3.8
Whirlpool Top Load Washer

Whirlpool Top Load Washer

3.8

• Cleaning Time:

I have only had the wtw58es for about 2 months...

I love this washer.  I have been married for 29 years and had 3 children and have had several washers over these years.  This one SO FAR I love.  It washes sooo fast and the clothes come out clean with no powder or residue on them.  I had to get used to not 'peeking' at the laundry because it is a water saver and it puts a little water in then agitates a few seconds and determines how much water it needs to do this size load.  Then it adds just what it needs and no more.  If you open it to peek it assumes you added more clothes and fills it to the top with water.  (a washer cant really 'assume' but this is the way manufacturer assumed I guess) Some detergents say to fill the washer and add the soap and you cannot do this with this machine (not that I know of anyway) but I have found you dont need to.  I add the soap on the dry clothes and have not had any problems.  Before I got this washer I used so much water per load it kept overflowing my slow laundry tub.  How aggravatiing!  But since I have had this washer I have not had one overflow.  It uses so little water compared to my last washer!  I read in other reviews that it leaves the clothes wetter and I have noticed this as well, however I set my dryer to the same setting I always have and they come out dry everytime so I have not noticed that they take any longer to dry, its not like they are dripping wet.  This washer is direct driven so it has no belts and my washer repairman recommended direct driven when my last washer broke for good.  The settings are fantastic, there are so many and I use them all occasionally.  Lots of temp cycles, a gentle cycle, a handwash cycle as well as bulky items or comforters.  I washed my comforters and they came out great!  The only time it got off balance is when I out 1 rug in and it was just on the one side of the washer.  You have to distribute the weight equally somewhat and putting one rug in by itself I knew I would probably have a problem, but not a big problem, it still went through the cycles without moving all over the basement like some washers would have done.  Other reviews have complained that this washer is tall and that confuses me.  I am 5' 5" and it isnt tall at all for my size.  Who wants to bend over to do laundry anyway?  So far I cant say enough good about this washer.  Hope I dont change my mind in the years to come.  Oh and the price was fantastic!  I got it for right around 400.00 out the door!  How can you beat it?

Noisy and leaves clothes too wet at end of cycle.

This washing machine is louder than most I have owned.  It does not extract as much water from the clothes as other washers I have owned.  This means longer drying times in the dryer (which increases the cost of doing a load of wash).  The washer also goes out of balance very easily compared to other washers I have owned.  I have to concentrate on ensuring each garment in the wash is carefully placed in the machine before starting it.  To top it off, after just 2 years of use, the cycle I use most frequently broke.  I have never owned a washer before that quite working that quickly.  On the plus side, this washer does get heavily soiled clothes quite clean.  It has adequate capacity for washing fairly large loads.  It also washes clothes quickly, relative to front-load washers.

whirlpool cabrio model topload washing machine

from Downeast, ME

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet
  • Spins Clothes Dry

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

Unfortunately, this model convinced me never to buy a whirlpool product again. Once the warranty period expired, we found that the lid does not stay up. When I complained to the company, they said it was a "cosmetic flaw" and put me in touch with a supplier of a replacement lid, who told me that the company had changed the lid design. He sent me a new lid with no apparent difference, and at a substantial price. The new lid has the same problem. The washing function works fine. But be prepared to tie a bungee cord to hold the lid up while you load and unload clothes.

Best washer I have had so far!

from Michigan, USA

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
      • Clean Clothes Well
      • Energy Efficient
      • Quiet
      • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Long Cycle

• Delicates
      • Everyday Clothes
      • Towels

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

As a mom, I typically use this washer everyday. I live knowing that it is energy efficient and saves water by not filling the washer with more water than needed. However, it can take a long time to complete a regular wash cycle. I wouldn't recommend washing bulky or heavy soiled loads due to the water saving feature. The water level does not get very high. I would definitely recommend this product to a friend.

works great

from Brooke tx

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

I've had this washer for a few years already and I still love it and am happy with it. I used to own the newer style washers but I prefer the top load style. They fit more clothes and it doesn't take up too much space. It washes better as well. I like that it fits more clothes then the newer style washers. I am very satisfied with this washer and the brand. I would recommend to everyone.

Cleaning Time
      Cleaning time is fast. This washer doesn't have too many options which is one of the best parts causing it to wash at regular time.

Works great and also great from removing stains and washing thoroughly.

Very easy to use since its pretty basic and still does the job! the buttons are pretty easy to understand so it's very simple for anyone to use.

It is very nice and has a clean look. Not too bulky and fits in all areas.

I have had it for a few years with no issues at and through three different moves.

• Cleaning Time:

Doesn't work half the time for me.

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

Bought this washer and it doesn't work half the time and my clothes don't seem to really come clean. Shuts off a lot on it's own which I hate because it's hard to get it started again. It is also always off balance even when their aren't that many clothes in there. Wish I would have bought something else.

so easy and roomy

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

We have owned this brand since I was small but have changed styles twice . This is our current one and has had problems before but was only due to us dropping it during our move. It got fixed a bit pricey but less than replacing it . Even after the fall and the repair it works just like it did before . It is fast and efficient and easy enough for my grandma to use without being able to read the small print due to her bad vision .

Energy Efficiency
      It does not waste energy because the cycles are not that long from 20 - 35 minutes the most . The bills do not come any higher .

Cleaning Time
      The timing is good they have a short cycle , delicate and a large one . The cycles do not take more than 35 minutes .

It has never given up no matter how big the load was . It moved that's how hard it was going when we put in all our blankets . It did not get messed up after that it can go a long way and not go bad .

Super easy for kids , grown ups and seniors . We all use it and never have any trouble with them . There are only three selections and knobs for amount of water , type of wash and size of the load .

The design is basic and blue , no complaints.

It has been over four years gone through moves and still is working just like when we got it the first time .

Solid Little Workhorse!

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

After a cross-world move, we had to purchase anything that was electric as currents and plugs are different in other parts of the world. That may not seem like a big deal, but when you start counting up how many things in a house use electricity, you will be astounded! We had a LOT of shopping to do.

Shortly after beginning, our heads were already spinning so, by the time we got to washing machines, we really just looked at a few reviews and went with a name we have come to trust.

Thankfully, we lucked out. With four kids, we do a LOT of laundry, so this machine has certainly been put to the test. So far, we have no complaints. We do everything from light clothes through to heavy jeans, towels, work clothes, and duvets. The capacity is GREAT and we probably do half the loads we did with our previous front loader.

Even when we have bulky items in like comforters or blankets, the machine never rocks or gets out of balance. The cleaning power is great, too, even though we live where there is red clay (usually ground into our boys' pants!). I use a homemade laundry soap and everything is spic and span!

If I have a complaint, it is that the machine is a little louder than I would like. From the first 'adding water' cycles through to the spin, the noise level is such that it's tolerable in the day, but I wouldn't think of running a load at night when the kids are in bed.

That's a minor price to pay, though, and I am overall very pleased with this washer!

Whirlpool Top Load Gets the Job Done

from Virginia

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

I have had this Whirlpool top loading washing machine for several years now. It really does a good job of getting the clothes clean. This model is a little outdated now with the front loading machines coming onto the scene. My husband works construction and really dirties up his clothes. This machine has stood the test of time and does a great job cleaning his clothes. I do clean the machine every once in awhile which helps get rid of residue and buildup in the machine. The settings are all very good, and I really like the delicate cycle. Overall, this is a great purchase choice.

basic washer

from Ithaca, NY

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

there is nothing bad or outstanding about this machine. i like it. it is very basic and cleans well. my favorite function is its "tap cold" option, which allows me to consume less energy on mildly soiled clothing items

works for me

from Twin Rocks, PA

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

This was my second washer in the last two years. The first one was a front loader and it was terrible! I got this one as a replacement and I LOVE it! I wish I had bought it to begin with. I've never had a single problem with it, though it is a little loud when it is in the spin cycle.

• Cleaning Time:

Well worth the investment!!

from Fresno, CA

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

I have had my washer for almost 2 years now, and it works as good now as it did the day I got it, I have a 17 yr old son and 2 girls ages 3 and 7 months and my husband is an auto tech, so I can say it has been put to the test many times, and doing 7+ loads a week, and always proves itself true.

Energy Efficiency
      I don't have much to compare it with, but doesn't seem to cost my bills more than my old washer (also a Whirlpool)

Cleaning Time
      Takes the same amount of time as any other washer I have used and owned.

My clothes always come out clean and fresh, no complaints there.

Put in soap and clothes and go, even works with my Downy ball!

fits in the space I have and not too bulky

So far, 2 yrs and counting and no repairs needed.