3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

All that and a Bag 'o Crap!

**Woot.com** is a unique website.  It comes with its own quirky sense of humor, oddball perspectives and good deals.  I LOVE this site!Woot is for the simplest of simple minded people. Woot sells ONE item per day.  That's it.  The item is listed at 12 midnight [central time] and if it sells out by 10am there is nothing to buy until midnight when a new item is posted.  If it doesn't sell out a new item is still posted at midnight and the leftovers are not for sale.  UNLESS you see flashing orange lights; if you do- do not become alarmed.  The site has gone into Woot-off mode.  When this happens a new item will be launched immediately after the previous item has sold out.  Confusing?  Nah.  Fun.To keep things interesting Woot sometimes sells a "Bag 'O Crap".  It's a kind of online grab bag.  You may get anything from a Wii to a few cables.  Black Friday had $1 Bags 'O Crap.  Woot! Woot!Don't expect normalcy on this site however.  For instance, a Frequently asked question and the site's given answer:  **Question:  "Will I receive customer support like I'm used to?**" **Answer:**  "No. Well, not really. If you buy something you don't end up liking or you have what marketing people call "buyer's remorse," sell it on eBay. It's likely you'll make money doing this and save everyone a hassle. If the item doesn't work, find out what you're doing wrong. Yes, we know you think the item is bad, but it's probably your fault. Google your problem, or come back to that product discussion in our community and ask other people if they know. Try to call the manufacturer and ask if they know. If you give up and must return it to us, then follow on to the next FAQ entry."Consider it a kind of online treasure hunt led by the local loony bin...  I mean that in a good way.  Happy Bargain Hunting.

Good when its good ABSOLUTLEY TERRIBLE WHEN ITS TERRIBLE!!!!

I heard about woot from co-workers at work and when i bookmarked it i was hooked. I checked it everyday, read the quirky descriptions, and i even got on their podcast once. Woot was great for about the first year, i had bought about 5 things with no big deal....But recently woots 5 dollar shipping is not shipping with fed ex smartpost! WHAT A HASSLE!!! not only me but others on the woot forums were complaining about not receiving our product and getting absolutely no response from woot.com....i emailed them from different addresses at their different email addresses they did not respond at all, 1 week went by then two...I got an email saying they would resend them using fed ex which also failed...Every time i emailed them there would be a two to four week lag in response time to answer SIMPLE QUESTIONS. I cannot state how disappointed i was and how angered i was i didnt get any response. They're good when they're good, but when they screw up they DO NOT RESPOND TO ANYONE. There were at least 60 others complaining on their forums about this problem and they gave no responseBUYER BEWARE!!!!!!I will say that they have a unique approach to marketing products that may suck you in, but dont fall for it. Trust me, the more you check that website the more you'll buy useless junk. Because say they have a bluetooth that originally was 60 for 30, if you see deals like that everyday eventually you'll buy stupid stuff that you have no need for...BEWARE OF WOOT!BEWARE PEOPLE! dont let it suck you in, dont think theyre something special because they can write a good review with little funny remarks....BUYER BEWARE! shady business!

I like Woot- but, sometimes you get what you pay for

from Garland, Texas

Comments about Woot.com:

Like any website warehouse purchase, you want to research the prices and brands including reviews if it's possible. Often the price Woot has is not even close to being the best deal. Other times the prices is exceptional, but the product is inferior- cheap and not worth the asking price even if it's 90% off retail.

With that said, occasionally- you won't find a better price no matter how hard you look and the product is well made.

I've purchased a couple of lemons, but for the most part I am happy with the value for the products I purchase.

Adirondack chairs actually just a pile of scrap wood

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Woot.com:

Recently (July 28, 2015), I ordered two Adirondack chairs from Woot. Total was about $130.00. Ad claimed they were made of cypress. Turns out they were sloppily stained soft pine. The hardware was very cheap. Screw heads disintegrated as they were turned. Chairs came partially assembled. Quality was so poor that the factory assembies pulled apart with ease. Screws pulled right out of the wood. I didn't get as far as actually sitting on them. Had I tried, I believe they would have collapsed into a pile of scrap. I complained to Woot in a detailed email. Twenty four hours later, they wrote back and asked for a detailed description of the problem. They said that once they received the email and some photos they would decide if they would help. I'm just going to charge back the order with the credit card company. I'm done with them for good.

Great for deals

Comments about Woot.com:

My husband found woot.com and showed it to me. I found it had a silly sense of humor and was a great place to find an occasional deal. Almost always woot.com offers one item for sale per day. They sell all kinds of different things for example they have computer items, other electronics, toys, clothes, home items and really almost anything you can think of. They sell that one item all day or until it is sold out. Sometimes they have what's called a "woot-off" where they change the items that they have for sale throughout the day. The only thing about this site is you have to do your research before you buy. Some items are a great deal and others not so much. You need to know the value of the item you are buying and what it's worth before you buy or you won't be getting a good deal.

Very simple and easy to navigate through this site. You can click on the deal you want or browse through other categories to look for items you might like on sale.

Product Selection
There are tons of different products you can choose from. Mine and my husbands favorite section though to buy from is the electronics.

Product Pricing
As long as you do your research and know the value of the item you are buying you can get some really great deals. Pricing is great when you find these deals.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is quick and items always arrive in great condition. I have not yet had to make a return so I don't know much about their return policy.

• Shipping and Returns:

Eh, is about all I have to say.

Profile Image

from Florida

Comments about Woot.com:

I honestly dont have a lot of good things to say about Woot. The website is jumbled, not very clean or well organized. Every time I pull it up to see if its gotten any better I am reminded why the website gives me a headache.

I have visited the website multiple times, but only purchased twice. Both were clothing items, and both times it was a hassle. First off getting the products to stay in my cart was a struggle, then checking out took thirty minutes.

Once they were ordered, it took three weeks for the order to arrive the first time, and almost two the second.

When I contacted customer service to see what the hold up was I was put on hold for almost fifteen minutes and then greeted by a very rude customer service person. Not only that but she avoided my questions and wouldn't give me any direct answers. The whole company seemed a little unorganized, which was really disappointing to me. I really wanted them to live up to the hype.

The whole experience was horrible and I will not be shopping with them again.

• Shipping and Returns:

Unsure if I like this site!

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Woot.com:

I shopped this site because it was new to me and because I thought I would get some pretty good deals from the site. This site is not unlike some of the other sites, although you will get a great deal here and there, I can never say this site is my permanent go to site for deal seeking.

Somewhat easy to use the site, although the style of the site does take some getting use to.

Product Selection
They have a variety of different items, although they do not have a great selection of different items to choose from in the same categories.

Product Pricing
The prices are not the greatest, although if you visit the site at specific times you can find certain products that are priced right.

Customer Service
The customer service department is not the greatest. I had to call about an order I made and was passed around to 3 different people before my questions ever addressed.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is expensive and takes forever for it to finally arrive.

Like a mini maze

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Woot.com:

I am still very much on the fence about Woot.com. My reason is because the site is too complicated. They generally have items I want in stock but - most of the items displayed on the site don't have the actual prices so you have to basically click on the item and sometimes add to your cart. All of that just to unveil the price. I generally want to shop quickly and get off the site. The way they have their website set up is a real inconvenience for me. The other thing I am not too fond of is the frequency of their email advertisements. What I do enjoy about the site is their overall price and quality. They are consistent with their business practices and it really shows that they are a business that wants to hear from and engage with their customers so that they can gain a better understanding of what their customer's wants and needs. Another thing that's good to know the site is somewhat messy and it can be difficult to find the site search bar because of the jumbling. Other than that, the site offers some great deals that are worth taking advantage of.

Profile Image

Comments about Woot.com:

I was on the look for a good deal on an electronic since I dislike paying full price for anything. A friend suggested woot.com, so I checked it out. Woot.com basically sells items online for a multitude of different companies at a discount. Most of the items are discontinued or refurbished. They only have the items for a certain amount of hours so if you see something you want you need to get it right away. I have very pleased with the items I have bought on here. My refurbished items are basically brand new, they do not look used. They have tons of merchandise to choose from and a daily woot, which is the day's top deal.

Select one of the categories from the top and scroll through, very easy to use. See something you like and just select add to cart and check out like you would on any other website.

Product Selection
They have a pretty big selection of electronics, apparel, tools, jewelry, and home and garden.

Product Pricing
Everything is sold at a discount.

Shipping and Returns
Items usually ship out within a day or two and arrive fast.

Great Deals

from Utah

Comments about Woot.com:

With our new house, I was in the market for some new tools to do some projects. I usually use either Amazon or our local Ace Hardware to get tools and other home improvement projects. But when I came across woot.com, I decided to check out their tools. Some things were pretty comparable to the other stores I use, but I was able to find some good deals here that I had not found elsewhere. Overall, it has been added to the stores that I like to consult and use.

Product Selection
I was very pleased with the selection of tools and home improvement items. However, I also checked out their electronics with an interest in a new iPad. I was disappointed to see that they only sell refurbished iPads and do not have new ones.

Product Pricing
Some prices were pretty comparable to other stores that I use. For instance, the Dewalt drill bit set that they have was the same price that our local Ace had them on sale for a couple months ago. However, I was able to find a good pegboard for hanging tools at a much lower price than I had seen otherwise.

One of the worst

from Denham Springs, LA

Comments about Woot.com:

Woot.com is a beautiful website, but deceiving. Pictures on woot.com are large and attractive. The site advertises great prices for what appear to be great items. I ordered a train table from woot.com as a birthday present for my two year old son. After seeing the picture and the price, on sale for 50% off retail, I thought it was a steal. The train table cost $79 with shipping. I received the item within the specified delivery time, but was shocked when the train table showed up in a small box. Small enough for my 84 year old grandmother to pick it up and carry it inside. I put the table together only to realize it looks more like half of a regular size train table. The train and building block pieces that came with it were cheap quality and no fun to play with. I didn't contact customer service because I thought it wasn't worth the shipping to send it back. For me ordering, payment, and shipment went well. I just feel like the site has misleading product representation for the price they are selling items for.

Fizzled Out

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Woot.com:

I first heard of Woot.com through a friend who ordered a Roomba robot vacuum. I was looking for a similar item when I signed up for the website's emails and updates. At first, there were quite a few items that I was interested in and actually did purchase.
I finally found a robot vacuum from Neato Robotics, but later saw the upgraded version offered on the site for the same price as the one I purchased and was unable to take advantage of this great offer.
Every so often, there's something called a Woot Off. I am still unclear about what this is, and the product descriptions are blocked out by a Woot.com logo. When I clicked on an item, I only saw a huge category of items and was still confused about the sale pricing.
I still subscribe to the daily emails, but find myself rarely checking them. There are not many products that I am interested in, even though I set my preferences rather specifically. Additionally, the prices are often higher than I've found on Amazon and other online retailers.