3.2

3.2

Pros

Cons

Woman Within Plus Size Clothing - Sizes 12W-44W

One of the things that attracted my attention to this site was not only the larger women's sizes; but the fact that they had the larger sizes in Petite.  That's very difficult to...Read complete review

One of the things that attracted my attention to this site was not only the larger women's sizes; but the fact that they had the larger sizes in Petite.  That's very difficult to find.

**WomanWithin.com **carries Coats, Denim, Swimwear, Sleepwear, Lingerie, Shoes and Accessories (Jewelry, Beauty, Handbags and Luggage).  They have Petite and Tall sizes which is a plus for many shoppers.  Sign up for their e-mails; and you will be flooded with special offers and free shipping coupons.  If you're a paper kinda gal, they also have a catalog.

- Right now (1/18/11), they are running a Winter Blitz with up to 80% off on coats, boots, sweaters, etc.

The site is easy to navigate; and their phone lines are open 24/7.  Refunds are unconditional up to 90 days.  After 90 days, you must take a store credit.  Join the Bra Club, buy 5 qualifying bras (see restrictions); and get a voucher for $30 towards a bra, plus shipping.

Woman Within is partnered with OneStopPlus.com; and I was told that you can combine your orders into one.

- I've read some negative reviews on merchandise quality.  Here are some tips:  Read the item description very carefully including type of material, construction, etc.  Then read buyer reviews, noting fabric quality, construction and sizing.  Does the garment run large, small, true-to-size?

I purchased a coat and two pair of jeans on sale and was quite satisfied, especially with the coat.  The comments on the coat were that it ran a little big; and that was exactly what I wanted.

Reversible Berber Anorak

[http://www.viewpoints.com/Woman-Within-Reversible-Berber-Anorak-review-8f573][1]

WomanWithin.com gives us plus-size ladies another affordable option.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Woman-Within-Reversible-Berber-Anorak-review-8f573

Be Careful Ordering, It Costs to return or exchange.

Good Lord.

Good Lord.

I've ordered from here years ago, in order to get T shirts that go below my behind. I ordered (in faith they were what they said they were) 10 t shirts, 5 tunics, 2 yoga pants, 2 jeans, and 1 cargo pants.

I'll start with the shirts.  I was "told" according to their sizing to order a large (being a size 18 I really questioned it, but hey). The bulk of the shirts arrived along with the Yoga pants, the jeans back ordered along with the cargoes that were on sale.

The shirts were thin, like many complained. I remember them being much thicker than they were. Being 27 inches long, I have to laugh, because only the tunics which were listed as longer, actually cover my backside.  The sizing is wierd. Some of the shirts (and they all are the same brand, just different colors) fit fine, some are snug. They all got washed in the same temp water in the same washer and dryer, and the snug ones fit like sausages!

The tunics are different. Some are by another company, some by the same as same company that did the v neck t shirts. I really don't know why, as they all came from the same lot numbers from the same catologues.  They are not consistant in thickness, nor in length, and not in stretch fabric; some do, some don't.

The yoga boot length pants are fabulous being cotton/lyric, easy to take care of  pants. However, they, too, are thin! Don't expect the same thickness as traditional yoga pants that you could wear in winter, it won't happen.

The jeans being the same size (18w) was really a disaster. The pants are huge everywhere but the waist. I needed to send them back, never mind the sausage fitting t-shirts, but I need pants!

Good luck with that. They have a 'return policy' that requires you to order the new pants first, be charged for them and then return the ones that were sent. NO shipping covered and was told I NEEDED to buy a bag to return them in, as it was ripped from the Post Office.  Too bad. Good luck, we can't send you one.

Besides having to talk to two departments (one a return person, then to customer service who determines the return???), I have yet to receive emails about date of items shipped (hey, this is a big order), and I am still out the cargo pants and one tunic. (not to mention returning the jeans).

Look, my suggestion:  If you need clothes like I do being a hobbit (short and stout), I suggest you shop around and ask about return policies, shipping policies and email alerts for your peace of mind.  Trying to deal with these people is rough, unless you don't mind paying twice for clothing, shipping and handling as well as bags to send items back. You have back ordered clothing that you aren't emailed about and left wondering what you are going to receive.

Lane Bryant, Avenue, Dress Barn, much better folks.

Watch the fabric

from Fort Wayne, in

Comments about WomanWithin.com:

Watch the fabrics! They can be terribly cheap and poorly made. However, some items have worked very well.

Great clothing

from grandforks, n

Comments about WomanWithin.com:

I never really had a problem with W.W.the only fews would be the sleeves are to short (I have long arms)&some zippers go done on some of the jeans&why why do they have skinny models modeling clothes, isn't w.w a plus size company? Better get real plus size models so us bigger women can see what it will look like.thanks.

Poor Quality, Not a Good Company

Comments about WomanWithin.com:

This company should not even get one star. Ordered large amount of clothing based on the catalog desciption. One item I questioned the size so I ordered what their chart said I would wear and also ordered the next size up. Well, guess what their size chart was too small and the next size up was too big. They must be altering the clothes for their models. Petite inseam is usually 28/29 not 31 1/2. All but one item was of poor quality. Paid a large shipping fee for order, when I returned order(not one of seven items fit)I was charged postage plus 10%. There is no where on the return slip it says you must pay a penalty for returning your order. Lost over $40.00 in shipping fees and return costs.Stay away from this company.

comfort choice soft cup bra

from grandforks, n

Comments about WomanWithin.com:

I live the comfort choice soft cup bras.., I never have a great comfortable bra unrolled I tried w/w bras.&@$10.00 I think I will order a few more (if I can still get them @this reasonable price)

Its a fantastic bra every large or some breasted women needs a few.

Product Selection
I'm ordering some more soon

Not Consistent Sizing and Customer Service is Pathetic

from Palm Bay, FL

Comments about WomanWithin.com:

There are a number of problems with Woman Within and I only wish I had looked at reviews of them before I spent years purchasing from them. First of all, don't try to rate an item online at less than 3 stars; they will NOT publish the review, they will send you and email telling you how to return it. And don't try to respond to the email, it's not a working address. Secondly, if you DO return an item, be prepared for a hefty re-stocking fee -- they aren't up front about this so buyer beware. Thirdly, if you receive an item that is CLEARLY mislabeled or damaged, know that it DOES NOT MATTER to them --- they will charge you a re-stocking fee even if it is ENTIRELY their fault. Pictures of the size discrepancies do NOT matter. And last, but not least, the quality is horrible on many items and shrinkage is usually a given. Look elsewhere for plus sized clothing.

Shipping and Returns
Be prepared to pay hefty re-stocking fees --- and it doesn't matter if the clothing shrinks, is tagged wrong, etc. it will ALWAYS be your fault if you return it. No matter how much you complain, submit photographs or write letters, they simply will charge you to re-stock that item.

It's alright

from TN

Comments about WomanWithin.com:

I first heard of womanwithin.com from a family friend. I am a 25 year old plus sized girl and I find it harder to find clothes that fit me the way I would like them to. Womanwithin.com has a lot of clothes for plus sized women. Unfortunately, the clothes seemed too outdated for me. They remind me of clothes that I seen people wearing twenty years ago. Of course there are some clothes that are up to date and in style, but most of them seem old fashioned. The website offers great deals, which is nice if these are clothes that you would like. Some of the items on the website are pretty overpriced too. I was ordering a cute top I found on the website and thought about ordering some solid colored long sleeve shirts too, but they were twenty dollars a piece. I think this is too high because I can go to a local store and buy them for literally about six dollars a piece. Overall this website is easy to use but the clothing is just not my style. I would recommend others to take a look for themselves because they honestly have goo deals on some things sometimes that may make shopping on the website worthwhile.

from Chesapeake, VA

Comments about WomanWithin.com:

WomanWithin.com sells women's clothing, sizes 12 - 44. I would rate their clothes as average, not high quality, but not as cheaply made as Blair's merchandise. Most of the clothes sold through WomanWithin.com are polyester blends, which I dislike because that fabric will pill, and I don't have time to pick off the pills or remove them with a fabric shaver. Especially disappointing are their printed tee shirts and sleep shirts, because the prints will fade quickly, or crack and flake off after only a few washings, even in cold water. Another problem is that WomanWithin.com will substitute a "similar" item if what was ordered is sold out by the time they fill your order (usually about 2-3 days from the time it's placed) and the substitutes were not similar enough in my opinion to be satisfactory. Example: they sent a tee shirt that was only the same color as the original I ordered. The replacement was from a different manufacturer, had a different style of fit, sleeve length, and neckline style. It would have cost me more to ship it back than keep it. Shipping is slow, about 7-10 days to receive your order. Overall, I would not recommend ordering anything from WomanWithin.com that is full-price, and I would also wait until they have a free shipping offer or clearance. The best alternative is to try their sister site, OneStopPlus.com, which consolidates clearance merchandise from WomanWithin, Roaman's, Jessica London, and they accept all coupon codes from those stores.

Shipping and Returns
expensive, given that it's relatively slow.

Comfortable styling

from chicago Illinois

Comments about WomanWithin.com:

This online store is decent enough, if you like the style of the clothing they sell. I am somewhat partial to the clothing because of the overall comfort the clothing has to offer.

The site seems pretty easy to navigate, I have noticed that some time it does take awhile to load all their products, because the search filters are not the greatest.

Product Selection
They have a wide variety of clothing styles, mainly for the outdoor type woman, possibly in her mid 50's.

Product Pricing
Some of the items they offer are expensive, for the type of clothing they offer. They do have huge sales from time to time that balance it all out in the end.

Customer Service
I really like the customer service department, they are very professional and courteous every time I have called them.

Shipping and Returns
The shipping charges are pretty expensive at this site, however it does ship pretty fast. The returns department is pretty good also, no complaints.

expensive shipping

from IN

Comments about WomanWithin.com:

This website caters to plus size clothing. The major issue I have with womanwithin.com is the variety of sizing in their merchandise, and the hassle of returning an item. The product selection is great, offering everything from a size Medium (12-14) to a size 5x (38-40), so there is a vast size selection. They offer everyday basics from socks and undergarments, to casual tops and jeans, office wear; blouses, slacks and skirts to even formal gowns. They also offer accessories such as shoes, belts and jewelry. Their pricing is average to high for clothing, often they offer coupon codes or discounts. I feel their shipping is too high, I will often not place an order as the prices are no longer competitive when shipping is added. I have found a blouse on clearance for $9.00, but after tax and shipping ($7.99 shipping for 1 item) that sale price was doubled. I appreciate they have customer reviews, which are very helpful in determining if an item will be good fit/quality. Customer service is helpful to place an order with an operator, or you can do all the ordering online.

Nice clothes site

from Utah

Comments about WomanWithin.com:

After out second son was born, my wife was looking for jeans and shorts that were smaller than she had just been wearing. I started looking at womanwithin.com to find some for her, and we have been able to find great deals on clothes that fit and feel great. Overall, we've been pleased with this site and plan to continue using it.

The homepage lists the current deals, which is a nice way of seeing them and being sure that we will not miss any good ones. The navigation bars are clearly laid out and well-labeled to take you to the section that you are looking for. We did not need to waste time looking through several categories for what we wanted, since it was laid out so well.

Product Pricing
Clothes on the site are priced better than some stores we've shopped at (Macy's, Penney's, etc). The site also offers a discount on your first purchase if you sign up for their emails, which is nice for the first time you use them.