4.1
WTW6200SW
Whirlpool Top Load Washer

Whirlpool Top Load Washer

4.1

The best washer I have ever owned

The Whirlpool Cabrio automatic washer with the 6Th sense technology is the greatest washer I have had  and I have used quiet a few! The water level is adjusted by itself due to amount of clothes and type of wash you are doing.  It gives you the whitest white even with well water. It is great on getting out stains. I have never had a washer that was quiet and didn't bounce around ( even when load is even and level) It readjust itself when the clothes get out of balance. It uses LESS  water and detergent. It sets up everything water level, temperature of wash & rinse cycle, spin speed and you can adjust anything you want. The top locks shut so no children can get it. It also tells you how long the wash is going to take. There is even a cycle to clean the washer like if wash a pets blanket the tiny hairs it will remove it after you put on the clean the washer. It has energy star rating and is a high efficiency machine. It has a suspension system so it will not walk and bounce. *The washer also has a stainless steel basket. It force filters the traps the dirt flushing it down the drain and not back onto the clothes. *It also has a delay wash if you need it. It is the best machine you will ever invest in and it is worth it!!!

Don't buy this washer.

I have owned this Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6200SW Washer for a couple of years now. I bought it because I owned a Whirlpool before and was very pleased with it. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for this one.The first problem I had with this washer is the water spill when the laundry is not loaded quite balanced. Instead of just stopping when the drum is spinning too much to one side, the water spills out of the side of the drum and between the housing onto the floor. The service repair representative explained that nothing can be done and this is just a poorly designed feature. So I am extremely careful when loading the machine.I also don't like the fact that the lid locks when the machine is operating, something I did not know upon purchase. But that is a personal preference.But now I have discovered a worse problem. Upon a number of occasions an article of laundry actually gets caught in the seam between the side and bottom of the drum during the spin cycle and is torn when I remove the item. As a matter of fact, a piece of sheet is stuck right now in the seam and I cannot get it out. The sheet, of course, has quite a sizable hole in it.I have not been satisfied with Customer Support to date. And now that the warrantee has expired, I must pay for service.Too bad such an expensive washer is so unsatisfactory a product.

Never Whirlpool again

from Powhatan, VA

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

had whirlpool products all of my life. The last washer lasted our family about 15 to 20 yrs.

The Cabrio seem to be a good fit for our family, However after a year or so it started leaking on the floor and is extremly LOUD.

WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER WHIRLPOOL PRODUCT EVER.

Cabrio washes great until it broke down

from Vancouver, WA

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

I wanted a high capacity, energy efficient wash machine but didn't have the floor space for a front-loader, so the Whirlpool Cabrio top-loading model seemed like a good choice.  Overall, I have been satisfied with the machine, *but after only two years, the motor failed!*   Other than being an expensive repair, I have been very happy with the performance of this machine.

- The high capacity, stainless-steel wash tub easily handles my king-size comforter

- The flat, plastic agitator in the bottom of the tub makes it easy to wash pillows at home, but it has scratched easily

- Even the largest loads and cotton throw rugs come clean

- Very quiet operation

- Detergent and bleach dispensers work very well, but I do notice some spotting on dark colors from the fabric softener dispenser

- *Love the self-cleaning cycle* but difficult to clean area around lid hinges

- Gentle and Wool cycles are very delicate and worth using

Had we not needed a repair, this machine would have earned a 5-star rating.

Whirlpool Top Load Washer is not too shabby.

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

Like the title says, the Whirlpool Top Load Washer is not too shabby. After having purchased this in order to replace one of the most painfully slow and loud washers, this one was instantly. With that said, we were definitely pleasantly surprised as to how quiet it was and easy to use it was. We didnt even know that they had machines that were capable of being so quiet!! I used to not be able to run the washer during night time and would have to plan my laundary hours around our sleeping schedule because ti was so bad. This new washer has definitely given me a new perspective on washing machines. All the clothes that comes out of it when complete are always extra clean (you would think that this is a given with all washing machines but apparently this can still be a problem). I would highly recommend this!!

A very good washer

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

The Whirlpool Top Load Washer WTW6200S will get the job done no matter what. I purchased this washing machine and it has worked well everytime. I love this Whirlpool washing machine as it really is and energy saver. It does not use as much water as my old washing machine and it certainly does not require as much electricity as my old washing machine either. I love Whirlpool products as they are typically made of great quality and are often sturdy and durable and really well made. My old washing machine broke down like every month and up to the point when it stopped working it started to give me problems every week. I had spent a lot on that washing machine and I did not want to see my money go to waste at all. This Whirlpool Top Load Washer WTW6200S has many great features. For one, it is not as loud as some of the other washing machines out there. My old washing machine was really loud and I did not like that about it.

great whirlpool!

from Crossville, TN

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

Hello everybody,As you all know i have owned an apartment building in chicago for 20 yearsnow.And one reson my tenants stay is because i like to treat them good and fair.Anyway,I have bought 4 of these washers for my maitence room for all the people to do there laundry in.They have had nothing but good to say about this washer!Its an incredible deal and it is a wonderful way to do laundry in style.They have also said they think it is th most quiet washer they have used in years!it tackles stains wahses jeans and towels great and has alot of good about them.Trust me,i would not by 4 of these washers if i thought they wouldnt do the job right!Well they do their job and do more than expected!it is also very easy to use for first time washer users!No problem if this is the first time you do laundry!all i can say is get one of these washer and have fun doing your luandry!keep it up whirlpool!

The Whirlpool Cabrio is fantastic!

from Oxford, MS

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

I felt like a I overpaid for a washer when we got it in 2007 - but it is completely worth the money! I can wash 8 to 10 adult jeans at a time and they come out really clean! It is a great washer for once a week laundry (or more often if you have a 4 or more member family).

The handwash feature is awesome for my baby's clothes and the quick wash feature is very helpful for our weekly load of bed-linens .

I wish that they put in a steam cleaning feature in the newer models. Also the drum seems very unstable although I have never had anything strange happen to it so far.

Also I think it sometimes takes too long if the load gets very heavy but it has rarely left the clothes dirty.

Another great safety feature is that it will stop and give loud beeps if bulky items such as king size comforters or thick quilts (yes! I do was these in this washer) get tangled so that one can untangle them, preventing tears and other damage.

Overall I am happy with it and woudl highly recommend the newer models.

Buy any washer, except this Whirlpool Top Load Washer WTW6200S!

from Rochester, MN

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

My family purchased this washer because of the brand that we trust, Whirlpool. We have always been pleased with these applicanes in the past. But, this time, we can't say the same. We have had nothing but bad luck with this washer. The cycles take a lot longer than our past machine not to mention the noise level it creates. Because it is a energy saving machine, there is a new technology that causes it to know when to fill some cold, then some warm. It makes a LOUD thunking noise that I can hear up the stairs and on the other side of the house. Not only that, but when the washer has finished, the buzzing sound it makes honestly scares me. The sound is similar to a buzzer at a basketball game, and does this 5 times. I do have to say, my clothes have almost always been clean, but generally come out wrinkled, inside out, and odd stains that weren't there when they went in. The machine does use less water, again because it is an energy saver. But, I think I would take a machine that was less environmentally friendly over this one because of all of the bad experiences I've had so far.

Efficient and Eco-friendly

from Goose Creek, SC

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

Our newly built home in South Carolina came with this washer. We sold our recently purchased Kenmore because we loved this washer so much. It handles bulky comforters without breaking a sweat. I love how many options I have. I can adapt the settings to large loads and small loads. I try to be eco-friendly by running cold washes whenever possible, and even with using cold water this washing machine gets out tough stains like oil and grease. Washes do not take long, even with the heavy-duty wash cycles. I love how quickly and efficiently I get laundry done. I am pleased with this purchase.

It is easy to keep clean, once a month I run a micro-fiber cloth and all purpose cleaner all over it and run a hot cycle using bleach to disinfect the inside.

Although I have a laundry room, it is upstairs next to all the bedrooms, but even so the machine isn't terribly loud. And the loudest parts of the cyle are short.

BEST WASHING MACHINE

from Des Plaines, IL

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

When my washing machine broke last year in december I was devestated.  I didn't think I could replace it.  It had given me so many years of loyal washing...But when I did some research online I knew TheWhirpool Top Load Washer was for me.  It had gotten such great reviews I knew it wouldn't let me down.  So I'm honoring mine, by writing an amazing review for it.  I love it.  It's the best washing machine in the entire world. I think I'm qualified to make that statement.  I wash all my kittens clothing in it, and they come out fresh, clean and best of all  not damaged! My old washing machine would always manage to snag one of their sweaters when I washed it on gentle, and I just thought that it was something I was going to have to live with. But this washing machine proved that wrong.  Now my cats are stylish AND clean! They look PUUUURFECT.  I love this washing machine and if anyhting ever happens to it I'm running to the store immediatly to purchase a new one.

whirlpool cabrio is a must have for a big family

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Whirlpool Top Load Washer:

I am hard on washers. My last one lasted 5 years and it was a brand new Maytag with a 5 year warranty.  I finally killed the motor with all of the large items I wash.  I had it serviced a few times in that 5 years too.  I bought the Whirlpool Cabrio 5cf for the size and the price was great too. The 5.2 was more expensive so we stayed with the 5cf.  It is huge enough for the giant blankets that I was frequently for our dogs and also our king size comforters.  My oldest son is 6.1 and weighs in at around 300lbs and his clothes are huge and really heavy when wet but this washer takes em all.  I have filled it to capacity and have been amazed at how clean everything is when it comes out and how well its spins the water out.  I have only had it a couple of weeks so not sure about longevity but I did buy the 5 year warranty since i have killed all of my other washers.  I will keep reposting for as long as it takes, but so far so good. I  am looking forward to seeing my water bill drop too.  Love it.