Other Bakewares:

Wilton Dimensions Giant Cupcake Pan

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Stick:

This is fun and turns out great

I made my daughters cake in this and it came out great. A few tips. #1 you technically only need one box of cake mix. Fill both to the half way mark. If you want to add more that is fine. Just make a second box and fill up 2/3's of the way. Use the rest of the batter to make cupcakes or something else. But only one box is necessary.

#2nd tip. Make sure the cake is completely cooled before releasing the cake. Place upside down while cooling. It will automatically release. The first time I did this, I did not let it cool upside down. After shaking and trying to get it to release - it did but it took a very very long time.

If you try and take the cake out while the cake or pan is still warm, your cake will fall apart. It should cool in 1 hour.

Once they are out, place them on top of eachother. I put frosting in the middle of the top and bottom to hold it together and decorated the top only. Enjoy! Looks great!!

Giant Cupcake Pan is neat looking, but a space hog!

I bought this Wilton Dimensions Giant Cupcake Pan last year with grand intentions of using it often for special occasions. Well, after having it a year I have used it a grand total of 1 time. The pan itself is very large, almost 2 feet long and probably 8 inches deep, thus it takes an extra deep or wide cabinet to accomodate it. Another thing that I don't like about it is that one store bought cake mix does not fill it up. It probably fills it up 2/3rd's of the way. So if you use 2 cake mixes then it is too much and one cake mix is too little. Also the swirl design on top of the cupcake is neat, but if you frost it, then you can't see the design at all, and really who wants to eat a cupcake without the frosting. I thought my two young children would enjoy it more than they do. They would rather pick other designs and themes for birthday cakes and for everyday cakes it is too much of a hassle. Overall there are other specialty cake pans that I would rather have than this.

All purpose

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Wilton Dimensions Giant Cupcake Pan:

There isn't really too much not to love about the Wilton Dimensions Giant Cupcake Pan. It is truly a multi-dimensional cake pan with so many awesome possibilities. It takes a little bit longer to bake because of it's size and depth. The bottom of the cupcake can be done in several different layers. I personally find it's shape a bit whimsical. It is also a one size fits all birthday cake option. It is so cool because you can use your imagination to decorate it in all sorts of ways. The price of the pan was a bit high but, as a result of it's uniqueness, it's well worth paying for. I have had mine for some time now and it is quite durable. It says it is stick free but I always use a little bit of pan spray and a sprinkle of flour. It is so important that you do all you can to ensure that the cake doesn't stick, that would be a disaster. Another important thing to know is - you need to let the cake cool entirely before you attempt to remove it. It will be slightly awkward to remove because both cakes will come out at the same time and you will have to place the top on only after you have iced the bottom area. It's also a really great idea to look online for images of this cupcake cake pan - for decorating ideas if you need a little inspiration.

• Doesn't Stick:

This is a big hit at parties!

from Drakesboro, Ky

Comments about Wilton Dimensions Giant Cupcake Pan:

I saw this at the store and just started laughing. What child wouldn't want to see a cupcake the size of their head? I bought it and made the giant cupcake as a surprise for my kids one day and their eyes got absolutely huge. You would have thought they won the lottery! They are always asking me when I am going to use it again. It is so easy to use the kids can make it with adult supervision. All you have to do is make the cake mix according to the box directions then pour it into the mold and bake it. I always add frosting and sprinkles to make it truly look like one huge cupcake and it tastes absolutely delicious! I use this as a treat for the family and also as a desert for parties and I always get rave reviews on the uniqueness of the dish.

I was absolutely amazed at how well this product worked. I was afraid it would be like so many other gimmicks and not truly look like it does on the box. This product truly allows you to have a monstrously huge cupcake!

The Wilton Dimensions Giant Cupcake Pan is easy to clean. Just clean it like you would any other pan.

I have used this on numerous occasions and have not had an issue with the durability of the pan.

I love the fact that I can make a huge cupcake the size of my kids' head. It is very unique and fun to make.

Doesn't Stick
The cake slides right out without crumbling or causing dents in the finished product.

Perfectly cute!

Comments about Wilton Dimensions Giant Cupcake Pan:

I love this giant cupcake mold! It is the cutest mold I have ever found. Once I seen this I just had to buy it. It makes the perfect giant cupcake. It's the perfect shape. The metal this is made out of is great! It's thick and sturdy so it holds up very well. I expect this mold to actually last a long time.

This makes the perfect giant cupcake without any problems. The molds fit plenty and it cooks evenly. I've had no problems with this cupcake mold since I've used it.

This giant cupcake mold is a little hard to clean because of all the little groves in it. If you use non stick spray it helps everything come right off so it does make it a little easier.

This giant cupcake is great and very durable. It hasn't dented and its made with a good thick metal.

The best design I've found for a giant cupcake. The groves are perfect but the top groves aren't needed soo much since you frost it and each grove gets covered.

This pan is Awesome!

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Wilton Dimensions Giant Cupcake Pan:

I absolutely love this Wilton Giant Cupcake pan. The idea behind it really is ingenius, and it make just the perfect jumbo cupcake. You fill each side with batter and then assemble them together to make a huge cupcake. This is such a neat pan to have on hand. It is a little on the pricy side, but don't let that keep you from getting it if you have someone that wants a giant cupcake for a special occasion. Just bite the bullet and get the pan and you will love it. It bakes up perfectly, and it is a little tricky to get it just perfect but with practice it will turn out okay. The Wilton brand is great all around, and you can't go wrong with any of their pans. This one is great!

The Wilton pans are usually very easy to clean. This one will take a little extra work with all the nooks and crannies, but just make sure you clean it well.

It may take a little while to get used to assembling the cupcake, but just practice. And icing will cover a multitude of sins.

I love this pan!

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Wilton Dimensions Giant Cupcake Pan:

I saw this Wilton Dimensions Giant Cupcake Pan and just had to have it. I have seen the giant cupcakes and have always wanted to try to make one. Imagine the surprise of my daughters (ages 4 and 6) when they received their very own giant cupcake! This is an aluminum pan with a non stick coating. The cupcake itself has to be assembled. The pan has two sides, one side is the bottom of the cupcake and the other is the top. You just fill both sides of the pan with your batter and bake, then let the cake cool, pop it out and stack them to form your cupcake, then decorate as desired. I was surprised how inexpensive this pan was. It seems to be very good quality and should last a long time if taken care of properly. As with all cookware and bakeware with non stick coatings, you have to be careful what kind of utensils you use with it. Don't use anything that will scratch it. This is great for baking "giant birthday cupcakes". If you like to bake, i really suggest you try this handy little pan!

So Cute!

Comments about Wilton Dimensions Giant Cupcake Pan:

I use this pan almost for everyone's birthday. It has become a great tradition. Every body loves the cute little cupcake. It is so sweet and when decorated right it is the hot topic of the party. I usually make a white cake and ice the top with a really bright color and everyone goes nuts for it. I highly recommend this pan.

It bakes the cupcake perfectly.

This can be a little tough to clean because of all the edges on the top part of the pan but it is so worth the effort. It isn't too much to handle though.

I love the design and so does everyone else ;definitely a favorite of wiltons products.

Doesn't Stick
I have only had a tiny bit of the cake stick and it wasn't enough to worry about because it was on a part of the cake that wouldn't be seen by anyone. Just be sure to grease and prepare the pan before baking, otherwise it will become a big mess. However, this isn't really a flaw because every pan will stick if not greased or prepared properly.

• Doesn't Stick:

So Cool! But a little hard for me to use.

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Wilton Dimensions Giant Cupcake Pan:

I am not a professional baker. I'm not even a regular baker. OK, I'm not the best baker at all. That fact doesn't stop me from wanting to be good at it or from trying to give my kiddos a fabulous home baked childhood!
I came across this pan a few months before my daughters third birthday. From the second I laid eyes on it I knew I had to attempt to make this giant cupcake! My little girls loves cupcakes, the regular sized ones, so this would have to be a big hit!
I knew from past failures that it would be a good idea to try this pan out before her birthday to see if I could actually make this cake.
Everything was going well, I didn't forget about it and burn it to a crisp. (Been there, done that.) now it was time to get it out of the pan. The bottom came out fairly easily. I had more trouble with the top. I finally got it out, mostly, nothing a little frosting couldn't hide.
Clean up the first time was fairly simple.
Now my daughter's birthday rolls around. I make another giant cupcake. Again, the cooking went fine. I got the bottom piece out with little trouble. This time the top came out in a couple of pieces. I was so bummed! I still managed to patch it (mostly) back together with frosting, but it didn't look as nice as the first one.
All in all, this makes a cool, fun looking cake. My daughter loved it, even if it didn't look as nice as I wanted.

I think if this was made if silicone it would be easier to remove the pieces.

• Doesn't Stick:

Wilton stands for quality and performance

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Wilton Dimensions Giant Cupcake Pan:

I The pan is cute and certainly unique, I have used this pan for birthday cakes and for other occasions as well and the cup cake design is typical of the Wilton creative pans.I liked the shape of this pan as it could be for any age group.

This pan is rather awkward to use. First you have to divide batter. It is easy to overfill and one half wants to bake faster than the larger filled one. Even when you have the cakes with enough batter it is difficult to remove the cakes from the pans. They are not only hot. They are heavy and oversized.

I can not even imagine how difficult it would be to remove a cake or clean the pan without first spraying with bakers spray. It was difficult to get these the cake to bake evenly. One side was always done before the other. n

Wilton pans always hold up. They are heavier more than average. I never use the pans for anything except baking. Scratched pans or ones that have had other foods stick to them ruin them for baking.

I would prefer two separate pans. The cakes would be easier to remove, and they would cook more evenly.

Doesn't Stick
I wouldn't think of baking in these pans without first spraying with bakers joy.

This Wilton pan Rocks!

from Denton, TX

Comments about Wilton Dimensions Giant Cupcake Pan:

I enjoy baking and do it often. Like all my other Wilton pans, this one is made from solid non-stick aluminum that looks and feels durable. The cake turned out so cute. If I knew then that I was going to review this, I would have taken a picture.

Even though the pan is non-stick, I used a baking spray (Baker's Joy) so that it would be easier to remove the cake from the mold. The base of the mold is bigger than the top, so you need to bake the base longer. So, I filled the base, put it in a 325 degree oven for 15 minutes, took it out of the oven and added the batter to the other side of the mold. I then continued baking for another 40 minutes. Both parts of the cupcake were baked through with no burnt areas.

The hardest part of the whole process is waiting for the cake to cool before you release it from the mold. Once it is released, it must cool completely before decorating, just like any other cake.

When you fill the mold, do not fill the sides full. Leave a little over an inch of headspace with each side. The cake will expand in the oven. Another tip is to trim the cake layers before you remove them from the mold.

This was fun to make. The cake was delicious and the decorating was 'original' to say the least, I think I need to practice decorating the giant cupcake before I make this for guests.

Wilton Cupcake Pan is a Must!

from Pierre, SD

Comments about Wilton Dimensions Giant Cupcake Pan:

This cake pan is a must for any birthday party.  I made a cupcake using this pan for my daughters third birthday and it was a big hit.  This cupcake was her very own cake and I made smaller versions for the rest of the guests.  She thought she was soo special because she got the biggest cupcake on her birthday.  It was such a hit that my niece wants me to make her a giant cupcake for her birthday too.  I initially was going to try to make a carousel using the pan, but decided later that a large cupcake was a better idea.  I used just a box mix for the cake batter and it worked really well.   I do recommend starting the bottom portion before the top to prevent uneven cooking.  I also used the wilton cake release on the pan before adding the batter.  I recommend this even though it has the nonstick coating.  The cake just fell out after cooling without any breaking.  Definitely a must have pan!