4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Cleaning Time:

Very good. expecially for the price!

I bought this washer about 1 year ago, when we moved into our home, and I have had no complaints! I had another whirlpool washing machine that was good but for some reason started to stink (even with washing machine cleaners added to it!) But I love this washing machine- especially for those who do at least 4 loads of laundry a day like me (5 children and a husband)!

Energy Efficiency
I run lots of loads throughout the day and I think it has saved me money

Cleaning Time
It cleans well and it cleans fast- I am very pleased with how quick it is!

Works very well and although I have only had this for a little over a year, it cleans just as well as it did the first day I bought it!

Incredibly simple to use!

It's a simple design and not a whole lot of bells and whistles but I think simplicity is best!

It's lasted a year of at least 5 loads of laundry a day and going strong- that's pretty good to me :)

Whirlpool machine, good for the price.

I purchased this machine and matching dryer about 2 months ago. I have mixed feelings about this machine but it HAS been faithful thusfar.

I must note that I use cloth...Read complete review

I must note that I use cloth diapers and I need a machine that will really clean. This machine had some "features" that I was unaware of prior to purchasing. That's what I get for not doing my homework. Of course, some of the features I find inconvenient may be a bonus for another user.

Pros:

- Quiet: I live in an apartment building with neighbors upstairs and downstairs. I can barely hear it running in my own apartment. In fact, the first day we had it, I was worried that it wasn't doing anything.

- Options: You have different options. You can run a rinse and spin load and you can also just run a spin. You can also run an extra rinse in your normal load as well.

Cons:

- The machine will not truly wash on hot. It senses the water temperature and blends hot and cold water to conserve energy. If I set the machine on hot, I want it to wash with hot water. I found that the water was lukewarm even on the hot setting. I got around this by simply turning off my cold water faucet while it loads initially.

- The machine will automatically drain if the lid is left open for more than 10 minutes. I need to soak diapers overnight sometimes. I got around this by simply hitting the pause button and leaving the lid closed. It will soak that way.

- The knobs don't really function like your traditional knobs. I wanted a machine that is more like a traditional washing machine where the knob turns to indicate where the load is in the cycle. These knobs might as well be buttons.

- I prefer a less computerized machine, and this is not it.

I would definitely buy another one.

from Brooklyn, New York

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet
  • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Bedding
    • Delicates
    • Everyday Clothes
    • Heavy/Bulky Items
    • Towels

Comments about Whirlpool Traditional Top Load Washer:

The thing that is great is that I have only called ther repair agent two times in eight years for minor issues.

best washer

Comments about Whirlpool Traditional Top Load Washer:

Best washer I've ever owned! Will only use top loading ones as front loaders hold mold too much and they stink.
    Very easy to use and withstands my family of six laundry. Very much recommend to any one looking for a durable washing machine that needs to withstand lots of usage.

• Cleaning Time:

The Whirlpool easy access, top load,large capacity washing machi

Comments about Whirlpool Traditional Top Load Washer:

This washing machine has a large load capacity for handling larger loads of clothes. It has vigorous agitation for a noticeable cleaner wash. This Whirlpool washer has multiple cycle settings to accommodate all of the clothes utilized by the average household. Whirlpool is definitely a cut above its competitors.

Cleaning Time
    You can choose how long you want to wash your clothes.

The top load feature makes loading and unloading simple.

Meets expectations.

Comments about Whirlpool Traditional Top Load Washer:

This is a very no-frills machine. It falls in the middle in almost every category. It uses a moderate amount of water. It's definitely not the most efficient machine, but that's because it's much larger. If you do a lot of laundry and you need a larger machine for a smaller price, this might be a good option. It's not the quietest washer, either, but I don't have any complaints. It stays on balance if it's loaded normally, meaning you're not washing tennis shoes and big fluffy blankets. It can be a little rough on delicate fabrics, I think because it was designed to be such a workhorse, so using the lighter setting for those helps. I've only been using it for about a year now, but it seems to be holding up. It washes just as well as it did the first day. My one complaint is the bleach "container" (not sure what it's called). It seems almost impossible not to have it dribble out.

Energy Efficiency
    It's very big, I wouldn't call it efficient. It dumps a LOT of water into a load, even on a small setting.

It gets clothes clean. Sometimes it cleans the fabric right off of them.

• Cleaning Time:

This washer cleans my family of 7 (4 boys 5 and under) laundry!

from Gallatin, TN

Comments about Whirlpool Traditional Top Load Washer:

We have a large family, with a lot of boys. This washer cleans quickly and very quietly with no problems. It also has a setting so we can add the extra water for fabric softer or not and don't waste water!

Small enough to fit in a small laundry room with a big tub for laundry.

Top Loader Performs

from Anaheim, CA

Comments about Whirlpool Traditional Top Load Washer:

This is an excellent product that performs as required and expected. It provides three water temperature selections and three load size selections, allowing me to save both on water and energy costs. It is easy to use and cleans well.

Energy Efficiency
    The washer is designated energy efficient, although I am not sure how to gauge this since my energy bills have not changed. However, it cleans well in cold water and allows me to select small, medium, and large load sizes.

Cleaning Time
    My clothes are cleaned well and I have not complaints. Load time is based on the type of load, allowing for heavier cleaning and light cleaning loads.

This machine replaced a Whirlpool washer I had for 15 years and so I replaced it with another Whirlpool. I have no reason to expect it will not last as long. I am still using the Whirlpool dryer I purchased 15 years ago.

Panel is intuitive and easy to use. Everything is self-explanatory and works as expected.

I purchased a very basic version, which is what I wanted. I am still using the previous dryer and wanted a washer that was similar in color and appearance, so that I did not have to purchase the pair.

I have no reason not to expect the same longevity from this washer that I received from the previous. I have never required service.

Comments about Whirlpool Traditional Top Load Washer:

I have leased, rent and owned thousands of washers and dryers. One of favorite washers would have to be the Whirlpool Traditional Top Load Washer. It washes my clothes fast, can take on a heavy load with ease and not too bad of a price. I have used this washer in the past and if I didn't have a new washer today, I would definitely purchase the Whirlpool Traditional Top Load Washer again.

Energy Efficiency
    I don't really notice a hike within my electric bill and since the water is free, no harm there either. We don't use much electricity so the bill would balance out with washer usage.

Cleaning Time
    Washes very well and took no time to clean my clothing. It doesn't take hours to clean like a laundry mat. I would pop my clothes in the wash and quickly they are done.

Very high performance. There are a number of settings on the washer for me to choose from. The spin cycle is great.

Very simple to use. I like to fill the water up first and then add my clothing for extra cleaning. Either way it works well and easy to use.

The design is great and makes it easy to load and unload my clothing.

WhirlPool Washer

from Stafford, Virginia

Comments about Whirlpool Traditional Top Load Washer:

This washer is a very good basic washer for cleaning clothes. My biggest complaint would be not being able to reach in the washer to get my clothes out. For people who are short this could be a problem. The washer does last a long time without any problems but it will eventually star to have electrical problems. Recently our washer has started to turn off and on by itself. So we are going to have to get a new washer. Overall I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a traditional washer that is priced decently.

Energy Efficiency
    There are options to wash the clothes in shorter times if people want to.

Cleaning Time
    The cleaning time is short but still gets clothes clean, even when they were really dirty.

With all the buttons it makes it easy for anyone to use. There are different types of cycles to choose from. You can also choose a load size for smaller loads of clothes that you may be washing. You can choose to wash the clothes in hot water or cold water. There are even spin cycles you can choose from.

Simple and durable.

from Kansas

Comments about Whirlpool Traditional Top Load Washer:

This washer was handed down to me from my parents who had it for 2 years before they gave it to me. I have had it 3 years and have never had a problem with it. This is a simple washer that cleans clothes excellently. Additionally, it is low-priced!

You simply chose your cycle type [delicate, heavy, etc], temperature [hot, cold etc], and water level, then hit start. Anybody can use this washer! This device holds a lot of clothing and you can even wash queen size comforters and blankets in it. This washer is very quiet in comparison to other ones.

This is a reasonably priced, simple, durable washer. I highly recommend it!

Energy Efficiency
    You can chose the level of water in the washing machine which makes it more energy efficient.

Cleaning Time
    The cycles are slightly longer than most washers.

This performs just as well as more expensive washers.

This is extremely simple to use and would be great for teaching kids how to do laundry!

This is a simply designed top loading washer.

This washer has been used for around 5 years and has never had any problems.

• Cleaning Time:

Reliable, dependable washer for our family's needs

Comments about Whirlpool Traditional Top Load Washer:

We bought a gently used washer of this type last year and have been nothing but pleased with its performance. It is the same washer my parents have at their house, where we have done multiple loads of laundry, and it handles all of our needs well.

Cleaning Time
    Wash cycles range from 20-30 minutes for a regular wash; less for delicates or hand washables. But I'm always surprised by how quickly the load is finished.

Our clothes come out clean, even with mild stains. It has consistently performed to our needs for a year, and we do 4-5 loads of laundry each week. We have used it to wash comforters and mattress pads, as well, without difficulty.

This is one of the simplest washers I've ever used. No confusing settings or extraneous dials. One dial for load size. One for wash temperature. One for extra rinse settings. And the main dial uses simple language to explain each type of wash cycle. I have never been overwhelmed by the options, which are many on this washer.

Not a noisy washer. If the door to the laundry room is closed, I sometimes forget it's running.

We do multiple full-size loads of laundry a week, sometimes multiple per day, and the washer has handled them all with ease.