Other E-commerce Websites:

Williams-Sonoma.com

Pros

Cons

Not just paint!

Up until more recently, I thought that Williams-Sonoma was a brand of paint sold at Walmart. For a pretty long time I have been missing out on a lot. Feeling super inspired after booking our last trip, I went searching for items to enhance an upcoming camping trip. I found some really cool items for the trip almost right away. A Telescoping Skewer for easy hot dog or marshmallow roasting over the camp fire, it had a retractable capability for space saving and easier roasting abilities. I also purchased a Lodge Camping Tripod as well as a Novelty Bull Dog Ice Mold. Shopping on the site was quite easy. I was able to locate what I was looking for quickly. The sites design is very nicely laid out. It was quite appealing without being too much or over the top. My order was eligible for free shipping because it was over the stores minimum purchase requirement. They processed my order quick and efficiently. When my order arrived, all the contents were correct. I didn't have to contact customer service for any questions or issues. Everything thus far has gone smoothly with my order. I enjoyed my first shopping experience with them and am sure that I will be shopping there again. The customer service and overall experience was quite pleasant and I look forward to visiting them again.

Product Selection
Dependent on category.

Product Pricing
Could be better, some good deals available.

Shipped half of my order, refused to send the second half

I bought a rater expensive domed cake plate/punch bowl from Williams Sonoma as a gift for my sister in law. The dome could be placed in the plate to allow it to be used as a punch bowl. It does not work without the plate. My order came with the dome, but not the plate. I called customer service about the missing half of my order. They sent another dome. I called them AGAIN. They gave me instructions about how to send the dome back and assured me they would send out the plate. I carefully boxed up the second dome, mailed it back, but they never contacted me with a tracking number for the plate. I inquired about my tracking number, and was told, "Regrettably, I found that this item is no longer available through our Catalog/Internet division." with no offer of refund. I had to call AGAIN to point out that failure to deliver a purchased product, does in fact, require that you refund the money paid for the product. Now, after a month and a half of trying to get this problem solved, it's the week before Christmas. I have no present for my sister in law and I don't yet have the money returned to me because of course, that takes a week or two as well. And frankly, after all these repeated failures, I wouldn't be surprised if they can't manage to refund my money as well.

Pricey but has some hard to find items!

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Williams-Sonoma.com:

I typically don't shop Williams Sonoma; they certainly have no shortage of exquisite and useful items, but I typically find their prices to be astronomical! That said, around Christmas I was having a lot of difficulty locating some Luxardo Cherries. A premium ingredient, they were not available anywhere local and what I could find online cost more than I wanted to pay. Enter Williams-Sonoma.com: their price of $19.99 was about the average cost of this fine delicacy but because it was around the holiday season I was able to take advantage of their Free Shipping deal! Problem solved! My gourmet cherries arrived quickly and very securely packaged. They seem to offer Free Shipping (no minimum!) around holidays, which for me actually makes shopping there a pretty good deal.

This Company Sucks!!!! Customer Service is worse!!!!

Comments about Williams-Sonoma.com:

On December 12, 2014, I ordered a All-Clad d5 Brushed Cook wear set for my wife as a Christmas gift. The order was suppose to be delivered on or before December 22. Called customer service on December 22. Got disconnected and had to call a second time. I was advised that my order was suppose to ship that day and they did not know if it had been shipped yet. I was further advised that they would call their wearhouse and have my order overnighted to me at no additional cost and that I would receive it on Christmas Eve. They also advised that they would email a tracking number for the order but I never received any such email. Now here it is Christmas Eve and the order has not been delivered and no one does not seem to know where my order is. The only reason that I'm rating this company as a 1 is because 0 is not an option. I most likely will not purchase from Williams Sonoma again.

Customer Service
Williams Sonoma Customer Service is pathetic; they couldnt even ship an order on time or provide a tracking number for my order.

Shipping and Returns
The only reason that im giving them a 1 is because 0 is not an option.

Shipped half of my order, refused to send the second half

Dream Website for Those Who Love to Cook

Comments about Williams-Sonoma.com:

Williams-Sonoma is a very classy store with high quality merchandise and they have done well to create a high quality and well organized website. Though the prices are a bit high, the cookware/bakeware is very good and if you pay attention will go on sale at different times of the year. Their wedding registry is the best registry website I have seen. Not only do they give you a list of suggestions of what you should include but there is also a thank you note list that gives the name of the person who gave you the gift, that person's address, the gift/gifts, and a box that says thank you note sent so you can check it off once you've completed it. It is organization at its finest. If the store doesn't have what you need in stock they can order it for you online and have it sent directly to your house free of charge. There are also many coupon codes that can be emailed to you for free shipping or 20% off your purchase price and if you sign up for emails you will probably receive these a few times a month.

Every Cook's Dream!

from MI

Comments about Williams-Sonoma.com:

Williams-Sonoma.com is a dream come true for any housewife who loves to cook.

We don't have a Williams-Sonoma store nearby, the nearest one is an hour-plus drive, so, when in need of inspiration or some dreaming for my kitchen - I head to Wiliams-Sonoma.com.

Williams-Sonoma.com is a store that offers high-end cookware, bakeware, cutlery, and everything in between. The website offers recipes, decorating and tabletop ideas - and just so much more.

Unfortunately, the price-tag on most items are on the higher side, but with that being said, you get what you pay for - usually!

The only bad experience I have had to-date with Williams-Sonoma is a set of colorful nesting mixing bowls. I absolutely LOVE these bowls and use them on a daily basis. Unfortunately, after less than a year of having them, two of the bowls in the set cracked in the dishwasher. So disappointing for a set of this price. I would have expected much better quality.

Otherwise, I have always had good luck with purchases from this store and website. The website is a really fun place to shop, and I always want no less than a hundred items at any given time.

Not just paint!

from Syracuse, New York

Product Selection
Dependent on category.

Product Pricing
Could be better, some good deals available.

Williams Sonoma

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Williams-Sonoma.com:

The Williams Sonoma website, williams-sonoma.com, has a wide variety of upscale home and garden products. If you have ever visited a Williams Sonoma store you have seen the vast array of products they offer in their stores and their website is just as stocked!
I love browsing the Williams Sonoma website! They have so many different products to shop and this website is very well organized and it's easy to find what you're looking for. They also have a lot of ways to browse by category if you just want ideas or to browse.
The Williams Sonoma website has some really great deals on their products and on shipping especially after the holidays. They carry so many high quality products and I know the pans I ordered have a lifetime warranty! My favorite thing to shop for on this website is kitchen items. Although it is pricey you really do get what you pay for on this website!
Overall I would definitely recommend Williams-Sonoma.com for all of your home products!

Such a neat store!

from Greer, SC

Comments about Williams-Sonoma.com:

I could spend hours browsing this site. What a lovely experience it gives. Awesome products everywhere from garlic presses to Kitchen Aids, to wooden spoons, to ramekins. Just anything you could imagine for a gourmet kitchen. Every experience I have had in Williams-Sonoma.com has included a pleasant experience. The live chat option is awesome and I'm always "greeted" by an employee asking if he/she could help me find something and then being very help in assisting me to find the item. Their products are very high quality and I appreciate the quality of their items since they can get quite pricey. I have bought several items from their online site and have yet to be disappointed. Williams-Sonoma delivers high quality, long-lasting products, with awesome customer service and incredible presentation. If you've never looked around on their website, I know you will not regret giving Williams-Sonoma a try. You may just come out the next Iron Chef or Julia Child! Do yourself a favor and just pop online the next time you need a gift for someone...or even yourself. You won't be sorry!

Quality Site That is FUN to Browse

from Fairfield, VA

Comments about Williams-Sonoma.com:

This is an addictive site for someone who loves home decor, kitchenware, housewares, and anything agrarian. Some of the site is somewhat like gardeners.com, but the merchandise is far more broad. It is full of great product images, which inspire you to garden, craft, cook, decorate, pamper pets, raise chickens, and many other things. Finding coupon and discount codes to use on the site can be easy, and free shipping is common with minimum orders. Most items are pricey, but I have never experienced poor quality, and I have ordered from every online category in recent years. Signing up for emails helps you keep up to date on sales and trends. This list has caused me to spend more money on their site than I planned, but its because I love their merchandise! Online registries are fantastic here, if folks buying the gifts are willing to pay the prices. You may spend more money, but if you love this type of product and its associated hobbies, you'll enjoy this site.

Such a great store and website!

Comments about Williams-Sonoma.com:

I love Williams-Sonoma so much. If I could afford it, I would furnish my entire kitchen from there! We got gift cards here for our wedding and had the best time shopping around. We ended up buying a milk frother to make cappuccino with off the website. It shipped really quickly. However, when it arrived, it was shattered in pieces. We were obviously upset because we wanted the milk frother and it is obviously upsetting when things arrive broken. However, Williams-Sonoma were wonderful about the whole process. We called the number on their website and they told us we could exchange it in store or online. We have a Williams-Sonoma here so we took it in the exchange it. The people in the store were so great. They went above and beyond to make sure we got the product in one piece. They took our broken one and gave us a new one. No questions asked. I had a great experience with them despite the broken piece. The site is also very well organized and easy to use. I highly recommend using them!