2.1
Other Health & Beauties:
Flowers and Gift Websites
Wolfermans.com

Wolfermans.com

The best breakfast you'll ever have!

For the first few months after we moved into our new house, we received catalogs and brochures for stores the old owners used to frequent.  One such catalog was Wolferman's.  I had never heard of Wolferman's, but one look through the catalog and I was in love.

Wolferman's began as a corner grocery store in Kansas City, MO in 1888.  Now, it is one of the most respected gourmet breakfast food companies in the country.  Wolferman's is famous for its unique English muffins, but carries a large selection of other tasty breakfast foods as well.  They sell gift baskets/towers for every occasion and every budget.  You can make your own gift collection or just order the products you want individually.

You've heard of fruit-of-the-month clubs and gifts...well Wolferman's has their own version of this concept.  They offer a breakfast club which offers a variety of amazing breakfast items shipped right to your door each month, and a muffin club which brings you their signature English muffins every month.

As mentioned above, Wolferman's is famous for its signature English muffins.  These yummy English muffins come in 13 flavors like Apple Orchard, Pumpkin Spice, Wild Maine Blueberry, Cheddar Cheese, Chocolate Chip,and  Cinnamon Raisin...just to name my favorites.  Other available breakfast foods include scones, tea bread, coffee cake, cinnamon rolls, french toast, and much more.  The potential combinations are endless.

I did the Wolferman's muffin club for about a year, before deciding that it was cheaper to just make my own sampler.  The muffin club includes toppings, and I didn't always use or like them, so this wasn't a good option for me.  However, with the create-your-own-sampler, I can get exactly the flavors I want for a much lower price.  12 packages will cost you $40 + shipping and handling.  It is pretty expensive, but worth every penny (even though the shipping is a few steps up from ridiculous).  This is one of my necessary indulgences!  These English muffins have a great texture and are really big...not like the small ones you buy in the grocery store.  I usually freeze 10 of the 12 packages and thaw them out in the fridge for about a day or so before I plan to eat them.  This keeps them fresh and allows me to save money by buying in bulk.

If you are looking for a great holiday gift idea for that one difficult person on your list, this is definitely a good bet.  Anyone would feel special after receiving a yummy assortment of gourmet breakfast food.  It is also a fun way to treat yourself or your family to a special morning meal!

Stay away from Wolferman's!

We sent this product to a family member for Christmas. It was a  breakfast basket with english muffins, bread, coffee, scones , honey spread and jelly. When she received the package she notified us that is was "tasteless, stale and dry" and not worth the money we paid. I called Wolferman's and they were easy to work with on the phone, although the wait time was long to speak to someone. They agreed to send us the same package, as I was curious as to how bad this stuff was. Although I wouldn't use words as strong as my family member, I would agree that the quality of the product was sub par. The english muffin was dry, and not nearly as good as I would expect from Harry and David's. The loaf of bread in the package is rock hard. I would recommend finding another mail order company instead of Wolferman's.

Never again

from New York

Comments about Wolfermans.com:

I ordered a tower for the parents of my new son-in law for Christmas. I ordered earty December. On 12/22 I received an email that my order was just shipped! Fed-ex tracking showed delivery for 12/28. I called the company and a rude phone agent told me the order would be delivered by 8 pM on 12/24, which was contrary to the tracking information on the fedex site. Bottom line: it wasn't delivered until 12/28. Inexcusable! Given the fact that vote as ordered weeks before it was shipped.
I was embarrassed that this was my daughter's first married Christmas and I wanted her in -laws to have it by the holidays!
I will never order from them again. I have never heard of such a delivery delay and I can't get over how rude the agent was. Too many good companies out there then to be bothered by this mediocre at best.. company.

Rip off alert! Very Disappointed!

from Salt Lake City, Ut

Comments about Wolfermans.com:

I placed this order well before Christmas to a dear family where the site stated a delivery date a few days before Christmas. It never came. Every time I contacted them about this late arrival, the delivery date extended further and further out until the family wasn't even home and on vacation for New Years!! What a waste of money, not to even begin to talk about the sub par quality of the basket itself. Unreliable company. Will not be ordering again. Very disappointed.

Bad customer service

from Boston, MA

Comments about Wolfermans.com:

I ordered a Christmas gift for my family that was promised by December 23rd. When it didn't arrive as promised, I called Wolfermans and spent more than an hour on the phone. A supervisor, Dorothy, finally called me back and said the entire order was put on hold because one product 0f twelve was not available. Note that the site did not say it was unavailable when I ordered nor did I ever receive an email informing me that my order would be delayed. Dorothy then informed me that my order would not arrive until December 28th which is unacceptable to me because the gift was food was to be enjoyed by my recipient's company over the holiday. Dorothy then offered to send an "apology" letter. I honestly thought she was kidding. Wolfermans should have offered to send the gift overnight with a discount. I will never order from such a disreputable Company again.

Very disappointed!!

from Lemont, ILlinois

Comments about Wolfermans.com:

I have been a customer of Wolferman's for many, many years and was quite happy with their products. Unfortunately today, when I placed a $300.00 order, I was only able to use one coupon "Friend" for 20% off but not the free shipping. When I received the brochure the other day, they advertised, free 20 % off and free shipping if you spend $79.00 or more. When I asked if they would honor both the young man got the manager and this lady did not budge it was one or the other. I thanked her and told her to cancel my order and take me off their mailing list. She stated no problem and never apologized or anything except kept saying there is nothing she can do. It's one or the other. So very disappointed but will not be ordering from them and now they have lost $300 in sales from me today. Not very business orientated!

email bombardment and unsuccessful unsubscribe

from southeastern US

Comments about Wolfermans.com:

my wife ordered a product out of nostalgia for this established brand. Product arrived - nothing special and would not reorder. But without having requested emails, a daily (yes, every single day!) email arrives in my inbox. Unsubscribe is a cumbersome process in Wolfermans systems. Repeated resubmitting of "unsubscribe" have not stopped the annoying barrage. - Who needs to receive an email from a merchant like Wolfermans on a DAILY basis. Hard to believe that in this day and age an online retailer would be so careless and uncaring in their online presence and conduct.

What happened to Wolferman's?

from Boston, MA

Comments about Wolfermans.com:

Being 70, I can remember when Wolferman's really did have among the best English Muffins you could buy. They were huge and delicious. They've been going downhill every since they were taken over by Harry & Davids. I swore I'd never buy from them again after they totally screwed up a Christmas order to my daughter, but, I weakened and with the promise of free postage, put in an order for English muffins, bagels and crumpets. Bagels look good, nothing special. Crumpets are the same brand I can buy down the street. English muffins have become mini-muffins. How small? Go to their Spring (2016) catalog or website and their Muffin Master cutter. Note that the cutter, with 6 tines, is filled by one of their current muffins. I bought a Muffin Master from them about 10 years ago. It has 11 tines, thus is much wider, and the muffins they sold then just fit that tool. Thickness is also about half what it used to be. Wolferman's has sunk to being about the same size as good 'ol Thomas'.Flavor not any better. And my local (chain) grocery store sells generic muffins that are actually larger than the ones I received from Wolfermans. That's it, they've been ruined by take over artists and greed. Last ever order, I promise.

perfect if you like preservatives and transfats

from Salem, OR

Comments about Wolfermans.com:

I have received Wolfermans baked goods a few times as gifts. The most recent gift was a box of six different English muffins. The varieties include basic recipes and fruit flavored. The listed ingredients include a variety of preservatives, hydrogenated oils, and artificial colors. One recipe, called "Traditional English Muffin" and labeled "Original 1910 recipe" includes ingredients that I doubt very much were used in 1901 (calcium priprionate and potassium sorbate). I don't eat food with non food ingredients. I won't even feed these to my chickens. So into the dustbin they go. What a waste of resources and money.

Product ingredients are not listed on the Wolferman's website.

Incidentally, the package included a card inviting comments about products on the Wolferman's website, but I can find no link on the product pages to do so. I did last year, and I didn't leave a good review (same comments about the artificial ingredients). Hmmm.

First and last time!

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Wolfermans.com:

I saw their ad in the WSJ and thought it would make a nice gift for a good friend. Ordering the cheesecake was easy and the shipping was timely. My friend commented on the excellence of the packaging when he received the gift but waited until their Christmas meal to have the product for a dessert. His comment was that the product was "barely edible".

Never again.

Unbeatable

Comments about Wolfermans.com:

I placed my order by phone from the catalog I had received. I always find talking about orders better than just checking a catalog item. I learn much more and hear about items I might not have thought of. Phone courtesy and service were the most helpful I'd ever encountered. The English muffins and coffee cake we soon received were wolfed down in no time. Wolferman's is indeed the best! I would recommend the company to one and all. You can't go wrong.

• Product Selection:
  • Product Pricing:
  • Customer Service:
  • Shipping and Returns:

Delicious

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Wolfermans.com:

Anyone looking for special treats to give as gifts or to purchase for themselves can find what they need of wolfmans.com. This website has so many delicious treats to choose from including muffins, cookies and pastries. You can also purchase gift baskets and towers from this website. The website is visually pleasing and will most likely make your mouth water. The website is easy to navigate as well. The top of the main screen provides drop down menus allowing you to easily search by categories such as holiday, occasion, price and product type. There are only two options for holidays though, I think they should add more to this category. I do believe the shipping prices are a bit much. Shipping is charged based on the number of items ordered and increased with each additional item. All major credit cards as well as paypal can be used for forms of payment,and orders can be placed by phone, internet and by mail. I have used them on a couple occasions before, for my moms birthday and a large family holiday. On both occasions the treat packages I purchased arrive undamaged and within a timely manner. They were delicious and we had none left over. Even though the shipping was, in my opinion, a bit expensive, I would recommend and order from them again. They also have great customer service and reply promptly to emails/questions.