2.9

2.9

Pros

Cons

Top-notch machine

I've only had this machine one day but I am thrilled.  It cleans well, the tub is super large, especially since it doesn't have an agitator.  The machine is lightweight and although it vibrates during the spin cycle, it doesn't shake the whole room.  This is important because the room the washer is in has a weak floor and strong vibrations or shaking could be disasterous.

Does not clean well

I got the Whirlpool Top Load Washer WTW4950XW in the past, I used it for a couple of times and I had to return it. Here's why: Somehow this product does not use enough water. So some of the clothes come out partially dry and some are not washed properly with all the dirt and stains still intact! Now, I am all for environment conservation and saving water but this was ridiculous! In any case you end up using more water/electricity as you have to re-wash the clothes even though that does not make any difference to the dirt/stains. Also, it left a lot of my clothes with weird streaks and soap stains. I had to throw out a lot of clothes because of dried soap stains. I once tried to wash a dog blanket and even after soaking and washing it separately, the blanket came out all smelly, not clean at all. Also, my clothes came out EXTREMELY wrinkled and I had a bad time getting those wrinkles out. This never happened with any of the machines that I have used and I have used a lot of them since I travel and move a lot. I won't recommend this washer.

Whirlpool Washer - HORRIBLE performance

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• 14 Capacity Is Usable
  • Bleach Remains In Tub
  • Doesn't Clean Effectively
  • Shakes/Moves
  • State Capacity Is A Lie
  • Super Small Capacity

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

The design of the machine is flawed. You can not fill the tub more than 1/4 of the way because then the clothes do not a) come clean and b) do not rinse properly and c) end up with the dirt just redistributed.

The repair man said he gets 3 calls like this per week.

- You can not "override" the level sensor. If you add additional water, it will drain out.
    - I have put less detergent and more detergent. Nothing matters.
    - I have to use bleach then the bleach show up 3 loads later. I was told that this is because the tub never properly flushes out therefore some bleach remains.

I paid for an extended warranty to five years and they will not replace the machine. Neither will Whirlpool. If I cancel the warranty it must be for both the washer and dryer (I would keep the dryer and its extended warranty but NO, you can't do this.) If I cancel I get what I paid less $25 and less the cost of the service call (the one where the repair person said it is a flawed design) . When I asked how much the service call costed, they said they would not tell me. I had to take this up with the very company that they were representing -- ????

What a lot of nonsense. I just want CLEAN CLOTHES!!!!! And I don't want to wash only 4-6 items at a time.

Not a bad clothes washer, just noisy

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

For a basic clothes washer that didn't cost a lot of money, this one has proven to be a good buy. The only problem is that it is noisy.

Energy Efficiency
    This washer is Energy Star certified and is HE (high efficiency). For small loads it uses less water, so on occasions when you have to run a small load, you know you're not wasting water. However, you do have to buy HE detergent. I have not found that to be a significant expense. It also has an "eco" setting, which is nice because you can set that and leave it on that all the time.

I haven't observed any problems with this washer's cleaning clothes. It does not do a great job with pet hair, but I don't expect it to perform miracles.

This washer doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, which I like. You just set it and let it run.

While it may be difficult for some people to reach into a top-load machine, I prefer that to stooping to load a front-loader. It is much more efficient for small spaces to have a top loader so the washer door isn't open where you need space to stand. Stackable would be more efficient, but this has greater capacity.

Several years in, I am happy with this clothes washer's track record.

• Cleaning Time:

This is a very good quality washer

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

This washer is so easy to operate and its so easy to get your laundry done no matter how big the load is. The best part about it is that you load it on the top instead of hurting your back bending down all the time to transfer them from machine to machine and putting them in the basket. It has helped me a lot with my back problems i love this washer and you will to.

Cleaning Time
    Mine never cloggs up which used to be my problem a lot when i had my old washer that was a front facer.

The best part is that you can even get it in different colors.

Does not clean well

Doesn't Clean Clothes

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

No matter which dials I have tried on this machine, nor the amount of soap I have put in, this machine never gets our clothes clean. They still smell like whatever they smelled like when they were put it, but now with a hint of soap added. I called Whirlpool about, and they told me to turn the "fabric softner added" dial to "yes" so that more water would be added -- which I tried multiple times with no luck. Do not buy this washer.

Energy Efficiency
    Multiple washes means negative energy efficiency.

Never gets things clean.

Does not perform its job.

Easy selection of buttons.

Simple design.

• Cleaning Time:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

The machine broke after less than two months.

Less than 2 months of use which is about 15 wash loads, the machine is broken. It just clicks for a while like it is trying and then shuts down. Whirlpool service has been called. They didn't show up for the first appointment. Several calls later and we are still waiting on a second appointment.

Wnirlpool HE Top loader WTW4950

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

The washer will not spin if it cannot balance the load. Washing rugs does not work at all. The washer is less than two years old of course it is out of warranty and then would not spin at all. The nut fell off and than the pulley to spin the tub. Not a major repair but not the quality I am use to from Whirlpool. Next washer probably won't be a Whirlpool.

Energy Efficiency
    I do not measure power consumption.

Cleaning Time
    The washer takes forever to complete a cycle but that's okay because now it takes as long to wash a cycle as it does to dry!

I am a firm believer that washers should not come apart in two years.

Put the clothes in and push a button. These balance issues are a design flaw as far as I am concerned.

Improve the design life.

Let's wait and see how many other issues there will be.

Okay washing machine.

from Logan, UT

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

This washing machine was given to me fairly new. It cleans well, but we've had a few problems with it as well.

Energy Efficiency
    I'm not quite sure on this, but I don't think it an energy star.

Cleaning Time
    It takes about the usual time to get clothes washed.

It cleans alright, but sometimes can tear clothes, and lately is leaving blue stains at times.

It has basic controls, and is very easy to turn to the right settings.

The design is very basic, but works well.

Not sure on the durability as we've had some problems in the past. Although, those may be due to other factors.

Whirlpool Top load Washing Machine

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

A good washing machine for the money.

Energy Efficiency
    It is more energy efficient than my last washing machine.

Cleaning Time
    The cleaning time is pretty fast and you can adjust the time.

This machine washes good but the clothes come out a little more wrinkled than I like.

Very easy to understand knobs and one button.

It takes a little getting used to no agitator in the center.

This machine has held up so far to large items,such as : hunting clothes and blankets.

• Cleaning Time:

It is the best washer I have ever owned!

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

I needed a new washer and the salesman recommended this model. I bought it and read some reviews after I got home. As I read them, I become nervous and almost cancelled the order. I am so glad I did not cancel, as this washer is the very best one I have ever owned in the last 40 years.

Energy Efficiency
    This washer uses a minimum of electricity.

Cleaning Time
    I can do 2 loads of laundry in an hour, even if I am using super wash cycle.

My clothes are super clean, and they seem to not show wear because the washer does not rub the items. I have washed three new uniforms twice a week for 4 weeks, and they still look like new. Because they are dark green, they usually looked worn after 5 washes.

If you read the instructions, this washer is a dream. I had read some reviews that say you cannot control the cycles, stop the washer, add clothes after starting. I have not had any problem doing any of these things.

Sleek looking, and control panel easy to read and use.

Since I do about 6 loads a day, and the machine has not malfunctioned, I give it a 5. I trust this brand as my first washer was a Whirlpool and it lived for over 20 years doing laundry for myself, my husband, and 3 active and sports playing boys.