was that any amount of cash back earned could be easily used for a Cabelas purchase (even if only a few cents from the previous purchase). So for the most part, the card is a good deal. But I didn't end up using it very often since I already had a credit card I was committed to that gave 1% on everything. So I would only use the card for purchases at Cabelas itself (which wasn't overly often). I ran into problems when I randomly received a bill in the mail listing a purchase that I hadn't made (at that point, I hadn't used the card in several months). I called them immediately, and they were good about removing the charge and canceling the card. They offered me a new card, but since I used it so rarely, I simply asked them to cancel it (not knowing how my card had been used by someone else in the first place).

Lousy - always carry a backup.

from Denver, CO

Comments about World's Foremost Bank - Cabela's Club Visa Card:

Get this if you want Cabelas to leave you hanging when you really need the card. They over react and block the use of your card.

Poor Customer Service

from Pleasanton, California

Comments about World's Foremost Bank - Cabela's Club Visa Card:

I have been a Cabela's Visa Card holder for many years and beginning this past June I have had several very poor experiences with World Bank Customer Service. In June and again about 2 weeks ago, I was about to travel out of the Country and wanted to tell them about the trip so I could use my Cabela's Visa Card on the trip. In June, I tried 5 different times over 3 days and never got thru due to "Heavier Than Normal Call Volumes"! Two weeks ago I tried to again notify them of overseas travel 8 times over 3 days...as before, I was put on hold for 30-40 minutes each time. I finally gave up and use a different credit card who's Customer Service answered my call quickly & professionally!

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Actions do Speak Louder than Words

from Hutchinson, KS

Comments about World's Foremost Bank - Cabela's Club Visa Card:

I got a Cabela's Club Visa Card several years ago and I was paying it off over and beyond the amount they asked for through automatic withdrawal out of my checking account. I paid an extra $40 each month to cover the interest and then some to pay off the card sooner. In return Cabela's said they would issue me another card when this card fell below $100 owed. They lied and denied me another card based on the fact that I still at the time owed them that $100. I called up today to pay off the final amount of $42, I explained what they promised verses what they did after making the final payment and the gentleman I spoke to rushed me off the phone, didn't offer me a confirmation number for that final payment and had nothing to offer for their dishonest business ethics that were in question except hanging up on me. Being that they have given me no reason to trust them again I wasn't about to get another credit card through them again, but I wanted to see just how honest and sincere they were about their so-called offer for another credit card through them. I did have to call Cabela's back to get that confirmation number. The last representative was a little nicer but still when I posed the same questions to him he offered no reply. Again, I had no intention of getting another Cabela's Club Visa Card and I would not recommend one to anyone else. Because their actions do speak louder than words.

Rewards redeemable for Cabelas is always a good thing.

from Florida

Comments about World's Foremost Bank - Cabela's Club Visa Card:

I do a lot of fishing especially during the summer so I end up spending a lot of time and money ordering various fishing gear and tackle items from Cabela's and other places online.

I applied for my Cabelas club visa card and was approved pretty quickly. The interest rates are actually pretty good and I have been able to keep up with payments so that has made me like them even more.

I like that I get rewards to buy stuff from there website since there isn't an actual Cabelas store near to me. But even when I use my card to shop through them I get rewards and that's awesome too.

Like I said earlier interest rates are good, better than a lot of other store cards out there. They have awesome customer service too. Which I have found true of every department in the Cabelas family.

I would definitely recommend this card to anyone, it might be a good one for a first time credit card user too.

• Customer Service: