3.8
98, 558, 89
World's Best Cat Litter

World's Best Cat Litter

3.8

Pros

• Pet likes it (3)

• Multiple cats (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Long-time pet owner (4)

World's Best cat litter leaves no odor behind

I began using World's Best Cat Litter when Feline Pine became too expensive.  I live in a small apartment and wanted a litter I could flush down the toilet, instead of having stinky bags to walk to the dumpster every day.  Being handicapped, I don't walk all that well so it was nice to use something flushable.

I also wanted clumping, which World's Best is, and low tracking.  I believe there is no such thing as a No tracking litter, but at least World's Best doesn't bruise your feet if you step on it.  I just use a whisk broom to sweep up the tracking when I scoop the litter.  The litter is quite lightweight, so it is not difficult to carry the box to the toilet for scooping.

I found using an enclosed litter pan cuts down on the litter spray when the cat is digging or covering it's job, which also cuts down on sweeping up.

Being in a small apartment, I worry about cat smell to visitors.  I have friends who are very sensitive to odors, but they all say that they would never guess a cat lived there by the smell.  By all the toys, yes, but not the smell.  What a great product!

Very dusty

I used to think this was the best litter around.  That was before I noticed the dusty footprints around the house.  If you have light-colored carpets and upholstery, you won't see them.  Do an experiment and place a dark-colored rug in front of the litterbox.  Better yet, put a dark-colored bedspread on your bed.  Ugh!  I found dusty paw prints on my dark-colored wood floors.  That doesn't really sound so bad, does it?  What makes it bad is that before stepping onto the hardwood floors, the cats walked across at least 15' of carpet.  If all the dust didn't come off as the cats walked across the carpet (bad enough to think about it all being stuck in the carpet), where else is it ending up.  On my bed pillows, for one.  I switched to Nature's Miracle, which is also corn-based but completely dust-free.  The difference was amazing.

You will notice that the packaging proudly proclaims "99% Dust Free".  If you look closely, however, you will notice that sandwiched between the "99%" and "Dust" is the word "silica".  In other words, they aren't claiming that this is a dust-free product, only that it doesn't have silica dust.  Big difference.

my cats love it

from nh

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Easy To Change
  • Good Value
  • Long-Lasting
  • Low Tracking
  • Pet Likes It
  • Reduces Odor

• Finicky Cats

Comments about World's Best Cat Litter:

my cat love all the scents. i like the purple the most.
    they hated the other litter i had and this seems to be the only one they like now.

Cats Don't Dig It

from Opelika, Ala.

Pros

Cons

• Messy
      • Pet Doesn't Like It
      • Smells Bad

Comments about World's Best Cat Litter:

This brand of cat litter is not worth buying, it leaves your litter boxes with a super strong ammonia smell. We had to throw away the rest of the bag that we bought, that's how bad the smell was, neither me nor my cats enjoyed the smell and they would even meow at me until I changed it.

Doesn't stick & doesn't track

from Florids

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Low Tracking
        • Pet Likes It
        • Reduces Odor

Comments about World's Best Cat Litter:

This is an excellent cat litter! My cats are not finicky, so I just swapped out their regular litter for World's Best and didn't have any issues.
          One of the best features to this litter is that it doesn't cling to the sides or bottom of the litter box when the cats dig deep to urinate. This makes cleaning the litter box a much easier and faster job. It is important to note that it is necessary to shake the scooter when removing clumps from the litter box. If not, a great deal of unclumped litter will be scooped up and unnecessarily discarded. The is minimal tracking and the odor control is extremely effective and there is little if any dust. I wasn't a big fan of the lavender scented version - the fragrance was a little harsh and although it's natural lavender, it smells artificial to me.

The only other slightly negative thing I can say is the packaging is difficult to get into. You can't rip the bag open, you have to cut it open with scissors. Also there is no way to close the bag if the entire bag isn't used at one time. Perhaps a zip top seal would be a helpful addition to the packaging.

mixed feelings

from New York, NY

Verified Reviewer

Pros

• Long-Lasting
          • Pet Likes It

Cons

• Messy

Comments about World's Best Cat Litter:

Price: this litter is definately more expensive. However, once a year they do allow you to use a rebate for a refund. Tip: have a friend who doesn't use it also claim the rebate once.
          Smell: we use the purple one. I think the smell is a little like a farm with some essential oil. It's better than other litters that smell like chemicals.
          Tracking: so there are no little hard bits that get tracked. We all know it hurts when youmstep on one and then it end ups in your shoe. Or worse, it ends up in your bed. Having said that, this is one messy littler. There is dust everywhere. If you have dark furniture be prepared to see little dusty paw prints all over the house. It looks like a little cat crime scene investigation. You will need to dust on a daily basis not a weekly basis if you get this litter.
          Cleaning: it's easy to scoop and flush down the toilet. However, big cleanings are again dusty. Emptying the bin can be difficult since the dust flies everywhere.
          Other pets: important disclaimer, this is made from corn. My friend used this as well and her dogs wanted to eat it. They do not eat any other brand of litter.

World's Best Cat Litter is just that!

from Canton, OH

Comments about World's Best Cat Litter:

As a life long cat lover I've tried just about every type of litter on the market. World's Best Cat Litter is the absolute best in my opinion. It absorbs odor and wetness. It clumps hard, so scooping the litter box is a simple task. No broken clumps to leave odor behind. It's great for multiple cats. The only thing I would change if I could would be the price. It is a little pricy in comparison to some other brands of cat litter. But it is worth the cost.

Moisture Absorption
          World's Best Cat Litter is great at absorbing wetness. It keeps the litter box dry so kitty doesn't get wet paws. It encourages cats to use the litter box because they can't detect moisture.

This cat litter clumps tight so scooping the litter box is a quick easy task. And when it comes time to do a full cleaning it doesn't take much time because it doesn't stick to the bottom of the litter box.

Odor Control
          World'sBest is fantastic at controlling odor. I have always had multiple cats and have never had an issue with odor. Friends have actually told me they forgot that I had cats because my house never smells.

This litter is simple to use. As is most litter. No problems there.

• Odor Control:

Excellent product but expensive!

Comments about World's Best Cat Litter:

Awhile back I found a coupon for a free bag of this World's Best Cat Litter. I'd never heard of it before so was surprised when I found it at the local pet store. I got my free bag and was off to see how the cats would like it. It's a great litter. It's very absorbent and easy to clean out of the box. Not sticking to the bottom like many others do. Extremely low in dust and provides a really nice fragrance. I've tried both the red and the purple bags. Not really sure what the differences are in them, because they both work very well. My only complaint with this litter is the price. It's very expensive for a very small amount of litter. But it works great! I cannot afford to buy it on a regular basis because I rescue cats and would definitely be blowing the budget if I had to buy 140lbs of this litter a month at their prices. I do always take advantage of any coupons I receive for it and have found the makers of the World's Best Cat Litter really care about their customers. I receive emails regularly from them and usually always includes a coupon or even another offer for a free bag. They do allow you 1 free bag a year now. If I only had 1 or 2 cats to buy litter for, this would be my number 1 choice! It really is that good!

World worst for my cat.

from Pearl, MS

Comments about World's Best Cat Litter:

This litter just wasn't for us. I saw the commercial on tv and watched all the ads online and everything looked awesome. I found some coupons and went to the store to purchase this overpriced litter. It's nontoxic and completely natural so what could go wrong except that the fact my cat started peeing all over our house instead of it's box.

Moisture Absorption
          The moisture absorption was not as great as the ads showed, when my cat would even go in the box. It kind of clumped mushily together so it didn't pick up that well.

Cleaning was on if it was just poop, otherwise it wasn't that great. I didn't really like the consistency.

Odor Control
          Odor control was not good for us. I could smell it and my cat hated the smell of this litter and wouldn't go in it anyways after a while. The corn just didn't cover the smell of pee.

This litter is more lightweight than others and was easier to pour into the litter box, but it was a pain in everything else.

No Longer Impressed

Comments about World's Best Cat Litter:

I started using World's Best Cat Litter after I purchased my two Sphynx babies. I loved the idea that it was all natural and flushable. I would think that flushable litter would make for easy clean up. Which flushing was a great attribute, this litter is not what I thought I was getting. It was supposed to be 99% dust free, the dust from this litter is worse than any other litter I have used in the past. It also did not hold waste at all and the slightest movement would cause all of my cat waste to end up right back in the litter box. As for the odor blockers, there were none! I might have well been shredding newspaper and putting it in the litter box. You could always tell that the cats had used the bathroom after coming into the house, even though the litter box was on the opposite side of the house from the entry way. I have since changed litters and will not be going back to World's Best Cat Litter in the future.

• Odor Control:

Best of the all-natural brands. Smells fresh.

from Tallahassee, FL

Comments about World's Best Cat Litter:

If you want a litter box that smells fresh without chemicals, this is your brand. It's a bit pricey but we'll worth it.

Completely absorbs urine.

As easy as any other scoopable.

Odor Control
          Smells like a clean stall instead of a putrid litter box.

As easy as any other scoopable brand.

Disappointing

Comments about World's Best Cat Litter:

I was excited to try this litter on a rebate promotion as it was hyped up as super absorbent and all natural. The all natural part was completely true- but I felt like this litter was barely absorbent for my cat's solid waste, let alone urine. It also did a bad job of masking odors and preventing litter from being tracked all over the floor. Although it is kind of cool that the litter is all natural, I really didn't think it did a good job and certainly isn't worth the retail price!

Moisture Absorption
          The moisture absorption of this litter was terrible. The litter itself is comprised of large particles when compared to most other commercial brands of litter. The particles appear to be made of some kind of wood/cardboard stalk and really are not as absorbent as traditional clay pieces in my opinion

This litter was easy to clean given the size of the particulate matter. It was also nice that the litter did not have a lot of dust during pouring and use of litter. I just wish it worked better!

Odor Control
          Did not mask odors really at all.

Easy to use because it is relatively lightweight