Other Exercise DVDs & Videos:
Fitness

Wii Fit Plus

Wii Fit+ gives video games and exercising a whole new meaning.

We purchased the Wii fit a few years back and love it!!  It was a wonderful addition for our entire family, ages (now) 44, 36, 9, & 12.  It keeps the kids active while they are having fun and is something that we can do together.  We find ourselves competing for the highest score which means we are burning more calories.  The only downside we had with the original Wii Fit was that we were limited to making assumptions as to what exercises were best for our goals.  And now with the Wii Fit Plus the added features have made the game even better.  We can now choose what areas we would like to work on and can customize an individual workout, and the exercises also include the games - which is motivational for the kids and us as well.  You can now switch over to another player without having to exit out to the main menu, which allows competing with others easier.  It is also wonderful for those winter months when it is too cold to venture outside.  There are so many wonderful features to this game and I highly recommend this game for the whole family.

Fun but not a good workout

I own both the original Wii Fit and Wii Fit plus. I am disappointed with both. I feel like they are more fun than a good workout. Wii fit plus is an improvement over the original but it is not good for someone who wants a serious workout. The yoga  and strength training arethe only parts of wii fit plus that is like a real workout. You can work up a good sweat doing some of those yoga moves and you will definetly feel it the next day. Wii fit plus will get kids off the couch so that is a good thing. It is fun to play. It's amazing to me the technology of it. The wii fit balance board is very accurate when it comes to reading your movements. My favorite part of Wii Fit plus is the skateboarding which came as a surprise to me. I have never been on a skateboard in real life. It is fun and you can feel it working your core. I would love to see Nintendo make a full skateboarding game that uses the wii balance board. Wii fit plus includes the entire original games as well as a few new activities. Wii fit plus includes a new make your own routine workout which is nice. Unfortunately, wii fit plus still requires you to weigh in. It still uses BMI. I wish Nintendo would drop these aspects or make them optional. The balance board does not accurately record my weight because of the carpet on my floor. Overall..I say the wii fit plus and fun but not for people who are serious about working out.

Fitness for the family

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Wii Fit Plus:

I initially purchased the Wii fit plus because I wanted to step up my fitness game a little bit. I had already owned the Wii fit original and heard good things about the new upgraded version. It turned out to be a really great move for me because there are some shops that you can go to and trade your Wii Fit in for money off of a new Wii Fit Plus. After doing all of that, I was not disappointed at all. Prior to the trade, the techs showed me how to transfer my Wii Fit profile.I was able to customize my own workout plan and set goals to get better results. I was also able to focus and target my own personal " trouble spots" as well. It allows me to work on a specific area or do something else, like warm up or explore my favorites that I have saved. I can count and estimate my calories burned and even view a list of foods that are equal or near equal to the amount burned. I can also find out what I would need to do to burn off calories for a specific food I have eaten or plan to eat as well. The upgrades made to Wii Fit plus are extensive in my opinion because they are flexible in some ways and can be applied to different scenerios. More than one person can have a profile which is also really cool. I really love it and would certainly recommend it for the whole family. We have all become a bit healthier as a family and I don't think tat would have been accomplished so easily without the help of our Wii Fit Plus System. I would also suggest you try a store where you can get cash off.

I really liked this game!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Wii Fit Plus:

Wii Fit Plus is a great game for me and for my whole family. We all really enjoy playing this a lot. I spent a lot of time debating on getting this before I went ahead and bought it. I was glad I did. I needed a way to burn some calories, workout and just have fun. This worked. I also homeschool my kids so it's a good way for them to get some energy out while they are in between lessons. It's fun to try to compete with other peoples scores as well. The balance board and this game together go really well. It does a good job of matching what you are doing with the characters on the screen. The other thing I like is the variety of activities that you can choose from, so if you don't like a few things there are always a bunch more to pick from. It doesn't even feel like you are working out. Just having a good time. I would recommend this. It is a whole lot of fun for the whole family. Try it out! You might find that you love it!

Comments about Wii Fit Plus:

Whole family totally loves this game! This is the ultimate video game, but you don't realize you are working out because it's so much fun. There is just so much variety, it really takes a while to go through all the games. I mean where else can you hula hoop, ride a bike, do an obstacle course, or do step aerobics in one place? I can't say enough about this gaming system. During cold winter months this is a great way to burn calories, and get the kids to burn off energy. Please be aware you do need to buy a balance board for these games to work, but I assure you will love this. There is one whole section just for aerobics, there is step aerobics, and there is Yoga too. It's really fun if you are familiar with the Mario games, because you occasionally see characters in the bike games. The graphics are amazing, and they really make the games challenging. We have owned this for about 3 years, and I have still not beaten some of the games. Very fun games, worth the money!

Comments about Wii Fit Plus:

I love the Wii, but this Wii Fit Plus game is amazing. It's fun and gets you up and going. My favorite is the step aerobics. You can choose how long you want to do it for, your level, and it tells you how many calories you burn. It's one of my favorite games. The graphics are also pretty good. I would recommend this to anyone.

Fun and easy exercises for the whole family

from Northeast AR

Comments about Wii Fit Plus:

This was our first Wii software we bought, and we got very good use out of it. Since I moved on to other Wii fitness and dance games, I don't play it regularly any more, but when my boys put it on, I still enjoy playing any of the exercises. It has a variety, and easy to play even if you never exercised before.

Wii fit plus motivates!

from Goldsboro, NC

Comments about Wii Fit Plus:

I bought the Wii partly because of Wii fit. I am a 23 year old mother of a 20 month old girl and a 3 year old girl. I needed something to motivate me to excersize even though I couldn't just run to the gym. Wii fit plus really does that! I love that it is a bit more personalized than the original Wii fit game was, showing you what you do the most and helping you to plan excersize routines. I love the additional new games as well. The games are fun but really are hard work which isnt something you normally find with video games. You may be sweating after finishing a level but it isn't because of all the excersize you got normally! With the Wii fit plus it is! I really feel like I get a full workout, depending on which excersizes I do. But the best part of all is that I can do it at home during naptime AND if the kids wake up they love to watch me and join in as well. Great for them and for me!

Wii Fit Plus is even better than the original.

from Hicksville, NY

Comments about Wii Fit Plus:

Usually the first is the best, but not this time. Wii Fit Plus is way better than Wii Fit. It has the original exercises in Wii Fit combined with new fun exercises. This makes fitness fun. There are many activities, and lots to unlock. You can unlock new stamps, levels, and more. There are also customizable workouts which are fun, but they don't save your progress. It doesn't cost that much. It's like a gym at home... not really. What I don't like about Wii Fit is that it's not heavy exercise. Sometimes, all you have to do is lean side to side. They focus too much on balance, and not enough on a full workout. I want to feel the burn, and get the energy flowing... but I'm not gonna achieve that if all I have to do is lean side to side. It's not for people that are really serious about working out. But, if all you're looking for is a fun way to exercise and have fun while burning some calories, this is for you.

Wii Fit Plus is definitely an upgrade from the first version

from Tempe, AZ

Comments about Wii Fit Plus:

Wii Fit Plus is definitely an upgrade from the first version. The Wii Fit Plus is the sequel to the original Wii Fit games and has new games are unique and fun for the whole family. You can use the same board from the original version. The new games in the Wii Fit Plus include 15 new mini games, including an obstacle course, games where you can practice your math skills, and a flying chicken game. The board is incredibly sensitive and can feel small shifts in weight. These games are great because they combine fun, cooperativity, and exercise where the whole family can participate. The mini games can be competitive and you can achieve different levels of achievement as you move through the games and unlock new, more challenging versions of the game. The Wii Fit also keeps track of your weight through time and tracks any progress you have made since using the Wii Fit. It can even track your pet's weight!

wii fit plus is a step up from wii fit

from New Orleans, LA

Comments about Wii Fit Plus:

The wii fit plus for nintendo wii is definitely a step up from the wii fit. It is a great product to keep in shape in your own home. however, you shouldn't rely solely on the wii fit as your only workout routine. It's hard to keep a consistant workout because it takes so long to switch from activity to activity. you should be able to select several activities and have them play one after the other. The games and workouts are a lot of fun though. They've added several more games from the original wii fit. The band conductor game is really a lot of fun. It's a really great activity for people who hate working ut because it makes it fun but it's not really for people who are looking for a serious hardcore workout. It doesn't cost a lot. It also makes fitness a lot of fun. it's motivating to be able to set goals for yourself and to get on the activeboard and see if you've met your goal. it's a worthwhile purchase.

from San Gabriel, CA

Comments about Wii Fit Plus:

We all make those resolutions every year to live healthier lives. We make those vows to shed and relinquish all the excess fat and to get that six-eight pack we all know and want before spring and/or summer break. And after a day or two of making these resolutions, the statistics are a bit sketchy, but I’m pretty sure a good chunk of people slowly drift away from their ideal fitness plans. And in no way am I criticizing these people at all, I understand. We all live hectic lifestyles, where we seemingly have no time to do certain things and this is where Wii Fit comes into play. There’s no doubt that I was busy and exercise, let alone playing a game that deals with exercise was nowhere near my mind but my fitness goals were burned into my brain and I decided to go and purchase it. The interface is very user-friendly, and the controls are extremely simple. The balance board is strangely the unlikely voice of reason throughout the game, stating fitness tips and directions and it’s pretty awesome. The various exercises from yoga to special plus activities such as “cycling” are quick and fun ways to exercise. There are several times where I forget this is an exercise game, and surprisingly after a day of using it I was already sore all around. It’s recommended to exercise at least an hour, and in wii fit, they state that even 5 minutes a day can truly make a difference, and it certainly did for me. After about a month, I slowly increased my duration of exercise with the wii fit, creating my own fitness plan with various different exercises. That was my favorite feature. Do I have a 6-8 pack now? Alas, no. But I definitely do feel a lot better than I was before. Wii fit has helped me set up realistic goals for myself, and for that I give it this full star review.