3.7
White Rain Shampoo

White Rain Shampoo

3.7

The 97 Cent Solution!

Those of you who have eagerly (or maybe NOT so eagerly?) followed the saga of my shampoo adventures know that I have experienced mixed results with a variety of products.  I had to give up shampoos or conditioners which contained Yellow Dye #10 because they were "yellowing" my white hair.  I tried [Aveda Sap Moss][1] for a while, which worked alright, but was a tad expensive.  I switched to [Pantene Pro-V Silver Expressions][2] which fulfilled its promise of leaving my hair shimmering and bright -- alas, it reached the point where it **wasn't leaving my hair much at all** as I noticed what seemed to be abnormal hair loss during shampoos, brushings and stylings.  Shampooing one's hair is an indispensable part of life so I plodded on through the jungle until I came to a reunion with an old friend from the 50's ... **White Rain Shampoo** now manufactured by the Sun Products Corporation of Wilton, CT.

**A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE**

When I was in high school, **White Rain Shampoo** was manufactured by the Gillette Corporation which also enriched the world with other famous products such as Toni Home Permanent Kits along with unforgettable slogans ("*Which Twin has the Toni?*").  Back then, a lot of us thought very highly of **White Rain** ("*Use new White Rain Shampoo tonight and tomorrow your hair will be sunshine bright*!") but I had forgotten about it over the years.  Now I'm beginning to wonder if this might be the right shampoo for me after all.

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

No one can claim that **White Rain Shampoo** is an all-natural product.  In fact, it contains a list of chemicals daunting enough to make us wonder if we couldn't use this stuff to scrub white-wall tires!  It is probably crawling with parabens and may be leaving a King Kong sized carbon footprint on the environment ... who knows ... **but it works!**  **White Rain Shampoo** may not be fancy but it doesn't contain Yellow Dye # 10, so far it seems to have no devastating hair thinning effect (knock on virtual wood!) and an 18 fl. oz. bottle only cost 97 cents from [Alice.com][3] .  We were lucky to get it **that** cheaply back in the 50's!
[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Aveda-Sap-Moss-Shampoo-review-4bfb1
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Pantene-Pro-V-Silver-Expressions-Daily-Color-Enhancing-Shampoo-review-593b1
[3]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Alice-com-review-1ade

It works! Nothing fancy but it does a nice job on hair!

Average scent but not bad at all.

White Rain Shampoo is not worth your money.

White Rain Shampoo is not something that I plan to buy again. Until they make thier product better it's just not something that I plan to buy in the future either. The White Rain Shampoo is a cheap shampoo to buy compared to other products, but it's still not worth it. When I buy products that are cheaper than the more popular and more expensize brands I buy those products because they still have good quality. But the White Rain Shampoo does not have good quality shampoo. The White Rain Shampoo doesn't clean my hair at all, and even though in the bottle it smells good as soon as I rinse it off it my hair doesn't smell like the shampoo. It doesn't get the oil or dirt out of hair and doesn't make your hair feel soft or shiny. The White Rain Shampoo also doesn't have very good texture to it, it's not creamy and pourable like a shampoo should be. The White Rain Shampoo is gloopy and gel-like.

This one works

from northern California

Pros

• Gentle
  • Lathers Well

Cons

Comments about White Rain Shampoo:

The simple truth is this product works and works well. Cleans extremely well. ....., leaves the hair smelling clean and no unGodly perfume smell that offends the senses. I smell way too many people that seem to bathe in perfume and douse their hair with perfume.
      I guess they have no sense of smell.
      Inexpensive, my hair is squeaky clean. This is a GREAT product.

• Hair Type:
      • Straight Hair

Great product, don't know why there are

from Liverpool, Texas

About Me Beauty Conscious

Pros

• Adds Shine
      • Adds Volume
      • Cleans Thoroughly
      • Gentle
      • Great Smell
      • Improves Hair Health
      • Lathers Well

Cons

• Daily Use
        • Oily Hair

Comments about White Rain Shampoo:

Ok, so I was reading the other reviews when I realized that those people must have been using only one of the many kinds White Rain has! If you don't want any parabens in it, get the one that says "with active botanicals" and read the back! There is a blue rectangle that says "paraben-free" in all caps!! The one that I'm talking about is the one that I use. It moisturizes, nourishes, and protects my hair!

• Hair Type:
        • Straight Hair

Wouldn't Use

Comments about White Rain Shampoo:

The price and scents are the only thing good about this Shampoo. I like the variety of scents a lot and you can't beat the price. But I will never buy this shampoo line again. First of all it didn't make my hair feel clean after rinsing like three times I still felt like I had soap residue in it. My hair didn't feel good it smelt good but it felt kind of slimy. After drying the previous day my hair felt super greasy. It felt like I hadn't washed my hair in weeks. It was noticeable by looking in the mirror. My hair type is straight and thick.

It wasn't effective at all I still felt like I had shampoo in my hair after three rinses and I followed the directions on the back of the bottle. The next day my hair was greasy as ever and my scalp was irritated.

I would give this a ten for scent just because they have so many scents and the scent is strong and lasting. Although this is a great rating for scent the effectiveness means more to me personally.

The 97 Cent Solution!

from Oak Park, IL

**A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE**

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Aveda-Sap-Moss-Shampoo-review-4bfb1
        [3]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Alice-com-review-1ade

It works! Nothing fancy but it does a nice job on hair!

Average scent but not bad at all.

Not the BEST Shampoo

from Citrus Heights, CA

Comments about White Rain Shampoo:

This is not the shampoo you use when you are trying to have nice, clean, and fresh hair. It doesn't get the hair clean like it should, it dries out the hair and leaves it brittle. If you have nice thick hair then this shampoo is definitely not for you. I wouldnt even use this on a pet. It's that bad. It's more useful when used to clean a spot on the floor. The only good thing about this shampoo is that it is cheap but cheap is not always good. Sometimes it is better to pay a little extra for better quality and quanity. It leaves hair tangled, oily and brittle which is not a good combination when trying to freshen your hair up. If you truly want your hair to be clean like it should be then i suggest that you DO NOT use this shampoo because you are going to get the complete opposite of what you want. Your better off using dish washing liquid to wash your hair than use this stuff, its that bad.

excellent for the whole family

from New Boston, TX

Comments about White Rain Shampoo:

what can i say about white rain shampoo? i love it! so does everyone in my family, from kids to super-picky dad.

it smells great - we like pearberry the best- and it leaves your hair full, shiny, swingy, full of body,and soft feeling. it doesn't matter if you have dry , normal or oily hair this white rain works for you!

believe it or not , when we ran out and i tried to buy a different shampoo- what can i say, i had a coupon!- my teenage son said" no ,buy the white rain so my hair will look right". you know how  teenage boys can be.!

all said white rain shampoo will always be in my shower.

this shampoo smells like the ocean

from Fall River, MA

Comments about White Rain Shampoo:

with white rain shampoo, this gentle formula as clear as the sparkling ocean, combines a fresh sea fragrance with a pure and natural formula designed to improve hairs texture and shine. its unique blend of vitamins and sea salts, kelp and algea extracts leaves hair soft and healthy looking ans easy to manage.

I use it everytime i take showers i love the smell of it. its like being in the ocean in your own home.

White Rain Fruit Fortifying is Delish...

from Menifee, CA

Comments about White Rain Shampoo:

I bought the White Rain Fruit Fortifying Shampoo and Conditioner for myself and my children. The shampoo has a pleasant scent and lathers up very nicely. It rinses away easily. It did not irritate the hands or the scalp. Works well on many different types of hair, from fine and curly to very thick. The price is modest. I have used other White Rain products and have been equally pleased.

White Rain is a gentle cleaing shampoo.

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about White Rain Shampoo:

White Rain is one of my favorite brand names in hair care. It has been around as long as I can remeber and my family has used it for years. The name brings to mind "gentleness". And it really is gentle on your hair. My hair is long, and I just wash it and brush it for a great look. white Rain is also affordable in today's economy.

I think that the different scents of this shampoo are unique in their originality. The company that makes is called Diamond Products. I suspect they are successful in their sales. I am completely sold on the brand name and never hesitiate to buy it. Maybe this is because they have been in business so long. The shampoo defenitely has earned it's reputation and I feel good buying it because I trust that it is a good product.

I recommend White Rain Regular shampoo to people who like good old fashioned value. And you can find Whire Rain in ant drug store, grocery store or super center.

Best buy for quality at an economical price

from Linthicum Heights, MD

Comments about White Rain Shampoo:

White Rain shampoo has to be the best shampoo I have ever used. Its use promotes shiny, clean and manageable hair that also leaves a pleasant aroma without being overpowering. It has just a hint of aroma that leaves your hair and scalp with a clean and pleasant scent. Even the color of this shampoo, without being petty, seems to "entice" the entire hair cleaning experience a rewarding one. White Rain has even enhanced my mood and rewards me with a great way to start the day. Their are other, much higher priced shampoos on the market that cannot match the quality provided by White Rain. I do not mind paying more for quality, but White Rain eliminates the need for such an unnecessary choice. I do believe there is a quantifiable number of consumers who do not purchase White Rain because they subscribe to the philosphy that "you only get what you pay for." In this particular instance this is truly a misguided concept.