Other Bakewares:

Wilton Indulgence 9" Round Cake Pan

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Stick:

Perfect cakes everytime! and easy to clean too!

I'm not an expert at making layered cakes, but I do think they are the most fun cakes to make.  So when I registered for wedding gifts, I made sure to put 2 **Wilton Indulgence 9" Round Cake Pans** on my list.  I couldn't be happier with the performance of these pans.

**Non-Stick**Although most my recipes call for greasing the pan, I find that even when I don't grease the pan, the cakes come out fairly easily.  I just take a spatula along the sides to make sure it's not stuck, then turn it over onto a plate and (with a few shakes) it falls right off.

**Oversized Handles** They advertise that this has oversized handles, and I did notice!  My mom's pans didn't have very big handles so it was hard to flip the cake out.  These pans are easy to grip, even with gloves on, and easy to flip as well.  My husbands pans didn't even have handles, talk about a pain trying to get the cake out!

**Yummy Cakes**My cakes come out very tasty every time and perfectly shaped.  I always find they are cooked straight through to the center and I never notice any problems.  In the past I've used pans where the sides cooked well but the middle was undercooked or stuck to the bottom.

**Easy to clean**When all is said and done, it is very easy to clean these pans.  Just use hot water and soap, scrub with a soft sponge, and in 30 seconds or less the pan is sparkling clean.  Even one recipe I made called for me to pour very sticky sauce all over the cake while it was in the pan.  After doing the spatula trick to remove the cake from the pan, the pan still cleaned very easily.

**Final Evaluation**Wilton is a brand I've really come to trust.  Everthing I've gotten from them has been very high quality, and these round cake pans don't disappoint.  They make cake making easy (well easier) from start to finish.  Now I can focus on trying not to screw up the recipe and no longer worry about the final product sticking to the pans.  Enjoy!!

I don't like this pan at all.

I can't stress enough how much I dislike these pans.  I bought a set that came with two 9in. round pans because they were cheap.  You get what you pay for.  They don't bake even.  No matter how slow I bake my cakes they stil burn around the edges.  I have some other pans that are commercial quality pans and they never burn and always cook even.  I will never buy these cheap, poor quality pans again.

Great For Making Layered Cakes

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Wilton Indulgence 9" Round Cake Pan:

If you like making layered cakes but hate having to fight to get them out of the baking pans chances are you aren't using the correct release spray or your non-stick pan needs to be replaced. That's how I came across the nine inch Indulgence pan from Wilton; while this does cost more than their other comparable cake pans I have never had any problems with cakes sticking to the inside of the pan.

The downside is that if you are making a layered cake then you will need to make two or three individual cakes and that can be time consuming if you only have one pan at your disposal because you will need to wait for the cake to cool down before you flip it over or you could end up with a huge crack in the cake.

This is a non-stick pan that I use mostly for making layered cakes but I have used it to make cookie pies and a small batch of brownies. I like that it is non-stick but you have to be careful with the utensils that you use when removing things from it and avoid cutting things inside the pan. I watched in complete horror when a friend picked up a knife and started cutting up the cake in to pieces so she could make a checkerboard design; not only did she end up with uneven pieces but she put some deep scratches into the bottom of the cake pan.

One of the biggest problems with making a cake in a round cake pan is getting it to cook evenly; with some round cake pans you end up with a cooked center but dry edges or a seemingly perfect cake that has a raw spot in the middle. This does cook more evenly than other nine inch pans so it is a nice option if your oven isn't completely accurate in regards to the temperature setting.

• Doesn't Stick:

Perfect pan for cake baking!

Comments about Wilton Indulgence 9" Round Cake Pan:

If you're like me and love to make a boxed layer cake every month, you have a good set of nine-inch round cake pans in your cupboard or Lazy Susan for the occasion. I ordered a few of these Wilton pans for my mom's birthday last year because our ancient round pans were wearing out on the bottoms and we love our layer cakes more than sheet cakes, and they do NOT have cake residue stuck on them after we put the layers on the cooling racks! You barely need to spray them either to have cake that just slides right out, and they fit perfectly on the same oven rack.

The smooth surface holds the cooking spray and fits perfectly in the 350 degree oven without getting any burn marks on it. The cake bakes great and slides right out onto the cooling rack without leaving any residue behind.

Even if some batter drips on it without you noticing and it gets baked on, just use a soapy rag to wipe it off and it's just fine! All it takes is hot water to rinse the spray off the inside too before you ever actually WASH it.

I can tell already that these pans are going to last a LONG time baking cake after cake in the 350 degree oven, because the smooth dark surface just takes the heat and does NOT get scratched at all, and it helps to wash and dry them completely before storing in a cupboard after every use to keep them their strongest.

It's as simple a pan as you can find, just about, and it gets the job done while fitting in great with my kitchen. I love the handles to carry it even though once I get it out of the oven I need hot pads!

Doesn't Stick
As long as you remember to spray it when the directions call for it you won't have to worry about anything sticking to it. However, I've made layers with cookie dough that don't require greased pans and they STILL don't stick when I turn them out onto the cooling racks! It still surprises me when a recipe says not to grease the baking sheet or pan.

Every Baker Needs a Couple Wilton Round Cake Pans

from St. Louis, MO

Comments about Wilton Indulgence 9" Round Cake Pan:

If you are a baker in any sense, especially if you have people around for whom you will, at some point, make a birthday cake, then a couple of Wilton Indulgence 9" Round Cake Pans are a necessity. They make the baking process much simpler than the old style, conventional round pans. I'm thrilled that I made the switch.

These pans make excellent cakes. As long as you watch your oven temperature, these pans will give you beautifully even results. Cooking times are very consistent.

Because they have a non-stick coating (and one that's technically safe to use with metal utensils) these pans are a breeze to clean.

They have a lifetime warranty, so Wilton certainly believes they will last!

I love the handles on these pans! Conventional round cake pans are difficult to pull out of the oven without sticking a potholder in the cake and also difficult to get flipped over when extracting the cake from the pan. The handles on these pans eliminate both problems.

Doesn't Stick
I have never had a cake stick with these pans, which is incredible. Stuck cakes make a disaster to ice. Cake will not stick in these pans and you will be able to turn out beautifully iced cakes every time.

LOVE the Wilton Round Cake Pans

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Wilton Indulgence 9" Round Cake Pan:

The Wilton Indulgence 9" round cake pan is such a great pan. This is one that you will definitely want to have in your kitchen if you are a baker. The Wilton brand has stood the test of time and I think it is a high quality brand. You can't go wrong with any of the Wilton pans. Other brands have tried to mimic this great brand, but Wilton continues to be my go-to brand when I have a pan to buy. The Indulgence line is great, and with these pans I like that it has the handles on the sides. Sometimes it is so hard to get things out of the oven with just a mitt and barely anything to hold on to, so I like that part of this pan. Beginner bakers will find that baking in these pans is fool proof, and expert bakers will love the quality and the ease of baking that Wilton provides.

Clean up is so easy with Wilton pans. Just use Crisco grease and you will be good to go.

Doesn't Stick
If you use a Crisco grease, you will have no problems. I don't like the spray in my Wilton pans.

• Doesn't Stick:

Wilton makes the best baking products

from Hampstead, MD

Comments about Wilton Indulgence 9" Round Cake Pan:

I love baking and would not dream of doing any baking with any other baking pans. Wilton makes the best quality stuff. it might be a little bit pricy but it is weel worth the investment. Trust me invest some of that hard earnes money on their prducts. They have any thing you can thnk if needing to all kinds of cakes and cupcakes for adults and kids alike. I feel like if i use quality pruducts it makes better quality cakes and cupcakes. they have anything you could possibly need to decorate cakes including books that show you excactly how to do them. Makes it seem very easy.

Frequent Baker

from North Charleston, SC

Comments about Wilton Indulgence 9" Round Cake Pan:

The Wilton Indulgence 9" Round Cake Pans are far superior to most cake pans. The cakes bake evenly and are released easily. I've made cakes in them without even greasing the pans and the cakes still don't stick. Wilton Indulgence's non-stick coating seems better than comparably priced pans. My cakes turn out perfectly every time.

These pans are worth their listed price but have the added attraction of frequently going on sale. At the sale price, the pans are a real bargain. When you catch them on sale, you'll be glad that you bought several of them.

The Wilton line is known for making quality pans and the Wilton Indulgence 9" Round Cake Pans are a welcome addition to the family. I've given a few as gifts and each person that I gave them to really liked them. There's nothing about them not to love. The Wilton Indulgence Round Cake Pans are quality pans at a reasonable cost that make baking much easier.

Cakes come out perfectly!

from Bell, CA

Comments about Wilton Indulgence 9" Round Cake Pan:

I love this cake pan! I've used it about 100 times (literally) since i first got it because i often participate in bake sales at my local church. I've made about every kind of cake out there in this pan and it always comes out the often baked perfectly through and evenly. It's also nonstick and saves you the hassle of using excess sprays that can alter the flavor of baked goods. I've also used this for large cookies that i like to top with goodies to similate a pizza. i just press the cookie dough (usually simple sugar cookie dough) to the bottom of the pan, i make sure it's even on the bottom and it comes out very easily when it's done. i also, on occasion, use foil to line the bottom of the pan with extra hanging along the edge so i can easily remove cakes to cool right away that i don't want to turn upside down. though you definitely don't need to use aluminum foil, it saves some time for cleaning!

This Wilton pan is fantastic and a great value

from Cleburne, TX

Comments about Wilton Indulgence 9" Round Cake Pan:

I bought  2 of these Wilton Indulgence 9" pans over a year ago and I am so impressed every time I use them.  There is a line of Wilton pans that are cheaper than the Indulgence line but they were not non-stick.  As a newly wed I didn't have the money to drop on all new high end bake pieces so I got these honestly thinking they would maybe get me through until I got the more expensive ones but they have far exceeded my expectations.  Every time I use these I use a little bit of baking spray (not cooking spray there is a huge difference) and I have never had a cake stick, they always fall right out.  The cakes always bake evenly as well with the bottoms and sides being uniform in color. They are super easy to clean as well.  I'm sure you can put them in the dishwasher but it wears non-stick surfaces out quicker so I never put anything non-stick in the dishwasher.  I liked these so much I saved my money and bought the Wilton Indulgence muffin pans instead of pricier ones.

Great Product, Cakes Fall Right Out!

from Eclectic, AL

Comments about Wilton Indulgence 9" Round Cake Pan:

The Wilton Indulgence 9" Round Cake Pans are the best cake pans I have ever used. I bought these a little  over a year ago, and they are way better than any other pan in numerous ways. The handles on the side of the pan make it very easy to grab hold of, and cakes come out of the pan with ease. Clean-up is a breeze. These pans produce evenly cooked, perfect cakes. They hold up very well, and still look exactly like they did the day I bought them. I love to bake, and although I do not bake that many cakes, these pans have make cake-baking so much more enjoyable. I have not once had the center of  a cake stay stuck to the inside of the pan while the rest of the cake comes out. I have also never had to struggle to get the cake out of the pan. Cakes come right out of this pan, with all parts still attached and looking beautiful. The material of the pan makes for very easy clean up, and there is no soaking required. In my opinion, this is the best cake pan on the market.

Wilton products are top quality!

from Lisle, IL

Comments about Wilton Indulgence 9" Round Cake Pan:

If you were to search a wedding registry, what would you find? If you assume Wilton will be on the list, you're totally right.

I registered for Wilton before knowing anything about the product, simply because Bed Bath and Beyond sells the product in such large quantities all over their store. It looked classy so I assumed it must be good. Well, I'm glad I made that assumption. Now owning this round cake pan for 2.5 years, I can tell you that it gets great use and is super durable and easy to clean. I would say it's quite inexpensive and the product itself is long-lasting. It's nonstick, which is something I really want in baking. It's important my cake comes out perfectly without pieces stuck to the bottom. We all know how frustrating that can be.

Wilton is a trusted brand and can be purchased at just about all retailers that sell bakeware and cookware. I'd buy this product again in a heartbeat.