1.8

1.8

LOUSY INTERNET PROVIDER

from Sahuarita, AZ

Comments about Wi-Power:

Terrible Internet service. Do not use Wi-Power unless you have no other choice. Service cuts in and out and is terrible for downloading and streaming. Sick and tired of using this company and hope I can find another provider. LOUSY INTERNET PROVIDER AND DO NOT RECOMMEND!

Worse internet service anywhere

from AZ

Comments about Wi-Power:

Absolutely the worse internet service available. Do not sign up for it. Barely better than dial up.

Not worth the money for gamers

Comments about Wi-Power:

Online gaming only works without lagging from 2am to 9am on weekends. Movies/YouTube are pixelated. I pay $130/mo for the business plan (guaranteed 2mb up and down with "priority" bandwidth). Tech support has been called numerous times without resolution to lagging issues. Currently in talks with Comcast Xfinity to bring their services to the west end of Picture Rocks, Az. Outtages are common especially after rebooting your router.
I would not recommend Wi-Power for gamers.
However, customer service is courteous, pleasant and seem genuinely concerned, yet still ineffective.
It is my opinion that too many homes are draining the tower's resources.

Speed
Speeds are generally 1/4 of advertised "up to __mb" and pings low 50's, but lagging still persists even when all other electronics are physically disconnected from the router.

Security
No issues regarding security

Reliability
Occasional outtages and frequent lagging/buffering.

Customer Service
Very pleasant people, just over-taxed equipment.

• Speed:
  • Security:
  • Reliability:
  • Customer Service:

Only use this company if DSL/Cable/FIOS is not available.

Comments about Wi-Power:

This company sucks. I pay for 5MB download and I'm lucky to get 1MB. Installation is expensive unless you sign a 3-year contract, and even then they hit you with extra charges after they've already installed the equipment. Their billing is inaccurate, they'll add all kinds of extra charges almost every month. The equipment constantly breaks, I've gone through two routers and three power cords in about a year, they charged me $50 for the replacement router and I had to wait a week, and wait another week each time for them to replace their power cord. The icing on the cake is the fact that they'll disconnect your service before the due date and charge you $30 and make you wait 24 hours for them to push a button to reconnect your service, happened to me twice already. The only reason I use TWN/Wi-Power is because they're the only company offering "high-speed" internet service at my rural location besides Hughesnet which has an ultra-low bandwidth limit. The moment DSL or cable is available, I'm switching.

• Speed:
  • Security:
  • Reliability:
  • Customer Service:

Passing the buck

from Tucson, AZ

Comments about Wi-Power:

I had Wi Power installed in late Jan. and it is now Late april.The the installer did something to my home computerwhich caused it not to work.After a month of phone calls i finally got an offer of 150.00 credit for the damage caused BY there installer,I dont know about you but my pictures,taxes and operating system is worth a lot more than that.If you do have Wi Power dont expect 7/24 sevice.....I called on a sunday and left 2 messages in different departments and sent an email,still no response from them.If you want your problem solved you MUSTcall non stop. In defense of there tech dept there is a gentleman named Jay who is the only one in months of complaining that has given any solutions to solve there slow speeds.I am on a 3meg download and a 512 upload.below are my current speeds(and yes I know it's a 3 meg burst but i can barely pull a 1 meg at any time during the test)

.Download Speed: **673** kbps (84.1 KB/sec transfer rate)Upload Speed: **568** kbps (71 KB/sec transfer rate)Saturday, April 16, 2011 2:04:13 PM

Invisible most of the time, which is the way it should be

from Sierra Vista, AZ

Comments about Wi-Power:

Because it's a wireless system, it isn't susceptible to the kinds of failure related to pole lines and backhoes digging up cables, and this translates to high reliablity.

However, there have been occasional times where the service has dropped to pitifully slow levels.  To the credit of their customer service/tech support system, they've always worked diligently to solve it whenever I've reported one of those episodes.

I once had DSL and dropped it when I discovered that they wouldn't allow me to smtp-relay my email through my web server.  That's not an issue for Wi-power, which is another reason I'm with them.

I don't do any P2P or VOIP, but I've been told Wi-power also doesn't do any of the throttling or "load balancing" now often associated with those uses -- which is nice to know in case I should ever want to use them for that.