4.8

Williams-Sonoma Star Wars Cookie Cutters

4.8

Pros

Cons

Great item for Star Wars fans.

Comments about Williams-Sonoma Star Wars Cookie Cutters:

Since my brother is a huge star wars fan, I decided one year to buy him the Williams Sonoma Star Wars Cookie Cutters. I made him the cookies for Christmas and then I gave him the cookie cutters. This set has Yoda, Darth Vader, Boba Fett and Stormtrooper. These are pretty easy to use. You just bake whatever cookie dough recipe you would like to use, and then you press the cookie cutter into the dough. This creates the shapes that Star Wars fans are familiar with. The cookie cutters were very sturdy, and it was relatively easy to get the shapes of the characters.

Although it was easy to cut them out, I think it would have taken a long time to decorate the cookies like was done on the cover of the container they came in. I wasn't able to spend the time to decorate the cookies, but they were a recognizable enough shape that you could tell what they were just based on the shapes made by the cookie cutters.

These weren't too expensive, and since they will last for years they're even more affordable.

These cookie cutters seem to be very sturdy. I didn't have any problems with the cutters bending or breaking.

A Must For All Star Wars Fans

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Williams-Sonoma Star Wars Cookie Cutters:

I'm not personally a huge Star Wars fan but I have many friends who are so when I saw these before Christmas I couldn't resist. I figured it was the ultimate gift - Star Wars cookies for Star Wars fans!

This is not a fast process to use these cutters though so you need to be prepared for at least two days of baking and decorating. The baking portion where you actually use the cutters is a cinch. I made standard rolled sugar cookie dough from a Martha Stewart recipe and rolled it out. The cutters were very easy to use and clean, although you have to be super careful with Yoda's ears so the tips don't break off or get damaged.

The cookies came out very nice size and were completely adorable even before decorating. Decorating came on day two, after the cookies had cooled thoroughly. You don't have to decorate since the cutters imprint the design onto the dough, but I added some standard royal icing to them to make them prettier.

If you're a Star Wars fan, or have someone close to you that is, you simply must get this set of cookie cutters.

A must have for Star Wars Fans.

from Drakesboro, Ky

Comments about Williams-Sonoma Star Wars Cookie Cutters:

I bought the William-Sonoma Star Wars Cookie Cutters as an impulse purchase. My son is a huge Star Wars fan and I thought it would be fun to surprise him with cookies made from his favorite Star Wars characters. I was a little nervous using them the first time because I have had issues in the past of plastic cookie cutters not properly transferring the image onto the cookie dough. I went ahead and bought icing to decorate the cookies in case the images did not come through and hoped for the best. I am absolutely pleased with how well the image transfers to the cookie dough. Even after baking you can easily see the details of the cookie cutters! I am horrible at icing cookies so this made my life a lot easier. All I had to do was put some sprinkles on them and serve. The Star Wars cookies have been a big hit in my family and are always a hit at a Children's party.

They are pretty easy to clean you just need to make sure to double check the inside edges because dough likes to stick there.

So far I have not had any of them break or warp despite how often I use them.

The design of these cookie cutters is very nice. The images transfer to the cookies and remain intact through the baking process.

A must have for star wars fans.

Comments about Williams-Sonoma Star Wars Cookie Cutters:

Someone gave me a set of these for Christmas knowing I'm kind of a nerd and I couldn't be more grateful :) These are fun, clean-cutting cookie cutters that ensure that you can devour sugary snacks with ease and precision. Great for anyone who loves all things geeky!

They were a BIG hit

from 48111

Comments about Williams-Sonoma Star Wars Cookie Cutters:

My children LOVE anything Star Wars. As a result, I decided to surprise them by making Star Wars Cookies for their classmates. I bought the Williams and Sonoma Star War stamp cutters. This set has Yoda, Darth Vader, Boba Fett and Stormtrooper. It took me two days to make them. The fi rst day I made the dough and cut the shapes. The dough recipe was taken from the William and Sonoma website. The next day I iced and decorated the cookies. I used the pictures on the outside of the box as a guide.

I took the cookies to school and the children really seemed to enjoy them. It also made me feel good when they could actually tell what Star Wars characters they were.

Tip: William and Sonoma sells the icing and the meringue powder. Make sure you buy all of their decoration tools. It will make the cookies easier to make. I actually opted to use my own food coloring which took more time, as I had to make my own black icing for Darth. Also, I was glad I did buy the decorative icing tubes too.

Pros: Great design, popular Star Wars chararcters in kit, reasonably priced.

Cons: It will take a little practice to get it right (but your children will appreciate it)

If this review was helpful, please click the icon.  Thanks!!!

Still have the molds